Start by marking “Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack!” as Want to Read:
Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack!

Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack!

(Wonder Woman)

Led by Wonder Woman's mother, Queen Hippolyta, the Amazons mount an all-out assault on the USA, as the world's heroes form a desperate alliance to try to stop them!

Collects AMAZONS ATTACK! #1-6.
Published December 5th 2007 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Wonder Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wonder Woman

Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Complete and utter sh!t. The editing completely ruins what story there is; what's left is a bunch of characters either acting wildly out of character or like morons. And WHERE DA FRAK WAS WONDER WOMAN???

Probably THE WORST comic I've read - this month, this year, possibly ever.

Full Review:

In a series of utterly contrived circumstances, the Amazons, a peaceful, honorable society led by Queen Hippolyta, completely act out of character, ally with Circe (who is their long-time ENEMY - s
Sarah Churchill
So many problems. I'll come back later when I'm not in a reading marathon.
Jeff
May 28, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Future editorial bullpen rules on how to create a company wide cross-over title will begin "Do everything opposite of Amazon Attacks." This is, simply, the worst, laziest effort at a cross-over I have seen by any comic book company.

Where to begin? First, this accumulated volume suffers greatly from a terrible editorial policy wherein the cross-over title contains little of the primary action or plot elements that push along the major story-arc. Most primary plot twists and developments took plac
Julio Bonilla
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The War is Over.

This story has a faster pace as opposed to the previous graphic novel. The president is involved. Even Cassie & Kara make an appearance in one chapter. Who is pulling the strings??? Circe? Queen Hippolyta? The Bana? Find out in Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack! ⚔

FLIPPING INTENSE!

Brad
Apr 30, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, dc
Anja Braun
May 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to give this book at least a 3. I'm a big Wonder Woman fan but I can't. This book has a linked storyline to Love and Murder. Circe brings back Queen Hippolyta, tells her that the government has her daughter and that they are torturing WW to find out the Amazon's secrets. Hippolyta declares war on Amercia. I really don't see the Amazons killing innocent women and children. Something that bugged me to no end Where did the giants & dinosaur things come from? To me this book just ...more
Claire
Jun 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
A fair amount of Wonder Woman's storyline occurs outside of this book which I found disappointing.

I thought this volume followed Wonder Woman: Love and Murder (Wonder Woman #6-10), but Amazons Attack! is apparently it's own run of Amazons Attack! #1-6. It actually backtracks the storyline a bit with plot elements that occurred in Love and Murder interspersed within Amazons Attack which is a bit confusing.

Perhaps Wonder Woman #11-13 aren't collected in a graphic novel since Wonder Woman: The Circ
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was ok
Very silly book that in my opinion, should have never been published.
Cara
Feb 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics
No, just . . . no.

I don't believe I've read anything else by Will Pfeiffer, so I can't speak to who he is as a writer or a person, but, man, this reads like he hates strong women (I'm not saying that he does--just that this reads like that). Let's just start with the first four pages (which include a 2-page splash of the Amazon army): in about 13 individual panels, 2 Amazon soldiers kill a father and young (maybe 10?) boy at the Lincoln Memorial, for just being there. So, a nation of women that
Stephanie
First off let me just scream out GRANNY GOODNESS!! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS BOOK?????

I'm giving the book 2 stars because it actually started off rather well and I was willing to over look certain things but then it became one of the most convoluted WW stories I have ever read.

That being said this was more a JLA book, I mean a veritable who's who of the JLA showed up. Bats, Supe, Black Canary, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Power Girl, Wonder Girl and Martian Manhunter to name a few.

Circe brings Hi
Shawna Hunter
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
*Heavy sigh*

Comic books always do this don't they? interesting characters, exciting action, complex story threads....all leading to the same damn place. The day is saved for now but the big bad is coming.

In this story Wonder Woman's mother attacks America for...reasons that seem to change on a dime (I think the writer couldn't decide).

This leads to a savage, brutal war that we see in broad strokes.

It all comes down to a final showdown, no a reveal, no a deus ex machina, no a double swerve.

Its a
Patrick
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Amazons Attack! is a disjointed tale of mass murder and incomplete storylines. A fair bit of this event happens outside the pages of this book, as it is a crossover that spans multiple titles. So just nod along while the characters explain their respective resolutions rather than reading as they unfold.

This is isn't Wonder Woman at her finest. This is hardly even Wonder Woman at her most present. She'll stop by once or twice, but mostly you're treated to Amazons butchering the shit out of innoc
Shelby
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars because this book was ok book to read
Yolanda Sfetsos
Mar 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
When we went to the library yesterday, hubby found this book and because he knows I love Wonder Woman, he showed it to me. Of course, I had to borrow it and decided to get stuck into it today.

Circe resurrect Queen Hippolyta and when she asks about her daughter Diana, Circe tells her the American government has her. The queen then declares war on mankind by unleashing the Amazons on American soil to destroy them. While the Justice League tries to protect humans and Wonder Woman confronts her moth
Jeane
Oct 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
I have never disliked a Wonder Woman book, until now. There as something very wrong with the way this book was portrayed women, like strong women have no self control, no intelligence and can't do anything right unless they have a man to lead the (enter Superman and Batman). No, I did not like this book at all.
Jamyra
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! If you find this book, read it
Cass Winters
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
The biggest flaw of this graphic novel collection is that it becomes very apparent that you are missing part of the story by not reading whatever tie-ins DC made along with this event. It appears many of these could have occurred within certain titles published at the time (i.e. teen titans, wonder woman, and supergirl seem like the obvious choices based on content). This lack of a full story makes for uneven reading and takes away some of the overall enjoyment of reading a Wonder Woman event. T ...more
Todd
This feels incomplete. Key scenes are missing/happen in other comics and it is awful. The story could be good, but it isn’t and that sucks?

And where were The Flashes? I don’t remember one showing up.
Ashley Cully
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-of-2018
Ok, I agree with lot of the other reviewers that the editing did take away some interesting parts of the story. Those parts should have been elaborated on. However, I enjoyed the overall story. I just wish there could have been more of it.
Kellam Venosky
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm sure I've been reading these out of order, but even so, they are so fascinating. It's interesting seeing familiar characters, like Dinah and Black Lightning, in the JLA after all of their backstories and histories. Such an intriguing read!
Hilary
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Eh. A little too all over the place for me, and actually not a huge amount of Wonder Woman....but it was okay.
Ariza Zubia
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-and-comics
Insanely awesome!!! Nuff said. Was not expecting that ending.
Marie
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic
An interesting read, I suppose. But not compelling in any way.
Amelia
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Full review to come.
Jerry Daniels
Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack conjures memories of the events that led to the United States going to war with Iraq. While the story is pure fiction, it differs from the real life account in a couple of ways. First and foremost is that the Amazons invade American soil to wreak havoc after a resurrected Queen Hippolyta is deceived into believing the U.S. government has taken Wonder Woman into custody.

Aiding Wonder Woman in halting the war and preventing more casualties than necessary are members of
Kit
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Holy cats, what is this hot mess?
This, gentle readers, is what happens when a tie-in multibook event tries to make as much money as possible from collections that are neither coherent or enjoyable to read. How do I hate thee, Amazons Attack? Let me count the ways:
-Every damn character is speaking and acting in ways that make no sense for them. I am not even sure it would be possible to choose just one terrible example to properly express this, but I guess the best way to say this is Hippolyta is
John
Aug 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It is hard to say what I liked least about this book.

The premise was interesting. Wonder Woman's mother, the queen of the Amazons, learns that her daughter has been imprisoned and unleashes all of her power to gain her freedom. Unfortunately the follow-through was terrible!

I have two main gripes against it. The first is that so much of the story is missing. The tale is apparently lashed together by one line of comics while there are many other aspects to this story that are left out and only to
Adriana
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
If there was a way to award a book with negative stars, this would be the book to merit them.
The story has incredible potential and the art is amazing (hence the two star rating) but the way the story is presented is beyond horrible! All the good parts and scenes where Wonder Woman is supposed to shine are “presented” via a small paragraph at the beginning of each chapter.
You don’t get to see/read any of the really meaty parts of the story. It’s like tuning in to your favorite weekly TV show a
Cai
Sep 20, 2016 added it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Circe has brought the sorceress Queen Hippolyta of the Amazons, back to life. She believes the US government has kidnapped her daughter, Wonder Woman and launches an attack on the United States of America. However, Wonder Woman is safe and sound, meaning the attack is all for naught.
The artwork in this graphic novel was excellent but that is about the only redeeming quality it possesses.

I think I have read enough graphic now to honestly say that there was no real way to follow this one. I ended
Brandon Hughes
Though the artwork was quit good, the story is horribly lacking. What is is lacking, you ask? It's lacking just abotu every major event that takes place within the story as a whole this entire trade feels like it is made entirely of the material between the critical events. They would build up to events, but in the next issue, they had already transpired (in some other comic not included in the volume). In the end you're left completely unfulfilled by this trade, and by the story as a whole- whi ...more
  • Wonder Woman: Paradise Found
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Who is Wonder Woman?
  • Wonder Woman: Lifelines
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Love and Murder
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 7: Contagion
  • Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Challenge of the Gods
  • Wonder Woman: Odyssey, Vol. 1
  • Teen Titans, Vol. 14: Team Building
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 3 (#13-#18)
  • Supergirl: Power
  • Wonder Woman:  Mythos
  • Grimm Fairy Tales:  Tales from Wonderland vol 1
  • Spider-Man: Death And Dating
Will Pfeifer was born in 1967 in the town of Niles, Ohio. He attended Kent State University and graduated in 1989. He has resided in Rockford, Illinois since 1990, with his wife, Amy.

Pfeifer, along with his comic writing duties, is the assistant features editor at the Rockford Register Star. He also writes a weekly DVD column for the Sunday paper.

Wonder Woman (1 - 10 of 68 books)
  • The Wonder Woman Chronicles, Vol. 1