Start by marking “Die Liebe des Highlanders” as Want to Read:
Die Liebe des Highlanders

Die Liebe des Highlanders

(Highlander #4)

4.30  ·  Rating details ·  38,013 ratings  ·  1,611 reviews
Kiss of the Highlander (The Highlander Series, Book 4)
Published July 1st 2003 by Ullstein Tb (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Die Liebe des Highlanders, please sign up.
Kris No, but it's best to read this one before going on. And if you want to know more backstory about Immortal Highlander (Adam) which is book 7 then you…moreNo, but it's best to read this one before going on. And if you want to know more backstory about Immortal Highlander (Adam) which is book 7 then you might want to read book 1 and 3.(less)

·  38,013 ratings  ·  1,611 reviews

Kat Kennedy
Yes, in case you're wondering, I'm even more ashamed than when I gave its predeccesor The Highlander's Touch three stars. It seems that I'm deteriorating into some obscure form of madness in which time-travelling, historical romance can illicit a four star rating out of me.

They should name a damn charitable foundation after me to help other people suffering from this obscure mental illness.

But it's honestly not my fault. The fault lies with Karen Marie Moning.

But it's honestly not my fault. The fault lies with Karen Marie Moning.

Evil
There it is, folks. The face of pure evil.

She makes these RIDICULOUS books that you should blush at the idea of reading - readable, fun and hilarious. If I deign to pick up a Historical Romance - especially one in which time-travelling is involved - I would spend most of it groaning, rolling my eyes and looking for a wall to bash my head on.

And yet, here we are. I've read two books in this series now and I have no intention of stopping. I mean, I totally could stop. If I wanted to...

Addict
I could stop anytime...

The strongest part of this book is, without a doubt, the characters. They're fantastic. Gwen and Drustan had me in hysterics. I thought this was going to be the usual pushy, chauvinistic male character with sex-pot-in-the-making virgin who admires his studly-studlyness until they have great sex and babies and we forget that they ever had issues. No. This is a story where the pushy, chauvinistic male character gets locked in the privy by the brilliant and stubborn female protagonist until he learns to behave himself. I feel this is a trend that already should have existed in many more romances. Because women have been writing 'romantic' men who're really just giant jackasses for waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too long.

I absolutely adored this book from start to finish and it's not because I like romances. Or history. Or time-travelling. It's because Karen Marie Moning has me wrapped around her twisted little finger as she kicks my ass with her story-telling ability and writing craft. I'm only glad I wasn't a fan of such books BEFORE I read Moning's, because otherwise she would have ruined Historical Romances as thoroughly for me as she's ruined Urban Fantasy with her Fever Series.

Simply because she can, the heartless bitch!
Blacky *Romance Addict*
I am on Highlander high and these books are going to be my fix! I absolutely LOVED Kiss of the Highlander Photobucket

The cover - my oh my can it be more hot?! Photobucket Love the pic, and I'd sure like to meet that model just to see how good a Highlander kiss can be :))))

The story - I loved the whole concept, and it was well written, mixing time travel with druids and magic... Just wow! Photobucket It's about Gwen, an american girl on vacation in Scotland. She is in search of a cherry picker Photobucket and so far no man ha
MelissaB
Drustan and Gwen's story - I enjoyed this book, it was my first KMM book ever! This is one of KMM's funniest books. I love how Gwen was looking for a cherry picker to rid her of her virginity then when she saw Drustan she thought he looked more like a cherry tree chopper downer than a cherry picker.

The storyline was very good, I love the part toward the end when Drustan remembers then they have a very passionate encounter in the buttery. Gwen was a great heroine, she was intelligent, honorable
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
★★★★★5 Transcending stars <3★★★★★

description

Absolutely delightful read ! An intelligent hero, a kick-ass heroine,fabulous plot AND Time-Travel,What more could I have asked for?
It almost felt like a believable fairy-tale. Their love was absolutely transcendent and I loved how effortlessly the author handled the time-travel concept.(which,believe me,is a RARE talent.)

Would highly recommend this read and Yes,defiantly plannin
Karla
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!!
Recommended to Karla by: Kristen, Kris
5 Gigantic Stars!!! FANTASTICAL!! It was worth all the anxiety I felt for reading out of order. A few pages in and all that OCD flew out the window!!

This book had everything and then some that I look for in a story. A larger than life hero, who is cocky, funny, protective, loving, worships his woman and is SCRUMPTIOUS! Drustan MacKeltar...RAWRRRRRR!!! A heroiMacKeltar...
Rachel Reads Ravenously

Whelp I am in the minority. I enjoyed the first part of this book but the last 2/3's were not for me. I also just can't stand the term "make love" or "Love making" and found this book incredibly frustrating and too much instalove.

There were moments I enjoyed, I want to read the next book but overall to cheesy for me. Maybe because of the year it was published? Moving on.
Olga therebelreader

I am a big fan of time travel romances and this book more than met my expectations for a great read! The author created characters you come to love with a plot that will pull at your heart strings and give you a chuckle now and then.

Beautifully crafted story that you won't want to put down. A definite keeper!! Kiss of the Highlander is definitely a 5 star read and I highly recommend it! I look forward to reading more of Ms. Moning's work.

In short:
Hero 5/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 5/5 | Writing Style 5/5 | Steam 4/5 | Romance 5/5 | Angst-Suspense 4/5 |short:
work.
In
Kristen
I couldn't help but smile while reading this book. I simply fell in love with the love story. This book had a clever plot, fascinating characters, steamy romance, and great writing. Definitely a keeper!
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
KISS OF A HIGHLANDER

kilt

Okay, now I have your attention I would like to say - hasnt the model on the cover of this book have the most kissable lips you have ever seen? What I would give to have them babies roaming my body...oh my - im sweating here....

414TZBFgbWL__SS500_

LMAO...Okay, now the
Sophia Triad
Once upon a time 'a girl who was hiking in the foothills of Scotland found an enchanted highlader sleeping in a cave above Loch Ness'. A bit clumsy as she was, she lost her balance and landed on top of him waking him up. The sleeping beauty, Drustan, had been slept for 500 years and he was a bit lost when he woke up in 21st century, but Gwen helped him found his way.

This was a great love story!

I had a goofy smile while I was reading it from the beginning until the end. Th
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This was a delightful book. Heartwarming and hilarious in turns, it kept my interest. I really enjoy the fact that KMM's heroines tend to be very intelligent and capable. It's nice to see that in romances. I don't see why a heroine can't be smarter than the hero or more accomplished. I'm glad that KMM doesn't adhere to that formula in her novels. Her heroines tend to be on the physically perfect side, but they are so nice, it doesn't annoy me. Drustan was delicious and he was a nice guy too. He ...more
Dina
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved everything about this book, starting with the yummy cover! Oh boy, I could stare at Nathan Kamp's lips for a lifetime!... ;)

Now, focusing on the story itself... Once again, KMM gave us a more-than-wonderful hero (Drustan MacKeltar) but, this time, she gave us an amazing heroine (Gwen Cassidy) who, I admit, I loved better than the hero. And that's something, because I adored Drustan! Gwen was intelligent, funny, feisty and determined; Drustan didn't really stand a chance with
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
I prayed, prayed, PRAYED that after my recent "4 in row crappy books" that this would be the one to pull me out of my reading funk...
IT DID! Yay for me! I'm back in the game :D
 photo SmangItBodyRoll_zps7563e3b2.gif

I've said this many times that I am not big on Historical romance reads. So it's no surprise that Highlanders for the most part are not my cup of tea. Although there have been some "Gems" in my past. Though I do n
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I struggled at times with this one tbh. I love the time travel idea of it, but it just fell a little flat for me. I felt like there was way too much inner dialogue going on (especially in the first half) and not enough actual interactions. The connection between the h and H felt mostly sexual, and I didn't get the progression of feelings to love. The ending also was a huge bummer. We get all this struggle for them and then an ending that didn't even feel complete! Oh well. I/>Overall
Mou
3.5 Stars rounded up to 4stars.

It was a good read. Based on the plots and writing it was definitely good and five stars worthy, but... I didn’t like some of the things. I can’t explain those BUTS without spoiling everything so better not to say anything. But one thing I can say is that constantly talking about a 25 years old heroine's virginity is definitely not cool. Every time the author mentioned something about heroine’s virginity, I consider to mark it DNF, "I am not reading an HP... Am I?
Sam (AMNReader)
Well, I didn't hate it. I know that doesn't sound like high praise, but I H A T E time travel books. They get so caught up in their own complications that it's near impossible to disregard the implications.

But this book honestly did it a bit better than most, though that wasn't the highlight. The story just didn't take itself that seriously. It was fun and sexy, a welcome diversion.

It's still only a 2-2.5 because I felt the focus on the heroine's virginity to be a snooze fest, and I did quite
Irene Sim
This story was one of the best in the series so far!

This game of fate and travelling in time to change the past but simultaneously alter the future in unexpected ways, kept me mostly entertained while reading the book, and to be honest most of the time perched on the edge of my seat anxious to see, how the heroes will overcome the obstacles set upon them by magic and laws of physics.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a physics prodigy and a medieval druid found their way to e
~ Becs ~
I'm not going to write a lengthy review here as this book is years old and there are already so many reviews but I will say that it's a highly enjoyable Highlander romance with some supernatural time travel elements mixed in and plenty of humour as well as a well-planned and surprisingly complex plot.

Drustan is a wonderful hero and I very much enjoyed seeing him waking in the 21st century after sleeping for hundreds of years and experiencing cars and lighters and such like. The time
Susan (susayq ~)
I laughed. I cried. I will never look at the color purple the same way again. The ending surprised me. I wasn't expecting that. And let's just say I'm thrilled by it.

normally I read a series in order. With this one though, I started here since this is what was at my library(and it was the only one) I've been told it's ok to read it out of order. But, if the next book takes up from the letter that was left for Drustan and Gwen, I'll have to read it next. Anyone want to take pity on me and and me
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Twenty-five year old Gwen Cassidy is on a mission: To find her cherry picker.

On an impulsive trip to Scotland to find said cherry picker, Gwen encounters a “cherry three chopper-downer” in the form a hulking Highlander who is stubborn as a mule and from the 14th century. Lovely.

After a little mishap retrieving her pack, Gwen takes a tumble and lands upon Drustan Mac
Wendy
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Wendy by: Karla
Durstan, a hot higlander that's as alpha as they come and loves unconditionally, meets his match with his heroine Gwen. She's smart and pushes all his buttons, both good and bad.

The story is well paced and has a touch of pnr element and time travel which I enjoyed. I also adored the supporting characters in this and found that they played a major part in balancing this great little love story.

This is a romantic and "feel good" read, that had me laughing out loud. It's a winner!
Chappy
I'm so glad I tried this series again. I had given up after book 1 but then I read of whole bunch of favorable reviews about this installment. Wow, I'm kind of speechless.

Druids, time-travel, highlanders and hot, hot romance. This book has it all and that ending left me swooning.
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Wow! This is my first book in this series because I heard they were standalones. I didn't feel like I missed anything so I think it was a great one to start with. This time travel romance felt like perfection. There was humor, it was so damn sexy and Drustan was the highland warrior I didn't realize I was missing in my life. The sacrifices and extreme lengths to which both Gwen and Drustan went to get their HEA had this romance junkie swooning, laughing and crying. ALL THE FEELS with this specta ...more
AH
Mar 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heavy sigh….wipes tears away from face….wow!

I am at a loss for words to describe how much I loved Kiss of the Highlander. I was captivated from the first page and I literally did not put the book down until I finished it. Ms. Moning, I want my very own Highlander!

The story was beautiful. It was hot, steamy, romantic, and magical.

Our heroine Gwen, was on a bus tour of Scotland. She decides to go for a hike. Her bag falls and as she goes to retrieve it, she also falls and lands on to
HeatherJay
Aug 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O.k, O.k, fine, I'll admit it. Good Reads has officially ruined me. 2 months ago you would NEVER have found me reading a book with a scantily clad man on the cover. I recall telling a co-worker of mine about Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and her saying "Is this one of those books with the naked men on the cover?" and me replying "Oh, please, I would never read one of those. So cheesy"....oh, how naive I was.
After seeing a few of my GR friends speak so highly of the highlander novels by Karen Mari
Dee
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dee by: Kristen & Karla
5+ stars I Loved it!

I can't thank Kristen & Karla enough for encouraging me to read this. I have this thing about reading books in order and can't skip any, but they assured me that it was ok, and that I didn't need to read the first 3 in the series and that I could start with this one. Adding to my phobia of book skipping, the synopsis also had me worried as I am fairly new to HR and have never really liked the thought of time travel stories. I was really apprehensive about going ahe
Eastofoz
Feb 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: KMM fans
This is a strange series for me. I keep thinking it’s going to get a lot better and it just gets modestly better or considerably worse. Luckily this one falls under the modestly better category.

Here we have the story of Drustan and Gwen. Drustan is a Highlander Druid living way back when while Gwen lives in modern times. In a weird and wacky moment she finds herself in a very interesting “position” the first time she meets Drustan. He finds himself thrown into the 20th century trying to get a g
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

*** I am absolutely in love with the MacKeltar clan! ***

A truly lovely story of Drustan and Gwen.

description

If their love story is not a true fairy-tale tale I don't know what is. You have a charming prince... eeer I mean laird being woken up by kiss... err I mean blood and sunshine lol, BUT he gets woken up by his true love (even though they both hesistant, especially Gwen to admit that). Drustan gets woken up being stranded by beautiful & practically naked, by his 16th century standards,
***
clan!
Dee
Aug 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010, audiobook
can I have a Drustan for Christmas please??
Kitty (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good)
description

A sort of modern, lame, gender reversed, Sottish version of sleeping beauty. I apologise for the length of this rant review, but I have augmented it with pictures, and lyrics from the eighties.

WOW! So I just read The Darkest Night and you may have read in my review how peeved I was at the stupid obsessive love between the virginal girl with no personality called Bella Swan, Anastasia Steel, Ashlyn and her hunk of brooding man meat. Well this book was basically EXACTLY THE EFFING SAME! But it was far more lighthearted and I
Does this book take place mostly in the present or mostly in the past? 12 99 May 08, 2013 10:00AM
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong first pub. date 3 34 Sep 08, 2011 03:14PM

• Highland Guardian (Daughters of the Glen, #2)
  • Wedding the Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • Taming the Scotsman (Brotherhood of the Sword #4/MacAllister, #3)
  • Highlander Unmasked (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #2)
  • Lord of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #1)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Highland Destiny (Magic of the Highlands, #1)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immacul

Highlander (8 books)
  • Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)
  • To Tame a Highland Warrior (Highlander, #2)
  • The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3)
  • The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5)
  • The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6)
  • Spell of the Highlander (Highlander, #7)
  • Into the Dreaming (Highlander, #8)
“If aught must be lost, ‘twill be my honor for yours. If one must be forsaken, ‘twill be my soul for yours. Should death come anon, ‘twill be my life for yours. I am Given.” 597 likes
“His heavy-lidded gaze reflected a languor that had nothing to do with having just awakened, and there was no doubt what was on his mind. But this is no safe cherry picker, Gwen thought, growing more concerned by the moment.
This man looks like a cherry tree chopper-downer.”
54 likes