Start by marking “Worth His Freedom” as Want to Read:
Worth His Freedom

Worth His Freedom

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Miria, a young noblewoman on the cusp of an arranged marriage, meets the Ausir Tsalrin, her father's mysterious assassin, and sparks fly immediately. Tsalrin is trapped by an ancient curse, and Miria cannot escape her father or the husband to whom he would sell her, a man who sees her merely as a political tool.

Miria and Tsalrin's position is impossible, but neither one wi
Published November 7th 2011 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Worth His Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth His Freedom

Dec 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review by Ollie for bittenbyparanormalromance

The title of this book is so appropriate and truly encompasses the depth of the emotions and the turmoil that Tsalrin and Miria encounter together. Now do not think that it was all heartache. The developing love between Tslarin and Miria, and Tslarin's growing trust in both feeling love for her and her love for him was beautiful and very moving at times. When these two get together they really burn up the pages.

What truly captivated me about this book
Katherine Wyvern
Feb 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I like romance, I really do; but I like fantasy even more, and that is what really got me in this book. There is a complex original world (not medieval, rather classic, but in a fantasy key, quite unexpected)that I would love to explore more. It is true that it is only a background to the love story, but it is a luxurious background which gives the characters and their adventures great depth and interest.
I really loved the two main charachters. Miria is so uber-sweet that sometimes I felt like
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
I've always loved a good fantasy setting book. Adonis Devereux weaves a new world without the annoyance of me needing a dictionary at the end of the book to figure out what the terminology means. It's a classic example of showing the reader instead of straight out telling what the meaning of the word are.

I like the parallels between Tsalrin and Miria, the connection between them both being slaves. Again, I can't say this enough... very good world building. I think Miria finding the similarities
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full Review:

This has the same time period as the TV show Spartacus: Blood and Sand with the whole Domina and Dominus thing. I loved the TV show, which made me crave this book.The problem was the plot holes. Just because the author understands the plot, doesn’t mean the reader will grasp it as clearly.What really made me downgrade Worth His Freedom was the use of words that had no explanation. Jared? I’m sure she didn’t mean the modern jewelry store. Skenj
May 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a little slow at the beginning. You come into this new world with weird names and places and it can be a little confusing but also very exciting because it's so different. It's full of great characters (good and bad) with awesome places and very unique names.
Elyzabeth VaLey
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finally found the time to read this book which had been sitting on my e-reader since November. The authors easily drew me into their fantasy world with two compelling characters that tugged at my heartstrings. Tslarin's and Miria's battle against the world became my battle as I suffered through their pain and rejoiced their joys. The erotic scenes in this book are an extra. They could have easily been erased and "Worth his Freedom" would still stand as a great read.
Dec 22, 2012
Jul 23, 2016
Jul 21, 2012
Sep 22, 2017
Adonis Devereux
Dec 28, 2011 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Feb 02, 2012
Jun 23, 2013
Julia Pomeroy
Jan 17, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
Adonis Devereux is two people made one. He grew up in Michigan and in rural Indiana, a Midwestern boy with a passion for story. She was rootless, a Virginia native who lived in London, Paris, and Rome before her parents settled just outside Tokyo. Like him, stories burned in her.

They met in university at a poetry reading, and their love story continued into marriage, graduate school, and half a do
More about Adonis Devereux...