Start by marking “Last Christmas” as Want to Read:
Last Christmas

Last Christmas

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Last Christmas, Carter broke AJ's heart. Now, this Christmas, Carter is back, wanting another chance with AJ. But is it too late to make this Christmas magical for them both?

Free Holiday Story - from All Romance eBooks
ebook, 1st Edition, 15 pages
Published November 26th 2011 by Shawn Lane

To ask other readers questions about Last Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Christmas

Arthur
Nov 27, 2011 rated it liked it

I usually like Shawn Lane's story, but not this one. The blurb has already said the basic plot. (view spoiler)
Ryan
Jan 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wtf
The story lost me once it is revealed why Carter broke up with A.J. It was a bullshit reason and if I had been AJ I would have told Carter to go to hell. I mean really? And it gets worse when, A.J. easily forgives Carter after repeatedly saying how much he "hated" the man and they immediately jump into bed together.
REALLY? REALLY?????

Elizabetta
Read for the M/M Bingo Challenge:

There's not much of a story here. After dating for about a month around the holidays, two guys break up over a misunderstanding that could have easily been cleared up with a little communication. A year later Carter tries to win AJ back. Ok... I didn't feel the chemistry between these two guys, Carter comes across as pushy and AJ a pushover. The make-up happens too fast, they jump into bed and BAM everything is cool again. At only 20 pages long there's not much r
Alina
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I'm surprised about the low ratings for this book! I think the story's wonderful, one of my favorite from Shawn Lane actually. In such a short book she managed to portray two very 3-dimensional sympathetic characters. I really loved their story and I felt for AJ's heartbreak and I thought Carter'd totally had his reasons to keep the whole sad thing with Doug in secret. At the end I was so happy for them and I just love the stories about second chances. Great!
Julesmarie
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, free, holiday
Not bad for a free short story. Interesting premise, but there's just not enough space in 20 pages to make motivations clear, and that's what I missed in being able to enjoy it. I just kept wondering why these men had made and were making the choices they did. It's a sweet christmas-themed short with a happy ending, though, so 2.5 stars.
mah1
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, free
An extra star because this was free. This was a nice little holiday read but I felt it had potential for more. (view spoiler)
Raevyn
Dec 15, 2011 rated it liked it

This is a very short story that could have been a better read if it was longer. AJ's heart was broken by Carter and the next Christmas Carter shows up to win him back. I thought the explanation for the break-up was a little flimsy, but the forgiveness was way too quick.
Sadonna
Nov 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, free, mm
Cute short story about second chances.
qx
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: have
2.5
Lucy
Dec 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
1.5. AJ was a sweetheart who let himself think with his penis and Carter, well, that was the worst excuse ever and absolutely no reason not to have told him. ugh, I wanted AJ to say no
Marsha Spence
Dec 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Reread Christmas 2013
Vivian
Dec 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-contemp
Cute second chance holiday love story. Carter needs a smack upside the head for crap communication skills and AJ is just a sweetie.
Jimmy
Shelves: free
2,49*
Coffee
Dec 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really liked this story. AJ was sweet, even though I thought he forgave Carter a little too easily IMHO, but I still very much enjoyed it.
melek
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Misunderstanding second chance short and sweet
Melamory
Nov 26, 2011
Sandra Ramirez
Jan 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shawn Lane writes erotic gay romances and believes love and passion know no boundaries. Happily Ever After is for everyone.

In the past she has written heterosexual romances (see her backlist) but is now concentrating on gay romances.

Shawn lives in California and holds down a boring day job in a legal department of a giant corporation dreaming of the nights and weekends when she can create new sto
More about Shawn Lane...