Start by marking “Damien: Omen II” as Want to Read:
Damien: Omen II

Damien: Omen II

(The Omen #2)

Little by little, one of the world's most powerful families is being destroyed. And no one seems to know why. Those who suspect the truth do not live to reveal it. — Only thirteen-year-old Damien Thorn seems immune from the bizarre accidents claiming the lives of those around him. Damien, whose own father tried to kill him seven years ago... Damien, whose loving foster fam ...more
Published October 1st 1978 by Signet (first published 1978)

Peter
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
Absolute must read if you know the first part! One of the all time horror classics. What can I say? It's pretty scary, pageturning, the eternal good vs evil. After the book please also watch the movies. Books and movies are very close. The interesting thing is things omitted in the movies are discussed in the boos. Clear recommendation. You won't regret reading this story!
 (shan) Littlebookcove
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
So I was on the second book of one of the most famous fiction antichrist Saga's known the Damien Omen saga there was 6 book's written by different authors i'm not going sit here and say the book's were based on the film or vice versa when I don't know. The thing I do know is though, is the sega is amazing, it has that kind of retro Horror feel about it that has been copied a lot, but this is the original and it's held it's craze as a classic.

Damien is now 13 in this book. And for some reason doe
Dyuti
Nov 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
I had bought this book from a second-hand book shop ages ago. It was one of those quaint and dark little bookstores, at the corner of the road, you never knew existed until someone brought it to your notice. So, the experience of buying it from such a place definitely added to the creepiness of the book.

I remember I was still in my pre-teens or early teens when this happened, and I ended up liking the book quite a lot. I had the seen the first movie, so I could comprehend the flow of events quit
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
This is an older book penned in the late 70's. I've always been a rabid fan of the Omen trilogy (I leave out the abominable fourth), and have over the years located the original movie-to-book adaption. When I saw this one I also had to have it to follow continuance in book form. Interestingly this book had advertisements for cigarettes in the center, which I haven't even seen before in books older than it.

Anyway, if you're familiar with the movie, you already know the book's story, for of course
David Veith
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25. Almost as fun as the 1st, but just a bit too fast paced. Also lots more deaths, as to be accepted in a sequel.
Thomas Amo
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in high school after I had seen the film starring William Holden and Lee Grant. I read the book because I wanted more insight on the characters, but it was basically a rehash of the screenplay. Hollywood was doing this a lot in the late 1970s with films, turning them into books after the fact. I remember this with was the same with The Hindenburg, Omen III, Halloween, Escape from New York. Regardless, I bought them all, because I loved the films. So not much of a review, but 5 s ...more
Lilet
May 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
I don't read the Omen I, but i can say that without reading the first book you can easily cope up with this second book. And the story is so thrilling!!!
David Nicholls
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I have never seen the films or read any of the other books, so I have no real frame of reference as far as the wider story goes. But, all in all this was an enjoyable little read. I had to take a trip to hospital and found Damien: Omen II in a charity shop for the princely sum of 50p, and it is safe to say that I got my money's worth.
The story follows Damien Thorn as he comes to the realisation of who he really is (the Anti-Christ), it isn't particularly scary and doesn't capture the creepiness
Kenneth Starcher
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
It took me a long time to finally go past the first OMEN story. After reading David Seltzer's original novel, I decided to read all the OMEN books, even though the second and third ones are novelizations of the films. I really enjoyed this second book, and I felt in many ways it was actually better than the film it was written after. Damien is now approaching the age of 13, and he his learning about who he really is. Meanwhile, mysterious, "accidental" deaths keep happening to those who try to g ...more
Muhemed Masika
Jul 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
At the end of each prayer is your amen
So isn t omen
Earth?
There is more than one planet
The only other omen would be the sun
2 balls
The others doing what there suppose to
You would never know
But there your first omens
Read and learn anyway
This book faces the other way for its not right
BappaRoy
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read the book and watched the movie. Both were top notch.
Laura Brose
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great, well-written horror!
Linda
As with the first book in the series, I love this book. I've read it several times and it never gets boring. A fantastic read.
Brian Gatto
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jaime Contreras
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was a fair adaptation of the screenplay/movie. This is the sequel to The Omen and focuses on the trials of a the teenage son of Satan, Damien. It is clunky at times and a mishmash of genres, teen coming of age, horror and thriller Predictably, it was dry at times and overdone because it tries to add too much. Substantive plot and multi-dimensional characters were sacrificed for violence and mayhem. I read it but was disappointed.
Brittany
Aug 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sequels, thrillers
I did not like the writing. The author used far too many exclamation points at the least proper moments. It was like he was excited about so and so dying a terrible death. I did, however, love the story and the characters. All fantastic <3
Camille McCarthy
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
I haven't seen the movie but it might be better to watch the movie than read the book, since the book is based on the screenplay. It was entertaining and short but not very well-written and pretty silly. I think the movie would play much better than this book.
Nazar
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favourite films and book. Easy to read and the scenes are described well. The book is short. I would have preferred a longer book, giving more insight into the characters. On this occasion I feel the film was the better version.
Staci Johnson
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pretty obvious that both books lead up to the final conflict but I could not help myself - I consider it a good thriller. Damien Omen II by Joseph Howard
Zenei
Jun 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommended to Zenei by: Rated 4
Haven't read this book in so long and it is on my to read again list (however not very high on the list so it will be awhile). The one thing I do remember is that out of all three books, this one is the least scariest. However I will update my review after I read this again.
Carmen Dustoff
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Excellent writing. Very scary. Better than the first one in the trilogy, actually. The menace grows and grows until the explosion is upon us. Couldn't put it down.
bluetyson
isbn,original
Anissa Ostermiller
Aug 15, 2007 rated it it was ok
This was a good book, quick reading. I remembered a lot from the movie.
আহসানুল হক শোভন
One of the scariest book I ever read. Loved it.
John Henery
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This wasn't a bad book but it was just a straight forward movie adaptation. So your really not missing much by skipping the book and watching the movie.
Kyla
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved this book as a kid.
Victor Orozco
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A faithful adaptation. A few minor deviations from the movie. I do like that the characterizations are more richer as a novel. B
Vijai Jayaram
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
faithful to the movie and a quick chilling read. really enjoyed this one. will transport u back to the time u saw the movie.
Johny Thomas Kariath
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
had to read it... praise be to the original omen. not a bad sequel
Lee Bice-Matheson
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Omen series scared me because of the evil illustrated so life like. And those dogs...

• The Final Conflict: Omen III (The Omen #3)
  • The Howling
  • Halloween
  • Carrie / 'Salem's Lot / The Shining
  • The Sentinel
  • The Omen
  • Night of the Living Dead: Behind the Scenes of the Most Terrifying Zombie Movie Ever
  • Night of the Living Dead
  • Audrey Rose
  • The Wolfen
  • Ghost House Revenge
  • Legion
  • The Amityville Horror II
  • Outcast, Vol. 5: The New Path
  • ছায়াশ্বাপদ (তিন গোয়েন্দা, #৪)
  • Clive Barker's Hellraiser: Collected Best I
  • Shadows
  • The Fog

The Omen (5 books)
  • The Omen
  • The Final Conflict: Omen III (The Omen #3)
  • Armageddon 2000: Omen IV