Start by marking “Shock Totem 4.5: Holiday Tales of the Macabre and Twisted - Christmas 2011” as Want to Read:
Shock Totem 4.5: Holiday Tales of the Macabre and Twisted - Christmas 2011

Shock Totem 4.5: Holiday Tales of the Macabre and Twisted - Christmas 2011

(Shock Totem #4.5)

Shock Totem presents the first in an ongoing series of special holiday issues. This issue, covering the Christmas season, features an eclectic mix of holiday-inspired horror from New York Times bestseller Kevin J. Anderson, K. Allen Wood, Mercedes M. Yardley, Robert J. Duperre, and more. Also anecdotal holiday recollections from Jack Ketchum, Jennifer Pelland, Mark Allan G ...more
Published November 2011 by Shock Totem Publications

To ask other readers questions about Shock Totem 4.5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shock Totem 4.5

Start your review of Shock Totem 4.5: Holiday Tales of the Macabre and Twisted - Christmas 2011
Donald Armfield
This is my third Shock Totem read. I picked them up last year on a giveaway and they kinda hang out on my kindle amounst many others I have not got a chance to read. In this issue Jack Ketcum makes an appearance with a poem we wrote on Christmas Day 1969. Below is my favorites with a small review.

Yardley writes a christmas ghost story. After losing her husband a young woman is morning the lost. Losing weight but by her side a figure with no heart beat but it feels like the love of her husband.
Gef
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Sure, it's a tad early to review something Christmas-y, but surely I can be forgiven when department stores already have their Christmas decorations at the ready for the day after Halloween--maybe even before. And, hey, isn't Christmas horror good any time of the year? I think so anyway.

This issue of Shock Totem brings together eight short stories, as well as eleven short trips down memory lane with various authors sharing their Christmas memories--twisted and macabre as they might be. It starts
Cate Gardner
Dec 08, 2011 rated it liked it
A fun little collection of weird and scary Christmas tales from one of my favourite small press magazines. Favourite stories were by Kevin J Anderson, John Boden and Mercedes Yardley. And I loved Daniel Russell's Christmas memory.
Tom
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great collection of stories. And a very nice bunch of holiday remembrances by some of the writers and editors. Fun read for the holiday season. Highly recommended.
Desley (Cat fosterer)
Oct 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Shock Totem

First time I have read any work from the Shock Totem team, an interesting mix of stories and real life memories. I did enjoy some of the stories, but some were just too short for my taste, or made me think ‘what did I miss there’. They are very good for picking up and putting down when you don’t have a lot of time.
Tanya
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, kindle
Good stories and I liked how the authors gave some back ground into each story
The Grim Reader
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Delivers in spades

Always a great read. Pick this up now on the cheap. Or you could buy it for someone who loves a cheerful festive story.
Misty
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthologies, horror
LOVED LOVE LOVE this read. What amazing tales this magazine weaves. Looking forward to reading the rest of the collections!
Victoria
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this holiday anthology! Creepy bed demon, killer clown santa, children's santa conspiracy theories, Christmas purge, werewolf, etc.

The author's give recollections of their best or most horrible memories around the holidays and I felt that was very unique and cool.

I need to collect more Shock Totem!
G. E.
Aug 09, 2013
Barry Hill
Aug 11, 2019
Stacey
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Scott
May 02, 2015
John Boden
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Mark Junk
Feb 07, 2012
Canyonxplorer
rated it did not like it
Dec 30, 2015
Kimberly
Feb 13, 2013
Harmony Lawson
Feb 08, 2014
Keith
Feb 23, 2016
K. Wood
Nov 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Robert Duperre
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
 Reading Reindeer Cobwebbed

• Strange Girls: Women in Horror Anthology
  • Till the Score is Paid
  • Don't Read the Comments
  • Things in Jars
  • The Body Under the Piano (Aggie Morton, Mystery Queen, #1)
  • In/Spectre, Vol. 2
  • Taaqtumi: An Anthology of Arctic Horror Stories
  • In/Spectre, Vol. 1
  • 呪術廻戦 1 (Jujutsu Kaisen, #1)
  • 鬼滅の刃 1 [Kimetsu no Yaiba 1]
  • Final Cuts: New Tales of Hollywood Horror and Other Spectacles
  • Lovecraft Country
  • Downfall
  • Nineteen
  • b, Book, and Me
  • These Ghosts Are Family
  • The Havoc Tree
K. Allen Wood’s fiction has appeared in 52 Stitches, Vol. 2, The Zombie Feed, Vol. 1, Epitaphs: The Journal of New England Horror Writers, The Gate 2: 13 Tales of Isolation and Despair, Anthology: Year One and Year Two, as well as Appalachian Undead and its companion chapbook, Mountain Dead.

He is also the editor/publisher of Shock Totem, a bi-annual horror fiction magazine. He lives and plots in

Shock Totem (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Shock Totem 1: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 2: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 3: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 4: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 5: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 6: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 7: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 8: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted
  • Shock Totem 8.5: Holiday Tales of the Macabre and Twisted - Valentine's Day 2014
  • Shock Totem 9: Curious Tales of the Macabre and Twisted