Start by marking “A Death That Lingers” as Want to Read:
A Death That Lingers

A Death That Lingers

A wife leaves her abusive husband, but soon realizes nothing will keep him away. Not even death.

Josie Collins is the wife of a world famous rock star and the envy of nearly every woman in the country. But the horrific truth is her husband wants nothing more than to see her dead.

Josie finally summons the courage to leave her famous, abusive husband and returns to her home
Published November 21st 2011 by Beachwalk Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Death That Lingers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Death That Lingers

Leslie
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now THAT my friends, is the way a great romance should be told.

Suggestions of poignancy, artfully detailed small town scenery and a most anticipated, non-insta-love story (thank god) I've read in a while. Sure, most romances are a bit predictable, but give the reader enough rope to hang on to the book even when they're not reading it. Make us wonder what they're doing and how they're feeling when we can't get back to it nearly as quickly as we'd like. And that's exactly what Ms. Newell did...bu
Nola Cross
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one excellent read. The writing is rich and descriptive, the characters are wonderful and the story line is riveting. I read it straight through. Don't miss this one.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at:http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Domestic abuse victim, Josie Collins, is finally leaving behind her superstar husband. She’s ready to start a new life back in her hometown, but her husband’s shadow haunts her everywhere she goes. Even after she learns of his death, his spirit still lingers by her.

Josie was a very realistic heroine. She came off as an average heartbroken woman on her search to forget and let go of the shadows that haunt her. I found her to be very enj
Carinn
Nov 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is my second time reading this book. And I have never read a book more then once! So that just shows how amazing this book is! The first time I read it, it took me two days because I couldn't put it down. It has suspense, romance, and so much more!! I love this book, and I'm sure anybody else that picks it up will love it too!!
Candi
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am not a romance reader but this book grabbed me and wouldn't let go! It was a great thriller and I loved not knowing where the story was going. A lot of fun! Can't wait to see more by this author.
Lisa Filipe
Nov 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Fans with a Paranormal Twist
Reviewed today http://atastyread.blogspot.com

This Debut release by Kaylie Newell will linger in your mind long after you read the last page.

The day that she finally leaves her abusive Rock star husband, Josie Collins knows he will be coming after her. Even after she finds out he is dead.

Josie moves back to the small-town where she grew up, back to her Gran and Poppy who raised her, back to working at the Antique Shop and hanging out with her best friend, Angela. The only thing different, beside
Emily
Nov 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Josie Collins knows the next time her husband lays a hand on her it will be with her last breath in mind. On the run from the famous Rock Star Liam, she knows others can't believe she would leave him, he is famous of course, but behind closed doors he is a monster. Running to the only place she feels safe, her Grandparents in Kansas.

Police Chief Paul Stark is aware of Josie's past, something about the haunting woman calls to him. Paul has never been able to move past the death the love of his li
SirenBookReviews
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's not over until the rock star dies...No, that's definitely not the case. This isn't a rock and roll fantasy, it's hell. And when it's time to break free, the hell only gets worse.

You can envy Josie all you want, but if anyone knew the truth, the heartbreaking secret she bears, one would know that being the wife of a famous star isn't all it's cracked up to be. But Josie is strong enough now, she's ready to go. But that won't stop her husband.

A Death That Lingers thrills. The plot was crafted
Lacey Wolfe
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
In the mood for a great romantic suspense? Well, you'll find it in this book. And be sure you have some time to devote to this book also. I made the mistake of starting it when I only had a few minutes. This is one of those you could easily find yourself staying up until 3am to finish. The love story is sweet in this one. It was nice to see Paul and Josie find happiness after so much heartache.

This book has everything, from humor, to love, and even ghosts that will leave you shivering. Kaylie Ne
Michelle Mankin
May 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
ROCK STAR AND A SEXY COP...

"Fear ran its icy fingertips along her spine..." This is a extremely well written romance with a dash of thriller thrown in. I don't want to give too much away, but I certainly was surprised at some of the plot twists in the story. I'm a sucker for character development and this book has that in spades. You identify with the heroine from the beginning and get that chest tightening feeling when she is mistreated/ignored/rejected.

Two warnings: 1. Don't read it alone on
Dory
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I bought it on a Saturday afternoon and couldn't put it down. I finished it in a day. This was a romance with a twist. I'll say no more so that I don't spoil the book for anyone else. It's a definite "must read"! I will buy Kaylie's next book that is due out next year.
Maria
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Didn't expected that! I really thought it was going one way but it didn't. Not want would normally read but it was a great book. A little Different for me. Good to change it up a little. I will say she does get rid of Him.
Ann
Different kind of romantic suspense with ghosts haunting the main characters.
Patti Jean
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kaylie-newell
check out my review at the link below :)

Dee
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance, ghost
Two-haiku review:

She leaves abuser
He tries to follow and dies
But she still feels him

Whether good or bad
Spirits can stay close to us
Impacting our lives
Angela
Apr 13, 2012
Kim
May 17, 2013
Kaylie Newell lives in Southern Oregon with her husband and two daughters. She’s the proud author of over a dozen romances, including the RITA finalist, Christmas at The Graff.