Start by marking “My Lady's Treasure” as Want to Read:
My Lady's Treasure

My Lady's Treasure

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  165 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The moment widowed Lady Faye Rivellaux sees the tall, commanding warrior riding toward her, she senses the danger in him—a powerful sensuality that she has never experienced before, especially not in her marriage bed. Fighting her unexpected desire, she clings to her promise to rescue the kidnapped child she loves as her own. When he demands a ransom she cannot meet, she o ...more
Published September 23rd 2011 by Catherine Kean (first published April 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about My Lady's Treasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lady's Treasure

Beanbag Love
I might have given this 2.5 and rounded it up to a three if the ending hadn't been so abrupt, leaving a lot of loose ends to tie up.

I had a hard time getting into this story. The author was too coy with pertinent details about the leads' pasts. Particularly the hero's. It kept me from engaging fully with them and I never felt the urgency to get back to reading when I put the book down. I felt like it took forever to get to the end. I don't think she had to reveal all, I just think there was plen
Elis Madison

OK, I found this one confusing.

Let’s start with the premise: Faye Rivellaux is a penniless widow, shattered by the loss of her child through miscarriage. Her best friend was married to a fellow named Torr, and they had a daughter named Angeline. When Angeline's mum died not so long ago, she extracted Faye’s promise that she’d look after the girl. Torr allowed Faye to move into his castle, the better to make her queasy with his lustful gazes and erratic behavior.

Now Angeline has been abducted.
Vikki Vaught
Mar 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This story was very disappointing. Even though, the hero had very little money and no property we were supposed to believe they would achieve an HEA. The plot had several holes in it, that pulled me out of the story, and I found myself having to re-read sentences to clarify. As much as I try to find something redeemable in every story, that didn't happen with this one.
Tere
Jun 14, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not as exciting as I thought it was going to be. The heroine in this book was so stubborn and dramatic that it almost made me want to stop reading! Every predicament they got into was her doing. The hero had possibilities but he had his own backstory that we were not privy to.
This book was predictable from the beginning. There was a lot of unanswered questions. I thought the author was a bit wordy. I wonder if she was paid by the words and not the story.

I did not like the way the
Susan Jenkins (Tely)
All that boo hooing about the treasure and that's how it ends??!!?? Oy.

There was a bit of drama in this. As the archers were surrounding them, I had to put it down. Would he make it out? Could he?

He's very bold and takes liberties that I feel were excessive and dangerous.
Maura
Lily
Sep 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very entertaining story with lots of passion and suspense. At the end, I couldn't read the pages fast enough to see what the conclusion would be. The characters are very complex and as more secrets are revealed we get to know the motivations for their actions. I liked that the lines between bad and good were blurred and it wasn't until the second half of the book that they started to become clearer. I enjoyed this novel very much...it had me on the edge of my seat for the last quarter ...more
Kbee
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Can't remember when I started it, put it aside for some weeks couldn't get into it though the begining looked promissing.

Ok, 2 stars is harsh so I'll go to 2.5. The story was good predictable but good anyways. Very boring at times.To many repeated musing looked like the author had a certain number of pages to get to. But rehashing things don't help to tell the story. It got interesting in the last 3 or 4 chapters.

Cassia
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable romance, thanks to an accurate psychological study of the main characters: Faye, Brant, Torr.
Each one of them looks for something: Brant for atonement for a dreadful murder; Torr is in search of a treasure; Faye wants a little girl safe.

The plot is quite simple, no wars, no sieges, only a domestic feud with many lies and half truths in the background. Maybe I would have been more at ease with a less abrupt finale, but the overall story deserves 3,5 stars.
Rob
Feb 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
I hated the Heroine in this story, she grated on my nerves right from the beginning, and when she finally came to her senses, which wasn't until almost the very end...well it was just too late. The Hero deserved much better early on, it didn't make any sense to me at all his continued pursuit of her. Had it had a more thorough ending, I probably would have given it a better rating, but it was just as disappointing
Ronda Blanke Geiger
I liked this book. it started a little slow but built up steam. Although I figured out most of the ending before I got there. There is a twist at the end that is well worthy the wait. I enjoyed this and would recommend.
Emily
draaaaaaaaaaag... that is the theme of this book. It took me forever to get into it and even then I was only in it enough to want to finish it so I could move on. I wouldnt even recomend this book for time pass. Just keep looking.
Tasha Turner
Review pending
Lake Lady
Feb 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Well written, well paced romance novel.
Allie
Apr 21, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Free today on Kindle - 4.20.12
Petula
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely historical romance.
Radia
Jan 29, 2014
D. Lynn
Apr 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Spring's Fury (The Graistan Chronicles, #3)
  • What Wild Moonlight
  • Orchids in Moonlight
  • Seducing the Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #2)
  • Twin Passions (Captive Brides #1)
  • Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family, #2; Lords of Conquest, #6)
  • A Winter Ballad
  • Simon's Lady
  • The Heart Denied
  • An Unmistakable Rogue (Rogues Club, #3)
  • Ship of Dreams
  • To Love a Scoundrel (Law and Disorder, #4)
  • One True Love
  • Poetic Justice
  • The Texan's Bride
  • Come Be My Love
  • Emerald Embrace
  • My Lady Gisborne: A Gisborne Novel
Award-winning author Catherine Kean has always loved tales of heroic knights and stubborn damsels. Her debut medieval historical romance, Dance of Desire, was the launch title of Medallion Press's Sapphire Jewel Imprint. Dance of Desire won two Reviewer’s Choice Awards, Best Medieval in industry review magazine Affaire de Coeur’s 2006 Reader-Writers’ Poll, and finaled in four contests for publishe ...more
More about Catherine Kean...