Start by marking “The Raven’s Knot (Tales from the Wyrd Museum, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Raven’s Knot (Tales from the Wyrd Museum, #2)

The Raven’s Knot

(Tales from the Wyrd Museum #2)

The Valkyrie's horrendous screeches skirled into the night as they fled out ...
the Valkyrie was already rising from the ground and spreading immense wings. ...
Published (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Raven’s Knot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raven’s Knot

Start your review of The Raven’s Knot (Tales from the Wyrd Museum, #2)
Qt
Oct 10, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great sequel to the first book in the trilogy (Woven Path), and picks up where it left off. While this book also contains some scary and gruesome scenes, it has a slightly different feel. "Woven Path" is more of a horror/adventure story, or it felt that way to me; this one is also very scary at times, but it also contains many elements of religion and mythology. Christian artifacts and legends mix with ancient myths and even the King Arthur tales; the result was very intriguing and se ...more
Marianna
For anyone who like mythology and want something different from the Roman and Greek mythology from the Percy Jackson series. I recommended the Wyrd museum, revolting mostly around Norse mythology. This book is fill with high pack action. You don't have to read the first book to get what going on. It does pick up at the minuets where the first book left off.
Also, to add, it gets gory from time to time.

My Blog
Quinn
Way scarier and more gruesome than book 1.

Too late, too late... It's always too late and Neil can still elicit a face-palm or two in this book despite everything that has happened.
X
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to X by: Q
A fitting sequel to The Woven Path. It is similarly much darker than the cover and synopsis indicate, but very exciting.
Lazellia
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I was a huge Robin Jarvis fan as a child, but I never read this book because I struggled to get through the Woven Path, so abandoned the series when it came out. Having given it a new go as an adult, and finding the first book good but not great, this was a welcome return to form. For some reason, I always love book 2 the most in each of his series', and I suspect this may be the case with the Wyrd Museum.

While the previous book had a WW2 theme, this story was set in the prese
Matthew Hodge
A rather blood-thirsty take on some old Norse mythology, but blood-thirsty is why we read Jarvis! For about the first time in his books, I felt the plot moved a tad too fast to allow the characters to breathe, but it was a spectacular concept nonetheless.
Dark-Draco
Nov 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Randomly, of the trilogy, this is the book I've read the most, as I must have read it at least twice before thinking to track down the first and third books to round of the story.

The story starts exactly where the last one finishes, with Neil arriving back in the present and having to face his father and the Webster sisters. But they are all embroiled on a new adventure - the Gallows God, once ally and friend of the Fates, but now a bitter enemy, has returned and is seeking to destroy them. Luri
Fiona Lane
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good follow up to the first book. It builds well on the established characters and adds some new ones. It is different enough from the first one that you are transported once again in an unexpected way. You would not need to read the first one for this to make sense.

Here there is a race between good and evil to find a relic which will tip the balance of power, but some people who would be good are manipulated to evil ends.
Sandra Visser
Although you have to acknowledge that the ideas in this story are original, (view spoiler) it all feels so contrived and the fact that everything's inevitably and inexorably heading for a horrible climax is exasperating.(view spoiler) The only thing I enjoyed was the raven Quoth. The rest is just irritating and totally unconvincing.
Edward Davies
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-reads
Like most of Jarvis's books, although aimed at children this was incredibly creepy. Again he manages to come up with scenarios and characters that are both frightening and everyday, something that isn't easy to repeatedly achieve.
Donna
Not as good as The Woven Path, but a decent sequel nonetheless. ...more
Anna Chrysostomou
This was one of the first heavy duty fantasy books I have ever read -- I suppose that I owe my adoration for epic fantasy to Jarvis.
A really stunning trilogy, written by a master
Denise M
Aug 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't enjoy it as much as the first book in the trilogy -- had nightmares with huge ravens!!!
Virginia
Mar 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great continuation of this series - still interesting - looking forward to seeing what happens in the final book in this series.
Korlekie
May 21, 2014

• Doctor Who: Dreams of Empire
  • Doctor Who: War of the Daleks
  • Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature
  • The Wee Free Men (Discworld, #30; Tiffany Aching, #1)
  • The Helpline
  • The Queen of the Night
  • Anna K: A Love Story (Anna K, #1)
  • The Creakers
  • The Computer Nut
  • Beloved Mother
  • To Kill the President (Maggie Costello, #3)
  • Freak the Mighty (Freak The Mighty, #1)
  • I Spy: My Life in MI5
  • How Churchill Waged War: The Most Challenging Decisions of the Second World War
  • القرآن الكريم
  • Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3)
  • Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2)
  • Sascha Martin's Rocket-Ship (Sascha Martin's Adventures,# 1).
Robin Jarvis (born May 8, 1963) is a British children's novelist, who writes fantasy novels, often about anthropomorphic rodents and small mammals – especially mice – and Tudor times. A lot of his works are based in London, in and around Deptford and Greenwich where he used to live, or in Whitby.

His first novel – The Dark Portal, featuring the popular Deptford Mice – was the runner up for the Smar

Tales from the Wyrd Museum (3 books)
  • The Woven Path (Tales from the Wyrd Museum, #1)
  • The Fatal Strand (Tales from the Wyrd Museum, #3)