Start by marking “She's Gotta Be Mine (Cottonmouth #1)” as Want to Read:
She's Gotta Be Mine (Cottonmouth #1)

She's Gotta Be Mine

(Cottonmouth #1)

Alternate cover edition can be found here

Dumped? For her husband’s high school sweetheart he hasn’t seen in twenty years? Roberta Jones Spivey isn’t going to lay down for that. Instead, she reinvents herself and the new Bobbie Jones—new haircut, new name, new attitude—follows her soon-to-be ex to the small Northern California town of Cottonmouth.

What better way to show
Published November 15th 2011 by Jasmine Haynes (first published December 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about She's Gotta Be Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She's Gotta Be Mine

Start your review of She's Gotta Be Mine (Cottonmouth #1)
Norma
Most of the story was kind of silly, but I ended up liking it enough. Glad I didn't pay for it though!
Vintage
Sassy and satisfying read. Solid 3.5. I am getting stingy with my 4 stars.

Roberta has been dumped by her husband in favor of his high school sweetheart, a sweetheart Roberta helped him find so he could find "closure". He finds closure all right and moves to Cottonmouth.

Not having read the romance heroine rulebook, Roberta does not go into a decline, does not grovel and beg him to come back, does not look the other way. She dies her hair red, changes her name to Bobbie, gets a sassy, slightly
Irene
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Free kindle book on Amazon. Reads like a soap opera, but with a murder plot. I wasn't convinced about the main character's actions. If your husband leaves you after 15 years, do you really follow him (with changed name, hairdo and clothing) to make him jealous? And then the "serial killer" becomes a hero within 2 pages? I've indulged in fluffy romance novels for the past week, but now I'm ready for some "real" literature again.
JadeShea
She's Gotta Be Mine begins when Bobbie decides to completely change herself outside and inside. Her husband just left her for his high school sweetheart, and she has no idea what she's going to do. So, instead of wallowing in self pity, she decides to go to Cottonmouth and show him what he's missing. But she never expected to meet Nick, and to have problems when someone is murdered.

This book was okay. I liked it, but the heroine drove me nuts sometimes. Other than that I liked the plot line,
Hollie
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Small town romance done right

This was a solid 4.5 star read for me. I'm going to round this up to a 5 star on Amazon because the author was kind enough to offer this as a freebie at my time of purchase. This book had a great balance of mystery, suspense, and romance. Some reviewers commented that it was a bit far fetched, and it was at times, but it still made for fun plot! It flowed great and held my interest throughout.
C Jia Ming
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
Mix of a little action, mystery and romance, this book really brings out the character of the plot. It keeps you on your toes and is not an ordinary Contemp romance novel. Bobbie and Nick is bae tho. Through this book, u get to experience betrayal, lies, trusting the ones you love and taking a risk to jump - knowing that the person you love would be over at the other end waiting to catch you :) A GREAT READ!
Jan 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Also posted to Jen in Bookland

She's Gotta Be Mine was an alright book. Not amazing, but not horrible either. Bobbie could be a little annoying at times. She pretty much just did whatever her husband wanted until he left her for his high school sweetheart. The books starts right after that when she is reinventing herself into a sexy, do what she wants woman. She heads up to the same small town her husband is in to show him what he let go.

Nick is the town serial killer. Not sure why, I mean I know
Kerry
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
According to Amazon I purchased this book on 27th October 2012, so I thought it was about time I read it! I have to say I have really enjoyed it. It is exactly what it claims to be, “A sexy, funny, mystery/romance”.
I immediately liked Bobbie (AKA Roberta). She is 40 and recently separated from her husband, Warren. He left her for Cookie, who he seems to be have been obsessed with since high school.
Bobbie has given up her job and moved to Cottonmouth to make a brave new start. It becomes
Terisa
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Roberta Jones Spivey has decided to change everything about herself. After fifteen years of marriage her husband dumps her for his high school sweetheart, Cookie, and to make matters worse she helped him find her believing that it would give him closure. She’ll show him! She loses weight, changes her hair color, buys herself a whole new wardrobe and changes her name to Bobbie then she follows him to Cottonmouth where she rents a house across the street from Nick Angel who is rumored to be a ...more
Jo-Anne
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Roberta has been married for 15 years but their marriage has become stale in the last few years. When her husband, Warren, sees a psychiatrist he is told to find his high school sweetheart so he can find closure since he never got over her. Roberta helps him find her so he goes to meet the old flame in the small town of Cottonmouth. He decides to stay with the girlfriend, Cookie.

Roberta is stunned by this and doesn't know what to do. Finally she decides to remake herself head to toe and even
Catt
Jan 29, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a whole, I'm rating this book a one star, but as a sum of its parts, it would be a one and a half. The main character is a twit who is eclipsed by her own butt (as the author would have you believe anyway), the husband she came to town to chase is an idiot, and did I mention that her butt is the real protagonist in this story? Really, take a shot or a spoonful of ice cream every time her ass or assets gets ogled and you'll be dead by chapter four. Read closely; you'll notice no one in town ...more
Rough Draft Book Blog
I CHOOSE THE SERIAL KILLER!!!

OK - first of all... what woman in her right mind HELPS her husband get intouch with his old High School girlfriend... BS man... If he's having difficulties getting over something that happened over 20 years ago... especially an old flame... well, then he needs to be kicked to the curb!!!! Plain and simple!

This was a freebie and as freebies go it was just ok for me... I mean, I liked it, don't get me wrong... but it just seemed a little lacking for me... and when I
Tanya
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Roberta tries to help her husband by tracking down his high school sweetheart in an attempt for him to gain closure and move on with his life as according to his therapist he has "never gotten over her".

And what does he do when he meets her.....he leaves his wife after 15 years of marriage, in a phone call!

What does she do......incoming Bobbie (Roberta). New hair, new clothes, moves to the same town her husband has moved too in an attempt to regain control in her life and show him what he is
Lisa
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: it-was-ok
This book was funny,good story,(nothing like a murder) to keep you in the story.The bad boy was( bad ) ."Her body relaxed against his gentle wave lapping over him.First her torso,then her butt until she was flush up against his flaming hard -on.Christ,she felt good,smelled good.He stuck his tongue in her ear.She drew in an audible breath." .Nick caressed the shell of her with his tongue.Her hands gripped his wrist where he held her at the waist.He breathed hot against her,her shiver worming ...more
Doreen
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
I got this because a) it was free and b) it was the choice for a reading club. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It started out like standard chic-lit (and there's nothing wrong with that) but Roberta/Bobbie really developed over the course of the book, and the plot had some good twists in it. Then I realized that as J B Skully, she's also the author of the Max Starr books, which I also enjoyed, and all was explained.
Lynn Overend
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chic-lit

This is just ok. It feels like it's meant to hook you and keep your attention with intensity... It doesn't really do that, though. It's more lighthearted than it's intended to be, simply because they plot is not practical by any stretch. Still, the writing isn't terrible. It was free on Amazon, and ok for a beach read.
Sandy
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
I thought the characters were a little far fetched at first. Town serial killer meets woman who revamps herself as a redhead in tight short skirts because her husband left her for his high school sweetheart.... The story line was kind of corny but it did pick up after the murder mystery part of the book.
Stephanie Johnson
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Love it

Cheater, loser and idiot -all rolled into one ex-husband. Now combine a hot -really hot neighbor with the soon to be ex and his Cookie monster's husband murder= good fun read
Tracy
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book was ok. I figured out who did it pretty much right away. Would have preferred more mystery as it was over half-way thru the book before there was any real mystery. The main character was a bit ridiculous. Just didn't really care for the book.
Dawn ~The Romance Cover
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! A great story with loveable characters. Heartbeat, love, lust and a who did it murder all rolled into one.
I wish there was another book after this one about Nick and Bobbie I'd love to know what happens to them next.
Lovely free book well worth a read.
Dee
Jun 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebies, romance
Two- haiku review

She reinvents self
After her husband leaves her
For high school sweetheart

He's the town outcast
Great characters and murder
Most entertaining
Melindeeloo
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very cute kindle freebie with a likeable heroine, a brooding 'dangerous' love interest and a murder mystery in the background
Season
Mar 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
A very long book and a bit disappointing.
Jenn Jacobo
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute...funny .... Will be reading the next book
Felicia
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad, not bad. I'm a sucker for a book with a "feel good" ending but that's not all this book provided. The main character is spunky and made me laugh throughout, but she also learns valuable things about herself through her experiences. I like the idea of changing who you are and taking on a new persona, only to realize who it is you truly want to be.

I also believe that the murder in the book adds a little bit of conflict. It seems like everybody in Cottonmouth seems to intersect with
Linda C. May
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Roberta? Or Bobbie?

How many women find their behavior to be in response to what is expected of them.....by spouse, friend, family? Roberta realizes she has been trying to be what her husband expects of her and how miserable she has been, but doesn't have this light-bulb moment until he dumps her for an old love. This book takes us through her transformation from an insecure Roberta to a new, vibrant Bobbie who meets life head on and goes after what she wants. Along the way she finds love,
Dawn Myers
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is very slow moving, but I stuck with it. I wanted mystery and suspense, I did not get that till the last 20% of the book. 80% of the book was Bobbie trying to validate her self worth, this got very tedious. It took to long to get to the murder I knew was going to happen. I did have the murderer figured out early in the book. If you are looking for mystery and suspense I would not recommend this book.
Opinionated
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Witty and cute

My introduction read to Jennifer Skully was an enjoyable experience. I enjoyed the characters that Skully portrayed in true, small town syndrome glory.
Nick, the dark and brooding outcast artist, and Brax, the blond haired, blue eyed, vivacious Sheriff, seem like the best of both worlds for Bobbie to choose from.
I love the mystery and drama, the fun and the humor, on the way to Bobbie's happily ever after.
A good read
Deb
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
While this was a silly read, as long as the reader knows there is extremism used to make the humor it is an enjoyable read. Otherwise, it gets ridiculous. The author seemed to be good at the subtle art of trashiness, e.g. "Patsy winked, her lashes sticking a moment." It was not a book that I simply couldn't put down, actually taking me about 2 months to read. Don't need to run out and get the next in the series but I'm not against reading them in the future.
Murr
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally a heroine I like! No wimpy Pauline with no self control or need to be rescued. Our lady has real emotions and fears and conquers her own destiny. Story actually surprised me in spots which is hard to do in this “predictably formatted” genre. Overall a fun read.

• Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses, #1)
  • Maid for the Rock Star (Romance Island Resort, #1)
  • The Numbers Killer (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #1)
  • Nothing Stays In Vegas (Vegas, #1)
  • Pretty Little Girls (An Agent Victoria Heslin Thriller, #2)
  • The Unintended Fiance (Captured by Love, #4)
  • A Promise of Home (Lake Howling #1)
  • Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1)
  • Vom gleichen Blut (Ein Nik-Pohl-Thriller 2)
  • Loose Screw (Dusty Deals Mystery #1)
  • Love, Lies & High Heels (Love, Lies and More Lies #1)
  • Her Heart for the Asking (Texas Hearts, #1)
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police #1)
  • Love in a Small Town (Pine Harbour, #1)
  • Ryan's Return
  • A Place Called Home (The McInnes Triplets Book 1)
  • Kissing Jessie
  • Going for Kona (What Doesn't Kill You #4; Michele #1)
If you like your romantic suspense fast-paced and laced with humor, try award-winning author Jennifer Skully. Jennifer adores quirky characters. The whackier the better! And you’ll find a whole cast of them in each and every Jennifer Skully book. Of course, being in the same body with alter ego Jasmine Haynes, she doesn’t let you down on the hot, sexy love scenes either.

After a long hiatus,

Cottonmouth (4 books)
  • Fool's Gold (Cottonmouth, #2)
  • Can't Forget You (Cottonmouth, #3)
  • Untitled (Cottonmouth, #4)
“A door slammed next door. The serial killer looked up and over as a flurry of white fur pounded against the other side of the fence. “Don’t start with me, you little runt, or you’ll be next.” 0 likes
“The woman from across the street edged along the side porch with some silver-wrapped casserole thing clutched to her chest like a shield.” 0 likes