Start by marking “One Pink Rose (Rose, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Pink Rose (Rose, #2)

One Pink Rose

(Claybornes' Brides (Rose Hill) #2)

THE CLAYBORNES ARE BACK! AND LOVE IS IN BLOOM! — First introduced in Julie Garwood's magnificent New York Times bestseller For the Roses, which inspired the Hallmark Hall of Fame television film Rose Hill, the Clayborne brothers of Blue Belle, Montana, have been embraced by millions worldwide. Now Julie Garwood spins the individual stories of these three spirited brothers ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 150 pages
Published June 1st 1997 by Pocket Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about One Pink Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Pink Rose

Start your review of One Pink Rose (Rose, #2)
Mo
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 sweet stars.

A nice, sweet story. Quite short. I liked both characters. She was feisty and knew her mind ... well, until she met Travis. Then she felt a little bit out of her league.

Emily made him smile, but only because she said the craziest things.

"You're as nuts as a tree full of acorns."

FMABookReviews
***3.5 Stars***
'One Pink Rose'  is the first book I've read by Julie Garwood, and while I am not a huge fan of historical romance, I found I quickly became a fan of Ms. Garwood's writing style.

'One Pink Rose' takes us back in time when the West was being won, stage coaches were being robbed and "bad guys" rode into town and frightened tavern and business owners alike.

Emily is in need of an escort to take her the rest of her journey to meet her soon-to-be husband. They've only corresponded, she's
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
One Pink Rose is a fun, lighthearted, clean Western romance that reads from the pages of today. With all of the elements that we look for in a romance, this author was able to capture and delight us perfectly.

First introduced in the widely read book, For the Roses, Julie Garwood has introduced us to a family of brothers that you are going to fall for! This book has that a timeless feel to it even though it is set in the 1800’s.

With loads of wit and humor plus characters that you’ll fall in love
Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
This is book two in the "Claybornes' Brides (Rose Hill) "series. I just love Julie Garwood's books! They are usually the best, with a great story. This one too was really good book. With that said, I haven't yet read the first book "For the Roses" but now really want to since this book seem to be a continuation of the first. Although I didn't really see a problem with not reading the first...only that I loved
Wendy'sThoughts
May 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Julie Garwood fans, Western, Romance Novella
4 If It Ain't Broke, No Need To Fix Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
There has always been this trend of taking something which worked just fine and then "improving it"...You know what I am talking about... countless products or companies trying to create a need where there is none by calling a household staple... New and Improved...

Ridiculous...because when there is a classic... something that feels just right, repeatedly... there is no need to change a thing...And thankfully, from what I can tell, O
~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Another sweet read. Love these characters.. Even Old Jack had me grinning. I so love the setting of this series.
Anita
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

The Clayborne Brides Series are heartwarming re-issued stories about four orphan boys and the baby girl they found and raised need to be read in order. I absolutely love them. They tell the tale of how the boys and an abandoned baby become a family in the Montana Territory and grow to be men. All the boys became wonderful, strong, Julie Garwood men. One Pink Rose is the story of Travis Clayborne and Emily Finnegan.

Travi
Karen
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

Delightful story. But entirely too short. I feel like she barely scratched the surface of these two characters. However, I did love what she gave us. Looking forward to the next Rose.
♥Sharon♥
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awww that was such a wonderful story. Much to short though. If only it were a chapter or two longer. ❤

Emily was a perfect match for Travis Clayborne. I'm looking forward to the other brothers stories too.

Raine
NetGalley Review
****ARC provided by Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.****

I think I read the first book to this series a while ago so I can't really remember what happened in that book, but I don't think I really needed to do a reread of that book in order to understand this book.

This was a really cute story, though it was pretty short and I don't think that the characters were able to be given more depth of character that Julie Garwood would've done if the story w
Lisa Kay
[image error]
★★★★☆ Pure fluff and fun. I probably shouldn't rate this one so high, but I love a good “mail-order bride” or a “fish-out-of-water” story and this one was both. Sure, it was predicable and a bit dated, but still cute. It was short, too! Just what I needed right now.

Travis, one of the Clayborne brothers that rescued - and raised - a baby in book #1 For the Roses, gets his turn at a HEA with Emily Finnegan, a Bostonian who has given up on love. Nevertheless, fate steps in and deals h
May 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Julie Garwood is always an enjoyable read. This was no exception. Even though this was published nearly 10 years ago, I somehow missed this one. I enjoyed it. Anyone familiar with Garwood is familiar with the Montgomery family...and I am afraid of spoiling other books with going into detail on this one...so I am going to leave this by saying it was as enjoyable as her other books...you really can't go wring in picking up a book by Julie Garwood.

***ARC copy of new edition provided by Publisher an
Piper
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018

She married a crazy man. She was so happy she couldn't stop smiling.

This was a spendid second book in the Rose series. I loved both Travis and Emily. They were perfect for each other. ♥♥♥
Bambi Unbridled
I have read quite a few of Julie Garwood's medieval and Scottish historical romances, and loved all of them. I don't read a lot of American historical romance, so I decided to try out this series set in 19th Century Montana.

Travis Clayborne is a headstrong old west cowboy who is not afraid to take the law into his own hands. He is also quite the mama's boy, willing to carry out her bidding and right wrongs done to her. As a favor to his beloved mama, Travis has agreed to escort a Boston flibbert
Leona
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One Pink Rose was an all around fun read. I'm kind of confused, though, on if it's book one in the Clayborne series as NetGalley stated, or if it's the second book in the series as Goodreads stated? Whichever one it is, it's in my future plans to read all of the books that are in this series, whichever one hits my hands first.

In One Pink Rose there are two interconnected storylines going; (1) Emily's determination to meet her future husband (seeing as she's a mail order bride) and needing an
1-Click Addict Support Group
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good clean fun…

If you are looking for a quick, fun and flirty read, then you have found the right book! I love Julie Garwood’s writing no matter the time period or the place. She manages to hit the right notes each and every time, and this note was hilarious and sweet…

“I am delicate, damn it.”
He snorted with disbelief. “You’re about as fragile as a grizzly bear.”

Travis Clayborne is running an errand for Mama Rose, someone he could never say no to. On an errand of his own, Emily Finnegan was supp
Lynda
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I loved the characters.
Cyndy Aleo
May 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
There was a period of time when I was very into period romances, and Julie Garwood is undoubtedly the queen of the genre. A frequent New York Times bestselling author, she followed up her novel For the Roses with a set of three novellas (now packaged as The Clayborne Brides) which followed three of the Clayborne brothers introduced in For the Roses as they found wives. The first released was One Pink Rose, which followed the youngest brother, Travis Clayborne.

::: Always Listen to Your Mama :::

In
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Dec 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Lovers
From The Cover:

Part one of Julie Garwood's trilogy, The Clayborne Brides, takes on a timeworn scenario: Travis Clayborne, a no-nonsense cowboy escorts a mail-order bride across Montana as a favor to his mother. The bride, Emily Finnegan, is a pedantic Boston screwball who initiates their relationship by shooting at him. She misses, and things go downhill from there. As the pair proceeds toward Emily's rendezvous with matrimony, the sparks--romantic and otherwise--fly. There are the inevitable bu
Jasmin
Jun 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Westen historical buffs
One Pink Rose by Julie Garwood is an extremely fast and enjoyable read. This book doesn't beat around the bush much. It's simple, thus I simply loved it.

If you missed For the Roses, the first book which brought us the four lovable Clayborne brothers, I must warn you that the Clayborne family is a weird lot. Growing up in New York, they stole for a living, until a little baby was delivered to them, then the lives of the boys changed drastically. For the baby girl, which they named Mary Rose, they
Chitra *CJ*
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
"I am delicate, damn it."

He snorted with disbelief. "You're about as fragile as a grizzly bear."

When Travis, the youngest brother, is asked by Mama Rose to escort mail order bride Emily to her intended Otoole, sparks ignite.
Sweet, short and funny story. Both characters were likable and has instant chemistry. How they travel and end up falling for each other forms the crux of the story. Really enjoyed their banter.
Safe read.
4/5
Gillian Murrell
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I think it would have been a good idea to read "For the Roses" first but it was not until I started reading that I realised there was another book before the 3 pack I had purchased. Having said that you get an idea of what the first book was about as the book goes on. This is the story of Travis and Emily who meet when Travis is asked to transport Emily to her future husband. Emily is with out question a mail order bride even though she may say she is not. Emily's future husband is definitely no ...more
Andrea
Jun 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a book written with a very simple background. I liked the plot and the resolution, but I actually expected more from this book. I really liked it, of course, but if the writer would have elaborated more on the background, or maybe add more interesting characters, it would've been better.

SCRATCH THAT.

I reread this book because I wanted to recall old times when I used to read peacefully in my house and drink a cup of coffee. This was one of the books I liked reading back then when I was
Hannah
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC REVIEW

I've read this before but it was released.

One Pink Rose is book two of the Rose Hill/ Clayborne Brides series. The first book, For the Roses, I recommend reading just because it introduces the whole family and how they got where they are and along with it a wonderful romance between the only girl in the family and her past.

One Pink Rose is about the youngest brother, Travis. Now Mama Rose has her heart set on finding good wives for her boys. Her daughter is all set and happily marrie
Dot Salvagin
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Here we have another feel-good book that is definitely in my comfort zone. To tell the truth I didn’t think I would like a romance based in the wild west of America but this one has totally changed my perspective. First we have Travis, a hot hunk of a man who loves his Mother. Then there is Emily who is suffering from the humiliation of being jilted at the altar and has become a mail order bride. Emily has been raised in Boston as a fine lady and knows little of the wild west but she is a quick ...more
Janelle
Apr 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
Another lovely Garwood romance set in the late 1800's Montana Territory. Travis Clayborne is asked to escort Bostonian Emily Finnegan to her future husband whom has courted her through the mail. Emily is determined to heal her pride from a broken engagement in Boston and make herself a new life in the west, even if she is a mail-order bride of sorts.

Travis meets up with Emily in town suited up in her Sunday best...on a Thursday, and knows he's in for one tortuous trip with this uppity, but beau
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
One Pink Rose by the indomitable Julie Garwood is a re-issue of her original of the For the Roses from 1997. This wonderfully written Western Romance takes us through the ups and downs of the three Clayborne brothers.

In this lovely tale, we have Travis Clayborne, the youngest brother, thrown together with the young Bostonian lady, Miss Emily Finnegan, who has signed on to become a mail order bride. Emily has plans, but meeting Travis opens her heart to so many possibilities. This light-hearted
Heather andrews
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I personally thought there was some chemistry between Travis and Emily right from the beginning even though she drove him bonkers:
“What does that have to do with the price of pickles? Southern ladies are more refined. Everyone knows that, which is precisely why I’ve decided to be Southern.”
He could feel the throbbing behind his temples. “You can’t decide to be Southern.”
“But of course I can. I can be anything I want to be.”
I liked this book I thought the characters had good chemistry.
Jeanne Jenkins
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
This was a nice little (only 150 pages) read. It is the first of the "Clayborne Brides" series. It is a good book to read 'in between' deeper reads, to give your mind a break. Nice little love story set in Montana in the 1880's.
Sue
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very good follow up to For the Roses, it's not of the same level but that doesn't mean I did enjoy it.

Originally read in 2012, revisiting old favorites in 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Velvet Song (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Tetralogy  #3)
  • All I Need Is You (Straton Family, #2)
  • Eternity (Montgomery/Taggert, #17)
  • Tender Rebel (Malory-Anderson Family, #2)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • Velvet Angel (Velvet Montgomery Annuals Tetralogy #4)
  • A Heart so Wild (Straton Family #1)
  • Morning Glory
  • Sweet Nothings (Kendrick/Coulter/Harrigan, #3)
  • No Loose Ends: A Lady Kate Mystery
  • Wishes (Montgomery/Taggert, #14)
  • Devil of the Highlands (Devil of the Highlands, #1)
  • Until You (Westmoreland, #3)
  • A Lady of the West (Western Ladies, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)
  • Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Once a Spy (Rogues Redeemed, #4)
With more than 35 million books in print and 26 NEW YORK TIMES bestsellers, Julie Garwood has earned a position among America's favorite fiction writers.

Born and raised in Kansas City, MO, Ms. Garwood attributes much of her success to growing up in a large family of Irish heritage. "The Irish are great storytellers who relish getting all of the details and nuances of every situation. Add in the fa

Claybornes' Brides (Rose Hill) (5 books)
  • For the Roses (Rose, #1)
  • One White Rose (Rose #3)
  • One Red Rose (Rose, #4)
  • Come the Spring (Rose, #5)