Start by marking “Azuri Fae (Caledonia Fae, #2)” as Want to Read:
Azuri Fae (Caledonia Fae, #2)

Azuri Fae (Caledonia Fae #2)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  1,191 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Book 2 in the Caledonia Fae series.

A faerie prince disappears in the borderlands, and his father enlists the help of outcast Eilidh and her bonded druid, Quinton Munro. Tantalised with hints of a lost and ancient magic, they learn that time is working against them every step of the way. Is the prince’s disappearance related to the vanishing of an entire Scottish village?

Fa
Published November 20th 2011 by Trindlemoss Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Azuri Fae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Azuri Fae

The Iron King by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter by Julie KagawaThe Lost Prince by Julie KagawaThe Iron Knight by Julie KagawaThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Everything Fae
268 books — 160 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Sapphire Talisman by Brenda PandosEverblue by Brenda PandosThe Emerald Talisman by Brenda PandosThe Onyx Talisman by Brenda Pandos
KindleGraph
37 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Runningrabbit
I enjoyed the first book much more than this one. Unfortunately the originality which marked the 1st novel is not maintained in this one which appears to be heading in the well used direction of political intrigue of epic fantasy.
Tianna Holley
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Today’s book review is for Azuri Fae by India Drummond, and it’s the second book in the Caledonia Fae Series. If you are interested, you can read my review of Blood Faerie, the first book in the series.
Although both of these books follow the adventures of a female fae and a human druid, they are both stand alone stories and don’t end on a cliffhanger. If you read them, you are not committing to the entire series, which consists of six novels.
I’ll start with the pros: It’s a solid story, kept me
Lu (Sugar & Snark)
Nov 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Rating 9/10

This series right here is the reason I accept Author request books. Every now and then you find a gem like this!

Ms. Drummond does not disappoint. The world of Eilidh and Munro is explored even more and you get to see the Fae side of life. It is fascinating!

While creating a world of mystery and romance with epic fantastical proportions Ms. Drummond does not loose sight of her characters. She has a way of giving uniqueness to each character and making their decisions and actions seem n
Férial
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Actually, I didn't even finish the book. Stopped at 70%.

I'm sorry to say that it just didn't work for me because first of all, I don't like Eilidh very much. Being the main character (along with her druid), this is an issue. Also, I don't buy this faery-thing and I am so very uncomfortable with Faery/human bondings and what that implies.

As I said, it didn't work for me but given its high average rating (over 4 stars), I guess I am among the minority *shrug*
Shannan Hinners
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The story continues and it was as fast paced as the first. i loved the interaction between the characters and left me wanting more. Magic weaves the lives of the characters and brings them all into better understanding of how the Otherworld and human world rely on each other.
jess  (bibliophilicjester)
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eilidh & Munro completed their bonding and saved the day by killing the blood faerie. Eilidh has been welcomed back to the Otherworld as a hero and she continues to visit Skye to continue her training in her Astral powers. Munro is still working as a police officer while trying to convince Eilidh that he's not just some human. Just as things were perfect the faerie queen takes a not so nice interest in Eilidh and the others in Skye...and her Consort asks for help finding his missing son. The ...more
D.J. Lowbridge
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Story Overview:

Following on several months’ from the previous story, Eilidh is now a student in the hidden sanctuary of people who also have her special powers. Munroe is still getting to grips with his basic powers and recovering from his ordeal with the Blood Faerie. However a meeting with the Queen from her own Kingdom and a separate request from the Prince starts a chain of events that will embroil her and her friends in a political battle that will destroy them all or change the face of th
Carrotkhan
Mar 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Some good old fashion magic-human buddy copy mystery action. A little too neat and tidy, but since I know the season goes on a bit, I feel like it's all building up to something a little more complicated later on.
jD
I loved this one as much as the first one. I found Ms. Drummond kept with her fast pacing and strong character developement. Eilidh and Munro are the headliners but many new characters round out the cast. I was pleased to see that the author was not a one trick pony and that she could visual many different personalities.

There were some twist in this story that I didn't see coming. I wanted to strangle Eilidh more than once although her actions were true to her character. Ms. Drummond did not ma
Xenia
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading the second instalment of India Drummonds Caledonia Fae series and oh my goodness! This series is rapidly becoming a firm favourite. I have the books on kindle for computer, but these will definitely be ones that I buy in hard copy when I can. Azuri Fae continues the story of the Azuri Fae Eilidh and her druid Quinton Munro. A faerie Prince disappears, and Eilidh and Munro are tasked secretly to find him. There are twists and turns and more druids and Azuri Fae throughout th ...more
Jenn
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nicole
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
In my last review I noted that I may need to read the second book in order to determine if I like it or not. I did happen to finish this book in one sitting, and I am glad that I did decide to read further.
The writing in book 2 is a little more complicated, and I had to look up a few words here and there. Not to say that I was confused by any part of the book - but I did notice what may have been some growth of the writer in the second book.
Without giving anything away, I have to say that the
Chris Salch
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
Disclosure Note: I received a copy of the book to review from the author.

With this story, we revisit the world Caledonia with Eilidh, Munro and the others and find that there is more to the world of the Fae than their arrogance and vanity. We find that their scheming and plotting could rival any merely human royalty, that their secrets are just as deadly, and discover the cost of duty.

I found this story to be much more smoothly paced than the first book, Blood Faerie. I found myself reveling in
Ohboof#inghoo!
Aug 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved EVERY ONE of these books. Blood Faerie was my VERY FIRST trip to a faerie world (the fantasy genre is fairly new to me). I knew as soon as I finished it that, without a doubt, I wanted to read the rest of the series. I enjoyed getting acquainted with so many interesting characters. I REALLY, REALLY appreciate that the author wrote them so that they were ALL stand-alone books. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't WANT to read the whole series. But I am SO STINKING TIRED of authors who just EN ...more
Talli Roland
Nov 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After reading Blood Faerie - Contemporary Urban Fantasy (Caledonia Fae, Book 1), I was intrigued by the faerie world India Drummond so effortlessly created, and I couldn't wait to read more. Azuri Fae definitely doesn't disappoint -- if anything, it ratchets up the tension even more. Independent outcast Eilidh faces obstacles at almost every turn: with Munro in her burgeoning relationship; with the fae of her past who had cast her out; and with the new society who has given her a home. With loya ...more
Meghan
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Royal court drama just doesn't do it for me like a crazy fae dude running wild offing people and stealing hearts, so this book wasn't as good for me. I live the relationship and confusion across cultures and stuff-just not into the whole queen, royalty stuff. It was more fun when they were coppers and watchers. Ill read the 3rd one for redemption, but might give up if it is more royalty drama. Not for Tweens, but the romance is well played and not cheaply written. Nothing worse than a strongly b ...more
R. Wheeler
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I like things that blow up, characters who carry eight-inch knives and use expletives I understand. Go figure this redneck who doesn't much care for frou frou, feelings, or a lot of world building, continued to be entertained to the last paragraph of this novel. I've read three of India's novels and they continue to get better. By the way, this is an excellent read…don't read much into the missing star. I'm VERY hard to please. I don't know if I would give the best book of all time (McCaffrey's ...more
Stacey
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wow with Eilidh and Quinton back and the caledonia queen wanting to join forces and maybe let the Azuri Fae back in the Caledonia things go south but Eilidh and Quinton have a long bumpy ride why well things change in a drastic way a Queen is born a son found that is a prince a marriage made and a peace between the Azuri and the Caledonia is made see this and more by India Drummond and read book three thru six to find out what has happened until next read and review . read on
Pamela
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Eilidh has be reunited with her people after her great feat. She has bonded with Quinton and has learned of other fae that have her unique ability. She has been reunited with her father and met with the Queen of Caledonia and her consort the prince. Quinton Monroe, her bonded druid, has been asked to find the missing son of the queen. However, there are circumstances that have been hidden from them making this mission difficult. And why has an entire village of people completely disappeared?

Can
Marcia
May 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
i really liked the first book in the series, but this one fell far short. I did not feel a part of the azuri world she was writing about at all. The main fairy is dislikable in this book, all the light moments of the previous book are gone. Some of the new side characters are interesting but completely undeveloped. Boring ending. I Do not recommend unless you LOVED the first book, Blood Fairie.
Margie Jimenez
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So yes, I read this so quickly, I didn't even have time to put it on my "currently reading" shelf. The story is fantastic and I'm really enjoying these characters, Eilidh and Quinton. Their development as they discover who they are, what they can do, and the depth of their bond is riveting. I'm rooting for them and look forward to continuing to read about them in the next book, "Enemy of the Fae".
Olivia Prefontaine
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be just as enjoyable as the first. Like the first book in this series, this was also a very easy read for me (I read it in about a day) and I found myself wishing that the story could have lasted longer and maybe had more time spent on some things to allow for more detail, but overall, a very good read.
C.M. Lance
Nov 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Azuri Fae continues the tradition begun with Blood Faerie. If you liked that you'll like this one. The role of the druid is explored and expanded. Druids and Faeries both grow stronger through the bond. New powers inherent in the outcast Azuri Fae are discovered and Eilidh learns she's not alone.

An enjoyable tale that builds and makes me look forward to the next in the series.
Heather Sabian
Dec 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is a bridge to get you to the next one. Azuri Fae did not have the action Blood Faerie did but it picked up in the last half. The begining was a little slow and mostly talked about Eilidh and Munro exploring their bond. I do think the pace could have been better. It was a good story just not as good as the first one. I will continue on with the series.
Seawood
Feb 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Again, thoroughly enjoyed this one although it does move very quickly! And again, I'm a little unconvinced by Munro's lack of introspection, poor chap just doesn't get any time to do any soul-searching. But I suppose that's the way it goes when the apocolypse is nigh. Glad to see the world fleshing out more and I look forward to the next one.
Roderick Baxter
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Faerly Good

Never trust a Fae, especially a Fae Queen. You never know just where you stand. As Eilidh finds out. Queen Cadhla will do anything to destroy the Azuri Fae, including, divorcing and ceiling her consort, the prince and seeking to kill her only son.
The Azuri, with the aid of Eilidh, Munro, Griogair and the druids have other plans.
Desertorum
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-own-bookshelf
Didnt find this as good as the first one. In some parts it was very entertaining and the fae/druid thing is kind of clever. But it lacks depth in the story and in the characters. Felt more like a "bridge book" to the next one. ...more
Kerry
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
An intriguing second adventure for the very likable Druid Quinton Munro & Eilidh an outcast of the fae realm. They have to work with the fae realm in this one to try & find a missing prince. I thoroughly enjoy these characters & this series of books.
Bella Street
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
After the sparkling first book, the second in the Caledonia Fae book got a bit bogged down for me. Now that I've read the third book, I understand why. There was a need for a solid set-up--and the pay off is there.
  • Dark Isle (Celtic Legacy, #2)
  • Give Me (Wyrd and Fae #1)
  • Druid's Bane (The Arkaelyon Chronicles, #1)
  • The Mirror & The Meretrix (Blackstone & Brenwen, #1)
  • She Wulf (Annie Loves Cham, #2)
  • Talon of the Unnamed Goddess
  • Face Off (Laura Blackstone, #2)
  • When, At Last, He Found Me (Memoir of a Mermaid, #1)
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (Niki Slobodian, #3)
  • The Foul Mouth and the Fanged Lady (The King Henry Tapes, #1)
  • Swell
  • Waiting Game
  • The Princess of Dhagabad
  • Don't Call Me Angel
  • Legend (Guardians of the Word #4)
  • Wrath (The Niteclif Evolutions, #2)
  • The Gates (Resistance, #2)
Readers should feel free to contact me via my website.
More about India Drummond

Caledonia Fae (6 books)
  • Blood Faerie (Caledonia Fae, #1)
  • Enemy of the Fae (Caledonia Fae, #3)
  • Druid Lords (Caledonia Fae, #4)
  • Elder Druid (Caledonia Fae, #5)
  • Age of Druids (Caledonia Fae, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“When I was her age," Munro said to Eilidh, "I was chasing frogs."
Oron Chuckled. "When I was your age, I was chasing frogs. Come. We have things to discuss.”
1 likes