Start by marking “Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)

Sweet Evil

(Sweet #1)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  64,519 ratings  ·  5,251 reviews

Fans of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series will be drawn to Wendy Higgins's sexy, thrilling Sweet Evil series.

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences? This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She'

Published May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Evil, please sign up.
Victoria I don't think I would recommend this book to anyone younger than 15-16. Not that I'm naive enough to think that kids younger than that aren't exposed…moreI don't think I would recommend this book to anyone younger than 15-16. Not that I'm naive enough to think that kids younger than that aren't exposed to sex, drugs, and alcohol in real life, but I simply couldn't in good conscience put this book into the hands of someone younger than that due to the mature themes it contains. Children and teenagers these days are exposed to too much too soon, and I while we can't stop that from happening, we don't have to help it along. Just my two cents. :)(less)

Jennifer Armentrout
I just realized I hadn't rated this. Dur.

Oh, wow. Loved this book. Angel books are hard to do and this one is the best. And Kaidan? Can I lick him? Heck, I'll lick Wendy. Okay. Maybe shouldn't have written that. This is why I don't do reviews. Le sigh.
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Mar 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: whiny teenage girls
Recommended to Anzu by: someone who wanted to cause me a slow and horrible death
I walked right into this one. I admit it and I know it’s my fault, and I probably deserve what I got. However, that doesn’t mean it makes it less painful.

Sweet Evil is the most idiotic book I’ve read this year. And I mean it. I totally mean it. I could tell I was going to regret getting it since page one.
Running had become my new pastime five weeks ago, after I’d read how my body is the “temple of my soul.” Healthy temple: check.

Wha??

Ok, it’s not THAT bad but I still had a feeling deep down my
FreakChiq
Jul 03, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012-release

Yes, Sweet Evil does put an original spin on all the angel/demons/nephilim stories that are out there. But nevertheless, this does not alter the fact that it’s still complete and utter rubbish. The sheer amount of ridiculousness in this 464 pages long novel is dumbfounding. I spent a great deal of time laughing in disbelief or growling in frustration because of it.

The characters are as one dimensional as a stick figure. Their behavior is odd (I don’t know of a single person who talks and acts l
Ezmirelda
I'm going to be upfront with you about this book—Sweet Evil tops the books coming out in 2012 easily. There's no way I can tell you how much I utterly adore this book, which is why I took me forever to write a proper review for it. I'll start off with why I love this book so much. Originality—finally someone who gets it right! Among all the books out there about angels and demons Sweet Evil has the most original take on them that I've read. The whole badge concept and the fact that the Nephilim ...more
Sana
Yo, listen up, this is a roast/rant review and there's going to be a fuckload of F bombs. You've been warned. And if you liked this book then don't read my review bc you're going to end up pissed off??

Guys, never in my life, have I ever something as shitty, annoying and fucking petty as this fucking book. This book made me want to cut my fucking eyeballs out and cry in annoyance and frustration. Never have I read a book this horrible, that I was to the point where it physically hurt me to turn a
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I don't know but the audio ruined it so I don't know how I feel. Damn it all!!!

Lucia
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: To all YA paranormal readers
My Anna and Kaiden:

“...but even the devout have weaknesses. The demons have to take different measures with different cultures, because some are more accepting of sin, while others are stricter. It’s all a matter of semantics and presentation. They come up with ingenious ways to promote pain and apathy, kind of like marketing schemes. Seek pleasure. Eat, drink, and be merry. Carpe diem.”

Anna is ideal student and equivalent of a good girl. She never lies, because even small harmless lie makes h
Bookish Indulgenges with b00k r3vi3ws
Anna Whitt is anything but normal and she knows it. She can see other people’s ‘feelings’ through the colour of their aura. She feels like a freak except when she is with her friend Jason. Jason eats, breathes and lives music and also has taken Anna into his fold. Around the time for her sixteenth birthday, it is through Jason that Anna meets Kaidan – the HOT drummer with no emotions that she can see/feel. Anna realizes that Kaidan is like her and they take a road trip to go and meet Anna’s fath ...more
Abbi Glines
Couldn't put it down. BUT being the hopeless romantic I am, the ending upset me. I know there will be another book in this series but the waiting is going to be tough. Excellent read though.
Zain Otoom
So, I'm not going to make a hateful rant where I just stomp on this book and throw it in a blazing fire or flush it down the toilet or ... sorry I got off track. Because, one: many of my friends loved this book; and hey, that's awesome! I wish I did too! Two: I actually was enjoying the first two hundred-ish pages.
*Note after writing the review: I know I said I'm not writing a hateful rant but I did get a bit hateful on the characters, just a heads-up!*
I did think it was ridiculous, but I was e
Evie Janelle
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
MUAHAHAHAHA! I'M FIRST!!!! In your faces!!!
Review coming soon! As soon as we get the cover art! Reviews aren't cool without pretty cover art to go with them. :D Love you, Wendy!

Edit:

Wendy...can I have permission to shake my bum in everyone's faces? Please! Please! I am anyway! *shakes bum in everyone's faces* Muahaha! Okay, so yes, Wendy's one of my best friends, and yes, I got to Beta read this awesome book, but no, I will not lie in my reviews. So when I say it's awesome, I mean it!

Wendy comb
Lisa Jayne
THREE I LOVE KAIDAN STARS.

description

First things first, this book may have a healthy helping of the sweet but it certainly delivered the evil with that cliff hanger ending. I need to get my hands all over book two in this series and luckily for me it's available to instant one-click. What a likeable, interesting and addictive young adult read. Wendy Higgins is an author who had a tale to tell and has shared it well. Packed to the brim with action, self discovery and a simmering attraction between good and
Sandra
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my GOODNESS!
Seriously Ms. Wiggins I don't know how you do it but you made my legs like jelly again!
I WANT TO RIP YOUR CLOTHES OFF KAIDAN!

funny gifs

I love Kaidan's POV. I hope that there will be more shorts on his POV. :)
How can I have just read this now? Thank you Pang for letting me know about these shorts!

Merged review:

“What are you going to do?”
“Nothing that would compromise your virtue and have Patti hunting me down.”

----------------------------------------------------
If an angel and the devil w
Danny
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: imm-april12
Review posted at Bewitched Bookworms

You know why I love reading? It’s because of books like this! This book seriously blew me away with it’s epic awesomness! Remember last week when I was raving and fangirling over Of Poseidon? Be aware, this will happen again, right now!

*takes a deep breath*

A Tale of Goodness and Evil, packed with an Epic Love Story
Sweet Evil is a story about evil and an epic forbidden love story! Anna was always able to see the aura of other people and she knew she was differ
Victoria
More like 2.5 stars. (A very generous rating)

First of all, I'm going to say this is not a bad book. It has a lot of flaws (Come on, every book has its flaws and merits.), but it also has a interesting take on angels, nephilim, and demons. That's probably the only thing I was looking forward to reading Sweet Evil. Sweet Evil was a very frustrating read and I mean the-hair-pulling-and-throwing-the-book-across-the-wall-frustration.

First, I had some problems with the characters. (Actually, minus tha
Laz
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: angel lovers and such
A very well-written ya-paranormal novel about Angels and Demons as we've never seen them before. I liked the plot, and I liked the pace and how the heroine matured and developed throughout the book, and it's just the first novel in the series so character development at that level was not something I expected and it surprised me nicely.

Anna Whitt can see everyone's emotions, she can see and feel their feelings. Whatever that may be. It used to make her vulnerable but that's just history now. She
Kristalia
Final rating: 2/5 stars

Sweet evil quote

“...there is no way of truly knowing one’s heart until one is put to the test.”

⚠ Rewritten the review.

This book didn't work out for me. Seriously, the hell did i just read? It was so wrong, and on so many levels. I have no other idea how to say this. But this book is just wrong. I wanted to love this book, but we were not meant to be.

LIKED:
☑ world building and idea in general

DISLIKED:
☒ Characters, especially Anna. Although, for everyone else, most of them were
Jess
Jul 09, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
description

I must be masochistic. I knew how much I hated this, and yet I still managed to will myself and complete the book. Now, I’ve learnt an invaluable lesson from this: don’t get carried away when a friend slogans the book as “the best thing I’ve ever read”. It’s like flipping a coin; you’ve got a fifty-fifty chance. You either love it and spend the rest of eternity fist-pumping your friend, or you will hate it and entertain yourself with dreams of flushing the story out of your mind, never mentionin
Gianne
At a glance, Sweet Evil seems like another young adult paranormal romance book. And to be honest, it is... but Sweet Evil is just so much more than that! It's completely amazing and I'm pretty sure this review will not do any justice to how much praise this book truly deserves.

One of my favorite things about Sweet Evil is the world building. She took a very simple, basic concept and twisted it into something brand new and refreshing! Throughout the book, I couldn't help but think, "What if this
Ashley
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-kindle-read
first read: October 3 & 4, 2015
first reread: September 11 - 17, 2016

first reread review: I actually enjoyed it a lot more the second time around. And I am going straight into book 2! yay!

original review: Not sure of a rating....its hovering somewhere between 3 and 4....so lets just say 3.5 and call it good.

I am not really sure on a review. My feelings for this book are all jumbled up inside my head at the moment. I didn't love this book. I didn't find it amazing, I didn't find myself wrapped
Alexa ❤️
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, 4-stars
4.5 Stars

I love Wendy Higgins's take on the nephilieum genre. Having each person belonging to a sin - which isn't limited to the seven deadly sins and having to work for their fathers.
I love Belial (Anna's father) he reminds me of a tough biker dude with a soft spot for Anna and her mother.
Overall I'm definitely on team Kaiden! I do like Kopano as well but he has nothing on Kaiden
Whitney
You can also see this review on my blog here. :D

Where to start... Well, I'd like to say first of all, that this was disappointing. I was expecting way more out of this book from the positive reviews I've been seeing all over the net. Some of you may know that I hardly ever down a book. But this just didn't cut it for me. It had definite flaws all throughout the book that were cliche and just downright frustrating.

Photobucket

As for the history/plot in the book, I think it was the only thing that kept me re
Meli
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA readers, paranormal romance lovers
*Clears throat*
Thank you Wendy, thank you for releasing this Sweet Evil Extra #2. I can now say that I am officially in love with a fictional character. Thanks to you Wendy Higgins. Thank you.

*Steps off soapbox*

I LOVE YOU KAIDAN!!!!

PD: I knew it! he loves her!! I knew it!!...lalalalala..lalalala...

OH DEAR GOD!!!

I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!! KAIDAN LIKES ANNA. KAIDAN LOVES ANNA!! *singing the happy song*

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!! with all my heart,body,brain,internal orga
Riley
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was highly addicting. I kept picking it up, planning on only reading a chapter or two, then realizing I had read 100 pages. I just couldn't ever put it down. I really like the mythology. It made the story more unique from other demon/angel books I've read. The main characters were nothing special and kind of the typical YA tropes but I still found myself caring about them and liking them. I loved the side characters! They all had a lot of depth. Overall this was a very addicting story and I ...more
Pang
What's happend with my reviews on this series?
Um.. I might edit them soon.

Merged review:

I don’t know what to say about this gift. I know just I f*love it. This is PERFECT gift for me on Oct * Halloween month *. I don’t know before that Kai is very painful...

Tell you the truth, when I read this, I cry more than when I read Halloween scene in Sweet Evil. I felt prickle. I cry, cry and cry as if crazy. I want to know so bad ‘ Wendy! Were you cry while you writing this ? ’ Oh.. my lord… My heart t
Rane

One word can sum up this whole book for me: Captivating

As I started this book I thought it be about an angel falling in love, Wendy Higgins quickly throws anything I might of had about this book out the window and created an amazing tale of a young Nephilim, Anna Whitt, who doesn't know what she is, only that her senses are super hype, and she's able to see and feel emotions. Until she meets a drummer (stud muffin) Kaidan Rowe and everything she knows is turned on her head and the life she mus
Pearl Angeli
"I was in love with him. And there wasn't a thing on earth, in heaven, or in hell that could have stopped me."

Can I start this review by saying that I'm totally fangirling right now? I love it so much! And I therefore conclude that Kaidan Rowe is my new book boyfriend!

Oh my God.. It's so hard to think of better words to describe my feelings for this book. First off, I really had high expectations with it since it has high ratings here in GR. Guess what? It actually exceeded my expectations. I
Kate ♡
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
BLOG REVIEW

Actual Rating:
Can I be really annoyingly specific and say 4.45/5? ;)

I read a quote in this book that simply resonated with me and, I felt described the deeper meaning of every other word that was written on these pages:

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven"

I loved this book, and the reason it's only getting 4 stars is because I strongly believe the other two novels in this trilogy will be even bette
Tuba Özkat
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ya bu çok tatlıydı!

Kitapları manyak gibi okuduğum dönemlerdeki gibi hissettim. Alacakaranlık furyasından sonra ona benzeyen tonlarca kitap çıktı, kimisi kopyası gibiydi, kimisi ondan daha da iyiydi, kimisi basitti. Ama şöyle bir şey vardı, ben hepsini severek okuyordum. Sonra ara verip başka kitap türlerine yöneldim ettim, ama çok acayip özlemişim. Bu kitapla anladım :)

Eğlenceli, merak uyandıran ve kendini sevdiren bir kitap.

Anna on altı yaşında bir genç kız ve her zaman farklı özellikleri ol
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Toxic (Denazen, #2)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
  • Immortal City (Immortal City, #1)
  • Illuminate (Gilded Wings, #1)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Forbidden
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn #1)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • The Collector (Dante Walker, #1)
Wendy Higgins is the USA Today and NY Times bestselling author of the SWEET EVIL series from HarperTeen, the high fantasy duology THE GREAT HUNT, her independently published Irish Fantasy SEE ME, and her indie NA science fiction UNKNOWN trilogy.
After earning a Creative Writing degree from George Mason University and a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Radford, Wendy taught high school Eng

Sweet (4 books)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.” 554 likes
“I know I’m just a human woman, but so help me, if anything happens to her while she’s with you—”
“I assure you she’ll be in good hands.”
“Mm-hm, that’s part of what I’m worried about.” She pointed at his hands. “Hands off, mister.”
425 likes