Start by marking “Night Widow” as Want to Read:
Night Widow

Night Widow

(Night Series)

Obsession. Voyeurism. Murder. . .

Piper Lundberg packed up her clothes, mementos, and her skills at putting pieces where they belonged. The skills of a Hollywood film editor were all she had in her basket now. She was slashing her husband's strings of control and starting with a clean slate.

Perched in her temporary home in the Hollywood Hills, Piper enjoyed not only the e
Published October 26th 2011 by SUDALU

To ask other readers questions about Night Widow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Widow

Start your review of Night Widow
Cindy
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Generous rating, lotsa LGBA, otherwise a good plot and twists.
Elisa
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, action, suspence
4,5 stars
Entertaining, engaging and well written!
I really liked this book. It has enough suspence elements to keep me glued to the pages and not too many to make me forget what point I'm at everytime I have to put the book down, enough depth of characters not to make me roll my eyes and a decent fast paced plot.
It may not be overly realistic, but I liked the mystery and the main characters enough to enjoy the read till the end. As another reviewer said, the only character I found a bit lackluste
Jane Blanchard
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read Night Widow by Carol Davis Luce as part of the Deadly Dozen: 12 Mysteries/Thrillers set. I really enjoyed this story from the first chapter on. It is full of twists and unexpected turns, and the ending is absolutely brilliant.

The main character, Piper Lundberg, moves next door to Sybil Squire, “the platinum blonde…forever ingrained in our hearts for the femme fatale role in the 1950 Oscar win, The Shady Lady.” Piper has just broken up with Gordon and is house sitting for film producer fri
Rhonda
Oct 06, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: archived
The plot was decent, not original, but interesting enough to see it through to the end.

I had problems with the characters. They were hollow and incomplete. I especially did not see the need for Lee, the transsexual ex-husband turned best friend. Lee did not add credibility to the story. I felt the existence of this character actually undermined believability and the story would have been better without Lee. Some of the dialogue seemed forced. There was not a character in the story I could identi
Donna
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Night Widow is one of the most intriguing thrillers I've read this year. It deals with old Hollywood and a famous elderly legend with many twists and turns. If you like anything to do with Hollywood, you'll love this.
Ms. Luce is a very descriptive writer. Making each of her characters come alive. This is so full of suspense, I'll guarantee you won't want to put it down. I love it from beginning to end, and never once felt like I had already read it somewhere else.
This was the first book I've rea
Carol
Apr 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Piper Lundberg, a film editor becomes involved in an very
intriguing mystery. Piper is staying in a friend’s guest
house which is located neighboring the estate of a
forgotten film star, known as the platinum widow. Things
do not seem as they appear. Something is not right and
Piper is out to help prove that the widow needs help.
This is putting Piper in danger!!
This is a entertaining quick read with quirky characters,
a good mystery and a hint of romance.
I received a complimentary ebook of this book
Brenda
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The rare five star rating, this year I set out to only give the very very best that rating, and this book deserves it. It slowly built up, almost got to the point of me quitting and I never got there, every thing kept building and building, making it impossible to stop, I had several theories about how it would end, I nailed a few and was off on some, but that is fine. This had a noir feel to it, in more ways than one, but pulled off perfectly
Louise Pledge
May 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time I have read Carol Davis Luce, but now I'm eager to read some of her other pieces. I'd have to leave the book to do other things and was so very eager to get back to it. I enjoyed watching the various (and often unexpected) clues show up! Another pleasant plus was the fact that it was a clean book, very little language and no pages to skip because of graphic sex scenes!
Lisa
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
I can not quite put my finger on what is missing from this book,it has a smooth flow to the storyline,the characters are likable,the descriptive detail well written,I feel that this book lacks emotion within,I like a book to make me feel or debate oneself,this just did not do it for me,maybe it will appeal to other readers,I have given it two stars because it is not an awful book,just lacking.
Reena
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, indiebrag
When I started the book, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Until midway, it was a bit slow and awkward in some places and the main character, Piper also seemed a bit flaky. However, the story picked up and in the end, it was a very intriguing mystery. I liked it.
Simone Pond
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a suspense novel in a while. This was a fun and easy read. I liked the main character and the setting of Hollywood. There were some throw backs to the film noir and old Hollywood days, which I loved.
Terry
Apr 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Hardly even worth reviewing. I read it only because I need something to read every night in order to fall asleep. A typical e-book; written quickly (I think) and without any depth or drama or even real skill.
Robbie
First book I've read by Carol Davis Luce. I'm glad I have several others because I really enjoyed this one. Great character development and plenty of suspense and action. Looking forward to the next Luce book.
Cliff Townsend
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Caught between 3 and 4 stars.
Sandra
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good Mystery....
Hope R
May 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Film noir becomes novel noir. You'll never guess the end until it's given to you
Gyung-Min
Apr 03, 2014 marked it as to-read
Deadly Dozen: 12 Mysteries/Thrillers
Cora Roberts
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Killer ending.

Wow what a page turner. Couldn't wait to finish. Surprise to get a good book using my primetime. Must find another!!!

Alonna Shaw
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining mix of current LA life and old Hollywood. Enjoyed her characters and story very much. Fun read!
Lupe
Apr 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very nice descriptions of Hollywood area. The twists and turns were fun. I would recommend to any mystery reader.
Joanne Smith
Sep 08, 2012
Ken Kutzler
Sep 23, 2014
Frank Miller
rated it did not like it
May 26, 2015
Mar 19, 2014
Bob
Jul 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Winter's Origin (Winter Black #0.5)
  • The Corn Maiden and Other Nightmares
  • Seven, Eight... Gonna Stay Up Late (Rebekka Franck #4)
  • One, Two ... He Is Coming For You (Rebekka Franck, #1)
  • Hope to Die (Alex Cross, #22)
  • One Wish (Thunder Point, #7)
  • The Beach House
  • All Dressed in White (Under Suspicion, #3)
  • Three, Four... Better Lock Your Door (Rebekka Franck #2)
  • The Yuletide Bride (The 12 Brides of Christmas #5)
  • Gracie's Secret
  • Miss Polly had a Dolly (Emma Frost #2)
  • The Memory Box (Comfort Crossing #2)
  • Ashes, Ashes, They All Fall Dead (Deadly Games, #3)
  • Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again (Rebekka Franck, #5)
  • Five, Six ... Grab Your Crucifix (Rebekka Franck, #3)
  • Winter's Secret (Winter Black #6)
  • Sweet Tea B&B
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author of the "Night" books, NightWriter Carol Davis Luce writes standalone suspense novels with elements of romance. After publishing five books through a traditional publisher, she turned independent author with her 2011 suspense novel, Night Widow, and two short story trilogies.

Carol is one of The Twelve. Read all about this group of bestselling authors.

Night Series (7 books)