Start by marking “The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet: Smart, Simple, Science-Based Strategies for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off” as Want to Read:

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Based on Volumetrics, named the Most Effective Diet of 2011 by The Daily Beast, The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet by Dr. Barbara Rolls with Mindy Hermann offers smart, simple, science-based strategies for losing weight and keeping it off.  In this beautiful full-color combination diet plan and cookbook, the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Volumetrics provides new fi ...more
Published April 10th 2012 by William Morrow Cookbooks

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet

Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Volumetrics is the most sensible diet plan out there. Fill up your plate with non-starchy vegetables, add fiber-rich whole grains, beans, and fruit, cut your fats and added sugars and you can lose weight without starving. So much food and flexibility. Two of my research studies and many other weight loss studies use the principles of Volumetrics (worst diet name ever). So based on that alone, I should give the book five stars. But I’m removing a star because there is nothing new in this book. If ...more
Steve Kubick
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this for free from a class I took at Kaiser in L.A. (Slauson) that I want to follow through on...
Lita Acevedo
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Based on a 12 week change of eating plan, this book was only ok for me. I didn't have the patience to work through 12 weeks of minor changes before seeing any real results. The bottom line in this diet is to eat more foods that contain higher amounts of water while remaining low in calories. Also to eat more fruits and vegetables. I didn't need 400 pages to tell me that.
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad read and a good plan

This isn't a terribly original way to eat but how it is scientifically explained is new. Usually this type of eating plan is labeled with a fancy name that describes more about the limitations of the food list rather than what is suitable for healthy eating. The science of this plan is the selling point.
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good, basic diet/nutrition book. I like the idea of considering the calorie density of foods, as well as the volume in determining your food choices and how full you will be after eating. Sensible plan for life. Barbara Rolls includes lots of scientific study on food and eating, which is always interesting.
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Well written and easy to read. I read this because it was recommended by a friend although I am not sure why because I already eat a plant-based diet so most of it isn't news to me. I did find a couple of interesting recipes though.
Jul 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
This is Barbara Rolls latest (2012)on her volumetrics work. It looks absolutely fabulous! [smart, simple, scienced-based strategies for losing weight and keeping it off)
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good. Too remember to eat low calorie foods in volume is a very good idea. Enjoyed the book very much.
Vicki Willis
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, z-2015
Great recipes and good information. Love this book!
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Outstanding. Love that everything recommended is proven. Can't wait to see if it works for me.
Sep 01, 2016
Oct 29, 2017
rated it did not like it
May 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Core Balance Diet: 4 Weeks to Boost Your Metabolism and Lose Weight for Good
  • The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking: 80 Low-Carb Recipes that Offer Solutions for Celiac Disease, Diabetes, and Weight Loss
  • Your Best Body Now: Look and Feel Fabulous at Any Age the Eat-Clean Way
  • The Lean: A Revolutionary (and Simple!) 30-Day Plan for Healthy, Lasting Weight Loss
  • Ride Your Way Lean: The Ultimate Plan for Burning Fat and Getting Fit on a Bike
  • Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets
  • If I'm So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight?: Tools to Get It Done
  • The Everything Soup, Stew, and Chili Cookbook
  • Everyday Happy Herbivore: Over 175 Quick-and-Easy Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes
  • Mourad: New Moroccan
  • The Flexitarian Diet: The Mostly Vegetarian Way to Lose Weight, Be Healthier, Prevent Disease, and Add Years to Your Life
  • Gluten-Free on a Shoestring: 125 Easy Recipes for Eating Well on the Cheap
  • 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on Any Diet Plan
  • My Family Table: A Passionate Plea for Home Cooking
  • Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats & Drinks
  • Finished Being Fat: An Accidental Adventure in Losing Weight and Learning How to Finish
  • The Flexitarian Table: Inspired, Flexible Meals for Vegetarians, Meat Lovers, and Everyone in Between
  • Eat, Drink, and Weigh Less

$7.24 $1.99
  • Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World's Stolen Treasures
  • Decoded
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Man Called Intrepid: The Incredible True Story of the Master Spy Who Helped Win World War II
    $14.99 $1.99