Start by marking “Beneath a Rising Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beneath a Rising Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, #1)

Beneath a Rising Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  2,649 Ratings  ·  178 Reviews
Keri Arthur, the New York Times bestselling author of the Riley Jenson Guardian series, takes readers to the werewolf reservation of Ripple Creek—where moon fever runs high and a savage murderer runs rampant.

There’s no turning back for Neva Grant. To find a killer, she must seduce the boldest male in the Sinclair pack. Her twin sister lies in a hospital bed, fighting fo
Published (first published June 5th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Beneath a Rising Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath a Rising Moon

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
This was one the first books I'd read in this genre and even though I am aware of any and all flaws it might have, it kept its magic. At least, as far as I'm concerned. I am biased, though, so take it with a grain of salt.

***
Most readers have one or a couple of books one of their favourite authors has written that they know are weaker than the author's later books or series and they still love them.

Ripple Creek Werewolf has only two books and I love them both. You can see the beginnings of Rile
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Neva is desperate to help her twin sister out. So desperate, she braves the "lion's den". Or should we say, the "werewolf's" den. Neva is one of the daughters of the leader for the prude old school werewolves. The Golden clan doesn't believe in the "dance". The dance is a filthy meaningless hook up for sex. The Sinclair clan practices this in excesses. Duncan is one of the Sinclair Alpha's son.

Neva the good girl hooks up with Duncan because she wants to use him to help find out who tried to kil
Aarann
I had a lot of fun with this one and I have to say I definitely enjoyed it more than the second book (which I didn't dislike, but was just sort of "meh" for me).

After her sister, Savannah, is attacked by a werewolf (in case the word "Moon" in the title didn't alert you, this is a werewolf book), Neva decides to go undercover in the mansion owned by the family of prime suspects so that she can investigate. She makes a "moon promise" to one of the sons of the family, the only one not under suspici
Andrea
Well, I tried Keri Arthur, and now I know she’s not for me. I’m sorry, but the writing was just so bad! It felt like this was churned out in a week’s time. And apparently no one edited it. There were phrases repeated word for word in multiple places (which always really annoys me); there were strange inconsistencies, like people suddenly knowing things they had specifically been kept in the dark about in previous scenes. And then the worst example: the main couple sees a Suspicious Person throw ...more
Bea  Charmed
If you’ve read Full Moon Rising or any of the Riley Jenson series, you’ll see some similarities between the werewolves in that series and this book: the wolves are out to the humans, the relationship between humans and werewolves is bumpy and the wolves are heavily regulated, the wolves have soul mates and moon dances. But, as Arthur makes sure to point out in a note at the beginning of the book, this book is set in a different world than the Riley books. It was in fact written and released, by ...more
Melliane
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mon avis en Français

My English review

And if I tell you that I was sure that Keri Arthur had only written two series? I do know the Riley Jensen one as I’ve almost finished it and I’m also curious to start the other series in this same universe. When I discovered that the author had written another series about werewolves, and when I saw this gorgeous cover, I knew I needed to read it.

Neva's twin sister, Savannah was attaqued and since this event she is at the hospital, struggling to survive. Nev
Kristen
Aug 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
THEME: Werewolves
RECEIVED: Bought
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
I’ve been such a big fan of Keri Arthur ever since I finished the Riley Jenson series; I was happy to hear about the re-release of Beneath a Rising Moon and picked it up immediately. The lead female character has the toughness of Riley but other than that I liked the differences in the leads and of course the romance.

Beneath a Rising Moon follows Neva Grant, who has made a tough decision, inf
Shauni
Aug 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beneath a Rising Moon was my first Keri Arthur book and I found myself enchanted. At first I did not want to use enchanted as to me it implies a bit more of a mystical image than I want. This book has an earthier, darker feel to it and yet.. I was drawn in and found myself falling for the characters of Ripple Creek.

Neva Grant is the twin sister of the Ranger Savannah, the lead investigator in a series of killings in Ripple Creek. When Savannah herself is attacked, Neva takes things into her own
HJ
Sep 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received via FirstReads Giveaway.

I really loved Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen series so was very excited to get to read Beneath a Rising Moon, which was apparently written first, and has now been re-released.

It's clear that Arthur hadn't matured in her writing as much as in the Riley Jensen series as there were some definite anomalies when comparing. Not that I mean to compare them; it's more of an observation to set reader expectations.

The world building in this book is fairly weak. I know it tak
Jaime
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of the Riley Jensen books and was so sad to see that series end. So I was stoked when I learned that there would be a new Werewolf series from Kerri Arthur. There are only a few differences, this time our Heroine is not as sexually free and tries to resist the urges of the dance. But the sex is just as steamy. And of course this series takes place in America (Colorado) instead of Australia. Which leads to my only issue with this book. When I first started reading it I was bothered ...more
Jenniet Galvan
It's never a good sign when I'm skipping, not only words, but pages of a book. I'm pretty strict with my reading and if I'm going to read a book I'm going to read every single, solitary word. I couldn't put myself through that kind of torture just to finish a book that I'm totally not feeling, and yet I just couldn't abandon because even though a book is crap I still need the closure of the end of the story. I'm usually pretty good at finding books that I enjoy and therefore rarely have to give ...more
Cindyg
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow what a punch...this story got my attention right from the start and held my attention the whole way through...I loved Duncan but it wasn't at first site; he actually pissed me off in the beginning but he redeemed himself. Wow what a Were he turned out to be. Neva pissed me off too but I stayed that way for a lot of the book but she came through too. Can't say much more...wouldn't want to spoil your experience. I will say that Ms. Arthur is one hell of a writer; she just knows how to draw me ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I couldn't get past book 2 of Arthur's Riley Jenson series but this was oh so much better. I was pleasantly surprised. It's set in the same world with the same "rules" and although I believe the story to be forgettable but it was an incredibly satisfying read.

The characters were well rounded and mostly likeable. When I say mostly, I mean Duncan when he turned into a bastard and started pushing Neva too far, hurting her and damaging her relationship with her parents even if she did need to stand
Ria
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: werewolves
This book was an easy read that held my interest to the end, but there were just too many moments that made me uncomfortable for me to award a third star. The old romance staple of "sure she says no, but she really ENJOYS being forced so it's all OK" was rife in the first half of the book, with the central couple being downright unpleasant to one another as they lie incessantly for reasons that aren't wholly valid. The second half was an improvement, but ultimately there seemed to be little conn ...more
Barbara ★
I'm very much in the minority on this one. I couldn't stand the hero (and I use that term very very loosely). What an asshat! This book consists of more sex than anything. Oh there is a good murder mystery beneath the sexathon but unfortunately with stopping to have sex every five minutes the thread is completely lost. And if nothing else, Ms. Arthur seriously needed to let someone edit this disaster - too much repetition of phrases and/or words. Very annoying.

I've always liked the idea of mates
melissa
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why did I let this beauty sit on my TBR for entirely too long? This was *almost* a one day read, but sadly, I got sleepy around 2AM.

Holy hell was this a great read! If you've read any of Keri Arthur's other works, you know her werewolves tend to be very free with their loving during the full moon. This one gets it's claws in to you early and stays steamy throughout.

While there's the lots of a skinamax lovin', there's actually a pretty great who done it plot involving Neva and Duncan both searchi
GONZA
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, even if it's about werewolves and soul mates, so nothing particulary new. I have to admit I like the stories where, from a initial misunderstanding, love is so mixed with anger and fear about the other person's feelings. So this one is a big 3 stars for me and I really liked Duncan and Neva and I'm reading the next one as soon as I finish this review.

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND RANDOM HOUSE PUBLISHING FOR THE PREVIEW
Runningrabbit
On the whole I was disappointed with this. Guess I had preconceived expectations which included a more sophisticated approach and story than this from Keri Arthur.

The story was basic, the plot predictable and the sex too much of the same.

Doubt I'll bother with the second book.
Shelby
Oct 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: don-t-recommend
This is the first book I've read by Keri Arthur and I don't think I'll be picking up another one.

I felt like the first half of the book just had really strong Rapey undertones and that the author wasn't necessarily trying to romanticize sexual assault but managed it all the same. With not only the simple fact that once a female agreed to dance, the male could then force her to have sex with him even if she changed her mind, but the fact that the "Hero" used this ability on several occasions to
Sarah Gries
Technically Im giving this review a 3.5 Stars. Im going to be honest i hated Duncan. He was controlling and manipulative. I understand Neva some what liked it, but it was still slightly against her will.

I am happy though in the end it worked itself out. I came to like Duncan despite his awful character at first.

Also there was a lot of sex. I get it they are werewolves, but come on. I don’t think there’s anyone with that high of a sex drive. (Not gonna lie it’s pretty steamy ;)..)

Overall it wa
Mark A
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mostly sex and romance (more of the former, less of the latter) wrapped around a murder mystery.
Mom2boyz
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story and the writing weren't bad, the mystery wasn't much of a mystery, I did finish it, to the end of the last action scene, and then put it down. The romance was terrible... it was seriously just sex and they fell in love right away, and I had to skip over way too many sex scenes for my taste. I can't believe my library bought this ebook, when I've been waiting on much more wholesome novels but whatever.
Stephanie
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Original Post on Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust: Beneath a Rising Moon
A Re-Released Series from Keri Arthur

Beneath a Rising Moon by Keri Arthur

BENEATH A RISING MOON
Ripple Creek Series Number 1
by Keri Arthur (http://www.keriarthur.com/books/the-r...)
Dell/Random House July 31, 2012

Book loaned by publisher via http://NetGalley.com
No remuneration was exchanged and all opinions expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted.

On the werewolf reservation of Ripple Creek, a killer is on the loose. Three women are dead, their bodies muti
Tracy
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
~* 3.5 Stars *~
A Dark and Deadly Sensual World

When her twin sister is viciously attacked by the werewolf who has slaughtered three women on the Ripple Creek Reservation, Neva Grant vows to kill him. She can't just let the Rangers handle the investigation. She knows from her sister's files that they suspect a member of the Sinclair pack. She also knows that only the alpha's third son, bad boy Duncan Sinclair, has an alibi that elevates him above suspicion. For the murders, anyway.

Neither his past
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2012/08/17/...

I am a huge fan of Arthur, and have been since I picked up my first Riley Jensen book a few years back. When I saw this reissued book come up on NetGalley, I knew that Arthur would be able to satisfy my love of all things smutty werewolves, and she didn’t disappoint.

Neva’s twin sister is in the hospital after an attack by a serial killer wolf. Neva decides to pick up her sister’s investigation, but in order to get access to t
Amber at Fall Into Books
Beneath a Rising Moon is an excellent start to a new series.The characters are complex and interesting. The plot has a lot of depth and is intriguing. My only two complaints about this novel are that the mystery wasn't that mysterious. I had it figured out when I was about 50% through the book. Also, at times Duncan was a giant ass, and I don't think that it was really illustrated how not okay some of the things he did were. Basically, if you're looking for a story with a strong, independent her ...more
Jennifer  (BTH Reviews)
This review first appeared on our old site, booksthathook.com, but I have edited and (hopefully) improved it. Beneath the Rising Moon was actually one of the first books I reviewed when I started blogging. Since then, I have read a lot more Keri Arthur books.

The Story
Beneath a Rising Moon is written from the third-person point of views of Neva and Duncan. The story is about their relationship as they try to hunt down a killer.

After Neva's twin sister is attacked and hospitalized, Neva learns tha
Bex
May 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, own
Neva Grant, a werewolf of the golden fur pack would never, on a normal occasion, be caught seen at the Sinclair's mansion participating in the moon dance. That is because her pack is known for their almost strict lifestyles, with a heavy emphasis on correct morals. Neva's pack looks down on the silver-haired Sinclairs, who are notorious for their drinking, taking more than one mate, and of course hosting the moon dance where everyone completely throws away their inhibitions.

However, Neva has a
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Neva would do anything to find her sister’s would be killer, even if it means ruining her reputation by being with Duncan Sinclair. Duncan is a well known playboy who makes no promises. Will they work together to find a killer or let suspicions get in the way?

Opening Sentence: The music swirled through the darkness, its beat rich and seductive.

Excerpt: Yes

The Review:

This book is a very steamy romantic mystery. Neva Grant is a werewolf and a
Between the Bind
4.5 Stars from Between the Bind.

*(Very Minor) Spoilers*

Beneath a Rising Moon is a delicious tale of a sister seeking revenge by stepping outside of her carefully controlled life and into the pits of a life altering desire. Neva has seldom given into her desires as a young wolf, being reared in a home that prides itself on commitment and control, but that doesn't mean she hasn't wanted to. Heading into the midst of the moon dance and opening herself to her wolf, she plans to seduce Duncan Sinclai
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Remedy (The Devil's Eyes, #5)
  • Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1)
  • The Sweetest Torture (Sexy Shifter Shorts #1)
  • Siren Song
  • Changeling Moon (Changeling, #1)
  • Enforcer (Cascadia Wolves, #1)
  • Erotic Deception
  • Night Life (Nocturne City, #1)
  • Undead in the City
  • Moonlight Protector (Ashton Grove Werewolves, #1)
  • Coveted (Coveted, #1)
  • Never Cry Werewolf (Crimson Moon, #5)
  • Where Demons Fear to Tread (The Company of Angels, #1)
  • A Bloody Good Secret (Secret McQueen, #2)
  • A Deadly Whisper (The Watchers, #1)
  • Alpha Instinct (Moon Shifter, #1)
  • Masked by Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
Keri Arthur, author of the New York Times bestselling Riley Jenson, Guardian series, has now written more than 25 books. She's received several nominations in the Best Contemporary Paranormal category of the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Awards, and recently won RT's Career Achievement Award for urban fantasy. She lives in Melbourne with her daughter and two crazy dogs
More about Keri Arthur

Ripple Creek Werewolf (2 books)
  • Beneath a Darkening Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, #2)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99