Start by marking “Zeitenlos. Der Anfang” as Want to Read:
Zeitenlos. Der Anfang

Zeitenlos. Der Anfang

(The Pace #1)

Sophie ist gerade mit ihrer Mutter nach Kalifornien gezogen und eigentlich ganz zufrieden mit ihrem Leben. Doch dann rammt sie beim Ausparken das Auto eines Jungen, der unglaublich charmant und gut aussehend ist.

Sophie kann nicht aufhören, an ihn zu denken, aber als sie Weston wiedersieht, merkt sie schnell, dass er etwas vor ihr verbirgt. Warum lebt er allein in einem ri
Taschenbuch, 366 pages
Published April 7th 2012 by Baumhaus Verlag (first published August 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Zeitenlos. Der Anfang, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zeitenlos. Der Anfang

Shelena
Jul 08, 2009 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'll leave out my personal rating, but I will say it has been truly amazing to bring Sophie and Weston to life. I hope you all enjoy. They have an awesome story to tell!
Arlene
Aug 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arlene by: Goodreads Book give-away winner!
Goodreads Book give-away winner!

The Pace by Shelena Shorts is a great read that’s full of suspense and constant action. The book does a great job of keeping the reader engaged because just when you think you’ve figured out the details, the novel turns and brings to light a whole new angle to the story, which keeps you captivated the whole way through.

I enjoyed this novel for several reasons. One, the two main characters, Sophie and Wes, are well developed and extremely likeable. As a reader, I w
Michelle
Aug 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Original Review - Here!

In a time where so many stories carry the “mortal and immortal” element, The Pace distinguishes itself by knotting two topics that have been debated and constantly separated: science and X spiritual themes. Who said both couldn’t get along? Certainly not Shorts, who has gotten them together in order to create a novel that involve elements like: suspense, mystery and romance. The story’s narrated by Sophie after moving to California with her mother. There she meets We
Jennifer Murgia
Jul 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful book!
The beginning of The Pace sets a nicely paced setting of the world we are about to enter, which truly becomes a page turner after the first chapter. Honestly, I carried this book around the house with me - I didn't want to stop reading it even for a second! I became so absorbed in the world Shelena created. The story of Sophie and Wes unravels in a well written collage of secrets, tender moments, journals and memories -allowing the attraction and developing relationship b
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
Hmmmmm, well I didn't know what to expect, but I didn't like it. At one point I wanted to stop reading but I decided to keep going since the book wasn't that long. It wasn't worth it.

I just didn't think it was very interesting. The first 4/5 of the book is them pining after each other. I didn't get it. Really, nothing happened. I might as well have been reading her diary about Sam this, Edward that... whoops! I meant Wes. Wes!

Speaking of Wes, I couldn't help compare him to Sam from Shiver. He w
~Tina~
Nov 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Living in Canada, this book as not been released here and Shelena-the sweetheart that she is- kindly sent me a copy of this Amazing novel!
Thank-you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your story!!!

THE PACE is a gorgeously written story about a couple who's lives intertwined through out time.
Not only is this story about immortality, it's about reincarnation and how true love can never die!

I can't say I've read to many books about immorality but I never expected this mind boggling plot! I was
Skye
Dec 30, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This review is also posted on my blog, In The Good Books.

Weston is a one-of-a-kind immortal, thanks to an experimental blood transfusion. Sophie is an anti-social online student. The unlikely pairs' worlds will collide - literally - when she crashes her car into his.

After she finds out about his nature, she thinks things can't get any weirder, but that's until she realises that she belongs in his world.

The Pace never really hit the spot, for me. I've read rave reviews for this semi-obscure book,
Nic
Jan 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!!! This story is a beautiful blend of mystery, suspense and romance.

It didn't take me long to get caught up in this book. Sophie was all the things you look for in a main character strong, loyal and down to earth and Wes he was of course gorgeous and mysterious. Their romance was the main focus of the book and it is an incredible love story, a love that seems doomed. The paranormal aspect of the story is interesting and has a unique take on immortality. The ending of course left me crav
Erica (storybookend)
Oh my gosh! What was that? How cruel to leave me reeling like that! The ending- oh the ending. It was so heart stopping, near heartbreaking. I need the sequel now! I’m so glad I read The Pace now, instead of when it first came out. That would be pure agony to have to wait for The Broken Lake to come out! I only have to wait a few days now. Still, I need the sequel now!

Oh, what a book. What a purely brilliant, breathtaking book. It was beautiful, passionate, romantic, intriguing. I couldn't stop
Flo
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're decided to read The Pace just make sure to turn off your phone and to close yourself in your room before you do, because you won't want anyone disturbing you after you've begun it. You won't be able to put it down.

I really liked Sohie's character, I felt close to her by certain aspects of her personnality, the distance she keeps with others (she attended an online high school rather than going in class among her peers). She was a really likeable girl and I particularly enjoy her relati
Danny
Jul 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2010
4.5 Stars!

Well that was a surprising lovely and wonderful book! She created such wonderful characters that you just have to love and adore.

Sophie is a independent, strong, determined 18 year old girl that meets Immortal Wes. (Well she doesn't know that when she meets him... ) Wes is the usual male protagonist: handsome, wealthy, sweet, smart and lovely and ... *does a little squee* he drives an black Maserati *died*. I really liked Wes right from he beginning, he wasn't creepy, he was just lov
April
The Pace by Shelena Shorts is a YA book, written through the first person perspective of Sophie. Sophie is an 18 year old homeschooled girl who falls in love rather quickly with a 19 year old named Weston. Weston has everything a girl could ask for, he's nice, smart, rich, and easy on the eyes. However, Weston has a secret.
Read the rest of my review here
Michelle Rebar
Jun 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WHAT?!!? HOLY BAJEEZELS!! After I finished reading THE PACE my jaw honestly hit the floor. It's still there actually. I haven't been able to speak for days. I must have the sequel. NOW. This definitely wins my personal award for "best cliffhanger." Seriously, I got to the last page and started yelling at the book and begging it to continue so I could find out what happens next. To my dismay, it not listen and I looked very silly. Wow. I'll try, but I don't even know how to review this without gi ...more
Lacey
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First Thoughts:

What do I say about this book? It was beyond anything I had imagined. I have been wanting to read this book for some time now but kept putting it off because of all the other books pushed my way but finally due to a mishap of not getting "Lemniscate" on time I decided to finally read this and boy am I glad I did! I Loved Weston and Sophie, their relationship is beyond anything I could ever hope for in my life but it sure is good to read about it in books....

Summary:

Alright it's go
Briana
Original/Complete review here: http://thebookpixie.blogspot.com/2010...

Review
In The Pace, debut author Shelena Shorts manages to take a common premise among YA literature and twist it into something much more satisfyingly original and unique.

I really liked Sophie's character as she was inquisitive, independent, and cautious when need be. Wes was so original and I absolutely loved him! He was the perfect romantic interest for this book. Both characters and their relationship were beautifully deve
Melissa (i swim for oceans)
Sophie knows that Weston has a secret. Somehow, he’s different from other boys his age, and she wants to know why. She’s new to California, and there’s something about Wes that resonates, and it’s something she’s drawn to discover. He’s attractive, yes, but there’s more. As Sophie gets to know Wes, she starts to realize that Wes doesn’t have a singular secret, but several. As Sophie discovers more about Wes, she grows closer to him, and a relationship begins to bloom, but the secrets might be to ...more
Tammie
This wasn't exactly what I was expecting when I started reading it. So here's the negative first...

At first I thought "Oh great, another Twilight knock off." I am seriously getting tired of reading books that describe boys as beautiful. Yet again the guy in this book is too perfect and of course, rich and immortal. And just like Edward was afraid of hurting Bella, there is even a reason that Sophie and Wes cannot consummate their relationship. As I continued to read I started to realize there w
Flannery
Crystal
Sep 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, first-reads
I have to say that out of all the books I have ever read this one tops the "OMG" list! The Pace left me in such a state that it has taken me a few days to settle down my nerves and collect my thoughts.
The story is about Sophie and how her life is turned completely upside down by the true love of her life Wes. In the beginning she meets Wes by literally crashing into him. Their journey together starts like most YA novels, he is so beautiful and she feels she doesn't deserve him. I would like for
Candace
Aug 19, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I would have given this book three stars up until the end, which was way too abrupt and just seemed like a money making ploy to sell the next book in the series.

Overall I did get into the story, but I had two problems with it:

1. The writing wasn't great, especially the first 1/4 of the book, which was a lot of I did this, and then I did this, and the next day I did this.

2. The main premise was too similar to the twilight series...average high school girl meets stunning immortal boy and they fall
Jackie -Sated Faery
Oct 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Loved this story!! I'll admit, I would have been a little hysterical about the ending if I didn't already have Broken Lake on the table next to me! :) I also really like the explanation of how Wes came to be the way he is - very unique!

Just re-read this book & I still absolutely love it!! Wes's history is so unique & he is just amazing. And I love that Sophie is so strong and knows what she wants.
Debbie
Oct 24, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is a nice departure from the typical vampire, werewolf, fairy, etc romantic YA book. Wes is a real human being that due to a scientific experiment has developed a prolonged life span and abilities that some would view as supernatural. Wes is a sweet guy who Sophie slowly realizes is much more complex than she first thought. One thing that I found interesting was the lack of supporting characters. While Sophie does have a best friend that she occasionally calls or texts we don't see mu ...more
Keysha
Oct 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
kari
Oct 10, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2009
The Pace has a lot of surprising twists and turns which kept me involved up to the last page.
The story of Sophie and how she meets Wes is very well told and I liked these characters very much, hoping they remain together and find their happily ever after.
I did like that Sophie was very intrigued by Wes and looked for answers instead of simply accepting that he was different and that she didn't accept him not giving her the answers she was seeking.
Wes is a very sympathetic character as well. I kn
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
Hannah (Sakurahan or ForeverBooks18)
It's a really good story with a very romantic plot. The romance starts from early on in the book, which is great for me. There is no love triangle, which again is great as I hate reading books where the main character just goes back and forth between 'loves' and there's no real progression with the love story.

The main character Sophie is a girl who hasn't really experienced love before. She meets the main male character Wes after bumping into his car with her's. Then there's this sweet romantic
Holly
Jul 24, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Holly by: Shelena Shorts
I knew I'd like this book right from the get-go, well before I'd even seen a copy of it, much less held it in my hand. It seemed incredibly similar to Evermore, a book I really enjoyed. This seemed like something I'd naturally pick up.

Wes is probably even more like every girl's fantasy than any other boy I've read about in a long time, including Edward Cullen. He's sweet, he's sensitive (in more ways than one), and he's super lovable. Even if his condition is slightly bizarre and off-putting.

And
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
May 21, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Damaris (GoodChoiceReading) by: goodchoicereadin@aol.com
This book was recommended to me by the wonder Sophie from MundieMoms and again I will say she never let's me down!

This book is a great read. The story is very easy to follow and the characters are very easy to love. Wes and Sophie are amazing together and I could not help but love their relationship from the very beginning. They are perfect for each other.

From reading the back cover of the book you find out that Wes is some what immortal and the only one of his kind. So I was really excited to
Asma
Jun 10, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
s she starts her final year in high school, Sophie expected a pretty monotone year, that is, until she crashes into Weston's car. Despite his enigmatic personality, Sophie is drawn to him. She finds out that being around Wes is not easy, especially since he is a scientifically made immortal.

There really isn't much to say about this book, because honestly, I still don't know what it's about. I don't understand how a book could have a character outside of the plot. It's just... why create that ch
Crystal
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I read this book years ago, but have re-read it several times. I enjoyed Shelena's writing style. I was super impressed with the clean language and great morals that she showed throughout the writing. There isn't much of that in any genre of book anymore, which is super sad. The Pace had a great storyline and wonderful characters that I found easy to connect to. Also, I found the premise to be different from the other books that are available, which was a nice change. I haven't found any other b ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
What's to come of Book 2 1 1 Jun 08, 2015 08:43AM

• Angel Star (Angel Star, #1)
  • The Mark
  • Feather (Feather, #1)
  • Seers of Light (Light, #1)
  • Minder (Ganzfield, #1)
  • Shadow Hills (Shadow Hills, #1)
  • Portal (Portal Chronicles, #1)
  • Never After
  • Sleepless
  • Penitence (Heavenly, #2)
  • Under My Skin (Skinned, #1)
  • The Mark (The Mark, #1)
  • The Thirteenth Chime (Sense of Truth, #1)
  • Shadow of the Sun (Timeless, #1)
  • Flecks of Gold
  • The Daykeeper's Grimoire (Prophecy of Days, #1)
  • Starcrossed: Perigee (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Arson (Arson, #1)
Shelena Shorts is a Virginia native who graduated from George Mason University with a degree in English and Special Education. After teaching for several years, she continues her passion for literacy through writing and publishing. Most of her weekends are spent on the sidelines cheering for one of her three, super active kids! She loves nature's views and is grateful for God's daily blessings.

The Pace (4 books)
  • The Broken Lake (The Pace #2)
  • The Iron Quill (The Pace, #3)
  • The Hour of Dreams (The Pace #4)
“...I realized that happiness could be more—something that elevates from the inside. Butterflies in the stomach, a smile that won't go away, and it's like an addiction that makes a person yearn for more. It‘s not something one thinks about, it‘s something that‘s felt, involuntarily.
I had always been a thinker, trying to find happiness and comfort in thoughts and ideas. It was only now that I realized happiness begins in the heart...”
11 likes
“You keep finding me. And I don't know how or why." "You're the one who showed me where you live.” 5 likes