Start by marking “Tightly Wound (SEALS, Inc., #4)” as Want to Read:
Tightly Wound (SEALS, Inc., #4)

Tightly Wound (SEALS, Inc. #4)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  1,101 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Claire Steele has spent her whole life dodging shadows. Psychic since birth, she uses her talent to chase the evil lurking in the recesses of her mind.

For years, Lt. Malcolm "Shadow" Windsor has walked the fragile boundary of friendship, silently waiting for Claire to acknowledge her love for him. An ex-Navy SEAL and expert tracker, he knows patience is the key to her surr
ebook
Published November 21st 2011 by Mia Dymond, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Tightly Wound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tightly Wound

C.C.
Jul 26, 2012 rated it liked it
The story was very short, and it was a little confusing at first because I started at book 4. It wasn't that bad, there was no WOW factor but it was still entertaining, although I wish that there were more growth from the characters. Claire and Shadow could have grown a whole lot instead of already being bad-ass. The only thing that I didn't like about this book is Claire's stubbornness. Shadow told her to run or hide but what did she do?! Yup, she refused saying, "NOT WITHOUT YOU" Well fuck. Do ...more
Kyami
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
I was so excited to read Shadow and Claires story. I hate to say I was sadly disappointed. I enjoy Mia Dymond's books but the last two you feel like you're starting from the middle of the conversation. This one was extremely predictable, as far as, the bad guy goes. The villian even had a scooby doo-ish line (I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you pesky kids). I thought there would be more indepth emotions to Shadow and Claire but it fell flat for me. I even skipped some of the se ...more
ツ Renée
Apr 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military
I really loved this one! I was attracted to Claire and Shadow from the beginning. They had a powerful chemistry – an unmistakable bond. They were so open and accepting of their feelings for each other. The love between them was sweet and tender, but the sex was…explosive. Claire and Shadow’s story varied slightly from the formula of the first three in the series in that there was less interaction with the secondary characters we’ve come to love. But the intensity of Claire and Shadow, the action ...more
Lorraine Sears
Feb 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fourth and last in series of the very satisfying Seals, Inc. series by Mia Dymond.

The last book featuring the already developing love story between Shadow and Clare Steele (twin sister of Brett Steele, male focus of book three) didn't fail to disappoint. It delivered a steamy, nail biter that kept you guessing.

However, all four books have been so similar in their plot, including their predictable saccharin sweet endings, that it was fairly easy to spot the real bad guy early on, despite the mi
July
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
Shadow and Claire's story! Claire does a disappearing act in the last part of the Seals #3 book. Shadow takes off after her just in time for some crazy to bomb her car. It was a good thing that Shadow was there so the killer could not get to her while she was vulnerable in the house after the bombing.
Claire admits her love for Shadow and he for her. Then Shadow calls in back up Claire's brother Brett to catch the crazy killer. Claire is working with the police on several cases and she feels thi
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
*Sigh* I've finished the last SEALS Inc book :(

I really enjoyed this series and would recommend it to all of my fellow book whores without reservation.

Sometimes it's nice to just read a book and enjoy it without going on an emotional roller coaster and that's exactly what this series achieved.

This final book covers Claire and Shadow's story but without so much assistance this time from Hawke and Max this time. Claire's brother, Brett does join this storyline though so you still get to enjoy tw
Judith
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
In our most frustrated moments, lots of us wish we could see into the future, but few if any of us recognize what a burden it could conceivably become. The heroine of this engaging story knows full well and it is the kind of "knowing" that has made her profoundly "weird" in the eyes of many and to such an extent that she keeps her "gift" under wraps. Yet she need someone to ground her, to be her anchor and her calming force just as her twin has always been. Now she meets another who can actually ...more
Anita
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another great SealsInc book! A little shorter than the others. Shadow has felt a connection to Claire ever since he met her and she has felt the same. When she feels her life is threatened - she takes off. But Shadow follows her. Evil is lurking and getting closer to taking out Claire. As they try to figure out who is behind the attacks- Shadow is literally her shadow. The other couples are in the story but not much. Hope that Detective Brooks gets a book. Wish there were more Seals Inc!
Stephanie
Mar 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
I don't know why I kept reading these. The writing just gets worse and the "mystery" of who the bad guy was was so obvious I figured it out the instant he made an appearance. I wanted to shout are you people oblivious!
And as with all the books I noticed the disturbing editing issue that on more than one occasion it appears scenes have been cut/edited out but following events/scenes don't seem to take this into account so the reader is left with a huge what the F%$^& am I missing feeling.
Connie Taylor
Sep 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This last book continues the story of Claire and Shadow from book 3. Claire is an empath and is able to see the future. Shadow is one of the SEALs, Inc. and a psychic blocker. He can heal Claire when she is overwhelmed by the evil that surrounds her. They have always been attracted to each other, but they finally admit it to each other. Someone is trying to kill Claire and Shadow is making sure that he does not. A very good series and wish there were more.
Sheryl
Nov 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mia Dymond sure packs a punch with this story. First up, Shadow is a HOT and SEXY piece of alpha-male and Claire is no wallflower. He loves her, she loves him, but is trying to protect him and so runs away. Shadow finds her and YOWZA, what happens sure made me wish i was Claire :) An excellent end to the SEAL Inc. series, if you haven't read the other 3 books, then you are seriously missing out on suspense, hot romance and did i say HOT men?! Can't wait for more books from this author!!
Debbie
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this series about our Navy Seal boys! A mix of romance, throw in a mystery and alot of comedy. All 4 books are great! Can't wait to read more by this author. I really hope there is a story for Matt! Great addtion eventhough he isn't a seal..i get the feeling there is great story there with his background.
Christina
May 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This one finishes up the SEALS inc series. I enjoyed it even though it was shorter than the rest in the series. The characters were introduced throughout the series and by the book right before this one, you already know there's a love connection between the H/h. So this one starts hot almost right away.

Jenn
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Tightly Wound is Mia Dymond's fourth book in her Seals, Inc. series. In Tightly Wound, Claire (sister to Brett) and Shadow finally get their story. Claire is a psychic working for the cops and Shadow is part of the Seals team.

I really enjoyed the story line on this one. Loved catching up on the recurring characters. Definitely recommend.
Christina Montminy
another good story....Shadow is waiting for Claire to accept his affections but Claire has a secret. She's got psychic talents that she uses to push away evil & trouble. Someone knows about Claire & is trying to get rid of her because she is picking up on their bad activities. Shadow now has to try to keep her alive.
Deannie
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This is the 5th and final book in this series and I was quite surprised at how good this book was. This couple is very sensual and dynamic. A great read for sure!!!!!!!!!! I have rated this book a 5 stars.
Helen Barnes
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I was still hoping this would out do book #2 outspoken angel but I think the author hit her peak with Max & Cameron. That said I did enjoy this book more than #3 (although I did prefer Steele to Shadow) but the plot line & action was more exciting.
Deb B
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
really great reads, plenty of laughs, well written with engaging characters ... kickass male & female leads - books 1 & 2 were my faves but i loved them all. read the series back to back and will def read more from this author soon
Tonya
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

These seals know what they want and wont stop til they have it. Claire and shadow are so great together. He can calm her when she needs it most just in time to catch a killer
Nina
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Much, much better than the previous book and I already thought Claire and Shadow's dynamic from Freaky by Nature, so this just added to that. Not a five star read for me because I just don't really connect with the writing style.
Trish
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another good book in the series. There could be another, but if there is she said it wouldn't be for a while. You get a lot of back ground info that on the characters which just adds to the story line. Why Shadow is the way he is w/Clair.
Hot Reading Mom
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Good continuance of series.
Katelyn
Jan 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, thriller
good book
Helen
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
fantastic read. i have loved all four books in this series. the characters in this series are brilliant and i really got pulled in. i hope there will be more books to come in this series
Courtney
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this series was great and I loved how it all tied together....I love happily ever after!!!!
Rachel
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a great ending to the series! I absolutely LOVED Shadow and Claire!
Samantha
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very light and fluffy I didnt really feel the menace of the bad guy but that was true for all of these books, the focus was more on the romance but thats no bad thing still a good series.
Wendy
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite of the SEALS, Inc. books. Well written. Great read.
Pam
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put this one down. Those seal boys can protect me anytime they like. I loved the mystery of who was coming for her in this book.
sheila hamblin
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy

These stories make me happy. I want to do happy dancing. Each one is better than the ok last. I'll read the next group gladly.
  • Shattered Valor (Red Team, #2)
  • Breaking Through (SEAL TEAM Heartbreakers #2)
  • The Office Slave (The Office Slave, #1) (Red Hot Fantasies, #3.1)
  • No Turning Back (Suspense Series, #3)
  • I Never Asked You to Save Me (Wakefield Romance, #3)
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • His First Noelle (Men Out of Uniform #13)
  • Who Needs a Hero? (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #0.5)
  • Deadly Target (IAD Agency #3)
  • Free Fall (Elite Force, #4)
  • Male Call  (Hot Zone #1)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Lying in Bed
  • SEAL The Deal (Special Ops: Homefront #1)
  • Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #3)
  • BB Dalton

SEALS, Inc. (5 books)
  • Leather, Lace and Rock-n-Roll (SEALS, Inc., #1)
  • Outspoken Angel (SEALS, Inc., #2)
  • Freaky By Nature (SEALS, Inc., #3)
  • The Cat's Meow (SEALS, Inc., #5)