Start by marking “Wolves of the West” as Want to Read:
Wolves of the West

Wolves of the West

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  18 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Sometimes your life is defined by the things you have to keep hidden, whether it's being gay or what happens when the moon is full.
ebook
Published December 2nd 2011 by MLR Press, LLC (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wolves of the West, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolves of the West

Mackenzie
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It was somewhere between page 7 and 9 that I started giggling like a small child. Then I tweeted the author about this reaction. Her response was: "That's the effect I was hoping for. It's a very silly story!" It is a silly little story but then I threw myself at her feet (or, rather, Tweet) and begged for a sequel.

I imagine any Cochrane fan would do the same. First of all, Charlie Cochrane writing a contemporary M/M story about werewolves? Surely, this is reason enough for anyone to say, "This,
Jerry
Jan 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Charming 10 minute read. Charlie wrote a contemporary? Wait, it's a werewolf story too? You have to meet these wolves--they are like no other in the genre. Even though it's contemporary, the MCs were born over 100 years ago and their proper British upbringing is very much part of the early 20th century--not today's world. A polite werewolf with manners? As another reviewer wrote, the author intended this to be funny. Would love to see a continuation.Cheers!
Joshua
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm not usually too into the werewolf/vampire type stories, but I took a chance on this one because of the author. I wasn't disappointed. It is a very short story concerning some very well-behaved werewolves. I could see this as a launching point for a full novel at some point in the future.
Stevie Carroll
Dec 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Sold as a Ten Minute Read, this managed to pack in a lot of worldbuilding for such a short story, but also left a lot of tantalising threads hanging. I really wanted to know more about all the main characters and their interactions, and would definitely be all over a longer follow-up.
Sylvia
Leni
rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2011
Lada
rated it did not like it
Dec 10, 2011
is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2017
KR
Mar 24, 2017
Because Charlie Cochrane couldn't be trusted to do any of her jobs of choice—like managing a rugby team—she writes. Her mystery novels include the Edwardian era Cambridge Fellows series, series, and the contemporary Best Corpse for the Job. Multi-published, she has titles with Carina, Samhain, Riptide and Bold Strokes, among others.

A member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association, Mystery People a
More about Charlie Cochrane...