Start by marking “Project Garden: A Month-by-Month Guide to Planting, Growing, and Enjoying ALL Your Backyard Has to Offer” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  40 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The family that gardens together, grows together!

In this beautiful, project-by-project guide, mom and master gardener Stacy Tornio will inspire gardeners young and old to explore, innovate, and cultivate through simple projects that will get a garden growing at any time of year. Your whole family be inspired to:

Tend beautiful, practical gardens that work in any space
Plant
Published January 15th 2012 by Adams Media (first published December 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Project Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Project Garden

Pamela
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. had to reverse things round a bit being from the Southern Hemisphere but loved the little projects.
Anastacia
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, gardening
I took this book out from the library, because my parents, hubby & I, have planted a vegetable garden for the first time, other than the odd tomato plant. I've been devouring the 'net for ideas, hints, tips, tricks, recipes, etc etc, along with stalking coworkers for any advice they can give us - and our garden is doing just great! I can't wait for a bigger & better garden next year!

so, with all that in mind, I've been requesting books from the library on the subject of vegetable gardeni
Rachel
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, nonfiction, 2015
4.5 stars - This is a wonderful resource for families who are looking to garden together. Even if parents are unsure about their green thumb qualifications and whether they have the space necessary to make it work, never fear. Tornio offers great ideas for small and large spaces, including growing flowers and vegetables indoors, and rates projects by level of difficulty. Divided up by month, Tornio outlines growing opportunities, as well as craft and recipe projects highlighting nature that shin ...more
Michelle
Tornio has compiled a nice little book of garden based projects. I think it's a great book for people who are already familiar with the basics of gardening and want creative ideas for crafts, plus simple recipes that kids can help with. If you are a beginning green thumb, I would suggest finding a book to describe exactly how to plant/hardiness zones, etc. My one complaint about the book is that Tornio does not include a hardiness map, but lists all the zones with the plants (which I suppose is ...more
Casey Hudson
Aug 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hobbies
I love to garden, and I enjoy sharing my love of gardening with the next generation. This book gives a fun and creative reason to do so. Every month includes gardening tips, recipes, and projects for even the youngest horticulturist.

Bright colors and easy-to-follow design are what truly make this guide worthwhile. Complete with difficulty levels and lists of materials, this is a magnificent read for the entire family.
Jessica
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love the combination of plant information, garden crafts, and recipe ideas. This book offers many practical tips for avoiding common beginner's mistakes in a home garden. My favorite features were the themed garden ideas, especially the concept of a salsa garden that has tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc. I checked this out from the library but am considering purchasing a copy of my own.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Gardening, crafts, and recipes all year long for the whole family! The chapters are divided by month. They plants in each month do not neccesarily grow in that month, but it offers a varity to enjoy - herbs, bulbs, animals, night, etc. The crafs are focused around recycled ideas with garden decor in mind. Great book for families who want to explore gardening.
Khristiey
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
skimming through this one to see if it's worth recommending. so far I'm digging it for all the child oriented gardening and craft projects. seems like it would keep kids busy, outdoors, and active in the summer months.
Jessica
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent garden themed crafts and recipes to keep the whole family engaged in gardening year round.
Angi
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great starter book if you have really young kids. I love all the activities leading up to actual planting.
Kathy Carter
Julie  Webb
Dec 06, 2014
Joanna
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great ideas for gardening with children!
Steve