Start by marking “The Cowboy's Christmas Plan (Grass Valley Cowboys #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Christmas Plan (Grass Valley Cowboys #1)

The Cowboy's Christmas Plan

(Grass Valley Cowboys #1)

Sometimes the most unexpected circumstances lead to the best adventures...

Cadence Greer’s plans for a happy-ever-after are quickly derailed when her fiancé runs off with his secretary a week before their wedding. Homeless, jobless, and jilted, she escapes to Grass Valley, Oregon, where she takes a job as a housekeeper and cook to seven cowboys on a sprawling ranch.

Trey T
Published (first published November 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Christmas Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Christmas Plan

Aerykah
I went ahead and gave this book 3 stars because I really enjoyed the story, but... it was more sensual than I prefer, especially for Christian fiction. Simply put, I liked the book, but there were several scenes that I really could have done without.
Cindy Nipper
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As usual, I loved it! You just can't go wrong with a Shanna Hatfield romance! It doesn't seem to matter what time period she writes in, they're ALL outstanding!!
I was thrilled with the addition of Cass in this story!

I completely enjoyed the audio version of this book!
Jamie Rhodes
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. There was not one ounce of cussing nor sex in this book. This book didn't need it. It stands on the wonderful storyline that unfolds. I am very impressed. I totally fell in love with Trey and Cadence. They are perfect characters and perfect for each other. Cadence has been jilted by her fiancé a week before she is set to get married. She leaves town and goes to live with her aunt. Trey is a rancher who owns a ranch along with his brothers. Cadence goes on to be their ...more
Christina
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charming Cowboy Romance

This was a really cute book. I loved the ranch setting with the cowboys and especially loved Trey and Cady, our main characters. Oh and don’t get me started on the delicious food that Cady was always making for the cowboys!! I love to bake and cook and it had me itching to go create something in the kitchen. I also quickly fell in love with the cute little girl, Cass. That sure added a surprise and twist to this romance! A wonderful book and I hope to read more about each
Deborah
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Nice sweet romantic read.

I settled down to read this book, I'd noticed that the synopsis seemed familiar but I didn't really think anything of it until I started reading and then I realised I'd read this book before, years ago, back before I started reviewing. After getting over my initial disappointment I decided to re-read it anyway.
This is a gentle, slow building, clean cowboy romance, Cadence Greer gets an unwelcome surprise when her fiancé Bill sends out an email informing the attorneys at
Judy Esposito
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Second Time Reading This Wonderful Book!

I just love this book and the whole series that follows. In preparation for the next one coming out February 2016. I wanted to read the entire series again and I loved and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Maybe a little more since I took my time. Well written, with wonderful and loveable characters. Truly a wonderful, fun, clean, feel good romance, to read anytime of the year. First time read on my Nook, now have it on my kindle too. JudyE
Lenore Catalano
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful story of love

...for a child, a man, and family. I couldn't get enough of it and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Donna Porter
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely wonderful and I really enjoyed reading it. I would recommend this to my christian friends. It is one of the sweetest romance stories I have read in a long time. Cadence Greer thinks she has everything she wants until her boyfriend runs away with his secretary a week before their wedding. He sends an e mail to all the partners in the law firm where they work saying he will be gone two weeks for his honeymoon. Cady knows she can not stay there. She has already broken up her ...more
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Just can't do it. I'm DNFing this one at 50% just out of pure sugar overload. It's sweet, escapist, but so far from reality that I just couldn't keep going. I'm really disappointed because this had the makings of a great Christian romance. But I think it suffers from what I don't like in this sub-sub-genre, which is a rather rose-tinted view of the world at large. Nothing is ever that perfect, especially for Christians.

To be fair, I might have continued if the narrator (Chris Abell) had been bet
Jean
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Clean Christmas Story..

If you are looking for something that is heartwarming and clean, this is a Good Choice.

The family is sweet and the characters are well developed.

This is the first book in a five book series and I look forward to the rest of the series.

Chris Abell did really well with the narration.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review."

Susan F
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked the story but I am another reader who is uncomfortable with the sensuality in a story that is classified as a Christian book. I do appreciate that the language was clean and kindness prevailed throughout the story.
Tamera Westhoff
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fun Cowboy Romance

I think there was a little too much going on in this book, but it worked out well! It was very long, but I loved having so much detail! I can't wait to read the next ones!
Dee/ bookworm
Jan 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a good plot, but there were a lot of added details that did nothing to enhance the book, rather made it drag on.
Mandy
Jun 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Classic romance, likable characters, clean morals, well developed plot. I especially liked the secondary plot with Cass, the little girl who comes into their lives. A great happily-ever-after read.
Carol Mcgrath
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Left at the altar

Cadance is left at th e alter just before she's supposed to marry Bill. He decided to run away and elope with his secretary. Cadance quits her job and goes to stay with her aunt in Grass Valley, a small town in Oregon. She tries working as a waitress at her aunt's restaurant, only she's very bad at her job. Trey and his brother Trent stop by for a meal and Cadance spills Trey's drink all over him. That's some first impression. Him and his brother are looking for a cook and house
Birgit
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a heartwarming, sometimes close to heartbreaking little story about love and trust and faith.
Cadence (what a name!), left by her fiance a couple of days before her wedding, seeks solace with her aunt Viv, who owns a diner in Cowboy country. With only few options left, the city girl accepts the offer of being Cook and Housekeeper to the Thompson brothers.
The characters are so real, I think everyone of us readers knows someone who could have been that specific person in this book. A Christian
Vibliophile
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Make sure your blood sugar is stable

This is a really sweet, Christmas fairytale, full of glurge, kind of story. If you read it when you're in the mood for a Pollyanna-type romance, I promise you'll enjoy it. Avoid it when your inner cynic is ascendent, however as the protagonists & their family are just so perfect, it will shift the cynicism into overdrive.

Happily, I was in the mood for this and so I found it entertaining. Sadly, I've had to wrestle my inner cynic to get this review out, an
Hilary
The low rating is not exactly/entirely the story's fault. It's cheesy af and has way too many words and is not well-paced but is still mostly tolerable if skimmed. I full-stopped at 71%, Chapter 16, the quote prefacing the chapter. What an absolute mood-killer. I refuse to read anymore. Sure this was published in 2011, but a lot has happened in 7 years. Now I see that name and it induces a unparalleled rage in me. A mediocre fluffy cowboy christmas romance novel is among the last places I ever e ...more
Kristi
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A sweet little story. A tad long in my opinion. I enjoyed the purity of the romance and the characters. Even though at times I struggled to finish the book, I'm glad I did and enjoyed the ending.

This is a story about true love and how it's possible to fall in love (love at first sight) in a short amount of time and it be real. I believe in true love. In the story Trey (which is NOT his birth name, I didn't like this) gave the heroine a nickname and I was not in favor of it. Cadence became "Cady
Glenda Kinard
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tracy Sylvester
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Cadence Greer's life upends in heartbreak, she decides her life needs a change. She leaves her job at the law firm and moves by her Aunt Viv. While working as a waitress for her Aunt's restaurant she meets Trey and Trent Thompson a set of brothers who run a local ranch. The men are looking for a housekeeper and cook. When Cadence takes the job on the ranch she realizes there was more to life than she thought. She enjoyed cooking for the ranch hands and the Thompson brothers. Such great char ...more
Rebeca Buril
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A captivating story about How things work out even when we don't understand the reasons behind.

At First, I thought the author was talking too long to make things happen, but then I realized she was right doing it because it had to develop the plot.
After finishing Reading It, I am Very Glad to see the author chose to explore what happens after the climax (being together), what we normally don't see in other stories.
I am Still Sad the story came to an end...
I highly recommend everyone Reading I
Renate
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Not you usual romance, but an engaging story of hardship and loss. Each of the 22 chapters started with a quote by famous people (Thomas Edison, John A. Schindler, Eleanor Roosevelt, Margret Thatcher) that included the word "plan." Since this is a cowboy story and the hero collects spurs. Shanna Hatfield weaves intriguing historical facts about spurs, with likable characters, gut wrenching conflicts in the twist and turn plot and concludes with a satisfying resolution. Recipes are included and m ...more
Kristen
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute holiday read with hot cowboys. Fun moments, serious issues, but overall good.

Moral Note: Some passionate kisses that they have to stop before things go to far, some innuendos. The scene at the end of the book after they got married didn't fade to black as quickly as I would have liked so I skipped a couple pages forward. Some talk of drinking and child neglect. I don't recall any language.
Megan Byrd
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-books-read
Cadence Greer goes to stay with her aunt in Grass Valley, OR after her fiancé and coworker elopes with his secretary a week before the wedding. She gets a job as cook and housekeeper at the Triple T Ranch, trying not to fall for her handsome new boss, Trey. He, also, tries to stay away from his beautiful new employee but they soon have a common cause in a neglected five-year-old named Cass who quickly catches their hearts.

It's a fairly predictable story but a fun read for the holidays.
Janet Archambault
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Christian, cowboy love story

Very seldom do I find books that I want to review. However I had to comment on this delightful family oriented story. I loved all the characters including Mickie. Working at a pregnancy center we see women like this who are just burned out on life. I also loved the Christmas theme and the soldier coming home. I look forward to more of your books.
vicki zimmerman
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF

It was just soooo boring.
When I got to the dissertation concerning the making of, history of, usage of, Spurs, it was one step too far, for me.
I’m not really interested in starting my own ranch, nor playing cowboy.
I just wanted a good, relaxing afternoon romance. For me, if that is what this one is, it should have gotten there sooner.
Brenda
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book that kept me smiling

I really enjoyed this feel-good story about Cadence and Trey, especially after Class came into their lives. Though it takes place during the holidays, it's not really a Christmas story, but a romantic story that unfolds around a wonderful family. Clean, with Christian values, but not "preachy".
Judi Radtke
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This cowboy had a good plan

Candance was getting married but 1 week before the wedding things changed. She became jobless, homeless, and jilted all in the same day. She moved to Grass Valley to stay with her Aunt Viv, and found out she was a very bad waitress. This book is filled with laughter, love, and good food please enjoy.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Texas Whirlwind
  • Come Home for Christmas, Cowboy (The Montana Millionaires, #4)
  • Awakening (The Lewis Legacy Series, #1)
  • The Red Suit Diaries: A Real-Life Santa on Hopes, Dreams, and Childlike Faith
  • Sweet Adventure (Klaus Brothers, #3)
  • Untethered
  • Loveable Christmas Angel (Angels with Attitude, #3)
  • More Precious Than Gold
  • Best Laid Plans (The Best Girls, #4)
  • A Victorian Christmas
  • Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)
  • Mail-Order Mistletoe Brides: Christmas Hearts / Mistletoe Kiss in Dry Creek
  • Christmas Redemption
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • Blue Christmas (Moody Blue, #1)
  • His Christmas Miracle (Love in Montana, #5)
  • Christmas Roses
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor

Grass Valley Cowboys (6 books)
  • The Cowboy's Spring Romance (Grass Valley Cowboys #2)
  • The Cowboy's Summer Love (Grass Valley Cowboys, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Autumn Fall (Grass Valley Cowboys #4)
  • The Cowboy's New Heart (Grass Valley Cowboys #5)
  • The Cowboy's Last Goodbye (Grass Valley Cowboys #6)
“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming,  we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning. Gloria Steinem” 1 likes
“hem your thoughts in faith and finish them with prayer.” 1 likes