Start by marking “Alejandro's Sorceress (The Cardinal Witches #1)” as Want to Read:
Alejandro's Sorceress (The Cardinal Witches #1)

Alejandro's Sorceress

(Cardinal Witches #1)

Initial release to be in the anthology, Dark and Deadly, with release as a separate ebook tentatively scheduled for May 2014.

He’s a warrior, hardened by years of protecting his town from vampire attack. She’s a garden witch who sees the world in shades of sunshine and delight. Opposites don’t only attract, they go supernova in this sizzling tale of magic and mayhem.
Published May 2014 (first published April 14th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Alejandro's Sorceress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alejandro's Sorceress

Marta Cox
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having happily devoured this authors Warriors of Possiden series I thought it was high time I find out what else this author has written. These Cardinal Witches live within the same world but they are a whole lot lighter with quirks and an awful lot of madness and mayhem in their lives. Having Basilisks run riot in their garden might sound scary to some but to Rose and her family it’s just another problem to solve.
Alejandro has survived Vampires and now he’s working for the paranormal divi
Aly is so frigging bored
Rating: maybe 3.5*
It was a nice novella, but the wait made me expect something so much more. I enjoyed it and it's a great 1-2 hours read.
Beth
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reading
I am kinda curious as to who the Pizza guy is. Vamp or shifter?
Melissa
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This novella takes place in the world of the Warriors of Poseidon series. I couldn't find a novella number but it is obviously part of that world since it has some of the same Atlantians within the book. I haven't read the series but do have it on my wishlist. This wasn't a hard book to get into if you, like me, haven't read the series yet.

The romance is fast, but it is also cute. I would have liked to spend a bit more time with the couple and get the romance a bit more developed, bu
Kristin L.
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I actually came across this story in a set called Dark and Deadly, and it was by far my favorite. I just love the laugh-out-loud humor in this tale! The characters are funny, but warm and very realistic. I could picture myself having tea with Rose, her mom and sister Astrid.

Alejandro is the mysterious, darkly handsome P-Ops officer who comes to the "rescue" of Rose Cardinal, a garden witch, with a pesky basilisk infestation problem. What ensues is hilarious, with witty dialogue and enough steam
Laura the Highland Hussy
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting on this book forever.

This is the start of a new cross-over series with Alyssa Day's Warriors of Poseidon called the Cardinal Witch series. It's a lighter in tone and more of a PNR lite. Alyssa Day's trademark sense of humor shines through as we see one of her warriors dealing with a witch and her kooky family.
Judy Lewis
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CUTE, SEXY, & DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING!!!
Title: Alejandro's Sorceress
Series: The Cardinal Witches
Author: Alyssa Day
Designation: Book One of Series, Novella, Standalone, No Cliffhanger, HEA #paranormalromance #magic #witches #shifters
Reading Platform: Kindle Edition
My Rating: Five Magically Delicious Stars*****
Wow! Color me impressed! This was my first time reading the work of Alyssa Day but it certainly won't be my last! I loved Alejandro's Sorceres
Trish R.
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
About a one and a half read...

So, the king of the Atlanteans put Harold on the couch, magically, then Alejandro picked up Rose and took her to the woods where she proceeded to walk away from him and he follows her back to her cottage where he catches up where he pushes he up against the wall THEN he picks her up and puts her on the COFFEE TABLE. WTF? Number 1 what happened to Mac being on her couch, was he still there? Did they care? And Number 2 how the hell do you pick up someone a
Elisa
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alejandro and Rose.

This is a short, funny story that ties into the Warriors of Poseidon series and just makes this world grow even further for me in so many good ways.

I seriously enjoyed the witty content, the baby Basilick's invading the Cardinal witches yard was a funny spin, the first meeting of Rose and Alejandro was steamy and that heat just kept rising throughout the book.
Having Justice, Ven and Alaric pop in is always a pleasure.

I can't wait for m
Debrac2014
Crazy family of witches! Pure fluff! Freebie from author!
Lakshmi C
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The basilisk attacked your cat after you rescued a ninja?

RTC

Heather
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

A wonderful story that is quick, lighthearted and funny. A crazy family that happens to be witches and a supernatural fbi agent.
Alicia Huxtable
A witchy good read

This is one entertainingly crazy witch family. Loved the story from.start to finish as look forward to the rest of the series
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Rose is a witch, Alejandro is an agent with the paranormal FBI. Alejandro and his partner are tasked with removing a basilisk in Rose's family's garden. After it turns Alejandro's partner to stone, things get interesting.
While I liked the writing and the banter/interplay between the characters (grandma is funny), there was no world building. It mentioned the paranormal were "out" and Atlanteans, but not anything else. I would have liked more on Alejandro's background too.
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Sorceress Stars ~

Alejandro’s Sorceress clearly takes place in the world of the Warriors of Poseidon series, since it has some of the same Atlantans within the book. I have only read book one Atlantis Rising, but have the rest on my list to read. Alejandro’s Sorceress is not a hard book to get into even if you have not read the series yet. It clearly stands on its own. I was laughing, smiling, and having a blast reading this story!

The romance is fast paced, but cute. I prefer to spend more time with a couple, but the humor that Ms
Barb Lie
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Alejandro's Sorceress by Alyssa Day is a novella that is part of the Dark and Deadly Anthology. I have been waiting a long time for this story, and was totally surprised. This was a fun, humorous read throughout, and I guess I expected a more serious book, more like her Warriors of Poseidon series.

But this turned out to be a blast, which had be laughing quite a few times. Alejandro is a hardened warrior, who is fights vampires for an FBI type of paranormal law enforcement. Rose is our heroine,
Daria

a cute and sweet short story of love and magic. Anytime there is magic there is fate, anytime there is fate... well we just have to play it there way or suffer for it. Smiles.
Alejandro suffered the loss of his family and most of his village to Vampires, as a adult he is always on target as a “paranormal cop”, he and his partner are called in to help some ladies with their Baslik problem. Things go down hill somewhat after that. Rose is witch and one of her gifts beyond witch craft is seein
Keana
May 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
I don't always have a problem with the head-over-heels sudden love syndrome, but this just didn't sit well with me. The writing was overly cheesy and the characters felt shallow. Ms. Day has quite a whimsical world built within the story, but it just wasn't enough for me.

I think that the story is more for the already established fan base that Ms. Day has accumulated. If you are new to the author, I think you'll probably be just as disappointed as I was! However, I might give one of her full-len
Eva Millien
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hardened by years of protecting his town, Alejandro is a warrior that is taken off guard by the garden witch who sees the world in shades of sunshine and delight in this delightfully charming paranormal romance. I was completely and utterly delighted by this offbeat romance and I am glad to know that it is sparking a new series, so I will be enthusiastically looking for the first book in the Cardinal Witches series.

“Copyright Night Owl Reviews”©

4.5 STARS

See my
Lisa Miller
Apr 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ok, first of all, it is not the great american novel. But it is full of some of the funniest, light-hearted, most whimsical writing I have come across in a while. Nothing about it is based in reality. There are creatures mentioned in here that I have never even heard of. But I laughed so hard!! The cheesiness is just so darn fun!!! Alejandro is so serious and walks into the most hilarious family ever created with a pen, or Word Program, or whatever :) It is a great, short, fun read, and I will s ...more
Tina
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cmc17
This book had me cracking up and the timing was perfect because I was stressed out. I enjoyed meeting the different types of characters the author introduced into this book. Even an alpha male can be thrown off his game. If you need a good laugh, I strongly suggest this book. I will be reading more of this series.
Linda
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a marvelous and funny short story that made me laugh out loud, and I loved Granny!! I can't wait to see what the Cardinal witches of Ohio do next!!
Amy T Evans
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute short read
Fran Lucero
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this . Was worth the wait. I laugh out loud many times. Rose was wonderful and loved her crazy family. Truly loved seeing the Atlantean warriors briefly. Really miss and loved this series.
Whispers From
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rose is a witch and her mother calls the P-Ops, that’s the paranormal division of the FBI, to take care of an infestation of creatures that turn things to stone. Alejandro and his partner Mac are sent to investigate. Alejandro feels an instant attraction to Rose. But when his partner is turned to stone by one of the creatures, Rose tries to get him out but her potions don’t work. After spending the night, Alejandro calls someone who can help and gets his friend un-stoned. He has fallen for Rose ...more
Deborah Carter
This was a fun book to read. The heroine, Rose, is a garden witch with a little extra. Her family is kooky. Her grandmother, mother, and little sister are all garden witches. She lives in a small cottage out behind her mother's house. Between the homes is a garden aka. a jungle. In the garden are some lizard-chickens which are causing problems. These lizard-chickens are turning people and animals into stone statues. The hero, Alejandro, is a P-Ops agent. He has special powers and has been sent o ...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Alejandro is a newbie government agent with years of vampire fighting experience. He and his partner are sent on a mission to help the Cardinal Witches with a basilisk problem. What Alejandro finds is a hot mess named Rose.

Rose Cardinal is a powerful witch who lives with her witchy-family. She spends her time helping others and caring for her community. Never giving much thought about personal time, she is shocked by her attraction to not-her-type Alejandro.

Alejandro's So
Betty
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alejandro's Sorceress(Cardinal Witches Book 1) BY Alyssa Day

Absolutely hilarious reading with Alyssa's humor throughout her characters and their endearing qualities while dealing with one problem after another get creating chemistry between two different types of people. You're going to love reading this whole entertaining series!!!💜😍😍😍😍😍😍I'm recommending that you check out this whole series and enjoy it along with me!
Rhonda Hicks
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say about Alyssa Day that hasn't already been said? This is one of those books that just make you feel good even as you go through the angst of the plot. The strong characters, the quirky personalities that are polar opposites, the non-stop chatter of a granny and of course the fated love romance. All that rolled up in the feel goods and humor. What more could you ask for? I loved it.
Gay
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! Alejandro is a special ops guy specializing in the supernatural. Rose is a garden witch as she prefers to be called. When basilisks show up in her garden her mom calls in the special ops to take care of them. The chemistry between them is electric and they can't deny it. Laugh your way through all of their trials to see where end up. I will definitely be reading more by this author!

« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
1 of 8 book in the barrage link below 1 6 Apr 18, 2014 12:22AM

• Trapped (Blood Rose Tales #1)
  • The Mating Heat (Werewolves of Montana, #0.5)
  • Rogue's Passion (Iron Portal, #2)
  • Bewitch (London Vampires, #5)
  • Dark and Deadly
  • The Merzetti Effect
  • Vengeance Moon (Earth Witches, #2)
  • Darkness Falls (Reveler #1)
  • Time Crossed (Time Thief, #1.5)
  • Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5)
  • Color Me Wicked (Castle of Dark Dreams, #0.5)
  • Abby's Christmas Spirit (Murphy Sisters #3)
  • Surf's Up
  • Werewolf in Greenwich Village (Wild About You Novella, 1.5)
  • Tempt Me
  • Beyond Time (Highland Secret Series)
  • The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1; Company of Rogues, #5.5)
  • All the King's Men: The Beginning (All the King's Men, #6)
Alyssa Day is the pen name (and dark and tortured alter ego) of RITA award-winning author Alesia Holliday. She is a multiple finalist in the prestigious RITA awards for excellence in romance fiction and has won several awards for her novels.

ATLANTIS RISING was the first of Alyssa's Warriors of Poseidon novels for Berkley Publishing, and was featured on the cover of the March, 2007, issue of Roman

Cardinal Witches (3 books)
  • William's Witch (The Cardinal Witches #2)
  • Damon's Enchantress (The Cardinal Witches, #3)
“Alejandro, meet Bob,” Rose said, and he quickly looked around the room, only to confirm that nobody was there.

“Bob? Who is Bob?”

“Bob is my cat,” she said, that quicksilver grin again crossing her face and then vanishing. “The basilisks got him just after I rescued Ninja.”

“The basilisk attacked your cat after you rescued a ninja?” he repeated slowly, realizing he’d been right. There was no way a woman this beautiful could have a personality to match her looks.

She was nuts.”