Start by marking “Ahora o nunca” as Want to Read:
Ahora o nunca

Ahora o nunca

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  576 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
La descripción de atroces crímenes perpetrados por un psicópata se entrecruza con una história de pasión y sensualidad, desencuentros y desgarradoras situaciones.
Una novela en la que Elizabeth Adler despliega un verdadero arsenal de recursos literarios que la convierten en una de las más importantes autoras de novelas de intriga romántica.
Paperback
Published April 1st 1999 by Vergara Editor, S.A. (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Ahora o nunca, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ahora o nunca

Saleh MoonWalker
Onvan : Now or Never - Nevisande : Elizabeth Adler - ISBN : 385315929 - ISBN13 : 9780385315920 - Dar 352 Safhe - Saal e Chap : 1996
Grace
Hated it. Struggled to read 64%. Utter rubbish.
Charlie
Jul 26, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's a shame because the writing in itself isn't bad. It's quite gripping from the start -despite a horrendous rape scene- but I just cannot deal with how horribly cliché this all was. From the police officers, and the romance part (why you would mix a murder story with romance is beyond me but hey ho), to the murderer. So not only does it all make you eye roll so hard that you risk going blind but on top of that it's been done a thousand times already.
bluuuugh, Elizabeth Adler, never again.
Aimee
Jan 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adults, bleccchhhkkk
Judi Anne
This book is listed under the genre of romantic suspense. I have never understood how romance and suspense are intermingled, however, Elizabeth Adler has a genre under this very title. The characters are stereotypical but amazingly interesting. The romance that developed mid mystery was somewhat addictive.

OK, take one hunky detective, think faded jeans, leather jacket, scruffy beard, and tousled hair plus an uptight, beautiful TV celebrity with lots of secrets, a psychopath who’s viciously murde
J Jahir
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Una novela policiaca que fue de las primeras de ella que leí y que me gustó bastante. no dejaré de decir que la historia de malori Malone es asombrosa, con un poco de tristeza pero con gran fortaleza al mismo tiempo. y cómo con su ayuda Harry Jordan debía descubrir quién era el asesino de las tres chicas universitarias. una brutal sorpresa.
Cheryl
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good suspense story but what was the point of the locked room. None in my opinion. Loved Miffy and Squeeze!
John Mcconahey
Serial rapists are not on my top ten list of fun things; nor are sexual deviants with a penchant for murder and mutilation. Combine the two, and you have my least favorite Adler work from my small realm of exposure to her. But, don’t despair.

Via a few flashbacks, details of our female protagonist’s squalid, friendless childhood are revealed, giving reasonable credibility to her current behaviors as the star of a TV network program in New York City (which appears to be similar to a combination of
Sheri Ferguson Edmondson
Erika Reppun
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, mystery
I loved this mystery but then again I love all of Elizabeth Adler's books. This story is quite a bit darker than most of Adler's mysteries but that only served to make it all the more intriguing. "The Prof" is the perfect leading man, a crime fighting hero in jeans and a leather jacket.

I couldn't help but get drawn into the hunt for the killer who is nothing short of evil as Harry and his partner race to stop him. I also enjoyed how Adler peeled back the layers of Mallory Malone to reveal the g
Sandra Pérez
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book is definitely not a classic, it is an easy read, the plot is kind of weird and too convenient. It could have been better, i found myself being so annoyed at the way everybody seemed to repeat Mary Mallone's FULL name like a thousand times. Just did not seem something REAL people do in REAL life situations, which is kind of what the novel is all about. The whole plot does not seem realistic, the little details but overall it was good, it was okay, at some point i was hooked to the story ...more
Cathy Carol
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Classic...

I read Now or Never when it was published, still have my copies on the shelf.

Ms. Adler is what I call a classy author.

She wove a story of heartbreak--an unloved child, teenager, and finally a woman--still hiding behind a facade while she struggles within herself to help a lovable detective attempt to solve a string of vicious murders. And he has a super cool beloved dog!

If you haven't read Now or Never, you're in for an excellent treat.
angela yargus
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprise!

While it took me awhile to really get into this book, I found out that I made judgement too soon. Elizabeth Adler can take you anywhere she chooses! I have to admit that I am ready for another surprise! This is cleverly written to entertain you every time you turn a page!
Black Butterfly
Aug 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: mysteries
MAL IS LIKE THE TV SHOW LIKE JOHN WALSH I HAD A HARD TIME LIKING HER EVEN THOUGH SHE DID GOOD DEEDS HER PERSONALITY REALLY SUCKED. I LIKED HARRY AND HIS DOG SQUEEZE THEY WERE A GREAT TEAM. MY PROBLEM WAS THE WHOLW BOOK WAS OVER-THE-TOP DISCRIPTIVE SO MUCH UNNECESSARY DETAIL STUFF I REALLY DID NOT WANT TO KNOW. IF IT WASN’T FOR THAT THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD NOVELLA. ;O
Jean
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

A homicide detective from a wealthy family is attempting to catch a serial killer. This leads to his interaction with a well known TV personality who focuses her show around outing criminals. Good character development, enjoyable dialogue, and moments of suspense with a thread of romance.
Judee
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
At first I liked this story but in the end I felt insulted by the author. When she had the heroine left alone by the hero at his apartment when it was obvious she would be targeted, well, how stupid was that? Plus, I am very tired of reading about people who have had secret babies in their past.
Joanne E. Insull
Great character development.

Hacker's strength is in the way she so clearly developed all of her characters making them very visible in the mind's eye and bringing them to life. A great read. It caught me very quickly and kept me glued to it until it was done.

Maria
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: old-books
I read this book so long ago that you may not necessarily want to listen to my rating. I remember being on the edge of my seat while reading it, and not being able to put it down. At the time it was my favorite book, but I think it was only the second or third book I actually read in entirety.
Dale
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This book caught me up from the first to last page. A great mystery and a great romance intertwined throughout. Author had a great knack for alternating chapters on personal lives and the ongoing mystery killer's life. I will definitely read anoher of Adler's books.
Kathy Beckmann
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It read more like a James Patterson book than a Elizabeth Adler book! I have read several of her books, and this was definitely different than the others. However, it was a good plot and murder mystery.
Muna_booklova
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a really good read. It was suspenseful and I loved the characters. I was so shocked at the ending, and also really suprised when Mary Mallory revealed her past to Harry. I couldn't put it down, especially towards the end.
Mary Vernon
3.5 stars. Suspense with a romantic flavor. Not life-changing or awe-inspiring but a pretty decent read if you're just looking for a good whodunit story with a little trashy romance on the side.
Suzanne
Jul 24, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I confess I really like romantic suspense.
Angie Brennan
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't normally read mystery/suspense novels, but gave this one a try since it is a romance as well. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more of her books.
Odette
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Très beau roman avec un fond d'intrigue policière, se lit bien on a hâte de voir où vont les personnages.
Cathie
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Draws you in within the first paragraph. Hard to put down. You just want to hurry up and read it to find out all the answers. Keeps you at the edge of you seat. A must read.
Sep
  • Wallflower
  • Tap,Tap
  • One Small Victory
  • Black Sand
  • An Accidental Family (Conveniently Wed,  #2)
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Skinny Dipping
  • Hurricane
  • Leaving Yesterday
  • You Never Called Me Princess (The Kaitlyn Chronicles #1)
  • Capitol Conspiracy (Ben Kincaid, #16)
  • Love With The Proper Stranger
  • Just Desserts (Jersey Strong #4)
  • Watch Me
  • The Man from Barbarossa (John Gardner's Bond, #11)
  • Storm Warning
  • Even Steven
  • On Fire
203833
Born in Yorkshire, North England, Elizabeth Adler met her husband Richard (an American) while both were working in London. They have lived in England, Ireland, France, Brazil, and the United States and have traveled extensively. They have one daughter and live in Palm Springs, California. Her first novel, Private Desires (also titled Leonie), launched an enormously successful writing career, she a ...more
More about Elizabeth Adler...