Start by marking “Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer” as Want to Read:
Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer

Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer

(BabyLit Primers)

Follow the white rabbit down the hole and drink from the purple bottle to meet an orange cat, a blue caterpillar, a mad hatter with a brown hat, and the queen of red hearts in Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit Colors Primer. Kids will love Alison Oliver’s colorful and cheeky illustrations bringing life to Little Master Carroll’s beloved children’s classic. ...more
Board Book, 22 pages
Published March 1st 2012 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about Alice in Wonderland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice in Wonderland

Start your review of Alice in Wonderland: A BabyLit® Colors Primer
Liviania
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Why am I reviewing board books, you might ask? Because I was offered them for review and I had a nephew turning two on the seventh. (I gave them to him on the eighth as Easter presents, however.) I thought the books sounded like great fun and wanted to give them a chance.

Looking over them on my own, I thought they were a great package. The illustrations by Alison Oliver are irresistibly cute and the color palettes are terrific. I liked that LITTLE MISS BRONTE: JANE EYRE had quotations from the
Kwoomac
perfect choices in this color primer. We meet all the players and learn colors at the same time. Loved the artwork.
Amanda
Jun 27, 2016 rated it liked it
These character illustrations seem heavily influenced by Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.
usagi ☆ミ
Note - this review is for both the "Alice in Wonderland" and "Jane Eyre" Primers.

These are wonderful! Thanks to Eric at Quirk Books for sending them to me. I only wish they’d been published earlier when my grand-niece was still at this baby board book stage – it might have really helped. These are absolutely lovely little books that are very simple and easy to understand (though the term “governess” might take some explaining to babies/toddlers) and the colors and illustrations are absolutely
Tristen
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
was privileged to get these two books Little Master Carroll- Alice and WonderLand and Little Miss Bronte- Jane Eyre , they are two books in a series of BabyLit books published by Gibbs Smith Publisher and Written by Jennifer Adams , illustrated by Alison Oliver.

I will start with my thoughts on the Alice and Wonderland book . This book was classified as a Colors Primer. The colors were vibrant and easy for a young child to follow along and to learn. I love how the classic stories are intergrated
Carolina
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book. Very simple, few words, and the artwork is amazing!! The light yet bright colors will get the children's attention immediately. Easy to read, and easy to understand. The words are very bold.

An activity I would do with this book, is that I would have children write down, the things from the book that are fantasy and the ones that are reality.
Dianna
Oct 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Your toddler may think it's just another board book about colors, but you will get to enjoy the references to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland while reading yet another book pointing out that various things are yellow, orange, and purple.
Kleinerrotfuchs
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I bought it in Spanish! Very funny to learn things like:
conejito blanco or rana verde :D
zapkode
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
{My thoughts} – Alice in Wonderland by Jennifer Adams is the second book in this series that my girls and I have read together.

The cover of the book is eye catching and appealing. It has a big illustration of the Cheshire Cat on the cover. The colors are bright but easy on the eyes.

This book is made in a much more simpler way when it comes to helping to teach colors. When you open the book the page on the left is patterned and has the color and word that relates to the subject matter on the
K. McDevitt
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I was handed this book at today's BCinDC meetup after I read The Jabberwock. The art style is the same--bold and quirky--but this is a much different book. This is Alice in Wonderland as told through color! You've got the white rabbit and the red Queen of Hearts, the orange cat and the blue caterpillar. This was a cute book, and it was neat seeing what things the author chose to showcase from Wonderland for each color.
Kris
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This one is cute, using Alice in Wonderland themes to introduce colors to the board book set. It has quirky, Time Burton-esque art, and one kid I heard at the library was a little freaked out by the Cheshire Cat on the cover. :) But I think it will appeal to most toddlers, and it certainly is more interesting to look at than most board books.
Nicole Gaudier
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This beautifully illustrated board book is a colors primer for children ages 0-5. It loosely tells the story of Alice in Wonderland and does a great job of illustrating the main color while also letting the child practice their other colors.
I've bought this book twice. Once for my nice when she was 4 (she loved it) and again for my best friend's child who is 2 y/o.
Erik
Jun 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-children
These Baby Lit primers are a great idea, teaching kids basic concepts while introducing them to classic literature. They're all filled with characters and plot points from the books along with some fun art. My only complaint is these won't give you much of an idea what the real book is about unless you've already read it.
Sara (Sjthroughthelookingglass)
I love the idea of favorite literature downsized for a baby's book. This series makes the book fun for both parents and baby's alike. Illustrations are bold, fun and colorful. This book is not layed out as a story, but rather a baby's first colors book.
Lisa
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-and-g
I guess I just had the wrong expectations for this book - I thought it'd actually tell the story of Alice in wonderland rather than highlight some colors. And I didn't like the illustration style much. Oh well.
Kris Dersch
This is so cute! So obviously this is a primer on colors for babies with a nod to their literary parents, but honestly it's amazing how much of the Carroll story is there. It isn't often that these actually work on two levels, this one totally does. Love it.
Elaine
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
A lot of colors and graphics that I'm not sure if it's excellent as a color primer.
Asher H.K.
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who knew there were so many colors?
Justine
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: violet-s-books
Yes reading the classics when still a baby lol.
Amanda
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mister and I read this together and very much enjoyed this
Peyton
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
So far, this is my least favourite BabyLit(r) book. It is designed to teach children about colours, but I found that the colours did not match the original Alice in Wonderland characters.
Patrick
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
Checked this out for the illustration worked paired with the story and the work is solid.
Jon Nakapalau
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book in this fantastic series!
Miss Clark
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s
It was hard because each page has so many other colours than the one being taught that I would think it more confusing for the baby/toddler.
Elizabeth
Aug 15, 2017 rated it liked it
A wonderful introduction to colours for young readers. Although, at times the illustrations do not make the relevant colours as prominent as possible for the very young.
Shweta
One of the first board books I tried with my baby. The bright illustrations are perfect for her developing interests. The easily identifiable story elements makes it a truly innovative way of retelling a classic. We have the entire lot of BabyLit books and they definitely make reading time fun!
Chinook
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This went over better than many others in the series, just because it contained a Queen and lots of animals they tend to like.
Charlotte
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite in this series. For baby it is a book about colors and uses the original story characters to do so.
kim
better than some of the other super weird babylit books
Evie
Jul 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Published to: Bookish: www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com

Children love many things, but nothing catches their attention better than something colorful they could play with. And I don't think I need to tell you about the many benefits of play. Every mom out there knows that play increases child's creativity and productivity, makes them happy, and - most importantly - enhances their personal learning and development. And what's a better thing for your child to play with than a beautifully illustrated,
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Wonderful Things You Will Be
  • Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site
  • Where's Spot?
  • Pat the Bunny
  • Baby Loves Aerospace Engineering!
  • Mama, Do You Love Me?
  • Pete the Cat: Old MacDonald Had a Farm
  • Tacky the Penguin
  • Llama Llama Hoppity-Hop
  • Christmas in the Manger
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • Horns to Toes and in Between
  • Feminist Baby
  • La montaña de libros más alta del mundo

Jennifer Adams is the author of more than forty books. Her bestselling BabyLit board books (published by Gibbs Smith) introduce small children to the world of classic literature and have sold 1.5 million copies. Her new series of board books My Little Cities (published by Chronicle Books) includes London and New

BabyLit Primers (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Dracula: A Babylit(r) Counting Primer