Start by marking “The Lodge of the Lynx (Adept, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lodge of the Lynx (Adept, #2)

The Lodge of the Lynx

(Adept #2)

Knight . . . Warrior . . . Doctor . . . Detective . . . Master of the Hunt!

He is eternal, but so are his foes. Through countless lives and eras, The Adept has fought the powers of Darkness. Now, as psychiatrist Adam Sinclair, he leads his loyal Hunstmen against supernatural evil in all all its myriad forms.

But the Darkness is striking back—in the guise of an unholy cult lo
Published November 14th 2011 by Britton & Knowles--Event Horizon EBooks (first published June 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Lodge of the Lynx, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lodge of the Lynx

Carly
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
More of the same. This is basically the same thing as watching a BBC show with people that would be otherwise insufferable.
Ronald D. .LEE
Excellent read; and in the future I will read it again. Ronald D. Lee
Liz
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I own the series, so am re-reading to determine whether to keep or not (probably not at this point) but am in a way fascinated to see how many tropes or cliches are added to the stories... Basically standard fantasy revolving around the mythology of the Templars, with Druids, magic, angels and much more thrown in.
Fefi
E continuano le avventure esoteriche di Pendergast....
Robin
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series!!
Josh
Dec 07, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Upon a re-read, I'm kicking it down a star. (again, I'd like to half half-star capacity here! C'mon, Goodreads!)

These are fast reads, fun adventures that don't go terribly far into the psyche of the lead characters, for whom there aren't a lot of moral conflicts. These books deal much more in black & white than any shades of gray which is one of the things that keep them in the "fast and fairly light" category. The leads (Sinclair, McLeod, and Lovat) are capital "H" heroes, good guys to the
Gwen
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, scotland
Slightly better than the first book in the series. Still want to shit in Sir Adam's boot.

Good: Actual female characters. (I was really disappointed that there were zero notable female characters in the first one, especially as it's written by two women.) The plot of this one didn't shatter my suspension of disbelief as much as the first one did. And it's always fun to read books set in Scotland while I'm actually living here and know exactly where they're talking about when they talk about the E
Lianne Burwell
Having recently reread the first book in the Adept series, I immediately got the itch to reread the other books, so I pulled them out of the boxes they had migrated into (including the two hardcovers), and set them aside. I like reading in the bathtub, so if I am reading large books or ebooks, I used the second book in the series for the tub.

It's shortly after the machinations of the Lodge of the Lynx failed in their attempt to capture Michael Scott's spellbook, leaving his current incarnation,
Ed Mortensen
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Masonic ties. A good adventure.
Nancy Oakes
Feb 12, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Adam Sinclair, Master of the Hunt, is back in a second adventure. Picking up immediately after the 1st installment in the series (The Adept), our friends are put on notice of the deeds of the dark side (The Lodge of the Lynx -- a very powerful enemy who have something not very pleasant in store for the world) when out of nowhere, a part of Balmoral Castle is blown up. The good guys, led by Sinclair, must try to stop whatever evil plans they have and round up as many allies as possible.

There are
Vivienne
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tales of hunting lodges were all the vogue in the UK occult community during the 1980s and here Kurtz and Harris spin a credible tale of Sir Adam and his friends.

Again, this is a novel I read some years ago and so have had to made an educated guess as to when. I enjoyed all of the series that I read and would certainly recommend it to those interested in the subject. Kurtz is well versed in the history of the esoteric in the UK during the period and so writes with authority.
Maggie
Nov 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second in the series and I am enjoying it. The intrigue and human story is fun to read and very enjoyable. I don't know why but I find these types of books are interesting in that they are all about the good vs. evil and yet they will go ahead and describe what the man was wearing at the time!! (My own little aside.)
Veronica
I really want to like these! But, I find reading this one was like trudging the trough mud. The authors go on for days about details that add nothing to the story, but make them sound up tight & "putting on airs." I have the 3rd one, but I don't know if I care about the final outcome. The authors haven't done anything to make me care about any of the characters!
Julia
Jan 26, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sf-fantasy
Continuing my reread of the Adept series. This one deals with some of the fallout of the previous book and introduces us to Adam's love interest. I wish we saw more of Ximena throughout the series. Also continues Kurtz's fascination with Hitler and the occcult.
Mark Whalley
Good character development - especially Peregrine. A bit annoying with all the produce placement references .. always referring to the brand of the car. Not sure the ending held totally together but still a good read. As with the first - good enough to make we want to read the next in the series.
Katharine Ott
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
"The Lodge of the Lynx" - written by Katherine Kurtz and published in 1992 by Ace. As enjoyable as the first in the series, with a stronger religious focus.
Thomas Knowles
Feb 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second in this series released in e-book reprint by Event Horizon EBooks
Devi
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read, but I enjoyed the first one more.
Cheryl
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed a chance to reread this book and reacquaint myself with the characters and some of my favorite scenes from the series.
Betsy
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was slow going. This book was pretty draggy. I'll try the next one, but maybe this is the reason I don't remember finishing the series when I started it long ago.
Kathryne
This is the second of a series about Templars
Andy Stowers
Oct 19, 2013
Mark
Dec 03, 2012
  • Ars Magica
  • Cloudbearer's Shadow (Sword in Exile, #1)
  • The Goat-Foot God
  • Bride of the Rat God
  • Thorn (Dracula Series, #4)
  • Jinx High (Diana Tregarde, #3)
  • The Inheritor (Occult Tales, #2)
  • 100 Great Fantasy Short Short Stories
  • The Wind from Hastings
  • Exiles of the Rynth (Irissa and Kendric #2)
  • Legacy of the Sword (Chronicles of the Cheysuli #3)
  • People of the Raven (North America's Forgotten Past, #12)
  • The Cardinal's Blades (The Cardinal's Blades #1)
  • The Throne of Scone (The Tales of Aeron, #2)
  • PSI Spies: The True Story of America's Psychic Warfare Program
  • Elfquest Archives, Vol. 2
  • Bedlam Boyz (Bedlam's Bard, #3)
Katherine Kurtz is an American fantasy novel writer. She is best known for her Deryni series. She currently lives in Virginia.

Adept (5 books)
  • The Adept  (Adept #1)
  • The Templar Treasure (Adept #3)
  • Dagger Magic (Adept #4)
  • Death of an Adept (Adept, #5)