Start by marking “Baby It's Cold Outside (Flirting for Fun)” as Want to Read:
Baby It's Cold Outside (Flirting for Fun)

Baby It's Cold Outside

(Flirting for Fun #1)

Jenna only intends to apologize to the man of her dreams for the great wrong she did to him five years ago. But when she shows up uninvited at the door of his Manhattan apartment, an unexpected blizzard is blowing up outside and she's dressed for a beach day in Florida. What can he do but invite her in?

Though he's never met Jenna before, Grant is immediately drawn to this
Published November 11th 2011 by Cupid Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Baby It's Cold Outside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby It's Cold Outside

Rebecca {Not reviewing at the moment}
'His hot eyes gazed down at her face and she took a second to marvel at her good fortune. She'd fantasized about this moment for five long years. He'd been a mirage, a dream, a symbol of the only treasure she ever wanted to find at the end of the rainbow.'

(view spoiler)
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

ARC provided by publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.

4 BLIZZARD STARS

Jenna Thompson feels the need to make up for her part, inadvertently though it was, for ending the marriage of Grant Mitchell and his wife five years ago. So when his sister hatches a plan for Jenna to show up at his place in Manhattan in order to get him back to Florida for his fathers seventy-fifth birthday celebration, Jenna hesitantly goes along.

Once she's in Grants apartment, during a early mid fall snow sto
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B006FD0LZK
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley
Rating: 4 Stars

I received a copy of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" from NetGalley and the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Description From The Publisher:

Jenna only intends to apologize to the man of her dreams for
Emsy Van Wyck
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-at-fff
With a snowed-in weekend, Carly Carson delivers a fun and sexy romance in Baby, It's Cold Outside.

I found Baby, It's Cold Outside by Carly Carson to be the perfect light read, with plenty of steamy and hot scenes to counteract the cold outside.

As the snow begins to fly and the temperature drops, reclusive bachelor Grant discovers a shivering beach bunny at his door. It could be his Christmas and birthday came early - or it could be trouble. As Jenna is a friend of his sister and has a little ul
Mariel Hoss
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
*ARC from NetGalley and Publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Jenna arrives at Grant’s doorstop in next to nothing while there is a blizzard raging outside. Her goal is to get Grant to reconcile with his family and “get some” with her secret crush (5 years!) in the process. I could not get invested in either of the main characters because I felt they were both a little shallow.

Who doesn’t talk to their family (for 5 years!) because they pointed out that the spouse was cheating? Like it wa
Nancy
Dec 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
**ARC provided by NetGalley via Carly Carson/Aspendawn Books for an honest review**

A quick hot, sexy read! It starts with a plot between two friends. Kate's bother Grant has not spoken to his family, since his sister informed him on his wife's cheating. With their father's birthday coming up, she comes up with a plan to send her friend, Jenna from Florida to New York to deliver a personal invitation to Grant. It did not take much for Jenna to agree, seeing she has had a crush on Grant for the la
Lea
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was a HOT little story! I really enjoyed it! Jenna and Grant have instant and scorching chemistry. It was fun watching her try to manipulate the situation and all the while he has an inkling of what’s going on and seems determined to give her enough rope to hang herself. This novella is well written and flows very smoothly. I enjoyed reading it and it only took me about an hour. The sex scenes were hot, the dialogue was funny and there was enough emotion to really engage me even though this ...more
Jennifer Lynne
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read this in short bursts over three days, but only because I had to wrestle my Kindle back from my partner who was reading something else! I'm glad I won the wrestle, as Carly Carson's, Baby, It's Cold Outside, was well worth the effort. I thoroughly enjoyed the developing relationship between Jenna and Grant. The idea of a forced weekend together in the midst of a blizzard is one that works well to bring these two very different characters together. Hot - dare I say snow-melting - sex and an ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, arc
**ARC provided by Aspendawn Books via NetGalley for an honest review**

This was a Read Now offered from NetGalley and it was ok. Kind of sexy, silly, strange little snowstorm story. If you are looking to just get away and read something short and sweet with some heat you will enjoy this. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t great either. I assume though, this book wasn’t written to evoke a lot of thought, just to let you have some quick fun and insta-love. Shorties are a tricky bunch that is for sure. I d
Janet
Nov 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carly Carson has given readers a tight, sexy, romance. It is difficult to make an emotional connection with characters in the novella format, but the author has balanced the character development aspects with the story. A forced weekend together in a blizzard sets the scene for a very enjoyable interlude between two fully faceted characters. The sizzle is there, the humor is there, and I was invested all the way through. i would read other books from Carly Carson.
*I received my copy from NetGall
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**ARC Provided by Netgalley and Aspendawn Books for an honest review**

I loved this book. Lots of flirtation, some guilt and some good dynamics between the two characters.

Jenna has emotions that flutter from lust, like, embarrassment and guilt, whilst Grant mainly focuses on lust and anger but the end shows his sweet side.

The book is well plotted and is a perfect holiday read to keep a smile on your face and a tingle else where. Certainly a book to get out year after year to give you a smile.
*Marsha,Marsha,Marsha* It's always Marsha
2.5-3Stars

Just a bit too contrived for me. I'm not a fan of instalove. This is a short novella, with some steam and hotness but for some reason I struggled to connect with the characters. I feel sometimes that authors "rush" the connection and don't prepare for enough buildup with the relationship. Jenna, while cute, could be a tad shallow and Grant just seemed to want the nookie! Overall, it's an okay book and a quick, easy read. Will I read it again? Nope. :(:(
Roz ~ My Written Romance
I read this in one sitting a few days ago.

This could be spoilery....

The premise of the story was entertaining, and the sexytimes were really hot. However, I couldn't quite get past how much the hero overreacted to his family revealing his wife's infidelity. OK, it may not have been alright at the time, but to ignore them for five years.... Dear God, they weren't the one screwing around on him.
CD Keith
This story was short but hot. I didn't quite get Grant's anger towards his family for the reasons he had. It was a little to much. I did enjoy Jenna's plan of seduction and I have to say she did it well. There wasn't much work on her part though because Grant wanted and took her many times he did.

Thank you Aspendawn Books and NetGalley for an ARC.
JG
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
A lighthearted romance thats both funny, erotic and sweet. A well written novella guaranteed to keep you steaming hot in cold weather.

*The ARC was provided by the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review*
Denise Koopman
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I like to read books by this author, Carly Carson, she is a wonderful writer. Though this story was short it was well written. Definitely will be reading more books of hers.
Anna