Start by marking “20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)” as Want to Read:
20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)

20th Century Boys, Band 7

(20th Century Boys #7)

Wird dem "Shôgun" diesmal der Ausbruch aus dem Umihotaru Gefängnis gelingen? Außerdem lernen wir das Schulmädchen Koizumi kennen, die in ihrer Schule aneckt, als sie sich zu sehr für das Thema "31.12.2000 - Der Silvester, an dem die Welt blutete" intereßiert und in einer Rückblende sehen wir, wie Fukube hinter die Maske des "Freundes" blickt…!
Published July 17th 2003 by Planet Manga (first published October 30th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about 20th Century Boys, Band 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20th Century Boys, Band 7

Start your review of 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
RG
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just gets better and better but theres so many chapters/volumes to read!!
Anthony Chavez
Really liking where this story is going. I can possibly see this series surpassing Monster in greatness.

We finally get more answers to the Bloody New Year's Ever; however, the story isn't completely told as to what happened. This volume ended on a cliffhanger on that story line, but it was great to see the original gang more then the previous volume. The time jumps in storytelling are seamless and never confusing, Urasawa seems to have mastered the craft.

I wanna know what happened to the robot!
James DeSantis
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
20th Century Boys is a extremely well done series so far. Even at it's worst it's still good. At it's best? Amazing. A lot of people compare this series to IT and it contains a lot of storytelling elements of that but with it's own characters and twist.

This volume actually contains a lot. We get to see the future world a little more, an escape, and the state they're in. More so we get a lot of background here of the bloody new years night. We lose a major character and we begin to piece
Bradley
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, sci-fi
So, prison breaks and school reports. I can see how much the two have in common, and I'm immensely relieved that we can get a little history.

But oh my god, what has god been up to in space? This manga still manages to fascinate and have me sit on the edge of my seat.
Derek Royal
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another outstanding installment! For some reason, there felt like a few lag points in the previous couple of volumes. (Although compelling collections in their own ways.) But this one took off, rocket-like, in ways similar to some of the earliest ones. I was also very excited to find more backstory, or narrative fill-in, included in this volume.
Rahul Holani
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We look back to Bloody Dec 31 as Otcho and God narrates them.
Jon Ureña
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fiction, mysteries
A commentary on the first seven volumes.

This manga is exceptional. It mixes different timelines and characters, and yet it is tightly plotted and everything feels necessary. As it often happens with the best stories, the big event that the plot was supposed to be about, and that the reader could reasonably expect to happen near the climax, actually happens rather early on, and the plot follows the consequences of their actions some fourteen years later.

Kenji, the protagonist who as a child came
Andrea
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
February 11, 2018: A daring escape from prison! That part was really cool. Urusawa is at the top of his game when it comes to exciting action. Eventually we are told what happened on the Bloody New Year's Eve. Fukubei's confrontation with a masked man reminds me of some spoilers down the road. Do I remember this correctly?
Michael Sorbello
> This is a review of the entire series.

This is basically the manga equivalent of a Stephen King novel, channeling themes and plot devices from the likes of It, Dreamcatcher, The Running Man and quite a few others. A young group of friends that make an innocent promise which ends up creating the most dangerous cult in the world, a 'friend' turned into the world's greatest evil, a strange suicide that reunites a group of adults to solve a mystery from their childhood which ended up leading to
Adam Spanos
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, viz
20th Century Boys, Vol. 7: The Truth starts out with Shogun and Kakuta attempting to break out of prison in 2014. Then, also in the futuristic 2014, it skips to an all-new storyline involving Kyoko, who is possibly a classmate of Kanna. Both Kakuta and Kyoko want to know the truth about Bloody New Year's Eve. Finally, after books of waiting, the story of what happened that night unfolds.

This volume and the volumes preceding it swayed a little too far from the main story for my liking, and by the
Reija
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 3,5 stars (rounded down for Goodreads)

In this volume we finally get to know what happened on the Bloody New Year's Eve, except we kind of don't. At this point Urasawa has made an art of dangling crucial information right in front of your face and then snatching it away just before a reveal.
It is starting to get a bit old.
I liked seeing the past unfolding, but the payoff wasn't entirely there. This volume in general just felt a bit slower paced and sort of like going over a bunch of stuff
Scott Lee
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An excellent, excellent volume that brings all three story lines/timelines together for the first time. This volume finally returns to the story of what is called in 2014 Bloody New Years Eve, and the friends begin to re-surface more prominently, if not quite openly in the 2014 story. I've got all the trust in the world for Naoki Urasawa at this point. Fantastic characters, fantastic world building, wonderful comics!
Joe Crawford
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aw yeah! This is more like it. This volume delves back into what exactly happened in the past. We are that much closer to knowing the fate of our protagonists. Heck of a cliffhanger ending, luckily the next volume awaits me.
Peter Barr
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This edition of 20th Century Boys goes through different times and tells the original story and the current story in a way that starts putting things together. I really liked this one even though it takes an effort to follow it. Nevertheless, it's a terrific story
Kitty
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is freaken genius. I’ve never read a manga that has kept me on edge as much as this one. As the volumes progress instead of getting boring like some other series I have read it becomes even more exciting. I’m loving it.
Mohamed Waled
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing
M.i.
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very few books have ever made me feel like crying for the characters. This is definitely one of them. Absolutely brilliant writing.
Chris
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Great.
Mikael Kuoppala
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fifth volume of the "20th Century Boys" saga surprised us by offering what would have intuitively been the ultimate destination of the saga; the beginning of the final conflict between the Friend cult and our gang of protagonists. Then it surprised us again by suddenly moving the story years into the future, leaving the occurrences of the fateful confrontation- Bloody New Year's Eve- in the dark. Now, two volumes later, Naoki Urasawa finally takes us back to the night that changed the world. ...more
John Wiswell
An unfortunately shaped book. This tells chunks of three stories, none of which get to end before the volume runs out of page space, which is particularly annoying at the end as it robs us of finally finding out what happened to Keiji. You see, a slacker student does a history paper on the awful New Years Eve that this series used to be about, and by an obnoxious path eventually finds a surviving cast member who relays part of the story. That story is touching, particularly in how two minor ...more
নাজমুল হাসান
We get a glimpse at the events unfolding on the fated last day of 20th Century. And how the 20th Century Boys fought with their all to stop the world from being destroyed. The volume ends with a cliffhanger, even though we know they failed miserably. On the other hand, in present time Kanna is being chased and Shogun escaped from prison to save their last hope. The plot twist of how the destroyer becomes the savior- we can relate to that in real life also. There are quite a few examples like ...more
Jesus Flores
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
20 century 7
After Osho escapes the island he begins to tell the manga artist that escaped with him about the past, when the world fair was in Japan
On another part, a girl at school ends up doing a homework assignment on the events of New years and Kenji’s group, she meets the old man called god.
Between the two flashback, we see the beginning of what happened that time, when Kenji and friends went to stop the giant robot.
It’s a nice good first part of telling the events of that night, wanting to
Norman Cook
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This volume begins to tell the details of Bloody New Year's Eve from two different perspectives. The story in school textbooks turns out to be propaganda (I'm shocked!). The "Truth" involves a giant robot storming through Tokyo while Kenji and his buddies confront the men who control it. But what secret does the robot hold?
Stephen
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good volume - the different timelines converge in really fun and interesting ways, and the plot continues to develop. A genuine atmosphere of menace. Good stuff.

Durning Library - last due date 14/06/2011
J.
Mar 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than volume 6 in that it has more to do with the primary plot of stopping the robot. I'm still not wild about telling it all through flashbacks, but I'm assuming that will pay off. The art is still superb, though.
Danielle
More answers about Bloody New Year's Eve, more heroics from Kenji and the gang. I love the snapshots of the gang as children, and the story of the Expo is great. Donkey, Kenji and Otcho are just such terrific characters. Go jailbreak!

Reread Jan 2015.
Laurelyn Anne
Sep 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
Almost third of the way through! Long form, suspenseful, well crafted (even the subplots!) tragedy big and small in this volume.
Fadheelah alrasheed
the arc of this chapter deemed to be very childish
Jamil
Mar 17, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga, urasawa
a bit like LOST in that when you finally begin to get some answers, mysteries pile upon mysteries...
Dru
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-graphic-novel
About halfway through two different characters begin to tell what happened on Dec 31, 1999.

• 鬼滅の刃 10 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 10] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #10)
  • 鬼滅の刃 9 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 9] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #9)
  • 鬼滅の刃 8 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 8] (Kimetsu no Yaiba, #8)
  • Akira, Vol. 6
  • Vinland Saga, Volume 1: For Honor and Vengeance
  • Akira, Vol. 3
  • Vinland Saga, Volume 2: England at War
  • Vinland Saga, Volume 4: A King Is Born
  • Vinland Saga, Volume 3: A Bloody Coming of Age
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール:re 14 [Tokyo Guru:re 14] (Tokyo Ghoul:re, #14)
  • Coda, Vol. 1
  • No Longer Human
  • Akira, Vol. 4
  • Shigurui 7
  • Vagabond, Vol. 1
  • おやすみプンプン 1
  • Akira, Vol. 5
  • ベルセルク 40 (Berserk, #40)
Urasawa Naoki (浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 01 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)