Start by marking “2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)

2nd Chance

(Women's Murder Club #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  89,136 ratings  ·  2,601 reviews
The Women's Murder Club returns for another thrilling crime investigation. Will their skills be enough to take down a brutal madman?

A brutal madman sprays bullets into a crowd of children leaving a San Francisco church. Miraculously-or was it intentionally?-only one person dies. Then an elderly black woman is hung. Police homicide inspector Lindsay Boxer senses a
Published May 20th 2005 by Grand Central Publishing (first published March 4th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about 2nd Chance, please sign up.
Jasmen Jackson Yes there is an audiobook version. That's how I read it. Try the app Overdrive. It's a library app.

·  89,136 ratings  ·  2,601 reviews

Start your review of 2nd Chance (Women's Murder Club, #2)
Marie
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Chapter 1
I drove up to the library in my black Miata. Walking in, I thought, "Hell, I deserve a book, I've had a rough couple of days." I searched the shelves looking for books on my list...nothing. I sighed. Oh but what did I see? A James Patterson, I couldn't wait to tell the girls. I grabbed it and went to check out. The clerk told me I owed a fine; I exhaled. I must have gotten distracted from returning books before - when I was on the job of my lifetime that catapulted me into the
Taueret
holy crap, these are HORRIBLE books. I can't stop reading them. It's like picking a scab. Someone help me!!
Phrynne
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another excellent book from James Patterson. I am really enjoying working my way through his many books! This one is the second in his Women's Murder Club series and it was fun, easy reading. I read most of this on a train trip and its short chapters, good story, and lots of action and intrigue made it ideal reading for this purpose. This is a fun series. I really enjoy the main characters even when I have to suspend belief over their actions and just enjoy the ride.
Miriam Smith
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"2nd Chance" by James Patterson is the second in the Women's Murder Club series. Having read and thoroughly enjoyed the first one (1st to Die) I had high expectations for this.
In the usual James Patterson style the story starts off with full on action and emotion and continues through the whole book at a fast pace, tension and twists abound with a final turn in the story I really hadn't thought of. Nice short chapters keep you reading 'just one more' until you realise you've nearly finished the
Rachel C.
Mar 24, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pop-fic-mystery
It looks like James Patterson has fobbed this series off on a "co-author." Disappointing.

The plot has almost exactly the same structure as "1st to Die," in the style of "We definitely have the killer! The case is airtight! Except... we don't have the killer and the case is full of holes."

Lt. Lindsay Boxer also suffers not one but TWO acute attacks of Lois Lane Syndrome and charges into dangerous situations with the sort of recklessness only a fictional character who obviously must survive to
Rob
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: serial-thrillers
Number 2 in The Womens Murder Club series.

First up, if you have enjoyed James Pattersons books in the past then youll enjoy this. This has James Pattersons stamped all over it, fast paced, short chapters with death a vital part of the plot. I see from the cover that it was written in conjunction with Andrew Gross but apart from a miniscule with Andrew Gross on the cover there is no other mention of him. So, I wonder what input Andrew Gross had on the writing of this book?

After twenty odd years
Jerry B
Jul 24, 2010 rated it liked it
"5" for entertaining plot, "1" for stereotyping the women...

The "Women's Murder Club" is back from Patterson's (solo) "1st to Die" -- three professional women friends of our leading lady, San Francisco Homicide Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer. Except for no sex, this book is a cross between "Sex and the City" and John Sandford's "... Prey" series about detectives against serial killers. But unlike the TV show, neither Patterson nor co-author Andrew Gross seem to have a clue about how women think, act,
Diana
Dec 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars
The Womens Murder Club is back. This time theyre after a racially motivated serial killer. Lindsay once again is proving to be at the top of her game as lead detective on the case. That is, of course, with the help and support of her close friends, Jill, Claire and Cindy.

Quick, suspenseful read that I didnt want to put down. Im so glad I finally started this series that has been on my list for so long. Looking forward to book 3!
 Li'l Owl
First, to be clear, I need to say that this review is being written for the *Audio Book format*.

This is a high paced very enjoyable book with lots of drama, suspense, and plot twists. Plus my favorite four women characters that make up this the Women's Murder Club series.
There were a couple of things regarding prison procedure, evidence and a forensic improbability that caught my attention, but they are few and far between and they are pretty insignificant. It didn't make the book any less
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another good read in the women's murder club series! It seems fun to read these in order, they are quick and engaging reads so far.

This one wasn't quite as good as the first - I think JP wrote #1 by himself and this was co-authored. Maybe that explains it.

The team is chasing a motivated serial killer - but is he racist or does he hate cops, or both? I enjoyed the chase but had some questions about the killer at the end, like how did he get so good at those shots? Maybe he had been military and I
Elle's Book Blog
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this one was really good. The killer was very unexpected.
Michelle
Feb 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Review to come.
Jacquelyn Simon
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is probably more of a 2.5/5 stars, but Im rounding up because my maiden name is Patterson. If somehow, Im distantly related to James, I want to stay in his good graces. 😉

So James, my dear and (most likely not) relative of mine, if you are reading this (which is a big fat nope), then stop reading here. Also youve missed out on 24 of my birthdays. 😉😅

Ok. Im going to try to make this review short.

Honestly, Im kind of disappointed. This book overwhelmed me with an intense feeling of meh. I
T.
Jul 15, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
More namedropping ensues (the pastor reads Dave Egger's A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius and the protagonist is still listening to Sarah McLachlan). This is like Sex and the City, only the four women discuss murders instead of men over drinks. Oh wait, they do talk about men, too!

The story arc is almost identical to how the first book went down: there goes murder one, two, three and counting, then we finally had a suspect and wow we're chasing him down, we're finally getting leads
Cary
Jun 30, 2010 rated it did not like it
I usually read James Patterson books as a guilty pleasure and quick read, interspersed between "good" reads. I tend to prefer the Alex Cross books, but I recently received the 3rd book in the Women's Murder Club series, and decided I should probably read the first two.

I'm kind of disappointed that I did, because I'm beginning to find these books tiresome and recycled, and even sort of irritating.

I really don't consider myself a book snob, and I can usually find some enjoyment in any book I
Obsidian
Erth
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once again James Patterson & Andrew Gross combine to engage the reader with another page turning thriller. Lt. Lindsey Boxer and her Women's Murder Club cohorts, Clare, Cindy and Jill are drawn together to solve a case involving a sharp shooter who's terrorizing the city. The twists & complications in this case are typical Patterson intrigue but with a fascinatingly surprise conclusion. Anyone who has enjoyed this series will find this as worthy as the previous installments.
Kay
May 21, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zread-in-2016
Helen
Aug 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I didn't like this book quite as much as the first in the series, mostly because the story seemed so similar. It was still fun with a quick pace and I like the characters. James Patterson can certainly write, I just didn't find this as good as the previous book.
Melodie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read the first in this series years ago. For whatever reason, I never continued with the rest of it. I've picked it up again looking for some lighter reading. This fills the bill.
The Women's Murder Club centers around a group of women in law enforcement. And this book centers around solving a series of murders with ties to events in the distant past. Vintage James Patterson, the chapters are very short and the action is non-stop. The friendships provide subplots that engage as easily as the
Candace
Jan 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: mystery lovers, readers who enjoy strong positive female characters
Recommended to Candace by: my mother
Calliss
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read this book once, but I still enjoyd it. The story is great, the characters likeable and the twist... will def surprising, even though I needed a little "something".

We once again follow the Women's Murder Club, as they try to find the person behind some gruesome murders on black people (the books words not mine). Are the murders race related or is there something else behind it?

Read the book to find out :D (I will start with the 1st book in the series, as you get to know the
Ivy
5 stars

Another very good book. Really enjoying this series. RIP Chief Mercer. Cool that Lindsay Boxer became a Lieutenant. Nice to see the Women's Murder Club again. Glad we got to see Marty Boxer for a little bit. Case was weird and somewhat scary. Poor people who died. Hope Cindy and Aaron Winslow will stay together for a long time.

Can't wait to read 3rd Degree!!!!
Kellee
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is only my 2nd book by Patterson, but I am now a huge fan. I usually don't LOL when reading books. It takes a lot for me to get to that point, but I did towards the end. Not to mention, I just couldn't put it down. I think Patterson knows what he is doing by having such short chapters. It makes it so much easier to continue reading the book.
Tala  Lolias
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yep I really do love this series.
Rob
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marleen
15 years ago I read this book for the first time. I didn't write reviews then. I do now. I remember giving this book a high rating. Now, so many years later, I still think it's a better story than book 1. The motivation behind the killing spree is more rooted in a credible vendetta; and it's more than just a random psycho-killer on the loose. When one of the victims is the African-American chief of police, Earl Mercer, the homicide team become more certain that the killings are related to the ...more
Michael Adamchuk
The Women's Murder Club are after someone they have named the Chimera. He first shoots at children exiting a church. The Club links this shooting to a murder. Boxer's dad, Marty, an ex cop, gets involved. The link goes to an ex-cop, just released from prison for strangling a black kid. he's now out for revenge. They have to catch him before he kills again.
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Aaron
Aug 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Lindsay, Cindy, Claire, and Jill are back for the second outing as the Women's Murder Club, and this time the murderer is going to hit them right at home.

Lindsay has recovered from the shock of losing her love at the end of the previous book and finds herself in a new role. She is now the Lieutenant in charge of Homicide, thanks to the prestige of bringing an end to the bride and groom murderer. Her next nemesis might even be considered even more evil.

His work starts on the grounds of a local

• A Man Born For Battle: The Jack Reacher Cases
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the worlds bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Womens Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books

Women's Murder Club (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • 1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, #1)
  • 3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club, #3)
  • 4th of July (Women's Murder Club, #4)
  • The 5th Horseman (Women's Murder Club, #5)
  • The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6)
  • 7th Heaven (Women's Murder Club, #7)
  • The 8th Confession (Women's Murder Club, #8)
  • The 9th Judgment  (Women's Murder Club, #9)
  • 10th Anniversary (Women's Murder Club, #10)
  • 11th Hour (Women's Murder Club, #11)