Start by marking “In the company of animals” as Want to Read:

Read Book* *Different edition

In the company of animals

Following on from her success as a super-model, Princess (the cow with attitude) has been imprisoned at Poulters Farm. When she gets inspired by a once-famous old horse, the Princess sets her sights on a new career that might bring her fame and stardom. But when she is treated badly by her boss, she makes pals with a few of other the inmates, including a new not-so-secret ...more
Kindle Edition
Published September 10th 2011 by Chauffour Books (first published August 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about In the company of animals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the company of animals

Start your review of In the company of animals
Wendy Murray
Nov 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
A little more light-hearted than the first book in the series, About a Cow. Princess meets some new friends - Goliath, the handsome bull, and Jackson, the mad Welsh sheep. The animals are owned by the wicked Renton, who is only interested in what money they can make for him and bullies and mistreats them.

They plot an escape with the help of Reggie, the messenger rat - brilliant character, made me laugh out loud. I won't give away the rest of the plot but the group of friends get in to some scrap
Andy Frazier
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sent to the author from Emma wilkes - aged 10
Full letter online at:

In the company of animals
After winning the Great Royal Show, Princess the cow is sold off to cruel Renton wilks, the owner of Pulters Farm, who rents out animals for money. Princess makes new friends, Goliath, Edward, Maddie (or Madeline) and Jackson. With Jaxkson and Goliath she attempts to escape.
In the company of animals was a very good book. I loved the funny little messaging (email s
Beth Turner
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Looking for some new material for my god daughter, aged 9, not very girly but loves animals. Came across this new author by searching for something animal-related. She loved all the characters in the book, especially Jackson, the mad sheep. I think Princess is a good model for girls, she is feisty and has a bit of character.

We've read the others in the series now too - all are very funny. My god daughter is waiting for the next (fifth) to be published.

I would have liked a bit more illustration
Rosie Turner
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I liked all the animals in this book, especially Maddie the horse. Jackson the sheep is mad and likes to charge at things.
It was really good when the managed to escape and Reggie was ver funnt. I also liked the gypsy horses and the horse fair.
I could relate to Princess as she seemed to be the same age as me.

Jaci
K.B. Miller
Dec 04, 2011
Lindsay Aird
Andy Frazier
Feb 14, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Melissa T