Start by marking “Wild Crush (Wild Cards, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wild Crush (Wild Cards, #2)

Wild Crush

(Wild Cards #2)

When the only girl you want is the one you can't have...

Bad boy Vic Salazar breaks all the rules except one: Don't make a move on your best friend's girl. It’s a Guy Code that Vic lives by. It doesn't matter that he's had a crush on her for years. Monika Fox is off limits.

Monika has a secret of her own and when a tragedy throws her and Vic together, the only boy she
Published September 22nd 2015 by NLA Digital LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wild Crush, please sign up.
Read InAGarden Simone Elkeles tweeted that the American title is Wild Crush with a release date of 9/22/2015

Start your review of Wild Crush (Wild Cards, #2)
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Allison
Oct 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
10/12/13 - I NEED THIS BOOK NOW.

08/08/14 - Still waiting for news... Any news at all.

12/30/14 - IT HAS A TITLE.
Booknut
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Vic in summary:
Nina
Nov 15, 2011 marked it as to-read
Victor. Victor. Victor. Pleeeeeease be about Victor!
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

I was starting to doubt that I would ever get to read another book in this series when no dates could be seen anywhere, but finally, it came and it made me really happy. I love Simone Elkeles' writing so much and I couldn't wait to read more from this world.

This book reminded me from time to time of Perfect Chemistry though the relationship between the two main characters wasn't anything like Alex and Brittany's, their backgrounds were quite similar to
Christina
I loved Wild Cards and automatically assumed I would love Wild Crush too. However I was disappointed and left quite unsatisfied with Wild Crush. While Wild Crush was easy to read, the story was bland and lacked originality. The development of the relationship between Vic and Monika was near non existent! I don't want to be told that they had known each other for a while and suddenly realised their feelings. I want to be shown! Chuck in a flashback or something! Give me the initial butterflies!

Rachel
Half of the book was the main characters pitying themselves. NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED! That was it. They just felt sorry for themselves, and both characters were stupid af.

WTF? Simone wrote Perfect Chemistry... how could she produce THIS? What's wrong with the world? The only reason why I FORCED myself through it is because Simone is my home girl. But this crap will not fly. It was literally:

Vic: poor me
Monika: poor me
Vic: I love you but I can't be with you
Monika: Me too. I hate myself
Vic: I hate
Tash
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
10-12-13

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Nov 30 2015
Disappointed. :( The build up was goos but the ending feels rushed. I really liked the characters but the plot and the stories didn't bond well.

But yey for Alex's appearance. Hehehe
Anatea Oroz
I always say, whenever you read a Simone Elkeles book, you just have to finish it in one sitting. It was true with Wild Crush too, but what is different with this one, it was disappointing. Like, really really disappointing.

Simone usually always writes about hot Mexican bad boys, and we have Victor here. But she didn't make me swoon about him, she didn't make me wish he was my boyfriend. Until now, she always managed to do that.

This book just felt blah on so many levels. I didn't really feel
Rebecca Wash
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't connect to the characters at all. I felt like everything was really fast paced and I didn't understand the feelings the characters were having. I don't know... I've struggled with contemporary books lately. So it could just be me.
At
Mar 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
I need my hands on this book. Immediately!
Laci
DNF I'm can't remember what %.

There nothing wrong with the book. My taste has changed.

Jenna
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
It was o.k. After Perfect chemistry I just can't get the same fix from Simone's Elkeles books. The story felt rushed.
ضحى الحداد
Well, maybe because I expected much from this book that it couldn't match up .. I wanted to feel sympathetic towards Vic but he was a grade A jerk .. I wouldn't want to be near someone like that Ew.. I liked that we get to see Alex again <3 .. I felt my heart flutter when I saw my favorite boy well and happy with his wife Brittany :D .. but overall this was boring
Yasmin
-0.00000000000000(infintity)1 'Yes My Hopes For Good Writing Have Been Crushed' Stars!

Huh...so before you decide to read my review, you must know there are many SPOILERS

[image error]

ahead.

When I had read Wild Cards, it was comparatively better than her other series. Sure if I re-read it now, I'd have even lower opinions to be honest, but still. I was looking forward to Vic's book and when I heard it came out, I was all,

description

In I went...like a naïve little shit because Yasmin, as already stated, is
Lani
Aug 03, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2016-releases
EDIT: 7.1.2015.
Oh it has a name... huh don't know how I really feel about it..
• • • • • • • • • • •
So it is about Vic and Monica... but I don't want him with Monica... I want him to find another girl... Leave Monica and Trey aloneeeeee
Angy
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
liked the book. but loved the first one more.
Debra Elsner
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adore Ms. Elkeles's books. They are stories about struggles that young adults go through in high school. In book 2 of this series, we are back to the gang we met in Better than Perfect. Victor Salazar and his best friend Tray do everything together. Even love the same girl, not that Tray knows that. Nor does Monika. Victor has spent his life put down by his controlling father, told over and over that he is worthless and is stupid. After years of hearing this, he almost believes it all. ...more
TG KMT | QUESTL❥VE
I seriously loved this authors' other series "Perfect Chemistry".. so why don't i love this series?! Gaaah.. the characters are so damn irritating!

I swear all i kept saying was..
description

GET OVER IT.

Isa was the only saving grace in this whole entire goddamn book! I hope she gets her own story...
Shannon
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet romance. I really love this author - she has a way of writing romance that makes me connect to the characters and it's not too fast or too cheesy - it's just right. This one was a bit heavier than I was expecting but it was a solid story that I enjoyed a lot! I definitely need to read her other series.
greenwanderer24
I HAVE TO KNOW IF ITS ABOUT DERECK AND ASHTYN, OR NOT. THIS SELF-ASSUMING OF ME IS DRIVING ME NUTS
Kayla
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review up on my blog:

Simone Elkeles is one of my favorite authors!! In high school I read her Perfect Chemistry series and absolutely feel in love with her writing. Sadly over the years I have drifted from her books, however this past week I found myself pick ing up her books and falling in love with the writing a characters all over again.

Victor and Monika have so many secrets and feelings that they keep to themselves but when tragedy strikes they find
Anabelle
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
So Intense....
Krystal
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was very emotional, and raw, between the secrets that are hidden behind closed doors and Vic fighting for the love of his love, I really loved it. You get to see how Monika feels and Vic and their thought process on what the right thing to do is. The only downfall about the book is that the ending was very rushed and it could have been longer. I really love Simone Elkeles work and the fact that Alex Fuentes mad an appearance in this book was amazing!
Zeljka Rankovic
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it

See, I remember the first time I read one of Simone Elkeles' books. It was Perfect Chemistry and I was hooked. I read the whole series, then I discovered Leaving Paradise, do I read that too. I wanted more... so I read Wild Cards. And, daaamn, I was surprised that I still liked her books so much. After some time, I stopped waiting and waiting for a sequel. And then, when I least thought about it, there it was, publishing date staring proudly at me from the screen. And I just knew I had
Jordan Frank
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. You see the battle or feelings that both Vic and Monica had for each other. Then the emotional feeling that you feel as a reader for about half the book. It was nice seeing appearances from Ashtyn and Derek. I can't wait for the next book in the series to come out and seeing who the next couple is.
Kara
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Elkeles is one of my favorite authors. her books are usually always a spot on great read for me!
this book was ne different... the characters, the setting, the plot - just awesome.

If you haven't read this author... what are you waiting for?
Kim
May 11, 2016 added it
This book has a really really bad cover hahaha. And it had potential...but it didn't quite work.
Tracey
Sep 02, 2015 rated it liked it
It was okay. Not as good as others by this author and I'm afraid it lost a star for what seemed like a really rushed ending.
Erika
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Vic and Monika are two friends separated by secrets and friendships. As they face tragedy, they find themselves and maybe even each other.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Stir Me Up
  • Defending Taylor
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Racing Savannah
  • Long Way Home (Thunder Road, #3)
  • Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road, #1)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
  • Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)
  • Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Breathe, Annie, Breathe
  • Chasing Impossible (Pushing the Limits, #5)
  • Walk the Edge (Thunder Road, #2)
  • Coming Up for Air
  • Red at Night (Pushing the Limits, #3.5)
Simone Elkeles is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of novels for teens. Simone’s books have won many awards including being YALSA Top Ten Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, being named to the YALSA Popular Paperbacks and Teens Top Ten lists, and added to the Illinois “Read for a Lifetime” Reading List. Simone also won the coveted RITA award from the Romance Writers of ...more

Wild Cards (2 books)
  • Wild Cards (Wild Cards, #1)