Start by marking “Cake Icing, Butt Budder & Tea Lids” as Want to Read:
Cake Icing, Butt Budder & Tea Lids

Cake Icing, Butt Budder & Tea Lids

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  697 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
Cake Icing, Butt Budder and Tea Lids has been described as Sweet Home Alabama, the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Practical Magic and Steel Magnolias all rolled into one. "In the South, if a woman isn’t married by age twenty-five, it’s time for an intervention." This is the basis behind Delilah and Edna Thibodeaux’s dogged determination to make sure their beloved Jezze doesn’t end up a ...more
Published 2011 by Renee Andrews

To ask other readers questions about Cake Icing, Butt Budder & Tea Lids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cake Icing, Butt Budder & Tea Lids

Jeanne
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, WOW -I love this book, THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ IN YEARS. It was laugh out loud funny and inspiring, I could not put it down and even the end was perfect. I am telling all my friends as this is a must read.. cheer you up kinda book.

Thank you Renee Andrews for making me smile so much. I am only sad I read it so fast, just could not put it down.
Brenda Waterbury
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It was a wonderful story to end my summer with! It was just a sweet story that I could not put down! I laughed, I cried and in my world, that makes for a wonderful book!! I don't know when I last read an entire book in one day!
Tuesday
Dec 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I picked up this great little read for my Kindle when it was a freebie on Amazon. One of the main reasons why I picked this was that the title was more on the whimsical side, and come on, who doesn't like cake icing? I think it took me less than three days to wind this charming book up.

The book is set in Louisiana - Cajun Country, where everyone's name seems to end in X, family is beyond tight knit, and good food is very, very important. The book actually spans a time period of about 25 years, b
Charley Girl
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book made me laugh. Not just a chuckle, but deep, belly-grabbing laughs. I smirked, rejoiced, hoped and said, “atta girl” throughout the book. This is a book that you will love or hate. If you are the type of person that believes in love at first sight (yes, I do), family that sticks together can accomplish almost anything, a child’s dreams and hopefulness and that love is worth everything then this book is for you.

Deliliah, an acronym for Deidre Edna Lucinda Isabelle Laila Ann Hiram, and
Marilyn
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Love the narration by the young Jezebel telling her story. It's not often that you can find a good story with some leading character telling the tale. It is reminiscent of To Kill a Mockingbird. Very fine writing.
Jane
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When you start reading the book, you will wonder why the title. By the end it will all come together.
But I don't think I could ever bake a cake the way Delilah and Jezebel do. I've baked a lot of cakes but not as those two. I'm not sure it would be that freeing to me.
But the book will lighten your mood as you follow Jezebel from birth to marriage. You will laugh your way through it.
Nothing is this book is like other books I have read by Renee Andrews.
By the time you are through, pride and jo
Jules
Dec 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is the story of Jezebel Thibodeaux in LA who starts the story at 10 y.o. and grows up in the bakery of her mother and aunts. It follows her life as a teenager looking for the "right man" and watches as the women in her life meet the "right man" and move on in life. There is a lot of light-hearted humor and good times in the book. While definitely not in my genre of writing, I found myself chuckling and getting involved in the characters' lives and wanting to know what would happen next ...more
Bobbye Hudspeth
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was totally unexpected. I thought it would be short vignettes of southern living, but it was the saga of a young southern girl in an "unorthodox" family...growing up in a bakery with a single mother and an aunt, all of them eventually looking for the "right man" and each finding him eventually. In unexpected places. I smiled as I started the book and was still smiling when I finished. I don't give many five stars these days, but when a book can really keep me engrossed and keep me smiling o ...more
Stephanie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved it, although it isn't like any of the books in the description. It's in a class all on its own. I would have liked to have seen more about Jezze and T-Roy since that seems to be the climax of the book, but overall it was incredibly entertaining and it even had a good message if you read between the lines. A must read for anyone interested in Louisiana culture. Completely accurate references to things there. Makes me wish I was down there right now!
Cindy
May 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I loved this book! The author really got me attached to the characters and their lives. Definitely a totally different type of story than what I expected. But a wonderful book. Looking forward to reading more by Renee Andrews!
Debra
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Strong, unique Southern women and sexy men populate this light-hearted book that I enjoyed more than I expected. The book's description says it all.

Oh, except as spectacular as the youtubes of the Christmas Eve bonfires are, I just have to believe that Jezze's is even better.
Kathy
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Quirky, delightful, warm, touching, delicious, and did I mention quirky? Love it!
Cheryl
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious book! I will definitely read this one again at some point. I really recommend this book!
Joanne
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book! It is so hilarious and fun! The characters are wonderful... I saw it in the Kindle Lending Library, read the reviews, decided to try it, and couldn't put it down!
Julie Sorenson
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Cute storylines, easy read. Overall, an enjoyable way to spend a couple of weekday evenings.
Mary
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love zany fun stories with wacky eccentric charaters. This fit that bill. A fun read, interesting characters, in a small, southern town.
Becky
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Start to finish this book took me 12 hours. I loved it!!
Elice Mcneely
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! Makes you laugh,makes you cry, just a good read!
Karen
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars because it was so much fun!

I read this book in one sitting (well, one lying), started late and couldn't stop!

What fun! A lot of living, loving and laughing takes place as several ladies wait for their "right man," the man who turns their legs to jelly, causes their stomach to clench, and their eyes to cross! Well, not to cross (I made that up) but certainly to unfocus.

No, no, these are not simpering, weak ladies! These are strong women--survivors who know enough to seize the day, no, the
Rebecca
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very cute book...funny and a quick easy read. I listened to it on audio and the narrator sounded a lot like Paula Dean! lol
Jeanne
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
It was predictable, the characters were likeable and it was a quick read.
Elyse
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Snort your milk out of your nose funny

This story takes a bit to get going, in the describing of the family, it's members, and their town, but once you're fully integrated into the riot of southern life and of finding "your right man" the story picks up pace as if you were driving a car like you stole it. And that is perfectly okay, because you just want more. Be fore warned you will need it all to finish this book - so prepare and have on hand plenty of something to eat and drink, and a tissue f
Cupcakencorset
A fun read. Set in a small town near New Orleans, this novel is cram-packed full of southern sweetness and charm. The main characters are quirky and adorable, in that near-stereotypical way we've come to expect in this type of story. And while that's not a bad thing, per se, I did find the story's complications and darker plot twists, which had the possibilities of real pathos and emotional depth, were resolved too easily. The characters were too good, in a pollyanna way, and too quick to forgiv ...more
Teresa Collins
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing

I'm not usually a romantic comedy type person; I'm more of a murder mystery fiend. But for some reason, this book just reached out and grabbed me. Boy am I glad it did. It is well-written with characters you have fallen in love with before you finish the first chapter. I laughed out loud and even had tears show up before I was through. It was also so much fun hearing all the slang I grew up with once again. Now, I'm not a Louisiana girl, but to these Alabama ears, those were sweet words! I can't
Elyse
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
I really liked it. it's campy fun. the first few chapters were a bit slow and need some caffeine to get it going, but about the time the bonfire gets built it speeds up with lots of charm. it's not about feminism, independence or the lack of a man. It's about family and the nutty stuff that comes from those bonds of being so close to the crazy people we come from... it's just a funny read. careful not to snort your drink out of you nose. the audible version at audile.com is even better with the ...more
Jacqueline Hopkins
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as a lighthearted, fun, get you out of your own reality read. It is along the lines of Eat, Pray, Love and The Help, and if you enjoy both of those, you will enjoy this one.

I do have to say the cover is something left to be desired, and as with any book, self-published or traditionally published, it could use another proof-read or editor, but it did not hinder my enjoyment of reading this book.
Sandra Muldowney
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to laugh out loud and believes in love at first sight, and destiny. I enjoyed the story told through the eyes of Jezze, who grows into a 20something young lady in a family with a strong mom and aunt. There were some unexpected plot twists, which kept things interesting - nothing too developed or complicated. I enjoyed it and was glad I chose to read this freebie.
suzi
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I love it! It was offered for free on Amazon and I got interested because of the quirky title. I wanted to know what the h*** is a butt budder.The romance was a little idealistic methinks. But at the same time it's realistic too. At least for some of the women in the book. What makes this book great is how the relationship between the Thibodeaux's is shown. You'll really feel that you know them personally especially the main character, Jezebel. Highly recommended.
Jennifer Marschel
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I did like this book. Every now & then it is nice to read an easy and lighthearted book. It was entertaining but not hugely laugh out loud funny as some other readers had suggested. I would recommend this to someone who just wants an easy enjoyable read. I was debating between 3 & 4 stars and ultimately decided on 4 because it made me laugh, smile and it kept me coming back for more. It was not hard to get into but it was hard to out down.
Diane
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Intrigued by the title and that it was a free for Kindle, I added this book. So glad I did. It is fresh, funny and full of personality. The family dynamic is interesting and ever changing, the characters are fun to know and the story line moves well from childhood to adulthood for Jezze as she attempts to understand the people around her and her own lot in life. Not being a baker I will, however, never look at cake decorating in the same way ever ever again! ;)
Pre completion critique 1 9 Jun 14, 2012 04:46AM
  • The Merry-Go-Round
  • Mourning Becomes Cassandra
  • Cool Shade
  • Three Moons Over Sedona
  • Plan on It
  • The Last Killiney (Ravenna Evans, #1)
  • Downtown Green (Green #5)
  • Deedee Divine's Totally Skewed Guide to Life
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Betting on Hope
  • Elsie: Adventures of an Arizona Schoolteacher 1913-1916
  • Cold Turkey (Events Unlimited, #1)
  • Sugar Crash
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Work for Hire
  • After I Do
  • His Not So Sensible Miss
  • Elly in Bloom
National Readers' Choice Award and RT Reviewers' Choice Award winner Renee Andrews spends a lot of time in the gym. No, she isn't working out. Her husband, a former All-American gymnast, co-owns ACE Cheer and Tumbling. She is thankful the talented kids at the gym don't have a problem when she brings her laptop and writes while they sweat. When she isn't writing, she's typically traveling with her ...more
More about Renee Andrews...