Start by marking “The Americans (Apex Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Americans (Apex Trilogy, #2)

The Americans (Apex Trilogy #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  235 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Hundreds of years after the United States is turned into a radioactive, zombie infested wasteland, the descendants of peacekeeping troops stranded abroad are now the world’s marshals, keeping law and order in a futuristic landscape of high-tech feudalism and raw, bioorganic metal.

They are known simply as: The Americans.

The exciting sidequel to DEAD MECH takes you on a hell
Kindle Edition
Published (first published October 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Americans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Americans

Veronica
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombies, series-good
Book 2 of the Apex trilogy by Jake Bible, while set in the same timeframe, introduces an entire new set of characters. Book 1 was set in America after the fallout of several nuclear strikes to rid the continent of the zombies. Book 2 takes place in Europe and Americans no longer have a home. They are visitors in every foreign land but must set up new places to live amongst those that would rather not have them there at all. Battling the zombies and the wars that followed after left everyone more ...more
BigJohn
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-books
The second produced story in the Apex Trilogy, The Americans is a "sidequel" to Book One, Dead Mech. The stories take place simultaneously, and it doesn't really matter which one you read first. Fans of Dead Mech will revel in the imaginative future technology, genetic manipulation, a melting pot filled with monster bouillabaisse, political infighting and some of the most refreshingly creative concepts. Jake Bible takes the Apex Trilogy to an entirely new level, and you will not be disappointed ...more
Pauline Ennis
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, excellent strong female characters, just as important to the story as the males(thank you Mr Bible!!! that's a breath of fresh air, and is why this author is in my top three. it was a frenetic, exciting story line and i am sad to leave these characters behind.

I read this in one 4 hour plane journey, couldn't put it down.
Beth
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very different book from "Dead Mech," but you still have the great characters, non-stop action, and imaginative technologies. I finished it in 2 days (work interrupted me!) And immediately downloaded the final book in the trilogy.
David P. Duffy
Inane & Fantastical Supercharged Zombie Fad Novel

"The Americans (Apex Trilogy Book 2)," is another inane, though decently written, supercharged zombie fad novel authored by Mr. Jake Bible. It is an adjunct in his "Apex Trilogy," which continues to break all credulity, moving from simple farcical zombie, to fantasy on all levels.

A disclaimer is in order: I am not a fan nor follower of the whole zombie craze. It's too outlandish in its core premise of the "undead" can be reanimated and surviv
Heather Faville
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Man, am I behind in the times. I read DEAD MECH back in March of 2011 and loved every second of it. But, work, life and a crap ton of review requests kept me from reading it's "sidequel", The Americans, until now. Yes, that read sidequel...meaning it takes place at the same time as DEAD MECH , but with different characters and in a different location.

The Americans continues with the author's tradition of colorful language, fun and engaging dialogue and action....lots and lots of action. The char
Kay
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book, I have read Jake Bibles other Apex Trilogy book - Dead Mech - and thoroughly enjoyed it, and have been waiting for the next part of the trilogy. This book did not disappoint!

I downloaded the sample (as I always do with books nowadays, even when I know I am going to buy them!) and after the first couple of pages I was absolutely hooked, immediately bought the book (I tend to use samples as a gauge to whether I *need* to read the book *OMGRIGHTNOW* or it can go in my to read pile).
Bex Ciantelli
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
My first reaction to this book as a companion to Dead Mech was that it felt off. Something about it made me question why I was reading it at times, and then sudden drop into an action scene. Not to mention, you hear about a mech once in the whole book... I felt a little gyped.
Personally I find that an author punches holes in their story, adds extra that doesnt initially seem right from the side of another novel, and then forces them together, they're grasping and not living up to their potential
Amy Gregory
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another side of an AMAZING story

The world isn't dead. This story takes place in Europe during the same time frame as Dead Mech, so this isn't a sequel, more of another plot line to a bigger story. We meet more interesting characters with new super human abilities stemming from technological advances over hundreds of years. These are the last remaining Americans left in the world and they are on a mission to return home to North America. This great on up encounters many dangers along the way and
Lisa
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the other two in the trilogy. I liked the new characters well enough, but the over-reliance on "BC" was really tiring. I get it; it's a very cool concept. But jeez. It just seemed extremely convenient to me. Bible did a fairly admirable job convincing me that they were still in danger, despite basically *everyone* being a freaking superhero, but it just got old. Also, the entire time I was wondering about the people in Dead Mech. I get the side-sequel concept, ...more
Tobias Wolter
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
Don't bother. The writing is pretty subpar.

The story's premise, in general, is okayish, but starting at a third of the way in, the writing quality just dissolves, leaving behind a couple of not well thought out ideas and an adolescent's idea of an Awesome Story[tm] that grates on you if you've got enough of a brain to sneer.

If you're into it, you could have a lot of fun comparing list of writing fallacies and the less than good tropes from TVTropes and have a blast. As it is, I've just pulled th
Steven H Bullock
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started confusing -- Ended with a bang

If I had perhaps a better understanding of rather beginning situation the first half of the book would have been much better . Having to figure out what was going on was like changing a tire on a moving vehicle. Great story and sequel to the series intro. Only a four because of the start.
Jay Meunier
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jake Bible has written an epic series of books. I lost count of how many stories this one makes in the same timeline/universe. Entertaining, fun reads, all of them!
Tobias Queen
Mar 16, 2018
Derrick
May 13, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Reporter (Galactic Football League, #3.5)
  • Year One (Living with the Dead #1-2)
  • Last Stand of the Dead (White Flag of the Dead, #6)
  • Last Rites (Dying to Live, #3)
  • World War Z: The Lost Files: A Companion to the Abridged Edition
  • Left with the Dead (The Gathering Dead, #1.5)
  • Unkillable
  • This Is Life (Jack Palms Crime #2)
  • Flotilla of the Dead  (Sovereign Spirit Saga, #2)
Jake Bible, Bram Stoker Award nominated-novelist, short story writer, independent screenwriter, podcaster, and inventor of the Drabble Novel, has entertained thousands with his horror, sci/fi, thriller, and adventure tales. He reaches audiences of all ages with his uncanny ability to write a wide range of characters and genres.

Jake is the author of the bestselling Z-Burbia series set in Asheville,
More about Jake Bible

Apex Trilogy (3 books)
  • Dead Mech (Apex Trilogy, #1)
  • Metal and Ash (Apex Trilogy, #3)