Start by marking “Polar Bear Plunge” as Want to Read:
Polar Bear Plunge

Polar Bear Plunge

Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Polar Bear Plunge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polar Bear Plunge

Start your review of Polar Bear Plunge
June
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As usual, Linda Glaz wrote a fantastic story that warms the heart and helps us to see the good in life. Two people who were determined to never need someone to love romantically find that they can't fight the feelings when they show up. Totally loved the characters and their stories. For a novella, I felt she did a fine job of writing her characters so we knew who they were.
Lillian
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Sweet Holiday Romance

Despite her stubborn determination to provide for her son, a young soldier’s widow becomes temporarily dependent on a well-meaning war hero—thanks to a little mingling from her mother-in-law.

This heartwarming story has lots of charm. A perfect bedtime read.
Darlene
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A perfectly sweet inspirational love story. Polar Bear Plunge is a fine example of how tragedy and grief can bring broken people together in unexpected ways, bringing new hope and love to the surface. This was a wonderful, quick read right in time for Christmas.
Karls
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, quick read! Absolutely loved it.
Suzanne Hartmann
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, fun Christmas story!
Paula  Phillips
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This Christmas Aleni is about to step into the unknown as while on ER duty , she meets Brice Taylor, one of the contestants for the local Polar Bear Plunge. Brice Taylor however isn't just your average Joe Bloggs though , he was a Soldier and during the war in Afghanistan his troop was attacked and Brice survived and then wrote a book about it. For Aleni, though this brings back too many memories as she lost her husband Eli two years ago. Eli was also a soldier who was on tour. As the book goes ...more
Donna Winters
Dec 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Brice Taylor hits his head during the Polar Bear Plunge, ends up in the emergency room, and in the care of Aleni Callan, a widow of the Afghanistan conflict. Christmas brings painful memories, and longings for her husband, Eli. Brice has his own memories of failed operations in Afghanistan and the loss of a woman he was trying to protect. Circumstances bring Aleni and Brice closer together than either expected when he was suffering in the hospital. This story delivers great pacing, warmth, humor ...more
Marji Laine
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to tell you, this story was not only the perfect length, it gave me the perfect mix of emotions. I found myself immediately drawn into the story by the frustration of an overworked nurse and the guy described as "hot" even though he'd nearly frozen to death. The underlying hints of deeper stories and the connection with servicemen kept me enthralled.

All of that, a pre-schooler and two spirited huskies! Dogs and kids. Who could pass that up?

Believable characters and realistic reactions ste
Cynthia
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Three and a half stars. You'll enjoy spending time with Brice and Aleni for Christmas. The setting is very cozy, which is part of the appeal of this book, but Glaz also has a knack for creating believable characters who are just plain doomed to fall for one another. One critical portion of this book seemed very rushed to me, but don't let that stop you if you're looking for a quick, fun romance with a good dose of Christmas.
LoRee Peery
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I expected humor, based on the title, but really enjoyed this emotionally charged story.
Liz Lovesrainbows
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
sweet with a happy ending!!
Joanne Sher
Dec 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
A fun, romantic, delightful easy read.
Katie
Delores Liesner
Jun 29, 2016
Darlene Ferland
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Ms. Glaz's book. It is a good read at Christmas time,.
Cheryl
Linore
Nov 16, 2012
Valerie Cavallaro
Dec 26, 2016
Linda, married with three grown children and three grandchildren, is a complete triple-A personality. How else would she find time to write as well as be an agent for Hartline Literary Agency? She loves any and every thing about the written word and loves when families pass stories along through the generations as her mother did with her. She was blessed to have served in the Air Force at a time w ...more

News & Interviews