Start by marking “Covet (Makedde Vanderwall, #3)” as Want to Read:
Covet (Makedde Vanderwall, #3)

Covet

(Makedde Vanderwall #3)

Eighteen months after her ordeal at the hands of the sadistic "Stiletto Murderer," fashion model and forensic psychology student Makedde Vanderwall must confront her demons when she returns to Sydney for the trial. But just as the verdict is handed down, the unthinkable happens—the killer makes a daring escape.…

Sexier than a Versace fashion show, and riskier than all seven
Audio CD
Published March 26th 2012 by Bolinda Audio (first published August 18th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Covet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Covet

Start your review of Covet (Makedde Vanderwall, #3)
Phrynne
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would have given this book five stars if only the author would do something better with the Mak / Andy relationship or lack thereof. She really does not write romance well and after three books I am still totally confused as to what their problem is. However I can forgive her heaps once the action starts and the book becomes unputdownable! Plus I always enjoy books set in Australia! I have her next two books lined up on my shelf already and I am looking forward to them.
M - The long hot spell
This was better than number two! The story really grabbed me and it moved along nicely.
Tricia
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For some reason I like this on a lot more than the earlier books in this series. I think it was because Mak is a lot less naïve and does less stupid things in it.

TheMadHatter
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

This (Book 3) is probably the best book in the series so far, but given that I slammed book 1 and 2 that is probably not a good thing. :-)

I quite like Ms Moss's writing, so I would like to read a series of hers that does not have a pompous, irritating model as the lead character. I have heard that she is writing paranormal now and I think that is probably a better move. These books have shown that writing about the world that you know is not always the best path. Alas,
P.D.R. Lindsay

A follow on to 'Fetish' this Australian thriller is a good read for those who enjoy stalkers and sexy heroines. Set in the world of modelling and written by an ex-model it reads as well researched.

The plot is tight and nasty, the heroine suitably scared yet feisty and for all those who enjoy scary thrillers this novel will be a good read.

Do read Fetish first though.
Velvetink
This was a playaway recording I was testing out for my mother who is going blind. The narrator had a terrible sibilant to her voice and although I tried listening to it several times, just couldn't get past it or the fact that the narrator has a fake Australian accent. I only got as far as the main character killing her brother with poison pie.
P.J. Parker
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clearly I am obsessed by Mak. 2012 was her year on my bookshelf.
Johanna
In an effort to try and clear off my bookshelves I picked up "Covet" - a book whose origins I am still unsure of. The things I really like about "Covet" is that it's short, engrossing, and quite silly. I was not familiar with the previous two books, but with the amount of repetition I certainly didn't feel like I was missing out on anything story-wise.

Author Tara Moss, a former international model, has imbibed the protagonist, Mak, with the duel gifts of beauty and intelligence. Mak is attacked
Heather Browning
The writing is definitely getting more solid as the series progresses, and it's clear that Tara Moss has done a lot of research, even if times it's almost *too* obvious, when technical details seem sort of shoehorned in. Much less in the way of character development this time, which was a shame, and it still seems like she's determined for her heroine to end up with the mundane, angry, misogynist. Most interesting this time was the side character of the prison guard, who was a creepier villain ...more
Mrs Mac McKenzie
The third book in the series and totally predictable - following the same formula, beautiful model gets caught up in a random situation (I would be worried if I was her), her squeeze just happens to be in the right place at the right time to save her from herself. This is the last one I will read.
Kathy Parker
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great weekend read, compelling and suspenseful to the end.
Janice
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took awhile to get into this one. After a couple of chapters though I didn't want to put it down. Look forward to reading the next installment.
Elaine Burrows
Easy to read. Last chapters are the page turners. Good books to read if you are unable to concentrate.
Debbie Johansson
Covet sees Makadde back in Australia for the trial of the Stiletto Murderer and this book is another page turner. Once again, Mak and Andy Flynn continue to have an on-again, off-again relationship, making me frustrated with Makadde. The prison guard, Suzie, had shown such promise as a character, but she fell flat in the end. How an escaped serial killer could easily leave the country I couldn't quite fathom. I also found the ending a bit disappointing and unsatisfying, making me question how ...more
Hannah
Nov 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Covet throws us back to the stiletto killer. Mak is back to Sydney for Ed Browns trial but the best part is (spoilers) the escape and just how fucked up peoples minds are! Ed manipulates a women from the jail to help him break free, he has only one thing on his mind and thats Mak! This book just shows how easy it is to find someone if you know how to do it and why you need to be alert or just have plain commen sense!
I didnt enjoy this book as much as the previous ones wether because it was slow
Dave
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've read the preceding two books in this series you'll want to read this one to see how it all pans out for our plucky heroine. Moss' style is less police-procedural and more concerned with the central character; self confessed psycho-magnet Mak Vanderwaal, who is a fairly thinly disguised alter ego of the author herself.

Mak is an excellent invention however and is imbued with enough detail to help you care about what happens to her. The villain's escape and manipulation of the hapless
Bookish Enchantment (Katherine Quirke)
The only reason this book does not get a 4 star is the embellishment of the 2 main characters on/off romance. It adds nothing to the book.

The book starts off strongly and excites me that I may be getting a gritty crime novel to read. However I am disappointed in this regard.

It makes me ask the question is Tara Moss writing romance novels or crime novels?

It is a good story but not a great crime story or a romance. It has been the same for the early 2 novels in this series.

- what should I expect
Lyn Richards
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, thriller, crime
Makkedde Vanderwall and Andy Flynn continue their angst ridden "relationship" with the inconvenient appearance of Ed Brown the serial killer with whom Makkedde has "encountered" 18 months prior. As usual Moss takes us on an action packed believable story. A story that you can wait to see where the next part unfolds. Makkedde and her complex web of relationships is a great character.

I had the pleasure of listening to the audio version of this book, read by the author. I cant wait to hear the
fivethousandbooks
I've decided to try Tara Moss' thrillers again after giving up on her first book which was Fetish. Covet's storyline was actually very interesting although the ending sort of let down the entire book. I also like Makkede Vanderwall as a character. BUT her writing still needs a bit of improvement and polish - she's definitely not comparable to Cornwell (in her earlier novels) or Faye Kellerman. No way!
Natasha
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this one. Finally Mak has the ending she wanted. Lets just hope her and Andy can finally work things out without Ed and his pyscho attraction towards Mak interfering with things. Glad Ed finally got what was coming to him and the best thing was he never saw it coming. Mak is such a strong woman, she has gone through a hell of a lot in the last couple of years and is still trying to stay strong and carry on with her life. Looking forward to the next book.
Eleni Konstantine
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just realised this is book 3 in the series and not book 2, but I didn't feel I had missed anything. I enjoyed this more than the first book - everything seemed to mesh more - dialogue, introspection, action.

Poor Makedde having to deal again with the serial killer that has changed her life.

I'd be interested to see where the series goes. But before I do that, I need to go scout for book 2.
Tracy
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - making the Makedde Vanderwall series one of my picks for the year, as a great series that helped pass the horrible winter days.

Read the full review at OurBookClub
Merri
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've enjoyed this series so far and Covet continued to make me turn the pages! Although I found parts hard to believe (how can an escaped serial killer so easily leave the country), and Mak still un-humanly flawless, and the ending unsatisfying, I'm stilllooking to Mak's next adventure in Hit.
Kelly Beauglehole
I hope she cuts Andy a break...that is all
Madelaine
Good, ending was slightly disappointing. Should read Fetish, Split and Covet all, as they are sequels.
Danielle PBrown
Brilliant!! Loved every bit of it
Sharyn Swanepoel
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wondered how she would make this one different to the first two in the series, but I found it was very much a page-turner ... And very different to the others in a way I didn't expect.
Vikki
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great trilogy of books
Betty
Feb 14, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting Australian mystery with believable characters. The ending a little disappointing, I felt a lot more could have been done to add interest and twists to the end.
Joanne Quick
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED this book, didn't want to put it down

• Heavenly Pleasures (Corinna Chapman, #2)
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • Trick or Treat (Corinna Chapman, #4)
  • Cooking the Books (Corinna Chapman, #6)
  • Forbidden Fruit (Corinna Chapman, #5)
  • Your Own Kind of Girl
  • Death Before Wicket (Phryne Fisher, #10)
  • Murder on a Midsummer Night (Phryne Fisher, #17)
  • Murder in Montparnasse (Phryne Fisher, #12)
  • Earthly Delights (Corinna Chapman, #1)
  • Murder in the Dark (Phryne Fisher, #16)
  • Teacher: One woman's struggle to keep the heart in teaching
  • Queen of the Flowers (Phryne Fisher, #14)
  • Unnatural Habits (Phryne Fisher, #19)
  • Urn Burial (Phryne Fisher, #8)
  • The Strangers We Know
  • Murder on the Ballarat Train (Phryne Fisher, #3)
  • The Great Zoo of China
Tara Moss is an author, documentary host and producer and human rights advocate. She is the author of 12 books, published in 19 countries and 13 languages, including the Mak Vanderwall crime fiction series and the Pandora English paranormal series. Her 12th book is a historical crime thriller launching in Aus/NZ as Dead Man Switch in October 2019, and The War Widow in the USA and Canada in May ...more

Makedde Vanderwall (6 books)
  • Fetish (Makedde Vanderwall)
  • Split (Makedde Vanderwall, #2)
  • Hit (Makedde Vanderwall, #4)
  • Siren (Makedde Vanderwall, #5)
  • Assassin (Makedde Vanderwall, #6)