Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 2 (The Promise, #2)” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 2 (The Promise, #2)

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 2

(Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics #1.2)

The Avatar's greatest adventure continues!

Aang and Katara work tirelessly to prevent a dispute between Fire Lord Zuko and Earth King Kuei that could plunge the world back into war! Meanwhile, Sokka helps Toph prepare her hapless first class of metalbending students to defend their school against a rival class of firebenders!
Published May 30th 2012 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avatar

Start your review of Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 2 (The Promise, #2)
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
For the review of the whole mini series, and more reviews, please visit my book blog

4.5/5 stars rounded up

This was even better than the first one.
Full of lessons that were so prevalent in Avatar, The Promise part 2 is a treasure for all of the true Avatar fans.
Can't wait to see what the conclusion brings.
description (
Sokka is the greatest, just saying.

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
Rating: 4.5
Alexandra Elend Wolf
"Metal is just a part of the earth that's been purified and refined. But how does it becomes like that? By getting heated, melted, and pounded. By going through pressure and pain."

That got intense real quick. I started this second issue been a bit concerned... ok, a lot, about how things were gonna progress since the way things ended in the last one was not very reassuring, and I end it even more concern.

Yes, I already know how things are bound to end -thanks Legend of Korra - but the
(inactive)
why can’t y’all just go to group therapy or something smh no one was acting like themself in this 😔 everyone needs to take some time to hold hands and talk
maité
Sep 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 / 5

my poor baby zuko 🥺
GrilledCheeseSamurai (Scott)
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easily as good as part 1, although I could do without all the ‘sweetie’ comments. I especially enjoyed the developments towards the end of this volume and the cliff-hanger ending!

So happy I decided to give these books a try. I was craving the fun I had with the Airbender tv show up & these books definitely have the same vibe and fun level!
Jahanzaib Asim
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A war?!?!
These are good.
And Toph is still a bad-posterior.
On to the finale.
Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
Aug 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Again, I read this a while back, so I can't accurately say that I was surprised or anything, but there was one particular scene in here that was burned into my memories and I have never been able to forget. (view spoiler)

I did really like the parts with the metalbending students and Zuko's turmoil. I actually don't think I've read volume 3 before, so... here we go. 4/5 stars.
Faye
This was pretty enjoyable, but still had the sickeningly sweet romance that was in the first book. And there were some other small things I didn't like.

Katara and Aang still call each other sweetie, and Katara even gets jealous when they go to a fan club for Aang, full of excited, squealy girls. Based on what I saw from the TV show, I doubt that the romanca would move from a random kiss to calling each other those sorts of names. Nobody really uses those terms when they're in a relationship. Ol
Sonja ✧・゚。★・゚☾
"Promises shouldn't be broken. Not ever."
Another great Avatar: The Last Airbender graphic novel! I loved the storyline of The Promise: Part Two, particularly because it featured two of my favourite ATLA characters: Zuko and Toph. I just love Zuko so so much. He is a precious smol bean. Bless him.

description

James DeSantis
Sep 05, 2020 rated it liked it
This one picks up where the last one left off. Aang and Katara go on their adventure to speak to the earth kingdom leaders. Toph trains her new recruits. Zuko deals with more political decisions with his father. The zuko stuff is easily the strongest bit, and getting more of his past is interesting. Aang stuff is good, funny here and there. Toph, who I usually love, gets a dull story here. While good, not as strong as volume 1.
Antoine Bandele
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tooth’s students get sort of annoying and one-note, but everything else is solid. Zuko speaking with his father was great, the growing conflict between Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom was fabulous. There’s even nuance and fractures within each faction which was nice to see.
Shravanthi
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sigh...what wouldn't I give to be trained under Toph! This graphic novel was beautifully scripted and illustrated. All my favourite characters coming back, just a teensy-tiny bit older (view spoiler) and having their epic adventures :)

Excellent!
∘⁖⁎⋆Noor⋆✶⁎∘
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aang is lowkey annoying me
Sophia
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Second Read:
This volume sets up the tension within the Avatar world. The Earth and Fire Kingdoms are on the brink of war and Aang is caught in the middle. Zuko has some tough choices ahead though his story lines are always awesome! On a brighter note, Toph and Sokka have some pretty cool moments with Toph's students. This issue felt exactly like an episode from the animated series, it was so good and makes me so excited to read the conclusion!

First Read:
Wow okay so this comic took me almost 3 mo
Brittany
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SPOILERS FOR AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER SHOW!

The men in this graphic novel/show I swear. I can feel my heart breaking a little as I read this. I absolutely love Zuko and he is going through so much in this graphic novel. At the same time, I find that I appreciate the fact that Zuko is going through all this. He has always struggled with the line between good and evil and I am loving seeing him struggle with it a bit as it makes him more human.
This part of the graphic novel was about trying to r
cynthia ✨
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I honestly love Toph (@ ̄¬ ̄@)
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Jun 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2020
Amazeballs!!!
Camila ☼
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better than part one! These are just so much fun, and I’ve been missing the show lately and these are perfect for dealing with that.
Ronyell

Introduction:

After reading part one of “Avatar the Last Airbender: The Promise,” I was excited to check out the second part of this fantastic series and I was definitely not disappointed by the results of this volume!

What is this story about?

In this volume, after Fire Lord Zuko turns down the Harmony Restoration Movement for the Earth Kingdom, there seems to be an impeding war brewing between Zuko and Earth King Kuei and it is up to Aang and Katara to prevent that war from happening! M
Don
So many funny parts in this one. Manly were Sokka is concerned.

But I think the build up for the potential war was being overshadowed by the metalbending school rivalry scenes and Aang and Katara's visit to see the Earth King. It was nonetheless, very amusing and appealing, I quite liked Aang's little marble Scooters. So cute. And OMG little Zuko, in Ozai's memory, But hold the phone are they trying to back us feel sorry for him? Well it worked on me.

We only get snap shot scenes of Zuko kind of
Dzemo Sh
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I really love these Avatar graphic-novels. They're a great way to dive back into the world of The Last Airbender, and they're just very fun.

The story continues with Aang trying to calm tensions between the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom. Zuko is having struggles with his identity, while Katara is going through some jealous phases over other girls swooning over Aang.

On the more funny and lighthearted note, I really liked the Sokka and Toph story line. It was very refreshing and funny to read a
Yaiza
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had missed Toph Beifong
Aranza ♡︎
Jun 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Zuko keeps struggling to keep everything on balance (and failing miserably. Honestly, same), Toph and her students are about to fight for their right to be at their school (with Sokka’s help) and Aang and Katara make the trip to Ba Sing Se, to meet with the Earth King to figure out what to do next (warning: it doesn’t go well).

Tensions are growing. Will the avatar fail to keep his hard-won peace?

Loving these issues. Seeing Zuko struggling to do the right thing is just so him, for real. Sukko a
Ginger
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
~3.5 stars~
Gretal
Jun 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
still too much usage of "sweetie," but I'm really enjoying the story aside from that ...more
tammy
Jun 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020, rated-3-star
”you are the fire lord. what you choose, by definition, is right.”

everything but ozai and zuko’s convo and mai’s cameo were meh
Naomi Taylor
This was a really cute read too. But then again, it’s hard to go wrong with avatar. They just put so much thought and effort into the details of their stories and it really pays off.
Mieke
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owls-april-2020
JIKES THAT CLIFFHNAGER.

I LIVE FOR TOPH BEING A TEACHER.
Meisa
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Y’all need to make better choices.

• Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 2 (Imbalance, #2)
  • Imbalance, Part 3 (Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 1 (Imbalance, #1)
  • Katara and the Pirate's Silver (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #0.5)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Three (Ruins of the Empire, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • Avatar The Last Airbender: The Art of the Animated Series
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Toph Beifong's Metalbending Academy (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • The Lost Scrolls: Water
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
  • Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #6)
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He

Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics (6 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Rift (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Smoke and Shadow (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #4)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #5)
  • Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #6)