Start by marking “Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3)

Rescue My Heart

(Animal Magnetism #3)

After a tragic stint in the National Guards, Adam Connelly returns to Idaho and to Belle Haven, the animal shelter he owns with his brothers. All Adam wants is to be alone. Then he opens the door to the past—the woman whose heart he once broke. Still gorgeous, still tough-as-nails, but this time, unusually vulnerable.

Holly Reid learned the hard way to never depend on a man
Published November 6th 2012 by Berkley (first published November 1st 2012)

Karla
4 1/2 Heart-grabbing Stars! An adorable dog, a hot hunky hero, and sexy fun in the great outdoors…it doesn’t get much better than that!!

Adam’s the strong, silent, tortured hero…the kind that I love the best, and oh there was so much to love about him. After serving in Afghanistan and coming home to recuperate after a mission that went bad, he now trains dogs and is a team leader and region coordinator Idaho Search and Rescue. But the memory of what happened while serving in the military still h
Tif
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
An open letter to 90% of Romance Novel Heroines:

Ladies,
If a man is too "tragic" or "damaged" or his childhood was "too difficult to overcome" and you have to BEG him to be with you, he's just not that into you. You are amazing. You're beautiful, but completely unaware of your charms. You have a smoking hot body, yet are able to eat whatever you want and never exercise. You love all children, animals and elderly people. You're smart, witty and utterly charming.

And yet...here you are OVER and OVE
Kelly22
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of witty,sweet, fluffy second chance romance with Jill Shalvis trademark!
4.00 Stars - Contemporary Romance.

After going through a traumatic rescue episode back in Afghanistan, Adam Connelly is now a recovering PSTD victim. Currently living a life surrounded by his brothers and a tight niche of friends, he now works in the S&R when beautiful ex flame Holly Reid tracks him down to help her find her father.

Adam1
Adam according to me :)

Holly had a big thing for the big bad-ass hunkalicious Adam most of her adult life and has learned the hard way not to involve her heart th
Duchess Nicole
Liked it, didn't LOVE it like I did the first two. I just don't like women who chase after the men. And this heroine wasn't really all that bad but she sure didn't accept that the man she wanted wasn't interested in a relationship. I did get annoyed with Holly telling Adam that she basically knew what he ACTUALLY wanted, regardless of how many times he gently pushes her away. I also really don't like it when a female lead demands to be included in the super dangerous mission that she has no trai ...more
Gio Listmaker
Jul 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf-cannot-go-on
Why is

I am over it.

Just a couple of examples...

"No, because you drive like a girl."

“You're an attention 'ho, you know that. Like a woman,”
Jess
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B+

“Want to know what I think?”

“No.”

She added obnoxious to his [Adam] list of faults. “I think beneath that badass layer of testosterone and Neanderthal tendencies, you’re just a big old softie.”

He slid her a patented steely look. “Testosterone and Neanderthal tendencies?”

She shrugged and reached for her water. “If the shoe fits…”

He shook his head, but his eyes might have gleamed with the slightest bit of amusement as he did. “There’s a f
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Adam Connelly returns from a successful S&R where he is finally able to get some much needed rest. However, upon his return, Adam is bombarded by all the things that need to be done at the animal shelter that he and his brothers own. Exhausted from lack of sleep and in a bad mood because of injury he acquired, Adam pushes everyone who wants to help him back, telling others not to bother with him. He can handle himself. But when an unexpected visitor comes back from
Linda
After a tour of duty overseas, Adam Connolly returned to the only safe place he had ever known: Belle Haven, Idaho. Stricken with PTSD at inopportune times, he was making a living teaching and training dogs 'search and rescue'. But even now, with the only relatives he had ever loved living close by, he still had a problem showing his emotions.

Holly Reid had a history with Adam years ago. Then he left to join the National Guard without looking back. Holly was deeply hurt. In a nutshell, she marr
Dina
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Adam Connelly!

Sweet baby Jesus, he was built. As a teenager, he’d been lanky lean, almost too lean, though even back then the breadth of his shoulders had indicated he had more growing to do.

He’d come into that promise. He’d filled out in all the right places, leaving his body as good as a body could get, born from a life of outdoor, physical labor. Dark eyes, dark life.

photo JillShalvisRescueMyHeart-AdamConnelly_zpsab5c7d8a.jpg
The Reading's Love Blog
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
RECENSIONE QUI: https://thereadingslove.blogspot.com/...

description
Di tutta la serie, questo è il libro che ho preferito di più, sia per i caratteri di Holly e Adam, sia per come l’autrice ha costruito la trama. In Adam, ho visto una malinconia che nei personaggi con una personalità forte e un po’ complicata, mi piace da morire. Ha un passato difficile che lo accomuna ai suoi fratelli e quando ha conosciuto Holly, erano due ragazzini inesperti. Holly, per un po’, è stata la sua valvola di sfogo, l’unica co
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Jill Shalvis' Animal Magnetism series. I have been ill the last few days and I don't know if that may have affected my enjoyment of this addition. Rescue My Heart features the romance of Adam Connelly and Holly Reid. They had a thing going 12 years before but Adam left after a tragic accident. Adam is determined not to open his heart to love. Holly was heart broken when Adam left all those years before and she is doing her best to get on with her life. But Holly needs Adam to h ...more
Yodamom
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
HEA with wet noses.
How could you go wrong with dogs, rescues, hunky damaged souls and patient kind women ? You can't, this book was a cool ride down a river with some rapids thrown in for goose-bump moments. I love this author, she alway tugs at the heartstrings but leaves them in a beautiful bow.
Adam is back from a rescue that left him scarred deep to his soul. His search and rescue went very wrong when his team was attacked. He is back home working training dogs with Dell his Veterinarian brot
Issa
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this book okay at best. I had high hopes for the story but the author never took it anywhere interesting. The past history between Adam and Holly was dull and silly considering they were both teenagers. Holly's ex-husband was pulled in awkwardly and simply as a plot device. The big search for Holly's dad was dull as can be and simply a way for Holly and Adam to go to bed right away.

Despite all the angst that was suggested in Holly's life, none of it was explored with any depth. Even Adam
Dorine
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Blue Ribbon Review + Recommended Read courtesy of Romance Junkies. Full review also available at my blog, TBR Mountain Range. If you agree that there's something so very magnetic about a soldier who has faced the worst that humanity can throw at him, with enough humanity left within to want to heal an abused horse… Who also continues to deny his own happiness because he's so broken that he can't possibly expect another human to endure the non-existent love he has to give… Then you're ready for ...more
Nurse Lisa In Ohio (PRN Book Reviews)
4.5 SOLID...SUCH a great story - as always with any Shalvis :-)
Susan
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book. Adam is back in Sunshine after some time in the National Guard. His job there was Search and Rescue and his last mission with them had not gone well. He's been back home for two years, fighting to get back to normal. He's better than he was, but still not where he wants to be. One night he gets a visit from Holly, the woman he'd left behind after high school. He's seen her a few times since he's been back home and it never goes well. Now she needs his help to find her father.

I lo
Katherine
Rescue my Heart is the third book in Shalvis' Animal Magnetism series.

Adam Connelly returns from a successful S&R where he is finally able to get some much needed rest. However, Holly needs Adam to help find her father. They had a thing about 12 years ago, but it ended when Adam left.

I enjoyed this book. I love Jill Shaves and her sweet characters.
Brie
Nov 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

Source: A review copy was provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

I’ve been a fan of this series since the first book, and as usual, the most intriguing character always gets the last book. The anticipation was high, and unfortunately the book wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be. But it was entertaining, and the hint to a new couple brought me back to the place I was before reading the book: anticipating the next entry.

Adam and Holly used
Aly
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's favorites and there's the one you liked the least. But saying that Rescue My Heart was my least favorite doesn't mean I didn't like it nor didn't enjoy it. It's just that Adam was one of the most difficult Jill Shalvis's hero to love, but once again, it does not mean he wasn't likable. Let me try to explain it better.

Adam Connelly had a rough start in life. His biological father died and for a while, he and his brother lived with their Native American mom on an Indian reserve but she ga
Jonel
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shalvis has me completely hooked with her Animal Magnetism series, and this novel was no exception to the rule. The character-centric plot held me in its grips from cover to cover. I love how the characters came together after heartache, misunderstanding, and secrets. The way that the plot unfolded allowed me to get to know the characters well as they became reacquainted with both themselves and each other. I enjoyed the growth of character that we experience. It was well and tactfully done with ...more
Bet Lantaff
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: traded-out
3.5 Stars

I love Jill Shalvis' books and she is an auto-buy for me. I couldn't wait to read this next book in the Animal series, but I have to say that I was a tad bit disappointed in it. I really can't put my finger on the problem for me, either. The heat between the main characters was there. The story seemed real enough and not unimaginable. The previous characters from the previous books in the series were there too, which is always a good thing. But there was something about Adam and Holly t
Dee

Great, deep characters

Re-reading series November 2015
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Being the third book in the series, you had met Holly and Adam in earlier books, but I knew from those books that they would eventually get their own story.

Adam does search and rescue so when Holly's father goes missing, she begs for his help and the story goes from there. This is a great second chance romance filled with great characters, a lovely small town and adorable animals.

Challenges:
♥ RRRC November 2017 Monthly Challenge #9 - Make Your Own Head Day
♥ Candyland Quarterly Challenge
Shannon
Rescue My Heart
Animal Magnetism, Book 3

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

The Characters:

Holly Reidt:
Adam Connelly:
Jade Bennett, Dell Connelly

The Story:

I love the residents of Sunshine. I won’t say I was thrilled with this couple. Their back and forth wishy washiness got rather tiring however I do think they are well suited.

The Random Thoughts:

The Score Card:

description

3 Stars
Oana
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Animal involved, mostly dogs(normal ones :)) and a funny duck.
Mateja
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
*2.5*
Karla Brandenburg
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The thing about Jill Shalvis, she writes the most delicious alpha men, but even alpha men have that Achilles Heel. In Rescue My Heart, veteran Adam is fighting PTSD, struggling to find his new normal. A checkered past, a rough tour of duty, and the woman he left behind, certain she could do better. Holly doesn’t like when stupid alpha men make her decisions for her.

Another sizzling, heart rendering book that reminds me why Jill Shalvis is my go to for happily ever after.
Christi
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook
Loving this series. However, going to take a break since the story lines and character struggles are so similar.

Great quote from Page 225...
“Of course it is. Life is as simple as you make it, Adam. You’re born. You live. You die. I don’t plan on dying without doing the living part, though.”
Jamie
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Simple story? Yes. Can I resist rescue dogs in stories? No.
Simply Irresistib...: Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3) 2 9 Jan 01, 2015 11:27PM
Audiobooks: Jill Shalvis Romance Audiobook giveaway 2 29 Apr 08, 2013 12:09PM
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • We'll Be Home for Christmas (Holloway, #3)
  • Making It Last (Camelot, #4)
  • All He Ever Needed (Kowalski Family, #4)
  • Within Reach
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1)
  • Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2)
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • Somebody to Love (Gideon's Cove, #3)
  • Lead Me On (Tumble Creek, #3)
  • Long Simmering Spring (Star Harbor Book 3)
  • Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Animal Magnetism (7 books)
  • Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1)
  • Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2)
  • Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism, #4)
  • Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5)
  • Still the One (Animal Magnetism, #6)
  • All I Want (Animal Magnetism, #7)
“You went from worrying about being weak to wanting a fence with me?"
"I don't give a flying fuck about being weak. You're the only thing I care about. You make me whole. You make me feel. You make me..." He searched for the word. "Everything." He pulled her tighter to him. "It's always been you, Holly. And it always will be. Say yes."
"Yes," she said instantly. "To everything.”
11 likes
I'm not too chicken," she said. "I know exactly what I want. I honestly thought I could do this with you, the whole friends-with-benefits thing." She slowly shook her head, her eyes suspiciously shiny. "But as it turns out, I can't. Now with you, Adam. With you, I want it all."
(...)
"It's not that simple for me," he heard himself say.
"Of course it is. Life is as simple as you make it, Adam. You're born. You live. You die. I don't plan on dying without doing the living part, though.”
10 likes