Start by marking “20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)” as Want to Read:
20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)

20th Century Boys, Band 8

(20th Century Boys #8)

Am "Silvester, an dem die Welt blutete" stellt sich Kenji dem Mega-Roboter, der Tôkyô dem Erdboden gleichzumachen droht. Das wahre Gesicht der Maschine hält jedoch unglaubliche Überraschungen für ihn bereit...!

Im Jahre 2014 derweil hat Koizumi ihre ganz eigenen Probleme mit dem "Silvester, an dem die Welt blutete": Ihr Geschichtsreferat bleibt nicht unbemerkt und bringt ih
Published August 14th 2003 by Planet Manga (first published February 28th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about 20th Century Boys, Band 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20th Century Boys, Band 8

Roy
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not as good as the previous story. We learn more about various time periods. Kyoko becomes the main character for a bit as we follow her. I think this was a step down as she isnt the most exciting person. Still an amazing series.
James DeSantis
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This wasn't as good as the last volume. However, when saying that every single volume is still solid, good, great, or amazing. Anyway, let's talk about this volume.

The first half we get a lot of information about the 2000 year. The big robot, the big showdown, and shit is about to go DOWN. Right before it does the second half jumps into the future and we get more time with our favorite school girl Kyoko and her time with Friends. She has to go to their camp where they basically brainwash you.

G
Thikrayat Al-aradi
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story is slowly unveiling.. I can't wait to know what happens next
Anthony Chavez
The suspense as to what happened on the Bloody New Years Eve of 2000 has came to a head, In this book we FINALLY get some information on what happened in 2000, what was the secret of the Friend's robot and the killer gas it is emanating, and the next chapter of the plot begins to unfold.

This chapter introduces Koizumi Kyoko, she is a fairly sympathetic and surprisingly staunch new schoolgirl heroine who only wanted to do a book report on the Kenji Faction. Instead she gets a forced visit to 'Fri
Bradley
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, mystery, sci-fi
Finally! A little reveal! Just a tiny one about that fateful night we all skipped, but at least we're getting something! Oh yeah, and a Disn-FriendLand? Too precious. I have to assume that behind his mask is some Eldritch horror to have so many people commit suicide. Maybe I don't really want to see behind his mask, after all.

Nah, I'm shitting you all. I definitely want to see what's behind that mask.
Albus2122
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Siguiendo la línea de mis reseñas anteriores de esta saga) ¿Se añaden más piezas al rompecabezas? No, se añaden más rompecabezas a las piezas: las imágenes que tenías en las cajas para guiarte son apócrifas porque son verdaderas.
Iman Danial Hakim
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Manga marathon.
Francisco Silva
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Los sucesos de La Nochevieja Sangrienta y el año 2014 se siguen intercalando de forma más menos natural. Siendo la primera un poco más interesante -ya que conecta a un nivel emocional donde el heroísmo nace desde un lugar inesperado- y la segunda asemejándose al mundo de 1984.

Los misterios se siguen sucediendo, y de hecho , se siembran desde la tercera línea temporal que maneja la serie, que es la infancia de Kenji y compañía en los 70's. La culpa y la gratitud, la necesidad de rebelarse o busca
Malapata
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Empieza la caída de la serie con tramas, como la de Koizumi, que sólo sirven para alargar la historia sin aportar apenas nada. Todavía está bien, pero da pena saber que no volverá al gran nivel de los primeros volúmenes.
Isabel Bitterblau
Este manga me está quitando años de vida....
Oliver
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fan. Tas. Tisch Bin hin und weg.
LuckyVV
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Urasawa a un véritable don pour raconter des histoires, et avec ce volume, nous plonge un peu plus dans les révélations et le passé des personnages. Impossible de lâcher ce manga !
Adam Spanos
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: viz, manga
With the latest volume 8 of "20th Century Boys", the reader is given insight of what took place when Kenji and friends tried to enter the Friend's giant robot. But the primary storyline centers around student Kyoko Koizumi who is brought to Friend Land and is paranoid that something bad will happen to her.

Needless to say, readers are being setup for something huge and I definitely can't wait for the next volume. Overall, a wonderful eighth of Naoki Urasawa's "20th CENTURY BOYS". If you haven't s
Andrea
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
February 11, 2018: What a cliffhanger! Most of the volume follows a new character - a high school girl sent for re-education (brainwashing) after she decides to research Bloody New Year' Eve for a paper. An old friend who was thought to be dead appears to help her keep her sanity and to find out Friend's true identity.
Arsenic
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas, mes-livres
La fin de ce tome m'a procuré des frissons... c'est à la fois de l'angoisse, de l'anticipation et de l'excitation. :D
Je suis toujours autant épatée par le fait que même si l'histoire se passe sur plusieurs périodes temporelles, on est pas perdus.
Rafa Castillo
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fuckin' hate this manga.
La frustración. ¡La frustración! ¡Llevo ocho tomos y sigo sin una sola respuesta!
Ah... Pero este tomo fue espectacular. Amigo Landia realmente es un lugar de horror. Me muero de ganas por leer el siguiente, obvio, porque el maldito cliffhanger.
Reija
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Major improvement over the last volume.
The stakes were higher, we got crucial new information. I like Kyoko's character and how she stands up for herself.
The volume ends on a huge cliffhanger, so having the next one on hand when you finish would be handy.
Derek Royal
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet an even further unexpected turn in the series. And a rather creepy one.
Chris
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
It's so good; I'm really into it.
Javi
TomodachiLand!
Mikael Kuoppala
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The saga is back in its phenomenal drive after the just slightly less than perfect volume "The Truth". "Kenji's Song" starts off by continuing what was set up at the end of that book; we get to follow the events of Bloody New Year's Eve as Kenji and his friends engage in a hopeless conflict against the Friend cult. This is covered with dramatic, effective writing that elevates the previously somewhat predictable storyline notably.

The main bulk of "Kenji's Song" takes place in what is the current
John Wiswell
Naoki Urasawa has finally done it: he’s written a protagonist I don’t care about. Eight books into the series, a slacker schoolgirl with no connections to anyone, Kenji’s group or the Friends, is grating. Koizumi Kyoko is our second cipher point of view since the time skip, and much less charming than the detective, who was at least pursuing the truth (and a cute girl who hated cops). Here, I have no idea why Kyoko even cares about most of the mysteries she trips over, let alone how she survives ...more
Scott Lee
Feb 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 2015, 2000, and 1971 timelines are brought together as we follow a previously minor character to Friend Land, where reprogramming is attempted and we find out more about the fate of the "Kenji Faction" on Bloody New Years Eve, a new member of the gang in 2015, and some new events from the childhood timeline that are experienced via a Friends VR program.
Jason Seaver
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-read
By now, anyone reading Volume 8 knows what to expect from Naoki Urasawa in general and "20th Century Boys" in particular - a thrilling, fast-paced story that supplies new mysteries at nearly the same rate. It's filled with flashbacks, and some of them can seem like a bit of a cheat - the characters will see something that the audience does not. But the stuff we're flashing back to is fun; after seven volumes of build-up for the giant robot, the way Kenji and company attack it with disdain during ...more
Jesus Flores
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga

On the first part we see Kenjis group facing the robot, Kenji finding that it’s not a complete robot, and that the driver is a mannequin. Past flash back to the world fair when they were kids. The fight goes up to the point where the robot faces Amigo’s statue and Kenji sees amigo.

Change to present, and the school girl seen the truth and trouble it could get her, decides to change assignments, just to find out she is to go to Amigoland, kind of a training-brainwashing center for Amigo’s youth. T
Danielle
Creepy and moving; more about Kenji's fate on Bloody New Year's Eve, at last, though I'm sure there are still surprises to come about his confrontation with the masked 'Friend'. There is also a lovely scene where you finally get to hear one of his songs ('warmed up Bob Dylan meets John Lennon'). One more of the original conspirators shows up - I miss those guys! Koizumi Kyoko is a fairly sympathetic and surprisingly staunch new schoolgirl heroine, and provides the most ominous moments in the vol ...more
Joy
নাজমুল হাসান
Once again another cliffhanger. We get to see some of the survivors from Kenji's group in this volume. Also some clue as to who might be the "Friend". Yet, I don't think the identity won't be disclosed until the very end. The glamorous world which is a facade, underneath which corruption is eating away at its core and the dirt is just piling up. That's what the world of the 21st Century has become. And its good to know that there is still some resistance force left.
Jake
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh - I had to give this volume two stars, despite the overall great quality of the series. I'm similarly frustrated as with the previous couple volumes; the withholding of information in the name of building suspense is starting to get tiresome. At this point I want to watch the movies because even though there are three of them, I might actually get to know what happened sooner!

• Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Mushishi, Vol. 6
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 4 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #4)
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 03
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 6 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Vol. 9
  • Blame!, Vol. 7
Urasawa Naoki (浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival exc

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 01 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)