Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 2 (The Promise, #2)” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 2 (The Promise, #2)

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 2

(The Promise #2)

The Avatar's greatest adventure continues!

Aang and Katara work tirelessly to prevent a dispute between Fire Lord Zuko and Earth King Kuei that could plunge the world back into war! Meanwhile, Sokka helps Toph prepare her hapless first class of metalbending students to defend their school against a rival class of firebenders!
Published May 30th 2012 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avatar

Iryna *Book and Sword*
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
For the review of the whole mini series, and more reviews, please visit my book blog

4.5/5 stars rounded up

This was even better than the first one.
Full of lessons that were so prevalent in Avatar, The Promise part 2 is a treasure for all of the true Avatar fans.
Can't wait to see what the conclusion brings.
description (
Sokka is the greatest, just saying.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Alexandra Elend Wolf
"Metal is just a part of the earth that's been purified and refined. But how does it becomes like that? By getting heated, melted, and pounded. By going through pressure and pain."

That got intense real quick. I started this second issue been a bit concerned... ok, a lot, about how things were gonna progress since the way things ended in the last one was not very reassuring, and I end it even more concern.

Yes, I already know how things are bound to end -thanks Legend of Korra - but the
GrilledCheeseSamurai (Scott)
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easily as good as part 1, although I could do without all the ‘sweetie’ comments. I especially enjoyed the developments towards the end of this volume and the cliff-hanger ending!

So happy I decided to give these books a try. I was craving the fun I had with the Airbender tv show up & these books definitely have the same vibe and fun level!
Jahanzaib Asim
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A war?!?!
These are good.
And Toph is still a bad-posterior.
On to the finale.
Faye
This was pretty enjoyable, but still had the sickeningly sweet romance that was in the first book. And there were some other small things I didn't like.

Katara and Aang still call each other sweetie, and Katara even gets jealous when they go to a fan club for Aang, full of excited, squealy girls. Based on what I saw from the TV show, I doubt that the romanca would move from a random kiss to calling each other those sorts of names. Nobody really uses those terms when they're in a relationship. Ol
Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧
"Promises shouldn't be broken. Not ever."
Another great Avatar: The Last Airbender graphic novel! I loved the storyline of The Promise: Part Two, particularly because it featured two of my favourite ATLA characters: Zuko and Toph. I just love Zuko so so much. He is a precious smol bean. Bless him.

description

Brittany
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS FOR AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER SHOW!

The men in this graphic novel/show I swear. I can feel my heart breaking a little as I read this. I absolutely love Zuko and he is going through so much in this graphic novel. At the same time, I find that I appreciate the fact that Zuko is going through all this. He has always struggled with the line between good and evil and I am loving seeing him struggle with it a bit as it makes him more human.
This part of the graphic novel was about trying to r
Shravanthi
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sigh...what wouldn't I give to be trained under Toph! This graphic novel was beautifully scripted and illustrated. All my favourite characters coming back, just a teensy-tiny bit older (view spoiler) and having their epic adventures :)

Excellent!
Sophia
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Second Read:
This volume sets up the tension within the Avatar world. The Earth and Fire Kingdoms are on the brink of war and Aang is caught in the middle. Zuko has some tough choices ahead though his story lines are always awesome! On a brighter note, Toph and Sokka have some pretty cool moments with Toph's students. This issue felt exactly like an episode from the animated series, it was so good and makes me so excited to read the conclusion!

First Read:
Wow okay so this comic took me almost 3 mo
CYNTHIA °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
I honestly love Toph (@ ̄¬ ̄@)
Camila
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better than part one! These are just so much fun, and I’ve been missing the show lately and these are perfect for dealing with that.
Ronyell

Introduction:

After reading part one of “Avatar the Last Airbender: The Promise,” I was excited to check out the second part of this fantastic series and I was definitely not disappointed by the results of this volume!

What is this story about?

In this volume, after Fire Lord Zuko turns down the Harmony Restoration Movement for the Earth Kingdom, there seems to be an impeding war brewing between Zuko and Earth King Kuei and it is up to Aang and Katara to prevent that war from happening! Meanw
Don
So many funny parts in this one. Manly were Sokka is concerned.

But I think the build up for the potential war was being overshadowed by the metalbending school rivalry scenes and Aang and Katara's visit to see the Earth King. It was nonetheless, very amusing and appealing, I quite liked Aang's little marble Scooters. So cute. And OMG little Zuko, in Ozai's memory, But hold the phone are they trying to back us feel sorry for him? Well it worked on me.

We only get snap shot scenes of Zuko kind of
Dzemo Sh
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I really love these Avatar graphic-novels. They're a great way to dive back into the world of The Last Airbender, and they're just very fun.

The story continues with Aang trying to calm tensions between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom. Zuko is having struggles with his identity, while Katara is going through some jealous phases over other girls swooning over Aang.

On the more funny and lighthearted note, I really liked the Sokka and Toph story line. It was very refreshing and funny to read a
Ben Wright
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this second part. It was good to see the characters begin to head towards the roles they'd play in Legend of Korra, while also giving a character who was quite one dimensional in the show some development, which made my feelings towards him change. Overall I really enjoyed this.
Rottgrl88
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elemental

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Cliff hanger!!!!!!!!!!! Have to continue, now! This is fantastic. I highly recommend these graphic novels. These stories are great.
Jen • Just One More Page

Review for all three parts under the cut.
(view spoiler)
Clara
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What I enjoyed most about this,was that it took off exactly where the series ended. Also, they mentioned specific happenings and characters which only an "educated" Avatar fan would know the correct answer for. In comparison to "Smoke and Shadow", the characters were given their whole personality in depth. And example can be seen in Toph, who is a bad-ass young girl with a sensible heart. To sum up this review: it is wonderful and I am gonna stop reviewing now so I can read the next part.
Cath
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
4/5 stars.
Not much to say about this one, still really enjoyable. Aang and Katara are literally my favourite couple ever and I weep when they're together.
It's sad to see Zuko struggling with being the Fire Lord, but it's so realistic too. All through the show he was questioning what he would do, and now he is!

Onto part three!
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Love the overload of sass in this book! When Sokka and Toph team up, there is no stopping the hilarious one-liners.
I just adore seeing Aang and Katara together. So cute!
Charlotte Anne Hamilton
[[4 STARS]]

purely as punishment cos Zuko broke my heart in this one and i wanted to slap him upside the head but couldn't. i love these idiots so much omg
Banny Carstairs
Nov 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved every single page of it.
Stacie (MagicOfBooks)
I will also do a video review here at my channel: http://www.youtube.com/magicofbooks

"The Promise" part 2 continues a fascinating story set in the world of "Avatar: The Last Airbender." Tensions are high not only between the nations, but also between the characters. The thing is, no one is really wrong in their opinions which makes it difficult even as a reader. Considering this is probably targeted more towards kids, the subject matter is pretty heavy. Though I did enjoy part 2, I do feel like
Aleksandra
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this volume a lot! My favorite part was Sokka & Toph & the students! Great wholesome uplifting arc.
The rest of the troubles are a mess, very realistically written political mess and games for power. I liked it and I'm very curious to see how the issue will be resolved. Also I liked the subplot about girl Kori and her struggles when people ask/demand her to choose between the heritage of her father(fire nation) and her mother (earth nation).
The question of choice is very prominent
Ramona
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need to try and contrict myself to reading one of these a day, otherwise it'll be over too soon and I'm not ready for that :D These comics capture the humour of the TV Show perfectly and I just wish they would continue the show...I just ordered the next three comics...but these are so expensive. I love them and they are great and the comics and the show are just perfect for escaping reality for a while, which I long to do! The artwork, too, is just amazing!!
Xiomy's Book Tales
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy that we got to explore more of Toph's metalbending school and her lily livers uhh I mean students! It was fascinating to hear how she sensed something in them to become metalbenders!

Plus Sokka with his motivational bending had me laughing a lot! Katara's jealousy felt reminiscent to that episode in book 1 it had me rolling my eyes! But they love each other so I'll let it slide!

Wish there was more of Zuko but I get that were following these heroes on their own separate journeys!
Morgan
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5/5 stars

This first run of the ATLA graphic novels is enjoyable and nostalgic but I do feel as though the storytelling in this second volume teeters on wish fulfillment and I felt things fell into place a little cheesily, but also this is definitely intended for middle-grade readers so that's something to I took into consideration while reading this. I loved getting to spend more time with these characters that I've loved for years.
Lizor
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love love the way this is going. I think it's very interesting the way they talk about the aftermath of war and how to deal with this. It works very well and it also makes a lot of sense. I wish these comics were entire seasons of 10000 episodes, because ugh I love Avatar so much. Instantly buys next volume.
Emily
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Zuko continues to make bad decisions (just stop Zuko!), Katang meets Avatar fans girls throwing jealousy into the relationship, Sokka is apparently a "Motivation Bender" 😂, the earth king grows a backbone, and Mai breaks it off with Zuko (Yay, but it will never last).
Liddell
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
That was amazing!
I loved Sokka and Toph interactions. They are so funny and clever. I really liked that Sokka is the... Motivational Bender. Also, Toph is very wise.
Besides, those chats between Zuko and his father. I thought Zuko wouldn't get anything from him.

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer and the Great Puppet Theater
  • The Sign of the Black Rock (Three Thieves, #2)
  • Tune: Vanishing Point (Tune, #1)
  • Another Castle: Grimoire
  • The Lost Scrolls: Fire
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Scrolls Collection
  • Princeless, Vol. 5: Make Yourself
  • Monstress #6
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He

The Promise (3 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 1 (The Promise, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)