Start by marking “Heaven (Halo, #3)” as Want to Read:
Heaven (Halo, #3)

Heaven (Halo #3)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  15,128 Ratings  ·  1,122 Reviews
Heaven must be missing an angel....

The angel Bethany and her mortal love, Xavier, have already pushed the boundaries of Heaven with their relationship. In this conclusion to the Halo trilogy, the two take their love to the next, forbidden, step: They marry.

At a time when they believe nothing will come between them again, they are faced with their most daunting challenge ye
Hardcover, First Edition, 419 pages
Published August 21st 2012 by Feiwel & Friends (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven, please sign up.

Ashley Lynn To go to heaven, you must live a life for God. I'm not saying that means you must live "sin free" but you just have to put your faith into Christ and…moreTo go to heaven, you must live a life for God. I'm not saying that means you must live "sin free" but you just have to put your faith into Christ and accept him as your leader and Savior. There are many sins that one can commit and still get into Heaven. I know for a fact that i don't live a sin-free life, but i know that my 'spot in heaven' is still reserved because i accept Christ in my life. (less)
Terry Fedosky Just because it has angels in it doesn't make it Christian! The author has taken a lot of leeway with Biblical things and her interpretation of them.
YA Novels of 2012
1,326 books — 10,679 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
2,468 books — 15,816 voters

More lists with this book...

Kiki
This book can go fuck itself.

There; that should give you a pretty solid idea of the flavor of this review. That this book is the absolute epitome of garbage is an understatement. It is one of the worst books I have ever read in my life.

Appalling is the success of this series. It’s been on the NYT bestseller’s list. It’s been in bookstore windows, on sale on the Amazon front page, and in the hot little hands of teenage girls everywhere. Above all this, the author’s eyes shine with dollar signs, a
Cait
I just want to tell you all: this is the first book I really considered quitting not once, not twice, but three times. I am so happy that this series is over and that I will never pick up any of these books from this series again for as long as I live. I am the definition of done. Also, spoilers will be abound and aplenty throughout this whole review, and this is going to a a mostly Supernatural gif-filled extravaganza, because A). That is how angels/demons/etc. should be done and B). I can. ...more
John Egbert
As of 7/9/2012

So I finally got around to reading (and trying to make sense of) the synopsis.

You see, this is the obvious bait. I'm not going to take it. I'm going to walk away and move on to the next sentence, because if I were to even get started on how much of an insult this is to teenagers (and really every human being on the planet) I wouldn't be able to stop. And none of us want that.

So instead I'm going to
Clair
Jun 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, fiction
While I was pondering over the best way to write this review, a little thought came to me.

'Vanessa, why are you even bothering to review this book? I mean, I know you've read the whole trilogy, but you just aren't the target audience. You aren't a Christian, for one. You've also made clear several times that you don't enjoy reading about teenage star-crossed and/or supernatural lovers, and you are now into your twenties. So don't get angry at an author for not catering to your specific tastes!'

A
Marlena
Nov 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
RAAAAAAHHHHHHHGGGRRRRAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

FUCKING PIECE OF ROTTING BULLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!

AHAAAHAAAAHAAAAAHHAAAA!! HAHAAAHAAA!!

(You see what this series has done to me.
It's driven me crazy... 0.0)

WHHHHYYY!? WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHHHHHYYYYEEEEE?

FUCK THE WORLD!!!! DX

Update: 3/21/12

I just read the synopsis. Is this for real? Really?

REALLY!?

So, in order to remain safe from some oooh scary angels, Bethany and Xavier go to college!? Oh sure, just blow $100,000 and party and whatnot! I am working my ASS
Maddison
Oct 27, 2011 marked it as to-read
Am i the only one who liked Jake???
Angela
Sep 22, 2011 rated it liked it
For some reason, there is a lot of bad review. I like the book because I love all book. The author work hard for it. And i'm mad that people are being ass. You can dislike the book but you don't have to be bitchy about it. How would you like it if you write your own book, and you get a hell of hate message? But again, i'm no one side. Although in my other side, i guess that this "hate" message to Alexandra Adornetto can enlight her to do better in future writing. Sign.... people these day... i d ...more
Beatriz  Lins
The cover. LOOK AT THIS COVER! *Die*

The synopsis does look pretty stupid, though. Two archangels challenging Heaven in order to protect an angel and a mortal's love and marriage? By hiding IN A COLLEGE? Are you freaking kidding me?

Edit: The trailer is out... and it's horrible -_- Why would seven fallen angels be so determined to stop Bethany and Xavier from their HEA? THey don't have anything else to do, do they? Go start the apocalipse or something. Just don't waste your time with these too.

Fu
Laurel
Mar 21, 2012 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: People who are against brain cells
Now, I'm not one to draw anatomy correctly 24/7...but at least I know how to critique myself and find my faults. A COVER LIKE THIS HURTS ME.

That is THE tiniest ribcage I have ever seen, and her neck looks way awkward arched like that. Also, I haven't seen someone so tiny about the waist since Ariel the mermaid. For serious.
And I didn't know hair could be wings. That must be a new development in angel anatomy. The silhouette should also still imply foreshortening with arm muscles and size and wha
Tarra
-0 stars

Oh my. I have to say this was the worst one yet. One would believe that when someone has three tries to get something right, that person eventually would...

Where do I begin?

Let's start with the fun fact that the dense, smoky forestry in South Carolina can, in fact, hide your sinning asses from the Great Cheezus himself! Yup. Bet'cha you didn't know that. Well there you have it. So, if you sin beyond imaginable circumstances you now know where to hide your shame riddled face. And to help
Mitch
Aug 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: no-just-no
Ugh. Here I was thinking, hey, Heaven can't be so bad if I read it as a parody, right? Right? *Crickets* Who am I kidding, it's still terrible. The only thing that's remotely amazing is how I've now managed to finish this series even though I couldn't get past chapter four of the eye gouging turd that was Fallen, but that's neither here nor there. Only means this book isn't the biggest pile of crap, but it's still a pile of crap.

Where to start? Not a revelation at all, after Halo and Hades it's
Nepeta Leijon
READ

Raphael belongs to the SWAG club.

WHAT HAVE I DONE? SWEET SIGNLESS IN A MOTHERFUCKING DREAM BUBBLE, I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF.

Okay, what the fuck was this story about? What was the moral even supposed to be?

"Let's all get married at a young age, have sex, then give up everything for a man!"- Alexandra Adornetto (But not really)

This sums up my feelings:

Also, this:

Yeah, Dolorosa does not approve of this message. An
hayden
Sep 05, 2011 marked it as own-it-to-read
Guess what popped up in my mailbox.

You know what's funny? The book, underneath the jacket, is sticky. Maybe it's an omen that they're finally gonna have sex!

Mwahahahahaha!!
This snark-bait book is on its way to me as we speak... Should be here on either Friday or Saturday... Cant wait to snark the hell out of it read it!
Merary
I thought it couldn't get any worse. Boy, I was wrong.

Bethany Church, or the Paranormal Mary Sue, whichever you want to call her, hasn't changed. At all.

After Xavier proposed to Bethany at the end of Hades, God made it really clear that this marriage was an abomination. Did Xavier and Bethany listen? Of course not.
So, they get married, cheese cheese blah blah, and OMG! A reaper appears to destroy it. What should they do? Bethany protects Xavier which made the reaper KILL Father Mel, Xavier's fam
Hydrogen Carbonate
Oct 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
Dear Alexandra Adornetto,

I'm currently in the middle of Hades and might I say NO book has pissed me off more than this one. Lordy Lucifer, Bethany got more stupid and annoying from the last. So, to counter balance all the 5 star reviews, I'm giving one star. Because even if you tack on gold at the end of two shits, you end up with more shit than gold.
MJ
To see full review click here: http://yalbookbriefs.blogspot.com/201...

Oh, dear lord. Let's just say I'm thankful that this is the last installment of this train wreck. I have lots to discuss and rant about so if you like positive and up beat reviews this is not the review for you.

I will say this though, this will be my first and last positive thing to say about this installment besides the fact that it's over. This was an improvement to Hades. But how could it not be? That being said, let's get
Teresa
Feb 26, 2012 marked it as to-read
Only sixteen when she started the series, Ally Adornetto knows how teen hearts beat, and this long-awaited conclusion is certain to be her most popular book yet.

Okay, someone do me a favor and call Guiness, because that was the biggest, motherfucking bullshit I have ever had the misfortune to read!!!! I honestly believe my IQ dropped seventy points after reading that statement, because if Ally knows how teen hearts beat, then I'm Madonna. And I am so obviously not Madonna.

And by the way, the co
Demo
Nov 28, 2012 marked it as lol-no  ·  review of another edition
Right now, before you read this, I want you to go look at that synopsis again. Look at it. Study it. Read into it like words that could determine whether you live or die. Then come back here and continue on.

Upon doing this, you may come to a few realizations:

First Question: Why would a bunch of rogue angels give a flying fuck about some stupid teenagers' relationship?

Let's picture this. You are an angel. You can fly. You have purtty wings and purtty hair and purtty everything. You can probably s
Jasmin
Apr 13, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: bookworm
NOOOO DON'T MAKE HER GO BACK PLEEEAAASASEEEE!!!!!
:'( Xavier needs her!!!
kitty cué
Nov 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
NO IM NOT LIKING THE NAME HEAVEN. THIS MEAN SHE WILL BE CALLED BACK I HOPE SHE GETS BACK AT THE END OF THE BOOK!

I THINK IM GETTING OBSES WITH THIS BOOK, WEIRD.
the scarecrow
Aug 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
"Adornetto knows how teen hearts beat"

This is exactly why Rowling invented the Crucio curse. It's so I can spend recovery time imagining casting it at awful authors and the cretins that allow this sort of drivel to be published.

*cracks knuckles*

Bring it, Adornetto. I'll do to you what Bellatrix did to the Longbottoms, except that you actually deserve it.
Zero vi Britannia
At first, I was iffy about giving a low rating before the book came out. But then I saw that this has a 4.13 rating. Now I don't care.

Edit #1:
(view spoiler)
Justin
Aug 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
My experience with this novel has brought a few names to mind. Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, George Orwell; these are a few of the well known scribes who can step their old dead asses aside. There's a new fuckin' sheriff in town and I believe her name's Alexandra Adornetto. She wields words like swords and swords like delicious sticks of honey butter. Picture a diamond studded french fry dipped in ecstasy laced ketchup being fed to you by the sexiest set of siamese twins alive, while Morgan Freema ...more
usagi ☆ミ
Oh wow. Okay, guys, just a warning: this one is all over the place. If anything, it wasn't really the neat, tied-up package I was hoping for, but it felt a little over-crammed full of sub-plots and dogma, not-so-subtle misogyny, endorsing the purity myth, and self-righteousness. Yet, oddly enough, it addresses some of the more confusing pieces of the Christian mythology (a lot of contradictory things that go on in Heaven itself, etc), which I liked a lot. I'll go more into all of this later, but ...more
Jori
Dec 14, 2010 marked it as to-read
I hope Beth gets to stay with Xavier! PLEASE ALEXANDRA! Don't make her go back, please! And don't you DARE make Xavier get killed, just so Beth can be with him forever! You CAN'T DO THAT TO ME! Make 'Our Father' understand their love... or something, let it work!
Shreya
Oct 23, 2011 marked it as to-read
The cover.....it's so.....CHEESY.....but....I'll.....read it anyway...K.

OMG!!! OH FREAKIN SNAP!!! Did u guys see the heart their arms form??!!! Holy baby JESUS!!!!!! THAT.IS.SICK!!!!!

srry, i just noticed. tee-hee.
Chelsie Hinds
Jun 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
Hopefully, in this last book, God will finally tear open the heavens and smite these two idiots.
Booknut
I love love. I like books about love. I like couples who are in love. But if 'Heaven' has taught me one thing...it is that there is such thing as too MUCH love!

I admit that yes, Beth and Xavier's relationship is cute. But in Heaven, it can be cute bordering on nausea. Xavier, however, is adorable and I can't hate him at all in this novel, where his spirit, drive and pure heart really come through, helping him overcome challenges with an elegance and ease that Beth seems to lack in 'Heaven'. If w
Kara
I'll write a review of this once I've finished face-palming myself.

1.5 / 5 stars -

It's been a few days since I've finished, so hopefully I've recuperated enough to write a coherent review. This review might have some spoilers later on, but I'm not going to "hide entire review because of spoilers" because a) you probably shouldn't waste your time with this, and b) I've given you plenty of time to scroll away.

Let's start with Beth. Everyone seems to have their issues with her, but she only really
Am I The Only One Who Disliked Bethany? 9 64 Jun 24, 2015 09:44PM
Sorry, but HEAVEN SUCKS 12 109 Dec 13, 2014 03:00PM
So who did you hate more, Bethany or Xavier? 8 66 Jun 26, 2014 01:16PM
GABRIEL AND MOLLY PLEASE! 13 166 Aug 08, 2013 12:34PM
Why do all YA series about angels seem so predicatable 5 43 Aug 06, 2013 06:19PM
So wait... Is this the last book? 17 82 Feb 25, 2013 01:43AM
Was this a good ending? 3 61 Oct 18, 2012 10:30PM
  • Fury (Mercy, #4)
  • Speed of Light (Fenestra, #3)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • A Fractured Light (A Beautiful Dark, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • A Touch Morbid (A Touch Trilogy, #2)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • A Want So Wicked (A Need So Beautiful, #2)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
  • Dark Heart Surrender (Dark Heart, #3)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Embers and Echoes (Wildefire, #2)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
Alexandra Emily Adornetto was born on the 18th of April 1992 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. She is the only child of an English Teacher and a Drama Teacher and attended, in her own words, "many" schools including MacRobertson Girls' High School, Ruyton Girls' School and Eltham College. She has loved stories for as long as she can remember. In 2006, she won the State Legacy Public Speaking comp ...more
More about Alexandra Adornetto...

Halo (3 books)
  • Halo (Halo, #1)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)

“That is when you need faith the most. Not when everything is going your way, not when you have much to be thankful for, but when there is darkness all around.” 47 likes
“...nothing is permanent. Everything and everyone you know can change at any moment. That's how I see things now - except for you. You're the one constant in my life.” 32 likes