Start by marking “Crash (Visions, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crash (Visions, #1)

Crash

(Visions #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  7,577 ratings  ·  1,067 reviews
If what you see is what you get, Jules is in serious trouble. The suspenseful first of three books from the New York Times bestselling author of the Wake trilogy.

Jules lives with her family above their restaurant, which means she smells like pizza most of the time and drives their double-meatball-shaped food truck to school. It’s not a recipe for popularity, but she can ha
Published January 8th 2013 by Simon Pulse

·  7,577 ratings  ·  1,067 reviews

Emily May
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was ok

This is an exciting paranormal mystery about a girl who sees a horrifying vision of a truck accident and nine body bags lying in the snow. She sets out to discover if the vision could be a reality to come and tries to prevent it from happening. It's full of gripping suspense, mystery and general badassery.

Oops, sorry, that was the book I wanted this to be. Let's try again.

This is a dull story about the forbidden romance between two teens from warring families. Jules' obsession with Sawyer is al
Giselle
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc, own
I'm weary of books sometimes, but more often than not I surprise myself by loving them. So this is why I still gave Crash a try knowing it's written by the same author who wrote one of my least favorite books of all time. It's unfortunate, but this is a sign that me and Ms McMann simply aren't meant to be. I have to learn to move on, regardless of the temptations that may come about.

Jules Jules Jules, you had such potential! You see visions! And there are body bags in your visions! I wanted to
Daiane
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

This book is wonderful! Or it would be...
Jules has this crush on a boy from her family's enemies. As both have parents who own Italian restaurants, even though they used to be friends, they just can't anymore because their families hate one another.

All I knew was that I wasn’t allowed to play cheetahs and bears with Sawyer anymore.

But Jules starts seeing this vision of a terrible explosion...

That can end with her love's life. So now she has to live her life and ignore
hayden
Pre-Review

Oh my dogs, you guys.

Oh my dogs.

There are no words.

I just can't.

Writing reviews for books like this suck. You try to put how you're feeling into words, but everything you come up with pales like a vampire in comparison to how your heart is feeling.

No. Just no.

I'll explain it like this: when I think of CRASH, I get this feeling in my heart that's like angels lifting me into Heaven or looking into the eyes of my crush for the first time.

I wish CRASH was a person. I wish it so hard. I wou
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: disappointing, ya
Is there anything more disappointing then the CRASHING mediocrity of a book that you were genuinely excited about?!

This is the book version of a movie where you see all the good parts in the trailer. The back cover sounds great and then the story is just MEH...

So the basic premise of this book is that Jules is constantly seeing visions of a huge "crash." And one of the victims is the guy she likes, who also happens to be the son of her families "arch nemesis"/rival pizza restaurant owners.

Actua
♥Rachel♥
Jan 26, 2012 rated it liked it

Crash
was a book I was really excited about. I love mystery, suspense and action stories, especially if a little swoony romance is thrown in. Crash was exactly that.

The Demarco’s and Angotti’s have been rivals for years. Each have an Italian Pizza restaurant and competition and old accusations keep the bitter rivalry going. This isn’t good for Jules Demarco because ever since she can remember, she’s been in love with Sawyer Angotti. They were once thick as thieves growing up, having all kinds of
Miss H
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I really, really wanted to love this book. I mean, it had a beautiful cover and an interesting blurb. What's not to like about that? Unfortunately, despite its promising premise, the book failed to deliver. Suffice it to say, I was disappointed.

I think the thing that frustrated me the most was that the plot had so much potential. Things started going downhill pretty fast, though. The story started dragging and got rather repetitive. It was the same vision over and over again. There was really no
Rose
Quick review for a quick read. There were definitely moments in this book where I had second hand embarrassment for the wrong reasons, but ultimately I did like parts of Lisa McMann's "Crash", the first in her "Visions" series. The story revolves around a young woman named Jules who's family runs a pizza shop. Yet she starts having visions of a car crash that kills several people, including her childhood crush and former friend Sawyer. The conflict trades between Jules' s guilt/working to offset ...more
Mar 06, 2012 rated it liked it

Look at that cover! Simple, beautiful and a bit creepy. I love it! The cover may have lured me in, but it was Lisa McMann’s name that made me scoop it up and plop it in the basket. An author who can sweep me into her story and words with humor, strong likeable characters, swoon worthy boys, and a relaxed, easy flow and tone. She always entertains me from beginning to end.

Crash kicks off a new series and introduces readers to Jules and her family as they struggle, work, and love among the meatba
kari
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, ya
One of the things I enjoy most about Lisa McMann's storytelling is how spare it is. There are no words wasted, no characters who are put in just to waste time, everything connects even if you don't see those connections at first.
This gets a solid 4.5 stars for me because there were just a few small things that bothered me. And I do mean they are very small because this was a really great read.
I'd have liked to get some idea at some point what Jules looked like. Completely leaving out her physica
jaroda
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rapid fire review time: Slow start, but fast-paced. This is my fourth Lisa McMann book (the first of my second series) and I thought it was pretty decent. A good series starter. The plot was intriguing, and the ending definitely left me wanting to continue with the series.
Aman
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Enticed by Books

McMann won me over with her Wake trilogy, so I had really high hopes for Crash when it came out earlier this year. Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who wouldn't read a book if it doesn't have majority of stellar reviews and I was a little disappointed when that didn't happen with Crash. But since I had already requested Bang and was approved for it later, I had to read this series, and I have to say that I went in expecting the worst, but ended up loving this boo
Joy (joyous reads)
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lisa McMann's latest dive into the paranormal geared towards the young adult combines her penchant for mysticism and perception beyond ordinary.

Visions series follows the same formula as her Dream Catcher series - which I absolutely loved. Her characters has some kind of psychic ability that they're able to use for the common good. In here, Jules gets visions of bad things that will happen in the future and it's up to her to try and stop it or warn whoever's directly impacted by the occurrence.
Aly
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I've read other Lisa McMann books and I was a little disappointed with this compared to her others. It doesn't help that I didn't think the narrator was that good. She was a little too dramatic and her voices for the boys weren't great. The story was fairly straightforward with few surprises. Jules begins seeing visions of an accident that kills nine people, including her long time crush and family rival Sawyer. She struggles with what to do and tries to tell Sawyer, which doesn't go over well. ...more
Andrea
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018-read, trash
This was so damn weird. I think the best part of this was the fact that it was so damn short. So Julia spends this book getting these strange visions of impending doom about her long time love Sawyer. Vomiting already I know. Not only that, but she continually stalks him and keeps trying to warn him about it. Yes this girl is slightly crazy. The sad thing was that I actually started to ship this incredibly unhealthy and weird relationship!

There really wasn't much of a plot besides the visions a
Cyana Scriptora
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.8 Stars!

I really liked this because it is a simple paranormal plot line that is just written so well. I enjoy this author's style and her sense of humor. This is a very light paranormal. McMann focuses on other aspects of the characters ... and I thought that was a really nice touch. Definitely, give this one a try. You will not be disappointed. I read it in five hours. It just flew.

Jaime Arkin
What did I think? What did I think?

Photobucket

First of all, Crash is a new series by Lisa McMann, author of one of my favorite series around (Dream Catcher Series) So it was a given that I was going to be reading this book.

Lisa has an incredible talent at creating wonderful, believable characters that pull you into the story and this book is filled with them.

Jules is awesome. I don't know any other way to explain her. She is funny, witty, sweet and snarky... and I loved her voice in this book. She comes
Cesar
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
3 stars.

When reading a book, there comes a chance where the main character is either likable to some people while others do not like him or her. We all have different opinions. I for one have read some books where the MC wasn't likable while others I loved them.

Jules is a character that falls in the middle of likable and unlikable.

The premise of Crash is that Jules, our MC, has been getting visions of a truck hitting a building, causing it to explode, and 9 body bags appearing. And one of those
Zsa Zsa
As much I wanted to like this, I couldn't find myself to. Crash has an entertaining protagonist named Julia (or Jules), which helped me enjoy the story, but I'm left completely unsatisfied with how the book led to the ending (there has to be a word [e.g. climax, resolution, etc] for that sort of situation). There were tons of rambling and reminiscing that had no place in the plot, choppy sentences, and the use of "dog[s]" that made me want to pull my hair out.
EXAMPLE: When I was reading Crash,
Page (One Book At A Time)
I've only read Cryer's Cross by McMann, but I have several of her other books on my to read list. I really liked the sound of this one and was willing to try it. It wasn't all that I was hoping for.

I liked Jules at first. She lives in a crazy family that owns a pizza shop. She's in love with the boy who's family own the rival pizza shop. There's a whole lot of background story there that involves stolen recipes, etc. So when the parents discover in junior high that Jules and Sawyer are friends,
Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)
I really enjoyed this book! Lisa, as usual writes powerful novels full of suspense with great characters.
Jules was so relatable and likable. She freaked out over the visions, and it moved her deeply that she was supposed to do something about it. She was a strong character, and I really admired her devotion to her family. They own a restaurant and her and her brother and sister work hard as a part of the family business to help their mom, who is super hardworking and optimistic and their dad
Jay G
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

Jules Demarco sees visions. The same vision over and over again on every reflective surface. A snow plow. A rival restaurant owned by the Angotti’s family to her own family's restaurant. A crash. 9 body bags. When Jules discovers that one of these 9 body bags happens to be the boy she's loved for years, Sawyer Agnotti, she will stop at nothing to stop this crash from happening, even if
Lily-Rose
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
CRASH was a lot of fun... for a book where the plot is a lot of people potentially dying...but Jules is such a relatable, funny, sassy and awkward character, you can't help but like her and her weird life!

So Jules's family own a Pizza restaurant, and the fact that:
a) She drives the meat ball truck to school
b) Their family is in a serious rivalry with the other Pizza restaurant owning family (like serious serious)
c) She has a crush on the son of the aforementioned other pizza family (That can't
Cass -  Words on Paper
Dec 24, 2011 marked it as wishlist
Shelves: 2013-release
Okay, that synopsis thing just pulled me in. I'm listening, Lisa.
Amy
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Jules and Sawyer are from rival pizza company families in a suburb outside of Chicago. While they used to be friends, their parents put a stop to that at the beginning of 7th grade. Now, Jules is 16, still in love with Sawyer, has no friends, and has started to have visions of a fiery crash that kills 9 people, including Sawyer. She has no way of warning him without looking crazy (is she actually crazy? It's a real possibility since mental illness runs in her family) and no way to know when exac ...more
Maddison
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome book! Pleased with my choice of audios I randomly pick for challenges lately! Have to say this book had the biggest cliffhanger ending I've read in a long time, what with (view spoiler) I found it totally amazing how (view spoiler) I ...more
Madyson Barnard
this book was absolutely amazing. it was stunning the word choices were perfect. i heard words that i hear used everyday by teens. like " my stupid wenis is broken " which i hear come out of teens mouths everyday.
Jenny Jo Weir
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Boom! Crash! Bang! This is how it’s done. Crazy cute and adorable read. Appropriate for all ages. Fun, interesting and pleasant. Enjoyed the drama and the love story. Check it out!
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4 stars

The pacing occasionally frustrated me, but for the most part, this book is hard to put down. Interested to see what happens next.

Review -

Crash arrived in my mailbox as an unsolicited review copy, and after reading it, I’m glad that I received it as I never would have picked it up on my own. Protagonist Jules Demarco keeps having the same horrifying vision. She sees a snow plow smashing into a building, the building explode, and then seven body bags in the snow. The crash stalks he
  • The Gathering Dark
  • Impostor (Slide, #2)
  • Shadowlands (Shadowlands, #1)
  • Touch of Death (Touch of Death, #1)
  • Then You Were Gone
  • The Dead and Buried
  • Nobody But Us
  • Spirit and Dust (Goodnight Family #2)
  • Paper Valentine
  • Me, Him, Them, & It
  • Catherine
  • Salvation
  • The Shadow Girl
  • Return to Me
  • Revolution 19 (Revolution 19, #1)
  • Unremembered (Unremembered, #1)
  • Premeditated
  • Falling For You
Lisa McMann lives and writes in the Phoenix area. Her books include the NYT bestselling THE UNWANTEDS series (the new UNWANTEDS QUESTS series begins Feb 7, 2017) and the YA paranormal WAKE trilogy. Other books include the VISIONS trilogy, CRYER'S CROSS, DEAD TO YOU, INFINITY RING: The Trap Door, and the GOING WILD trilogy (book 2 coming autumn 2017).

You can find more info at Lisa'a website, lisamc

Visions (3 books)
  • Bang (Visions, #2)
  • Gasp (Visions, #3)
“Sawyer turned our friendship off like a faucet, but I can't help it - my faucet of love has a really bad leak.” 8 likes
“Maybe I am insane. Maybe I really am.” 1 likes