Start by marking “I Spy DIY Style: Find Fashion You Love and Do It Yourself” as Want to Read:
I Spy DIY Style: Find Fashion You Love and Do It Yourself

I Spy DIY Style: Find Fashion You Love and Do It Yourself

Loved it on the runway? Seen it in a magazine?

Published April 17th 2012 by Potter Craft (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about I Spy DIY Style, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Spy DIY Style

Siobhan
Sep 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: sewing, abandoned
I looked thru the book and realized that I didn't like ANY of the styles shown. Glad I didn't pay for it - I borrowed it from the library.
Tiffany
Jul 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Guilty guilty guilty guilty pleasure. Seriously. I'm addicted to fashion blog stuff. The pictures are just so darn pretty. What can I say? I'm a sucker for good-looking stuff (or, if I was more eloquent at this, I would say that I'm a sucker for good visuals/graphics/design/etc.).

I mean, seriously. Could you resist this? Doesn't it make you just swoon?

fashiontoast

designlovefest

stylerookie

seaofshoes

Okay, maybe you can resist it. But I can't. So for me, this book was basically a little tiny sample
Diane
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Many of the DIY projects looked too DIY to me.
Heather
This is a very good book for DIY Style for those that want to create a style but have limited resources to do so, this has great ideas and tricks to pull it off. The introduction tells why the author decided to write a book like this. Next is five reasons why you should DIY YOUR Style. After that a list is given for what you will need to DIY YOUR Style, and also what to look for, meaning insider tips, project tips, my tips and fun ideas and alternative projects. There are tips for successful DIY ...more
Lana.
Nov 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fashion, diy
Your heart is racing over something fabulous on the runway? Vintage fashion photo spreads have you swooning? Then why not incorporate elements into your own wardrobe - by making them yourself?

Jenni Radosevich's quick and easy guide book to DIY style is fun and inspiring. The thirty projects listed in the book are a far from couture sewing (or even basic skirt making), but definitely give a good starting point for fashionable crafters to create assessories and embellish existing clothes to timel
Crown Publishing
May 30, 2012 added it
Shelves: craft
Loved it on the runway? Seen it in a magazine?

Find fashion you love and do it yourself! With a few simple supplies and a range of clever ideas, DIY expert Jenni Radosevich shows you how to make style your own. Transform your basics into designer fashions. Turn hardware store finds into statement necklaces or embellishments for a chic dress. Recreate red carpet-ready looks and add your personal touch.

Filled with 30 step-by-step projects inspired by celebrities, designer runways, and classic styl
Amy Adams
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Think of this as Semi-Homemade: The Fashion Edition. Radosevich shows where she gets her inspiration then shows how she makes it her own. My favorite project is when she shows how to make a fashion clutch out of a placemat. Although there's a list of supplies at the beginning of the book, each project requires special materials. (It's kind of like how you always have flour and sugar, but sometimes you have to go hunt down special mint chocolate chips for the cookies you're making.) If you're loo ...more
Christine
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A mixture of the cute, quirky, and useful. The author is inspired by current trends (at the time of publication in 2012). Some are still timely; others could be used asa template for something entirely new.

I loved the idea of taking a tired belt and making it nautical by cutting it up and throwing in some cotton rope from the hardware store.

If you have a daughter who's just starting to get into crafting/sewing, these easy projects would be fun to do together.
Anthony
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good. The author clearly does not share the same style as me but I found her fashion diys inspiring. I'm going to try and follow her example to make things I love but can't afford to buy.
Beka
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it
A lot of fun to read through. The instructions are clear and accompanied by lots of helpful pics. Though I didn't feel like recreating any of these particular projects, I do plan to read her blog and get more inspiration there.
E.A.
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafts-hobbies
I only found one project that I really loved, which was adding ribbons to high heeled shoes, to make them look like small bows cascading down the front. Very easy to do and came out great. There were several other projects though that I think would be fun to try out.
Carole Cornell
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun and easy projects for making and restyling things you already own.
Betty
Some good creative ideas
Rachael Graham
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: home-craft
Love all the ideas, but would never reaslistically approach any of them.
Audrey
Apr 02, 2016 rated it liked it
there were only a few projects I could see myself making. has to be the right materials so it doesn't look too crafty
Jessica
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I hate to say this, but if you keep up with the blog there is no reason to read this book. The projects look fun...but so do the ones on the blog!
Trish
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book has lots of good ideas. I like that the author says to go to the Salvation Army or flea market to get clothes to experiment with.
Bec Waller
Oct 22, 2017
Ashley
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fic, diy
Full of fun ideals that are easy to do, it makes me want to hit my local thrift store more often!
Marcia