Start by marking “Savanna's Gift” as Want to Read:
Savanna's Gift

Savanna's Gift

Savanna’s Gift, by Camille Eide, is an inspirational Christmas romance about lost love, second chances and recognizing God’s gifts to us, set in an elegantly adorned, rustic ski lodge in the beautiful evergreen Oregon Cascades.

Forced to return to the ski lodge where she once worked, Savanna Holt is reminded of one special Christmas and how ambition led her to make the wor
Published December 3rd 2011 by White Rose Publishing (first published November 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Savanna's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savanna's Gift

Start your review of Savanna's Gift
Hannah
So sweet! I loved it. I was trying to wait until next week to start any Christmas reads, but I bought the ebook today and made the mistake of glancing at the first page. This little tale of delayed love perfectly captures the Christmas spirit and the whole spirit of giving. Highly recommended! Especially if you enjoy Beth Vogt and Melissa Tagg's short stories...
Beth
Savanna's Gift is such a heartfelt gem of a story! Since reading one of the author's full-length novels, I've been eager to read more, and this sweet Christmas tale was a delightful way to relax after a long day. The characters are endearing and have a realistic history that allows the story to progress naturally and not rushed as some novellas and short stories tend to be. The setting is a lovely, cozy ski lodge, where guests are snowed in for several days, and everything just feels altogether ...more
Jane
4.50 stars - pg13

a) - Perfect Christmas setting (vividly described by the author). A snowbound, ski resort lodge in the Oregon mountains. Festive twinkly lights. The fragrance of fresh cut evergreen, wood smoke and Christmas spices. Hot cocoa, cider and gingerbread. Crackling, popping flames of a roaring fire in a massive stone fireplace. --- (sigh) Please? Can I go there?? Now?? Can I live there?? Pretty please?

b) - Where do I find a Hero with calm green eyes and a warm, amused smile?? Who pra
Lisa Houston
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The description pulled me in. Christmas read set in a Snow Ski Lodge. Sounded idylic. And thats exactly what it was. Savanna is dropping her friends wee one of t o grandparents. She spend the night in her ex's ski lodge, then gets snowed in. it was a wonderful story. Very heart warming. With lovely christian meaning in there. Will it be a happy ending for Savanna stuck in a ski lodge with the ex or will it be christmas from hell. I loved it and would recommend it.
Angie Thompson
Probably my favorite thing about this story was Luke and Savanna's honesty with each other, even when it was painful. Also, I appreciated the fact that Savanna regretted and recognized her error in having broken Luke's heart years before. I enjoyed seeing all the circumstances (and God-moments) that brought them back together, like the conversation with the Freedmans, who'd never heard Savanna's story. And little Mylie was just adorable. <3

The only thing that knocks my rating down a little is th
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet story. The romance was a little shallow, but not so shallow that I hated it. I liked how both characters saw God's redemption in their lives, but that theme wasn't overplayed. The characters were endearing.
Faith
Well, gracious, that was cute. In a charmingly-written tale that reminded me of a Hallmark movie, this novella was sweet, touching, and heartfelt—all in under 100 pages.

Luke, Savanna, Mylie, and the Freemans were all such fun characters, each realistically done. And the medical details and loads of sarcasm weren't bad additions... *wink* A precious second-chance love story!

Five ski slopes out of five!
Michelle
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally enjoy Christmas-themed stories because some tend to be a bit sappy. I don't get warm fuzzies from sentimental stories either. This story wasn't sappy at all, and it truly warmed my heart. For a shorter novel, I was impressed with how much depth the story had. I read it quickly, but not because I skimmed through content. There was too much good stuff to savor and digest. I loved the conflict between the characters and the fact that the author laid a good foundation for the story. ...more
A.
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This story of second chance romance is so sweet and full of heart. After hearing the engagement story of the grandparents Savanna knows in her heart that she must tell Luke everything from her past in order to find forgiveness. There is a lot of hurt between them and they each say a few unkind words but then know and seek the truth. It is really sweet how everything works out and Savanna get stuck at the resort for a few days because of the snow. The ending is prefect and warms up your heart.
Paula  Phillips
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It's interesting the effects relationships can have on people , as when one wants a career and wants to keep on moving to the top whereas the other one is comfortable and wants to cruise along , one cares about status the other happiness . Reading this book to me brought up a few personal experiences as I have always been a bit like Savanna for my own reasons and I see my guy friend like Luke. I have always been a sucker for romance stories and true love , love that no matter what happens never ...more
Donna
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is THE PERFECT Christmas story! A lot of heartache, a little angst, lots of love and forgiveness.
From the scents of Christmas in the lobby, to the decorations in the lounge – she describes this Christmas wonderland so well, from holiday treats to a warm, glowing fire – you’ll feel like you’re there.

Out of the kindness of her heart, Savanna does her friend a favor, exposing herself to facing some heartbreaking memories. Only it’s not just memories. She comes face to face with her past. Tensi
Donna Winters
Dec 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Christmas romance novella balanced love, mistakes, Christmas, tension, and pacing flawlessly. The first paragraphs hook you in and the remaining story keeps you hitting the page-turning button until the happily-ever-after ending. This writer is gifted! I won my copy in a blog tour with no obligation to review. The words in this review are my honest opinion. I endorse the story heartily!
Alea
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful Christmas tale

The story of Savanna and Luke is filled with love and crushing heart break but Camille Eide weaves a touching story of God's redeeming love and attention to the details and deepest desires of his children's hearts. A perfect winter time read.
Jessica Nelson
Dec 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. There was a great wit to the heroine's thoughts that made me smile despite the sadness of the situaton. Luckily, things work out just fine. ;-) Very romantic and well-writtten.
Carla Stewart
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Camille Eide’s fiction debut, Savanna’s Gift is an enchanted tale of lost love and second chances. With endearing characters and the smell of cinnamon-scented pinecones in the air, I was swept away in this heart-warming story. Lovely anytime. Perfect for Christmas.
Erin
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, festive read! I read it under the Christmas tree and was instantly in the Christmas mood. A fun, romantic story paired with poetic descriptions and a homey setting team up to make this a fun Christmas read!
Ann
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella and its Christmas theme. This author certainly has the gift of pulling you into her character's lives, and it was a delightful read and beautiful story of how God does give us second chances and the desires of our heart when we put our trust in Him.
LoRee Peery
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love reunion stories. Luke and Savanna's message of Christmas did not disappoint.
Sue Walsh
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A great captivating story!! A must read!!
Emily Reynolds
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for Christmas--or any time of year you want a little holiday romance! Fun story that takes place over the course of a weekend when the main characters both find themselves stranded at a winter lodge, forcing them to reconnect and confront their past.
Ollie
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was an easy, fun read. If you ever feel like sitting down for a couple hours and reading a good romance book this one is perfect.
Jill
Valerie Cavallaro
Dec 26, 2016
Elizabeth
Dec 03, 2016

• Freedom in the Mountain Wind (Call of the Rockies, #1)
  • Hope in the Mountain River (Call of the Rockies, #2)
  • Valley of Dreams (Longing for Home, #5)
  • The Lost Lieutenant (Serendipity & Secrets #1)
  • At Love's Command (Hanger's Horsemen, #1)
  • On Eagles' Wings (Wyldhaven #2)
  • The Solid Grounds Coffee Company (The Saturday Night Supper Club, #3)
  • Not a Sparrow Falls (Wyldhaven #1)
  • Goodnight Moon
  • The Lost Letter
  • Beautiful Music (Sal's Place, #2)
  • Penny's Yuletide Wish  (Branches of Love #7)
  • All Hearts Come Home for Christmas
  • The Doctor's Daughter (Christmas Holiday Extravaganza)
  • Tomorrow's First Light (Texas Promise #1)
  • Out of the Easy
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads, #3)
Camille writes poignant stories full of love, grace, and redemption. Some call her stories "more than a romance." Her novels include The Memoir of Johnny Devine, which was awarded Romantic Times' Best Inspirational Romance, Seal of Excellence, and Oregon Christian Writers' Historical Fiction award.