Start by marking “Kill Shot (Wounded Heroes #1)” as Want to Read:
Kill Shot (Wounded Heroes #1)

Kill Shot

(Wounded Heroes #1)

Former combat medic Kory Wagner has been in four war zones, served three tours in Iraq, survived countless firefights, RPG’s, IED’s and even a helicopter crash. Now she’s home and out of the Army for good and someone is trying to kill her in her own backyard. Just as disturbing is the handsome sheriff who’s on the case.

Sheriff Sean Harding doesn’t quite know what to think
Published (first published November 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Shot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Shot

Start your review of Kill Shot (Wounded Heroes #1)
Danielle Thorne
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With four tours in the Middle East, a Bronze Star, and psychological scars, Kory Wagner leaves the danger of the army to begin a quieter life outside a war zone. Her reprieve from battle is short-lived when her sister is murdered under suspicious circumstances, and she must do her own research to find the answers she is looking for. When the private investigator Kory hires is killed, she must work together with the small town 's protective and handsome Sheriff Sean Harding to find the murderer w ...more
Bonny Millard
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wounded Vets Call Out Your Heart

I have a brother in law who is a vet, plus my dad, a vet if WWII. I always wondered how they felt? My brother I law as in Iraq right after the bombing of Baghdad. There are many more vets in my family-Korean War, Cold War, Desert Storm- many! I am proud of them and their service. This story reminded me.
Patty
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when she thinks she can come home and try to acclimate to civilian life, Kory Wagner finds herself trying to find her sister's killer. She has been through it all, several tours in the Middle East with a nickname of Cat since she has 9 lives, this soldier should not have to be facing this tragedy. When she finds the private investigator she hires dead, things go from bad to worse. But Sheriff Seth Harding is here to help, and not only with the investigation! Kill Shot is suspenseful, full o ...more
April
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kill Shot
Anne Patrick

This is an interesting novel dealing with Former combat medic Kory Wagner and the struggles she has returning to civilian life. She suffers from flashbacks and PTSD. When she returns to her grandfather's property, murder and suspense begin.

Sheriff Sean Harding tracks her down and they begin to get to know each other. They work together as well as independently to solve several crimes.

The Sheriff and others in the community try to help her restore her faith.

There is plenty
Jan Miller
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kill Shot by Anne Patrick is a clean and powerful listen that brought me new awareness of PTSD. I enjoyed this murder mystery in a christian format. I had never guessed the killer! Kudos to the author for not making the suspect obvious! I especially loved the pranks described in the book and found Kory to be a delightful character.The sense of community was well done in this book. Seth has a heart of gold, and his reaction to the bait was priceless. Leonor A. Woodworth was perfect bringing the c ...more
Ellen White
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kory while in the military had seen it all, and survived. Her sister was murdered and she wanted answered. She hired a PI and also had a call that someone wanted to buy the warehouse. Both meeting were to be there , upon arriving she found her PI murdered, and someone wants her dead.
She reported the murder to the police and then disappeared into the woods . The sheriff finally located where she was staying, intrigued by someone who could evade the search party. They work together and single to
Paula Dyches
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murder Mystery, Thriller & Romance

This one was really a lot of fun to listen to. Kory is out of the military and struggling with her sister's murder and trying to investigate it, dealing with her own PTSD from her years of service in the Middle East, and now it looks like the murderer is after her. The town sheriff is both irritating and sweet but she's not sure she's up for romance on top of it all. It quite simply has it all murder, mystery, thriller, romance and a good clean Christian tone th
Natalya
May 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Kory and Sean’s story will hook you on the first page. It has suspense, drama, romance, plus a military hero and a handsome sheriff! It will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next.

I received a complimentary copy of the audiobook; I was not required to write a favorable review. All opinions in this review are my own.
LaDonna
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice Christian Fiction read

This book was a good mixture of mystery, romance, and faith. The author balanced each element very well. Kory's story was very realistic and relatable. There are lots of good supporting characters and I can't wait to read the next book.
Alice LaJuett
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very real

This is one of the most real books I've read! It addresses the issue of PTSD in veterans, it has an awesome story line with strong, believable characters. I didn't want the book to end.
Anna Waltzman
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An inspiring story

Anne Patrick gave us an awesome glimpse of post traumatic stress. Her protagonist was inspiring as a military medic as she dealt with the ravages of war. I highly recommend this book.
Carolyn
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable Christian romantic suspense with emphasis on military veterans and PTSD. Although I sometimes found Kory a bit abrasive when paired with the ever-patient Sean, their romance resolved nicely.
Dave Smith
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!!!

Great story with a mixture of action, mystery, love, and faith. A Great read for just about anyone. Looking forward to figure books!
Marilyn
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the book brings things out about what veterans have to learn to live with after coming home from war torn countries.
Ppianogirl1963gmail.Com
Great book

Another wonderful book by Anne Patrick! I loved getting to know Kory and Sean. I can't wait to read the next in the series.
KAREN KELLY
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Read with a surprise ending

Good story. Well developed main characters with some depth to them. My second read from this author with a plan for more.
Babs
I have to say I might be a bit bias, but I have loved all of Anne's book that I have read so far. When Anne contacted me about her newest book of course I said yes as the blurb sounded interesting.

Kory Wagner has come home after retiring from the Army. After several years and 3 tours through Iraq she thought the time had come to get out. Kory has seen too much distraction and heartache. She was a combat medic and watch her members of her own platoon get killed. She also made some good friends wi
Patricia
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
There is a lot of potential in this story. There are just some things in the story that don't add up for me. Two examples, though there are more. First, the sheriff comes to the warehouse after Urlik is killed and decides by the end of that chapter that the blood trail belongs to Kory AND that someone is hunting HER and wants HER dead. Those are such leaps of logic. There is no way finding a scrapbook could have told him all that or looking around the crime scene could reveal the killer's object ...more
Ruth Hill
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There is nothing like a good mystery, and when you add a bit of romance and a Christian message, I don't think it gets much better! This book had me hooked from beginning to end, and just when you thought everything was fine, the action heated up right at the end.

I honestly cannot think of anything negative about this book. It is the first in the series, and this was the first book I had ever read by Anne Patrick. There is absolutely nothing objectionable--completely clean in every area. And th
Melanie
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/RVVW8GQN...
Review on my blog (to be posted 3/20): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Kill Shot is the second book I've read by Anne Patrick (the first being Fire and Ash) and a good suspense read. I really liked how the book dealt with the military and war vets - their sacrifices and struggles with adjusting back to civilian life.

The characters were great. I loved how Sean and Kory acted towards one another and there were some very humorous sce
Englishrose
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book with lots of character depth. Kory is a war vet, dealing with severe PTSD as well as the death of her sister and someone out to kill her. She doesn't seem phased as much by the things that have happened since she's been home, but the stress of her experiences in war haunt her. A reluctant damsel in distress, her independence shines through and almost pushes everyone away. Sean is a good man, though we don't see much of him except in how he is with Kory. They work wel ...more
Pat Whitworth
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When traffic is bad at least I'm not dodging bullets.

Someone wants her dead, but why ? Her sister was murdered but they said it was a hit and run. She knows better now they're after her.
Debra Elliott
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

The story kept me engaged all the way through the book. Can't wait to read the next one in the series.
Ally
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a wonderful series!
DeeAnn Christensen
Good book!

Have really enjoyed this book. There was just enough mystery, humor, and romance to keep my interest. Ms. Patrick will definitely go on my list of good writers.
Frances
What an intriguing surprise leading lady. Loved it! Loved it!
Abby
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great romantic suspense with complex characters. It really draws you in!
Phyllis L. Shackelford
Aug 29, 2019
Carol
Dec 27, 2013
Annie Rob
Mar 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Rains of Remorse (Lantern Beach Romantic Suspense #5)
  • Unintended Target (Unintended #1)
  • Safe Harbor (Lantern Beach Blackout #2)
  • All That I Dread: A K-9 Search and Rescue Story
  • Rising Tide (Lantern Beach Blackout #4)
  • Beneath the Surface (Dive Team Investigations, #1)
  • Beyond Good & Evil (A Victor Loshak Thriller #1)
  • Ripple Effect (Lantern Beach Blackout #3)
  • Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)
  • Standoff (Natchez Trace Park Rangers #1)
  • Thunder Valley
  • Undercover Amish (Covert Police Detectives Unit #1)
  • Loren's Hope
  • The Dead Chill (Sidney Becker, #2)
  • The Tough Warrior (Quinn Family #4)
  • Mail Order Brides of Spring Water Books 1-3
  • Mail Order Bride: Bozeman Brides (Western Brides Sweet Romance Book 2)
  • Deal with the Devil (The Law Wranglers, #1)
Anne Patrick is the author of more than a dozen novels of Romance, Mayhem & Faith including the award-winning and best-selling Wounded Heroes Series, Fire and Ash and Out of the Darkness. When she isn't working on her next novel she enjoys spending time with family and friends. A former Oklahoma native, she now resides in Kansas. Look her up on social media. She loves to hear from her readers!

Soci

Wounded Heroes (5 books)
  • Trespasses (Wounded Heroes #2)
  • Betrayal (Wounded Heroes #3)
  • Secrets (Wounded Heroes #4)
  • Vengeance (Wounded Heroes #5)