Start by marking “The Robert C. Martin Clean Code Collection (Collection)” as Want to Read:
The Robert C. Martin Clean Code Collection (Collection)

The Robert C. Martin Clean Code Collection (Collection)

The Robert C. Martin Clean Code Collection consists of two bestselling eBooks:
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftmanship The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers In Clean Code, legendary software expert Robert C. Martin has teamed up with his colleagues from Object Mentor to distill their best agile practice of cleaning code "on the fly" i
Published November 10th 2011 by Prentice Hall

To ask other readers questions about The Robert C. Martin Clean Code Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Robert C. Martin Clean Code Collection

Start your review of The Robert C. Martin Clean Code Collection (Collection)
Gunnar Lium
May 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Two great books, in one nice ebook. Both books are highly recommended for any developers who are serious about their craft. I would also recommend "The Clean Coder" for anyone working with developers, and who wants to understand more about how developers (should) think and behave.
An
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: programming
While the book occasionally brings up some good points, overall I felt it was full of things that have been rehashed to death in the programming community and that are largely opinion-based. I wanted to learn techniques and coding styles, not be told that it's a professional duty to have 100% test coverage, which is a highly controversial stance that isn't given any real backing in the book either!

The chapters on soft skills are probably the best and everyone should read those, just to make sure
Josh Peak
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grain of salt

There are some timeless truths in this book and I’d recommend it to all aspiring software developers as core reading. That said in an attempt to provide practical advice the specifics have not stood the test of time. So I recommend reading it. I also recommend reading it in a way that you think more about the take away message than the specific words on the page. I can see why it is a classic though.
Robert Laffey
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely a must to read for any programmer. While some ideas and methods might not be right for everyone, it does provide an insight to how we might better manage our time, code and professional output. At the very least you'll see how other pros take to the field, and at worst you'll learn you've been doing it wrong and how to fix your process and mentality
Santiago Fraire Willemoës
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every developer should read these books!
Mark Magagna
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very important books for coding.
Pedro
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Required reading!
Sergey Klimov
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This approach resonates with me well, so recommend everyone doing software development professionally.
Danny K
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's great. I'd recommend it to every programmer regardless of his experience. At first I was a bit skeptical about the Clean Coder, but after all I liked it even more than the Clean Code.
A
Aug 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very complete and thorough, this is definitely a pair of books I would recommend any IT worker (whether on the hands on or management level) to read as it provides not only practical usable insight but also organizational enlightenment.
Techit
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

Very clear explanation and concise.
In later chapters when the author tells stories about his working experience can be a bit boring but it's still really helpful.
Recommended for anyone who wants to take programming professionally.
Voda
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The best books I ever read! Verry easy to read! Have a lot of sarcasm!
Yuriy
Jan 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: developer
It's book have good ideas, but some ideas is bad.
Zhi Han
After hearing uncle Bob in a few podcasts, I decided to read his book. I confess that I am not that sold for JAVA. The case study in the book takes too much time to read.
Jed Caychingco
Sep 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master
  • Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
  • Oca/Ocp Java Se 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1z0-8oca/Ocp Java Se 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1z0-803 & 1z0-804) 03 & 1z0-804)
  • The Bible's Greatest Prophecies Unlocked! - A Voice Cries Out
  • What I Learned on the Ranch: And Other Stories from a West Texas Childhood
  • Implementing Domain-Driven Design
  • Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software
  • Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases Through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation
  • Don't Make Me Think, Revisited: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability
  • WiX 3.6: A Developer's Guide to Windows Installer XML
  • Eloquent JavaScript: A Modern Introduction to Programming
  • Pro Swift
  • REST in Practice: Hypermedia and Systems Architecture
  • Creative Selection: Inside Apple's Design Process During the Golden Age of Steve Jobs
  • Inside Apple
  • Remote: Office Not Required
  • CSS Mastery

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Robert Cecil Martin, commonly called Uncle Bob, is a software engineer, advocate of Agile development methods, and President of Object Mentor Inc. Martin and his team of software consultants use Object-Oriented Design, Patterns, UML, Agile Methodologies, and eXtreme Programming with worldwide clients.

He was Editor in Chief of the C++ Report from 1996 to 1999. He is a featured speaker at internatio

News & Interviews

“Every time you write a comment, you should grimace and feel the failure of your ability of expression.” 12 likes
“Duplication is the primary enemy of a well-designed system.” 2 likes