Start by marking “Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #4)” as Want to Read:
Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #4)

Crushed (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire #4)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  2,514 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Ian Kabra has an embarrassing secret. It's not that he once accidentally ate at Burger King. It's not that he still has his childhood teddy bear, Mr Buttons. It's that he can't stop thinking about a certain grubby American orphan. But just when he's about to take action, a dangerous person from his past stages a dramatic midnight break-in, forcing Ian to accept that there' ...more
Published December 28th 2011 by Scholastic, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Crushed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crushed

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Crushed. The title really fits the story. Gosh, Ian! You're such a coward and you worry too much! Yes, Ian Kabra just got crushed. Not only for letting his mother get away but also hurting Amy's feelings wherein he felt the same way! **continues mumbling**
On the brighter side, in this eBook it is revealed that (view spoiler). Evan was also mentioned on the end.
Here's a short plot:
It was many months after the Clue Hunt. Ian stood in front of a stand m
Joy
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well this book is too short to give a proper rating but AHH I SHIP AMY AND IAN SO HARD and the last part was just heartbreak ughhh stupid Isabel just run back to jail and let your son confess to Amy already D8

But whoa confronting Isabel was just... unexpected. What was the point of her breaking into the Kabra's house if all she did was to scare them? And from the description she didn't even seem to expect Ian to discover her presence.

Me:

Ah well plot twists are plot twists. I thought Ian's dilemm
Mark
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
its very good. enjoy :).
Jenn
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, e-book

***NOTE MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS***

The Clue Hunt has been over for seven months and Ian Kambra is planning to go to America and tell Amy Cahill that he likes her. For the first time in his life he’s nervous and he doesn’t know why. But when the night before his trip he learns his mother have been released from prison, he wonders if the son of her parents killer should even go at all.

I was kind of into this story at the beginning because Amy and Dan Cahill were changed by the clue hunt,
Steven R. McEvoy
Seven Months After The Clue Hunt

Seven months after the Clue Hunt ends is when this story is set. Unlike most of the other short stories in this collection, so far this one focuses almost entirely on Ian Kabra, and his life after turning on his mother and growing a conscience. He realizes that he has feelings for Amy Cahill and he is unsure what to do with them. As he is wrestling with himself about visiting Amy across the pond, he encounters a burglar and chases him down only to discover it is h
Anna
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
As a teenage girl, this is what I consider myself, despite the age that I truly am, I was yearning for something like this in The 39 Clues series: romance!

I started reading them because of Rick Riordan and because I love history and I never pass up a chance to brush up my knowledge with books like these, but I completely fell for the whole Ian and Amy concept.

I know that this isn't one of the series main focus points and God forbid it should ever be. I mean it would take all the fun out of the a
Edshera Mae Abella
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 39-clues-series
I really enjoyed this book [well aside from the cover because that is totally not how I imagined Ian Kabra].

*minor spoilers ahead*

A heartbreaking one, specially for anyone who supports AmIan, and I love that ship so much it hurts... this book 'crushed' my freaking heart!

Isabel just ruins everything, poor Ian. And Nellie kinda pissed me off a bit... I did not like it when she suggested Evan to Amy, no no no, I did not like it one bit!

Anyways, I give it a five because even though AmIan did not get
Marcia Adversalo
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't like this one as much as I liked the previous ones. Again, it does explain some things, but there are things in this book that I didn't realize had happened in the original series. I guess it explains a little bit, but the others had those "Ah ha!" moments that this book didn't have. Still interesting and I'd still recommend it to anyone who has read the 39 Clues series.
Kimberley Ang
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Seeing from Ian Kabra`s point of view to know more about how the Kabra`s life has changed from being very rich to poor and having their parents to disowned them as really affected their lives. It was also quite interesting to see a little chemistry between Ian and Amy even though at the end it didn`t worked out..... ...more
Carla
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 39-clues
I was devastated when I read that the Rapid Fire books would be ebooks because I didn't have an ereader at the time. The first thing I did when I bought my Kindle was buy these books too. I love them!
Bettina Schulz
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 39-clues
This book... was either heartbreaking or exciting to me.
When it began I thought It was going to be a cliche Amian story but it wasn't.

IT.WAS.AWESOME

It showed why Ian hadn't made his move yet and why Amy started dating Evan,
So, applause for Clifford Riley!
Alisha Ahmed
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was a good insight

I loved it in the sense that you saw insight into the characters lives and that helps you understand them son I thought like all other 39 clues books that it was amazing.
Jovy
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Why do guys do this? It's not a teenager thing because this happens at any age. Do guys get trained or is it in their DNA to be jerks? Why can't Ian just tell the truth of canceling his visit to Boston?
Amy Jackson
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It was amazing, it was kind of an Amian but not really. We get to see how Ian really feels about Amy and the reason why they aren't together. Didn't like at the end though, how Nellie suggested to Amy that she should be with Evan to help her heartbreak, but it was a really good book!
Lily
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I cried a ton while reading this book. This was my favorite book in the Rapid Fire series. It has tons of Amian in it and I totally ship Amy and Ian so this was my favorite book. I cannot wait to read the next book.
Percyjfan
Aug 11, 2012 marked it as to-read
Omg... The guy on the cover is supposedto be 16. He doesn't even look good, too. Male model, huh? These Scholastic people should get someone to make sure all the models they picked look ok(namely me).

Katie
Dec 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-39-clues
Tri Giao
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gods... I know why this book was called "Crushed." Crushed indeed! Poor Ian. Overall good story. I wish the ending could have turned out differently... it was really a tear-jerker at the end.
Regan
Mar 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is that supposed to be Ian? If so, that's pretty hilarious.
Rachel
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: action-adventure
This was a fun read. It was nice to see Amy, Dan, Ian, and Natalie be normal, or at least as normal as Cahill's can be, teens.
Mehak Garg
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
IAN!!!!!
Now even after this book people are against amian, I don't think anything is going to convince them...
Bri
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Great short story
Cobra214
Mar 27, 2013 marked it as to-read
Ok now I have heard this is a good one..(Amy and Ian! It has to be good!) but where can I get a hard back?! Love the other books and think that Ian can have a truly charming side!
Lady Flo
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Stupid Ian. And I hate Isabel.
Abbey
Mar 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ian! Why didn't you go to Amy's? She USED to like you...
Eric Zulueta
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Nice quick read, as expected! :)
Allisa
Jan 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the funniest book of them! Go team Ian and Amy! Those two make me laugh so much, it's almost hard to breath! Mostly in Ian's POV but with a little bit of Amy's as well.
☞Sierra☜ Bookworm☺️♪
poor Ian!! i ship him and Amy, so it sucks about what happened! it was cool how Amy plucked up the courage to (view spoiler), though ;D. to the 5th!
Bethany Rose
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
EW. The cover of this book is gross. I did NOT imagine Ian that way...
Anyways, Clifford did a great job with the short story. 5/5 stars.
Giuliana
rated it it was ok
Oct 02, 2014
  • Trust No One (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #5)
  • The Dead of Night (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #3)
  • Shatterproof (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #4)
  • The 39 Clues: Agent Handbook
  • The Medusa Plot: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 1: Sneak Peek (The 39 Clues)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • Breakaway (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #2)
  • Day of Doom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #6)
  • Countdown (The 39 Clues: Unstoppable, #3)
  • Mission Atomic (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #4)
  • Mission Hurricane (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #3)
  • Mission Hindenburg (The 39 Clues: Doublecross, #2)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The 39 Clues slipcase 2 (#4-6)
  • Vespers Rising (The 39 Clues, #11)
  • The Black Circle (The 39 Clues, #5)

The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire (7 books)
  • Legacy (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #1)
  • Ignition (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #2)
  • Hunted (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #3)
  • Turbulence (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #5)
  • Invasion (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #6)
  • Fireworks (The 39 Clues: Rapid Fire, #7)

“He looked back at the mirror. "I know it's completely ridiculous, but I can't keep quiet about it any longer. Your closet looks like it was put together by a blind nun, and your brother acts like a cross between a monkey and a go-kart, and you have the social skills of a rock. But I like you, Amy. Quite—quite a bit." He paused. "So, congratulations.” 21 likes
“I'm throwing out this bottle rocket."
"No, wait!" Dan said, reaching for it. "It hasn't been set off yet. Don't waste it, Amy. And we don't have company coming—we have Ian Kabra coming. And I know you want to totally impress him and take him to the movies and stare dreamily into his eyes—"
"I do not," Amy said, too quickly.
"Oh, Ian," Dan said, pressing his lightsaber to his chest and batting his eyes. "Tell me again about your shiny, shiny shoes.”
13 likes