Start by marking “Blue Notes (Blue Notes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blue Notes (Blue Notes, #1)

Blue Notes (Blue Notes #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  1,214 Ratings  ·  265 Reviews
Blame it on jet lag. Jason Greene thought he had everything: a dream job as a partner in a large Philadelphia law firm, a beautiful fiancee, and more money than he could ever hope to spend. Then he finds his future wife in bed with another man, and he's forced to rethink his life and his choices. On a moment's notice, he runs away to Paris, hoping to make peace with his li ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 230 pages
Published December 30th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Blue Notes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Notes

J *deep in the heart of Texas*
3.5--Sweet--Stars!!

I was all set to give this one a full 4 stars, but then I had to deduct for the "conflict" at the end. The dreaded MISCOMMUNICATION!

That aside, I really enjoyed this one.

Jaz is a lawyer. He caught his soon to be wife cheating on him and heads to Paris for some much needed time away. To clear his head, take a break from work, etc.

His first night there, Jaz meets Jules playing at a bar. A missed bus, and Jules finds himself spending the night with Jaz.

Jaz has always been cur
Ami
3.65 stars rounded up

I don't think I can add other things that haven't been mentioned before by my other reviewer friends. Yes, the repetitive terms older man/younger man, American/Frenchman is off-putting. In fact, I actually counted around 35 mentions of older man, 60+ mentions of younger man/young man (not to mention the term 'kid' that Jason sometimes also use to describe Jules). I know Jason is older and Jules is younger, can we get on with it?

Oh, and I'm also pretty annoyed with Jason's u
Lauraadriana
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
This was a sweet story. A man travelling to Paris to do some thinking about his life, only to find possibilities he never knew he had for himself.
Jason is an attorney in Philadelphia and after finding his fiancee in bed with another man. He decides he needs time off. He goes to Paris. He has a history with that city and it might be the best place to do some thinking about his future. The night he arrives he walks into a jazz club and is totally taken by the young man playing the violi
Simsala
Dec 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Blue Notes - at first sight a GFY is more like the journey of a man discovering what he wants from life and love by falling for a much younger man on a visit to Paris.
Tourist attractions,delicious food,jazz and classical music galore,lots of terms in French language - this book really got the French-vibe...
Jonas and Jules were an adorable couple that fell in love quickly but they both needed their time to get comfortable in their relationship,especially the older Jonas who fled to Paris after a
T.A. Webb
Jan 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After walking in on his fiance and a strange man in his bed, Jason Greene needs a break. A long break, far away from his Philadelphia home. So he arranges a two month sabbatical from the law firm he is with, and makes plans to stay at his sister's apartment in Paris.

Yes, two months in Paris, the city of lights and love could be just what he needs.

On his first night there, he stumbles on a small jazz club, and decides to stay for the show. The relaxation is just what he needs, and jazz soothes hi
SheReadsALot
3.5 Stars--This was an interesting enough debut from Shira Anthony about finding love with a rebound and first homosexual experience. Lawyer Jason Greene just caught his female fiancee cheating on him, so he tucks tail and runs his broken heart to Paris to try to mend. There he meets a 22 year old musician, Jules who is gay and outwardly flirtatious, on his first night visiting a jazz club. The two become unofficial roommates, fall into bed rather quickly and Jason discovers he can love a man.

Th
MsMiz (Tina)
Dec 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: glbt-all, pdf
I really loved this story. It hit me just right. This is a GFY (although his sexuality is questionable to begin with) where we get to meet Jaz the toppy lawyer who meets a young cute submissive violin player. There are some really decent surprises to the story that keep it moving in a great direction. It does have the traditional secrets, miscommunication and Jules tend to be a 'runner', but other than that the story was solid. A plus to the story is that at least 80% of the story is based in Pa ...more
Susan65
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a pleasant surprise. I could really feel the emotions between both Jules and Jaz/Jason and I easily loved them both. Rosie was an amazing sister to Jaz, even though she annoyed me a bit when she kept butting into her brothers relationship issues (view spoiler)

There was quite a bit packed into this story and I will definitely be reading the other books, too.

My only issue, and this is a huge peeve of mine, was the excessive use of "the older man", "th
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧°**★•°**★
Jason and Jule....so in love....

My favorite ---> cuddling <---

This was a simplistic love story. The rich man poor man, simply did NOT always work for me. But, I so wanted Jules to have it ALL. So I rooted for him nonetheless.

The romance felt at times, like a matter of well timed-convenience. I did not care for that aspect.

But, there are MANY things about this book that stood out in this book that I find love....listed below, are a few....

1. Jason's sister, she was awesome.
2. The writing st
  • Squire (Indigo Knights, #1)
  • Blind Items
  • Black Heart Down (Conquest, #5)
  • Rarer Than Rubies (Precious Gems, #1)
  • Cost of Repairs (Cost of Repairs, #1)
  • Sorcerer's Knot
  • Caregiver
  • All Bets Are Off (Mountain Boys, #1)
  • The Good Fight (The Good Fight, #1)
  • Fifteen Shades of Gay (For Pay)
  • The Luckiest (Lucky Moon, #2)
  • Loving Luki Vásquez (Vásquez & James, #1)
  • The Nothingness of Ben (The Austin Trilogy, #1)
  • The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1)
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • Fire on the Mountain (Mountain, #1)
  • Blue-Eyed Soul
  • Metal Heart
Shira Anthony is a complete sucker for a happily-ever-after, and rarely reads or writes a story without one. Never a fan of instalove, Shira likes to write stories about real men with real issues making real relationships work.

In her last incarnation, Shira was a professional opera singer, performing roles in such operas as “Tosca,” “Pagliacci,” and “La Traviata,” among others. Her Blue Notes Ser
More about Shira Anthony...

Blue Notes (6 books)
  • The Melody Thief (Blue Notes, #2)
  • Aria (Blue Notes, #3)
  • Prelude (Blue Notes, #4)
  • Encore (Blue Notes, #5)
  • Dissonance (Blue Notes, #6)
“Jules rested the violin and bow on the case and sat down next to Jason. He hesitated for a moment, watching the older man with uncomfortable intensity, then reached for Jason and brushed a single tear from his cheek. For Jason, the touch was electric, and his physical response unexpected.

“Bach always touches my soul,” Jules half whispered. His fingers still rested against Jason’s cheek. “He must have known great love, and great pain, to write something so powerful.” Jason realized that his own pain must be showing on his face, because Jules, too, looked sad.

"I’ve never been religious,” Jules said, his eyes never leaving Jason’s, “but I played this piece in a tiny church once. It was like God was there with me, speaking through me.”

When Jason remained silent, Jules leaned forward and kissed him lightly on the lips. At a loss to explain the intense emotional and sexual response of his own body and equally unable to stop himself, Jason
reached for Jules and returned the kiss. The younger man’s lips tasted of wine and musk, and Jason realized that he was hungry for more.”
8 likes
“Jules sidled over to Jason and, without warning, slipped a single finger under the waistband of Jason’s pants. “I like the clothes,” he said as he looked up at Jason with a challenge in his eyes. Jason calmly extricated Jules’s hand, bringing it up between the two of them.

“You don’t quit, do you?” Jason chuckled, realizing that he’d not only gotten used to the kid’s flirting, but that he was beginning to find it a little bit flattering. His face grew warm with the thought, and he hoped that Jules hadn’t noticed.

“Nah. Quitting’s not my style.”
4 likes