Start by marking “Burned (Void City, #4)” as Want to Read:
Burned (Void City, #4)

Burned (Void City #4)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  426 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Void City's resident badass vampire has a secret to keep, everything to lose, and a plan to win it all. Eric has taken control of the city's supernatural hierarchy, putting all the deals and contracts that allow Void City to function up for renegotitation. When he installs his insane vampire daughter, Greta, as Void City's sheriff of the supernatural, bloody mayhem ensues. ...more
Published (first published January 31st 2012)

Jared Millet
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Lewis knocks another one out of the park. I'm starting to notice that these Void City books come in duologies - Staked ended with a cliffhanger and unresolved plotlines that ReVamped neatly tied up. Crossed felt very much like a "middle book" with lots of setups that Burned does a good job of wrapping together. The story ends with a big, shiny hook for the series to continue, but there is also a stronger sense of closure.

What propels the story this time, and what sets the pace for this one highe
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eric has a plan, if he can remember it. Greta knows Dad is up to something and is trying to find out what, if she can stay focused. And, Fang? Fang is where he needs to be, doing what needs doing. Another wild blood splattered, but surprisingly sweet ride from Lewis.
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"im the boss applesauce!" greta....nuff said. this book delivered and out did the others in the series. eric and the void city gang are still badass and lots of things happen change and get tied up. the mad mayor lewis of void city better keep writing cause i love this series.

im team greta all the was. love her new bff!
Jul 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was confused by so much of this book, but I think it was on purpose. Eric is always saying how he says he has Alzheimer's, that he can't remember, and this whole book is based on a plan that Eric has and his not being able to remember is planned in on it.I found it funny that they had to create an app for the plan and Eric kept referring to it and it was staffed 24/7 to help him out. In the last pages of the book the plan is revealed. I think I would have liked it better if the plan would have ...more
Feb 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been following this serie since its beginning. All the characters are so interesting and different, I like the truly insane Greta and Eric is...complicated as always. I was curious about "The Plan" Eric kept mentioning about, turned out pretty good Eric! Except for Eric and Greta I didn't care about the different POV(4-5 total). Why just three stars? maybe because I was too focus on Eric's Plan, it took a long while to get to it. Some things/events I didn't care about, it's probably just me ...more
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Loved it confused at times, laughed at others, shocked at Greta and her deputy LEGO-head aka Evelyn.
Still wondering what Eric does about his 4 ghost haunting him. And honestly I think Greta has taken the cake for most disturbed vampire that I cant help my mixed emotions and the fact she turned out to be my fav character.
Jun 17, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Expected publication: January 31st 2012
May 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Once again funny! Greta, she is sick in the head but funny!!! The story felt a little dry which might explain why it took me so long to get through this, but just over half way, things got interesting and I wanted to find out what's going on and what was going to happen.

(on a side note, just after I started to read this, found out that the author was working on #5.)

Aurian Booklover
It is a year after the last book ended. Eric killed Lord Philip, causing all the magic protecting the supernatural inhabitants of Void City to fall away too. The Mage Council is working overtime to keep hiding all the killings and horrors living in the city. When they finally ask for Eric’s help, he makes the brilliant decision to appoint his daughter Greta as the new sheriff, to keep all the other supernatural creatures in check. She is allowed to kill and eat anyone who breaks the rules. But w ...more
Temporary review:

Yep, I did it again. I read #4 before reading #1. Oh and in this case I really shouldn't have done that. I was lost, never connected to the characters, BUT seriously, I really want to read this series from the beginning. Why? Well...

It has to do with a very powerful vampire that cannot be killed and has Alzheimer's. He is a true immortal by night and a vampire by day (Murphy's law and all that). His daughter is feared and is quite insane. I mean she not only has daddy issues, bu
Robert 'Rev. Bob'

This book just wasn't as much fun as the rest of the series, and I'm rather glad to see it end. To be blunt, between Greta's psychosis, Eric's Alzheimer's, the Mysterious Plan, and the shifting viewpoints, it was harder to follow than I thought the story really merited.

Basically, this book is set a year after the previous one and is all about getting Eric out of the colossally bad deal he made at the end of that volume. He's got A Plan, and everything he does is in accordance with it, but we don

Mar 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eric mixed up super-natural being has a PLAN at last. Now all he has to do is remember it.

This review is for all 4 books, because I've just very happily whipped through them, at super speed. There well written, fast paced and funny.

The main character is brilliant. Eric..........Is real, I'm sure he is. I want to maybe not meet him because that would be dangerous, but in amongst all the gore and dodgy memories and the anger issues is a nice bloke.Not a saint.Not a supportive I'll cook you dinner
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the first time in the series uber vamp Eric has a PLAN... all he has to do is remember it. The previous book literally took the status quo and blew it up. Now Eric the sarcastic all powerful vampire with early onset Alzheimer's is now in charge of Void City, the fictional Southern city where the supernatural coexist largely unnoticed with the general population. Well, that is before Eric screwed everything up.

Once again for me Eric was the least interesting character in the series. From the
Void City has been on my list for awhile now, for that magical day when I suddenly have nothing to do but read really kickass books all day because elves have taken over the housework and Gordon Ramsey is in my kitchen whipping up something delicious for dinner. Why the DNF then? Essentially, that day hasn't come and I couldn't pick up the series without reading all the previous books first. I passed Burned along to Jenny, but she had the same problem I did...without knowing what happened in pre ...more
Sheri-Lynn Marean
J.F. Lewis does a fantastic job with these books, even if your getting tired of the whole vamp thing, you will still love these books! they are crazy funny! the characters are funny, psycotic and just fun!! These are at the top of my list of Favorite books!! I am waiting for his next in the series!!
I like the series, and the author, but I still wish he would stick to first person POV with Eric as the person. Greta is an interesting character, but I don't need to be in her head - it's scary in there. I didn't really care for finding out all the details of "the Plan" all at once near the end of the book either. I love Fang.
Pepper Thorn
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just gets better and better with each book. The snarky irreverence and gleefully gory violence are turned up to eleven. The characters are even more sympathetically twisted than ever. I literally laughed out loud over and over again. Burned is quoteably funny and if the last chapter is any indication of what's in store for the future I want to buy my ticket right now.
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great read. I absolutely love Greta and I adore Eric.
This book had me on the edge of my seat. Action packed doesn't begin to cover it.
I didn't realize how much I missed this series until now.
Great Read!!!
Highly Recommend!!
Another terrifically dark and funny Void City book by Lewis. If you like a good (really bad) anti-hero then this is the family for you. These people are all nuts, and yet they're totally compelling. I can't wait for the next one.
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
Really a 3.5 for me. I felt lost too often and descriptions were unclear to me so I couldn't picture what was happening in my head. i found that really frustrating so it brought it down half a star.

Otherwise, I love me some Eric and Greta! =)
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-read
Yep, Greta still rocks!!!
It was great revisiting some favorite characters in this series. I hope Lewis will come out with another Void City book in the near future.
More on Talbot would be nice. Hint, hint, hint.
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: want-more
Much better than the last. Deals alot with Gretta and she's my fav character
Inês Silva
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book takes weird to a whole new level. But damn was it to read.
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another delightful, readable, imaginative installment in the void city series. So fun.
Jenn Hanson
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: j-f-lewis
I think that this one was my favorite so far. That's pretty much all that I can say.
Jeff Cadoff
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Doggone it, but this series is soooo much fun!!! Greta is da boss!!!
#4 (final book) Void City - UF

I enjoyed #1 & #2 much more. Books 3 & 4 were repetitive, and I had trouble following the plot, and wasn't much interested in where it was trying to go.
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Blood Thirsty!

Raucous and hilarious, don't trifle with Eric! You will answer to his daughter, the insane new sheriff in town! I love Void City.
  • Wrong Side of Dead (Dreg City, #4)
  • Doubletake (Cal Leandros, #7)
  • Sword & Blood: The Vampire Musketeers
  • Crossroads (Anna Strong Chronicles, #7)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)
  • Etched in Bone (The Maker's Song, #4)
  • Autumn Whispers (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #14)
  • Until Death Do Us Part Omnibus (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Vol. 1 & 2 (Until Death Do Us Part Omnibus, #1)
  • Grave Matters (Night Owls, #2)
  • Back from the Undead (The Bloodhound Files, #5)
  • Ghosts of Memories (Vampire Memories, #5)
  • Darklands (Deadtown, #4)

Void City (4 books)
  • Staked (Void City, #1)
  • ReVamped (Void City, #2)
  • Crossed (Void City, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Salt Roads
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timequake
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
“If your head comes off, don't start a fight in a goddamn bowling alley.” 4 likes