Start by marking “Salvation Station” as Want to Read:
Salvation Station

Salvation Station

Jim, a man who is down on his luck, gets even more unlucky when he’s killed in a freak accident. Jim soon finds himself at a crossroads in the afterlife. With the help of Hershil, a supernatural being called a “flic,” Jim must either move on toward Salvation or dwell on his corporeal attachments. But does he have the will to do so?
ebook
Published November 16th 2011 by Tease Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Salvation Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salvation Station

Whitebeard Books
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ms Davroe is a fine storyteller and she has done it again. This is the most unusual story I've read in many months. But just as always, this fine writer has created something totally believable from something totally outside any normal facts! The characters are real and the circumstances are totally bizarre, yet the story not only works, but takes the reader right into the weirdness! More please!
Tally Catarina
Dec 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After reading "The Alchemist's Perfect Instrument" by A.L. Davroe I eagerly awaited the next of her pieces. I'm not disappointed! In this short, Davroe keeps to the weird, twisted style that I love so much in her adult literature, but this short is far more Kosher than "The Alchemist's Perfect Instrument."

Well, sort of...she deals with a faith based version of the after-life in this piece, which I'm sure will both interest and incense people. Though, I'm coming to respect her for having the gut
Erinn Lani
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
"What would be you choice, Jim?"

That is the ultimate question posed to Jim by hershil, a creature known as a flic. It is a question that may make or break the motivation  that fuel Jim's actions. Throughout this short work of fiction, the struggle that Jim goes through to make the right decision shows the his humanity as well as the representation internal conflict that rests within everyone.

What exactly is the purpose of hershil? What does a flic have to do with the transference of a soul from
June
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found this short very thought provoking. It kept me hooked all the way through like A.L. Davroe's other works. I loved the plot twist. This author is also great at adapting her writing style. I've read her young adult stuff as well and she's a very well rounded author.
Jennifer Stoddard
Feb 22, 2016
Emma
Sep 27, 2014
A.L. Davroe
Dec 08, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Laura's Book Addiction
Sapphyria
Oct 01, 2012
Heather
Oct 02, 2012
I write both YA and adult speculative fiction. I'm represented by Louise Fury of The Bent Agency. I've written FOR YOUR HEART; CITY STEAM; NEXIS; and M.I.A.. My latest novel, REDUX (YA science-fiction) is coming out with Entangled Teen in March 2017.

By day, I live in Connecticut with my feline hench-creatures and I make cheese. I'm a terrible blusher, have a weak spot for cuddly animals, love Laff