Start by marking “Toxic (Denazen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Toxic (Denazen, #2)

Toxic

(Denazen #2)

When a Six saved Kale's life the night of Sumrun, she warned there would be consequences. A trade-off. Something taken for the life they gained. But Dez never imagined she'd lose the one thing she'd give anything to keep... And as if it's not enough Dez finds her immunity to Kale fading, the Six brought in to help Kale learn to control his killer touch starts drooling on h ...more
Published October 16th 2012 by Entangled Teen (first published September 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Toxic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic

Stacia (the 2010 club)

It's Time to Rewind

The Bonus Scene : This was included after the end of the book - one short scene from Kale's PoV. Apparently, the best was saved for last because this was my favorite part of the book, apart from the wild beginning. I can honestly say that this is the first time I truly got to vibe on Kale and how his mind worked. Watching this one particular scene was priceless. I loved it.

The end of the book : Cliffhanger? Kinda, sorta. Not anything worth freaking out about. I've been to
Ferdy
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Spoilers

Dez, Kale and the other Sixes are still hiding from Denazen. Naturally Denazen won't give up hunting Dez and her friends. Denazens desires to capture powerful Sixes, leads to them send a Six of their own to poison Dez, forcing her to either willingly join them to get a cure or risk death.
On top of dealing with Denazen and impending death, Dez is gutted to learn that she's lost her ability to touch Kale without getting hurt. Dez worries are further escalated when new girl, Jade, who has a
Ida
WOW! This book rendered me speechless.

After two days of trying to come up with a proper review for this, I am still empty-handed.

Well, maybe not. I may have one thing to say.

For Jade,

Photobucket

THISBOOKISAWESOMEEXCEPTFORTHATCERTAINREDHEADIHATEHER. THAT'S ALL. BOW.

PS: KALE IS STILL ALWAYS SHIRTLESS IN MY MIND. LOL And he didn't help with that matter in this book. I think he made it worse. *imagines Kale shirtless in the rain* Yep, definitely worse.

Updated 08/26/12

So, the release date has been pushed ba
Giselle
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ebook
More like a 3.5 stars, Toxic is the long anticipated sequel to one of my favorites books last year; it was good to get reacquainted with Dez and Kale in this fun, emotional sequel. Dez is back to her full glory, and now she has competition; Jade is here to try to teach Kale control, but she's also trying to weasel her way into his heart - or at least his pants. If this wasn't enough, Dez's immunity to Kale's touch is waning.

With a wedge... or 2, driven between Dez and Kale, there is a lot of te
Kristalia
Final rating: 1/5 stars

After awesome first book Touch comes a cool short story Untouched, which i loved (because it was Kale's POV) and then we have the next book in the series Toxic...Today's star is TOXIC!!!!

Well, it's not what i expected or wanted. It was totally unnecessary. Seriously. Just read the synopsis and the last 3 chapters (33, 34 & 35) in which the main point is.

I was sooooooooooo sooooooo disappointed. I expected more of everything, not a freaking love triangle in which case t
avie
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i cant wait for this book. Kale is like a cute innocent little baby that i wanna pinch and kiss...
and finally, a "third party" who's a girl! i'm getting tired of the 2 guys 1 girl love triangle...

and is it just me, or is Dez really HOT in this cover? wow.
Marie
All I can say is that this was SO worth the extra wait. Amazing sequel! Loved every moment. And Kale, so HOT.
Sad ending but major cliffhanger, so can't wait for the next book.
Plus did not guess the traitor, man that was a shock.

Full review to come later!
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Nov 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled-teen
Toxic Review on K-Books

"Sometimes I can't breathe when I'm near you. Knowing we can't touch steals the air from my lungs. It hurts, and it's all I can thing about."

Woah! What a phenomenal and emotional book. I was so excited when I received Toxic, the second book in the amazing Denezen series, for review. I just had to start it straight away. I instantly fell in love with this series when I read the first book Touch last year and have been very impatiently waiting for the next installment. I w
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm really digging this series. Dez is just my kind of chick. And yeah, she wasn't her best this time but give her a break, she had poison flowing through her veins for almost an entire book. She can be a little cranky. The situation with Jade wasn't making it any better. That girl is a menace. I wanted to drop her from the 126th floor on the spiked fence while the whole dove population of New York crapped over her perforated body.

"My personality made me easy to get along with - unless you were
Teresa Mary Rose
Jul 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: playing-catch-up
This summary is making me very nervous, I do not approve of anyone else with Kale! Although a love triangle with two girls would be a twist, but still DO NOT APPROVE. Also, why does it seem that Dez is going to lose the whole I can touch Kale thing- that may successfully break my heart. GAHHHHH....NEED BOOK NOW!
Claudia B.
Aug 11, 2012 marked it as to-read
The release has been pushed.frigging.back.

No... no... this is not happening

Do not touch me!
I'm falling apart.

I need this book and I need it now.
I need Kale I mean, Dez needs Kale. I need to know what happens with her abilitie to touch him! She needs to know what the future holds for them. I'm so pissed!. Excuse me while I go act like a brat.

Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Character chat with Kale, Dez, and Alex up on my blog + signed swag giveaway!

Ahh that ending blew!!! What a very frustrating and emotional ride. I need more <3 Kale!

Nikki
Uhh..... I'm srsly not in a proper state of mind to write a proper review. I would just say.....

To the bitch named Jade

After reading the book:

Photobucket

Yeah, that about sums up how I am feeling. A proper review coming as soon as my head stops spinning.
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
"I love the way you look at me. There's purity in it and I don't want to ruin it."

Jus Accardo is back with the next instalment in the Touch series - Toxic, and let me tell you, it's better than ever and when you finish this book you will be pulling you're hair out because you want more...yea, it's that good!

Toxic starts a few weeks after Touch and if you've read the novella - Untouched, then you know the summer wasn't an easy one for Kale or Dez. They did however, come across some new sixes and
Alyona
It was a good book, a light read. I liked 'Touch' better though.
This read was packed with fast-paced action and romance, love-triangles as well, but it kind of became boring through the middle of the story.

The characters developed well- as the relationship between Kale and Dez did- except for Jade, who made my palms itch for a bitchslap every time I read about her. She just kept talking shit about Dez throughout the whole book. She's one mean, whiny bitch. Kill her with fire!

Oddly, I liked Ale
Colleen Houck
This one starts off with our heroes climbing a crane. What could possibly go wrong? =D This one's a solid middle book with a lot of build up for the conclusion. It leaves you hanging...see what I did there? But you'll definitely want to pick up the third book and start right away. My favorite scene was the invisible spying. You'll see why when you get there.
Kelsey van Dillen
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This Jade bitch, I hate her guts!! I couldn't even imagine how I would feel if a girl like her would be around my boyfriend all the time. I'd destroy her.
Other than that, this was a very good second book. Lots of action and emotion, it was very exciting!
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Nov 25, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-books
May 01, 2011 YIPPEE I am reading Touch right now and OMG I can not put it down. May can't come fast enough :)
Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)

***ARC provided by Entangled Teen for review purposes***

(Spoilers for Touch)
It’s no secret that I LOVED Touch by Jus Accardo. How could I not? With a tough yet vulnerable MC like Dez and the super hot and deadly yet clueless Kale, I was immediately hooked! After eagerly anticipating Toxic and after a few release date set backs, I was ecstatic when I received my review copy.

After Dez makes a bargain to save Kale’s life in Touch, she is warned that there will be consequences for it. But Dez doe
Jana
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Also posted: http://jana-thebookgoddess.blogspot.c...

When I read TOUCH (the first book in the Denazen series), I fell completely in love with it. Everything that I wanted in a book was in TOUCH. Whether that's the hot chemistry between two MCs, the action-packed storyline and the YA paranormal that I love, I knew nothing can top TOUCH. Not even its sequel. How right I am. :(

I'm sorry to say that I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first. Before you all scream at me and throw mash potatoes,
Lola
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, I liked book 1 better, but this book was also great. The story was really good and I wanted to keep reading to see what problems Dez and Kale would encounter now.

I did liked the story, but I think the story of book was more action packed an fast paced. In this book there was more sitting around and planning. The story did have some action packed moments, but few of them than in book 1. I did think that the story was a bit too predictable, there where some major plot twi
Book Lover
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ahh! This book was everything I expected and more! After waiting and waiting for this book I finally read it this past Thursday and loved it. Touched was amazing but Toxic was even better. Kale and Dez's relationship is growing but everything isn't perfect especially when a new girl comes into the picture.

In this book we meet some new characters and some of our favorites from Touched come back. One of the new characters, Jade, knew exactly how to get underneath my and Dez's skin. Jus did a great
Brett
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Second-Book-Syndrome strikes again. I really wanted to love this one as much as I did Touch, but just couldn’t get over the decline in Kale’s character. Once loveable, and cute in his blank-canvas of a guy ways, that trait seemed to bring him down here. With so much angst holding up Dez and Kale’s relationship—a lot of it due to Kale’s inability to see what was going on around him, or how to treat someone’s feelings with respect—I found it quite to enjoy the romance, or lack of it. And with the ...more
Angelika
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, reci
I really enjoyed this fast paced book and the bonus part (Kale's POV) as well but Ginger (Hello, the future isn't set in stone!) and the whole love-triangle aspect (Or this one was more of a love quadrangle...) were annoying a little bit.
Krisztina
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Definitely 5 starts (or more:))).
It was an incredible, emotional, adrenalin ride.
Dez is wonderful, strong, kickass heroine and Kale is the most loveable, unique, innoncent but dangerous hero, I have ever met in books.
Their love is epic.

Review later. First I must wake up from this dream.

Adrienne
Lots of drama in this installment - but it was of the good kind. I definitely did not expect it to be such a blast. Book three, I'm on my way!
Jessica (Step Into Fiction)
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, blog-tours, 5-stars
Review originally posted at Step Into Fiction

Thank you to Entangled Teen for asking me to be a part of the Toxic blog tour (I'll be posting on November 1 an interview with Jus Accardo) & supplying me with an eARC of Toxic. I am very excited for this opportunity as I am a very big fan of this series!

I fell in love with the first book, Touch and even the novella, Untouched. I can’t get enough of Kale, not to mention that Dez is just so kickass and chill. The whole book had this X-Men feel to i
Sandra "Jeanz"
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing

MY REVIEW
I received a pdf arc of this book, in exchange for my honest opinion and review from Entangled Teen. This is the second book in the Denazen series, though there is a 1.5 novella called Untouched that can be read in between Bk#1 and Bk#2.
The cover on this book continues in the same colours and hues of the other two books in a brownish colour. The character on the front of the book I would say is Dez. I like the character of Dez as she is quite a strong female. After reading Bk#1 and Bk#1
Kelly Hart
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Last year, when I read TOUCH, the first book in the Denazen series, it left me anxious for more. This year, now that I’ve read TOXIC, I feel the exact same way and I gotta say, the novel definitely did not disappoint.

It seems with this series the books just keep getting better and better and harder and harder to put down.

For me, TOXIC was much darker than TOUCH, and it showed us just how real the Denazen threat is to Dez, Kale, and her group of Sixes with all the attacks, Dez’s poisoning, and t
please, PLEASE recommend a similar book !!!! 5 16 May 30, 2014 02:42PM
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Divided (Setenid Blight, #2)
  • Blood Past (Warriors of Ankh, #2)
  • Spark (Elemental, #2)
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • Inbetween (Kissed by Death, #1)
  • The Marked Son (Keepers of Life, #1)
  • Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Blazing the Trail (The Dragon Diaries, #3)
  • Luminosity (The Raven Chronicles, #1)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Flutter (The Discover, #1)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. But at the last minute, she realized her true path lay with fiction, not food.

Jus is the bestselling author of the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing, as well as the Darker Agency series, and th

Denazen (5 books)
  • Touch (Denazen, #1)
  • Tremble (Denazen, #3)
  • Transcendent (Denazen, #4)
  • Untitled (Denazen, #5)
“He's irritating." He stood and started to pull up the hem of his shirt. "And he stabbed me."
Alex rolled his eyes. "And you're still alive. Time to get over it."
Kale held his hand out to Ginger. "Fine. Give me something sharp. If I stab him, then we'll be even.”
24 likes
“Was anyone hurt?"
"Sadly, no," Kale mumbled. He folded his arms and looked toward the door with a sulky expression. I'll have to try harder next time.”
20 likes