Start by marking “The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD: An 8-Step Program for Strengthening Attention, Managing Emotions, and Achieving Your Goals” as Want to Read:

Do you:

• Have trouble paying attention and staying on task?

• Suffer from disorganization, procrastination, or forgetfulness?
   • Have difficulty with restlessness or trouble managing strong feelings such as anger and frustration?
   • Struggle with self-doubt and difficulty following through?
   • In a way that causes problems in your relationships or your work?

I
Published February 14th 2012 by Trumpeter (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD

Robyn
Oct 12, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is great reference on using Mindfulness as a way to introduce anyone to mindfulness and / or meditation. However, the WAY it is written, is NOT for someone who actually HAS ADHD (I do have it), as it tends to have a lot of links and footnotes and boxes, etc. on the pages that are distracting for someone with ADHD (who already has a difficult time learning something by reading, due to the short attention span).

Rose
I can't express words on how helpful/useful this guide is with respect to mindfulness techniques in a systematic presentation. It's targeted towards those who suffer from adult ADHD, but I think those who might look for a clear, step-by-step approach to improving their health, organization, and life through mindfulness exercises could give this guide a try and get something out of it if they exhibit certain levels of disordered thinking, disorganization, or feel overwhelmed. I read this as a ref ...more
Maxie
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mindfulness Prescription for Adult ADHD written by Lidia Zylowska, MD is researched based and addresses the many facets of adults with ADHD. It speaks to the often misunderstood characteristics and how complex the adults with ADHD work, live and relate to their environment. Dr. Zylowska shares pertinent facts about understanding and coping, and living with adult family members with adult ADHD.

Our society is very accepting of children with ADHD but few people make a connection that children with
Michael
This book was phenomenal! By the time I was done with the kindle version of this book I had highlighted nearly half and bookmarked 10 different pages. If you have ADHD (inattentive or hyperactive)I would highly recommend this book! Some of the stories that serve as examples seem to almost be torn straight from a book about my life.

The reason I gave it a five star rating is that the books material directly relates to the title. This book provided me with the information I would have hoped for in
Tigran Ghardashyan
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mindfulness-ը տեխնիկաների հավաքածու է, որը օգնում է մարդուն ավելի խորությամբ ընկալել իրականությունը, գործել իրական ժամանակով, կողքից դիտարկել էմոցիաները, լինել ավելի ուշադիր ու կենտրոնացած: Բժիշկ Լիդիա Զիլովսկան հաջողությամբ կիրառել է mindfulness-ի մոտեցումը ADHD/ ADD ունեցող իր բազում պացիենտների վրա, եւ նրանցից շատերի մոտ արդեն երկու ամսից նկատվել են էական լավացումներ:

Եթե ունեք ADHD/ ADD (կամ ուղղակի դրա սիմպտոմները՝ անուշադրություն, բարդ կենտրոնացում, ցրվածություն, պրոկրաստինացիա, անհանգստու
Shawn
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very good intro to meditation for anybody, not just those with ADHD or related diagnoses.
Mike Harreld
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mindfulness for adults

I enjoyed the ability to have this book electronically. I have needed to refer to it personally and professionally from time to time.
I am grateful for this reference.
Gordon Howard
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Reasonably well written - we'll see if it helps.
Polaris
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people with ADHD, anyone who'd like to try mindfulness but fears it's too hard to focus
Despite my initial reluctance, this is actually an excellent book.

The author goes through a range of mindfulness excercises & practices with a special eye for people who have problems staying still or focused on something like sitting meditation. Dr. Zylowska's book is based on solid clinical practice & research; the research underlying the book shows that ADHD symptoms do decrease with mindfulness practice. Nevertheless, Dr. Zylowska doesn't shun medication: she generally recommends tha
Car
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mindfulness isn't such a scary word after reading this book. Zylowska offers a step by step program to build mindfulness into each of our lives. She does a great job of pointing out how mindfulness can help ease the symptoms of ADHD. Mindfulness is basically "attention training and monitoring". If you don't think meditation is for you? Meditation may not be what you think it is. After reading this, it changed my understanding of the word. I no longer think of it has meditation, but as mindfulnes ...more
Jon
Apr 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was an excellent, well organized book. The author outlined how and why mindfulness can be helpful for those struggling with ADHD. She also clearly presents a model for those of us interested in practicing Mindfulness meditation. This model is not exclusive to ADHD, and can be used by anybody wanting to improve the way they focus attention, plan, organize, stay on task. It can also be helpful for those wanting to improve their emotional management skills.
cagedpopmachine
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
This would be most useful for ADHDers that haven't practiced mindfulness, meditation or buddhism before.
If you haven't even heard of mindfulness, definitely read this it will be helpful. Chapters and sections are nicely divided, making it easy to read a bit at a time. The only difference I found between mindfulness for ADHD and mindfulness with a more esoteric background is that here it's broken up into easy to digest bits and explained in a really detailed and practical way.
Rianne Ranta
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I can see this being useful for some people.
But having already taken a MBSR course I was hoping for more. There is very little here that I didn't learn in my non ADD specific course. So, read this if you have no meditation background and are looking for an easy intro. If you have any sort of established practice, skip it, there's nothing new here.
Joseph
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Some useful stuff here.
Amy
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent resource for those on the medication-free path.
kristopher kaliebe
Dec 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Meditation 1 5 Jul 01, 2013 09:32PM
  • Your Life Can Be Better, Using Strategies for Adult ADD/ADHD
  • The Disorganized Mind: Coaching Your ADHD Brain to Take Control of Your Time, Tasks, and Talents
  • Attention Deficit Disorder: The Unfocused Mind in Children and Adults
  • Women with Attention Deficit Disorder: Embrace Your Differences and Transform Your Life
  • The Woman in the Mirror: How to Stop Confusing What You Look Like with Who You Are
  • Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder
  • The User's Guide to the Human Mind: Why Our Brains Make Us Unhappy, Anxious, and Neurotic and What We Can Do about It
  • Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents
  • The Gift of Adult ADD: How to Transform Your Challenges and Build on Your Strengths
  • Eating Right in America: The Cultural Politics of Food and Health
  • You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!: A Self-Help Book for Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
  • Art of Attention: Book One
  • The Mindful Path through Shyness: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Help Free You from Social Anxiety, Fear, and Avoidance
  • DBT Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide to Dialectical Behavior Therapy
  • The Anxiety and Worry Workbook: The Cognitive Behavioral Solution
  • Will and Spirit
  • اعمل بذكاء مع القراءة السريعة
  • ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life
“I noticed,” I thought to” 2 likes
“Strategies that relax and replenish can restore one’s reservoir of willpower and are thus helpful in ADHD. These strategies include: times of relaxation such as meditation, positive emotions, self-talk that is encouraging, time of play, physical exercise, adequate breaks, or even having a snack that increases blood glucose. Motivational strategies such imagery, or physical reminders of or talking about future rewards can also help.” 1 likes