Start by marking “Paranormal Public (Paranormal Public, #1)” as Want to Read:
Paranormal Public (Paranormal Public, #1)

Paranormal Public (Paranormal Public #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  2,264 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews
Welcome to Charlotte’s world of unusual powers, wonderful friendship, new love and shocking betrayal . . .

Charlotte Rollins is an elemental, but she doesn't know it yet. Now, with the help of her old friend Cale and her new friend Keller, she will fight against an evil whose only goal is to consume her.

From Kobo:

There is no such thing as a mage. There is certainly no such
Published November 17th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Paranormal Public, please sign up.

Jessica Not for me. I could have read some really well-written fiction instead of wasting my time on this. I'd advise you to look elsewhere.

Jacob Proffitt
This book is just awkward. The writing is stilted and the heroine is a puppet the author moves around on strings of impulse. None of the characters have any obvious motivations, come to think of it. The step-father hates her just because. The younger brother is sadly wise in a disconnected way just because. The friendly roommate helps her just because. The president of the school puts her on probation just because. The vampire representative hopes she fails just because.

And her decision to stay
Tanushree Baruah
Jul 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2014
You know how sometimes you think, let me sit on the couch, do something productive like read or send my nana an email, and hours later, look up from the Wikipedia article about the oldest pub in Europe you were reading on your smartphone and hate-think 'Oh My God, what a waste of time! I hate myself.'?

This is exactly how I felt reading Paranormal Public.

Paranormal Public by Maddy Edwards is about yet another sullen 'gifted' teenager who gets whisked off to a special college for paranormal creatu
Kenya Wright
Ok I couldn't finish this.... :-(

In all fairness, I read the blurb and got so freakin excited... a pure adrenaline rush! I thought.... Harry Potter as an adult! YES!

But this isn't it.

And that's why I think you should at least check out the sample versus taking my complete word on this...

I got to 25% and stopped reading.

I didn't connect with the main character.

I was mad it wasn't freaking awesome like Harry Potter (which isn't fair...)

I thought that the main characters materialization to the Para
Siobhan
Aug 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Whilst this is far from being the best read I have ever picked up, it was certainly addictive. In fact, it was way more addictive than I had anticipated it to be.

It reads a lot like every other young-adult urban fantasy book out there. We have the academy for the paranormal teenagers. We have a main character with a sob story of a backstory. We have the special snowflake aspect. It is something that has been done before, and yet I found myself unable to put it down. In many ways, if this kind of
Jess
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book.... mehhh
It was like a sad wannabe Hogwarts.
Charlotte's relationships are wonky.
The whole plot of the book was so obvious that I was surprised at how confused and in the dark all the characters seemed to be.
Despite all its flaws it was still pretty entertaining. It was a quick easy read that I didn't really have to put any energy into thinking about. I know some people want every book to be deep and complex but sometimes you just want your mind to chill in space.
I liked it and thought
Runningrabbit
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good value read. Although some of the scenes were definitely not very new, and somewhat predictable it remains a good story.

The characters were particularly diverse and likable, with a good range of differing attitudes and personality.

I shall be happy to go on to the next novel in the series. Currently sitting at 5 books.
Lindsay Kendal
This book, despite its length, was actually a very quick and entertaining read. Yes the setting is once again in a college, and yes we seem to have that everywhere at the moment, but this story seems to have a little more depth. The characters are unique and easy to connect with, and therefore makes this story, in my personal opinion... different.

As well as unique, the characters are likeable, and of course we have a forbidden love theme going on too, which I happen to LOVE! We also read about
Selina
Nov 13, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I couldn't make it more than the first two chapters. The MC is just way too annoying. She accepts things way too easily. Guy shows up who she hasn't seen in over a year and all of a sudden is walking her home. Oh that's normal. Weird mist swirling around her? Oh that's normal. She's told she's a mage and her mother was a mage. Well that must be true because of this early childhood memory of her mother telling her such. GOD THINK FOR YOUSELF! I just can't. It feels like it was written by a teenag ...more
Rachael
Dec 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Do I? Don't I? Do I? Don't I? Up and down up and down. One minute I'm loving it the next not so much. Is the main character, Charlotte, awesome? or just annoying?...I don't know. I loved the supporting characters though and I really liked Charlotte's little brother even if he only made a couple of short appearances.
Maryanne
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely spectacular!!!!!
I loved everything about this book!!!!! Can't wait to read all the others!!!!
paranormal romance 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 02:39PM
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • The Ylem (The Ylem Trilogy, #1)
  • Chameleon (Supernaturals, #1)
  • Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy, #2)
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • Mortal Obligation (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #1)
  • Snow, Blood, and Envy
  • Fate Fixed (Erris Coven, #1)
  • Timeless (Immortal Love, #1)
  • The Otherworld Trilogy: Faelorehn / Dolmarehn / Luathara (The Otherworld Trilogy #1-3)
  • Evren: Enter the Dragonette
  • Amber Eyes (Entwined Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • The Keeper's Curse (The Keeper's Curse, #1)
  • Unbound (The Guardian Legacies, #1)
  • Threads That Bind (Havoc Chronicles, #1)
  • Nocturnal (The Noctalis Chronicles, #1)
  • Phase (Phase Trilogy, #1)
  • WitchBlood (Witchblood, #1)
Maddy Edwards is the author of the Paranormal Public and One Black Rose and Spiral series!

If you want to keep up with new info from me, including sales, new releases, and giveaways, sign up for my Newsletter here!! http://maddyedwards.blogspot.com
More about Maddy Edwards...

Paranormal Public (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Elemental Rising (Paranormal Public, #2)
  • Elemental Shining (Paranormal Public #3)
  • Elemental Dawn (Paranormal Public, #4)
  • Elemental Fire (Paranormal Public, #5)
  • Elemental Air (Paranormal Public, #6)
  • Elemental Earth (Paranormal Public, #7)
  • Elemental Darkness (Paranormal Public, #8)
  • Elemental Light (Paranormal Public Series #9)
  • Elemental Omen (Paranormal Public Book 10)
  • Elemental Havoc (Paranormal Public Book 11)
“Lough looked up and gave a half-hearted smile. “She doesn’t even know I’m alive, does she?” he asked. “Sure she does,” I said. “She knows you’re alive, because she just turned you down flat.” 1 likes
“If anyone ever spreads the rumor that I’m nice, I’ll hit them” 0 likes